PDA

View Full Version : Learning from Miami

SD GB fan
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
hey i was thinking..shud the packers do what the fins did tonight? look for jennings and ferguson early and then look at DD 2nd half, while sticking patiently with running game and short passes. chambers was practically ignored til end of 1st half. it seemed that it worked pretty well for MIA til the late 4th quarter breakdown.

HarveyWallbangers
09-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Nah, the Packers will go through their progressions. On a good percentage of the plays, Driver will be the #1 option. If he's open, they'll throw it to him.

Pacopete4
09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
It didnt really work to well for Miami did it? Culps had 2 picks in the 2nd half.. and Chambers was never really any kind of threat. We dont want DD to be like that, he has to be the man to take pressure off Jennings and Fergy. Franks and the other TE's too have to carry their load because last season, unfortunetly, they did not. We cant look past the fact that Jennings IS STILL A ROOKIE. He may become great, but there will still be times that he struggles. And we all know what Fergy does on the field. DD is our #1 and we have to get him into the game which will lead to our #2 and #3 being able to get open easier.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 12:06 AM
You don't put a Chevrolet engine in a Ferrari Racing car.

Fritz
09-08-2006, 06:40 AM
Favre is the type of guy who looks consistently to the guys he's comfortable with - that's true of most QB's but seems even more so with Favre. Look for Favre to try to jam the ball into a tiny opening to a triple-covered Driver, while Ferguson stands wide open on the other side of the field.

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 06:57 AM

You don't put a Chevrolet engine in ANY car. :mrgreen:

wist43
09-08-2006, 08:00 AM
It may not be "who they are", but the Packers need to play a defensive/field position game. As I said in another thread, "there's no crime in punting".

All the Bears need to do is play solid special team, not turn the ball over, and wait for the Packers to lose patience and for Favre to start winging the ball all over the place - when they do that, it'll be game, set, and match for the Bears.

M3 needs to be patient - and punt a lot. If he can do that, the Packers will have a shot. I don't think there's anyway M3 does that though... this could get very ugly.

pbmax
09-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I kind of doubt M3 is going to go for it as often as he did in the preseason, but we won't know until he is in a game situation.

The Bears have injuries in the D Line and it may allow the Pack to pass more effectively (or at least have more time).

But I agree with wist in that, just like last year, we'll be OK only as long as we're close or in the lead. I don't think Brett trusts this O any more than he did in the second half of last season. Maybe Jennings makes a huge difference, but the history of rookie WR isn't on our side here.

pbmax
09-08-2006, 08:11 AM
In fact, that might be the biggest point of the game, with such a young offense, does Favre play it conservative like he did in 2002 and 2003? Or does he go Mad Bomber?

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I kind of doubt M3 is going to go for it as often as he did in the preseason, but we won't know until he is in a game situation.

The Bears have injuries in the D Line and it may allow the Pack to pass more effectively (or at least have more time).

But I agree with wist in that, just like last year, we'll be OK only as long as we're close or in the lead. I don't think Brett trusts this O any more than he did in the second half of last season. Maybe Jennings makes a huge difference, but the history of rookie WR isn't on our side here.
Hey I actually like this thread Packer fans.

Well first of all the Bears have no injuries on the D-line that will affect the starters. They have a back up DE that may not play but Alex Brown is geared to play.

I predict just like most other fans and analyst predcit and think---that the Bears will take stunts up the middle and try to force Brett to the outside DE's. But just because we all think that is the main reason why it just may not happen. I can imagine fake blitzes to the inside only to confuse and freeze the guard just enough whereas he misses the double team from a blitz to the outside. Sounds confusing? I know, and that exactly how the young guards will get during the process...confused.

I am not sure what Lovie Smith has planned on offense. But I doubt if he will have Grossman tossing it up too much in the first game of the season. The kid still scares me cuz one minute he and look like the next best thing and the next he can look like a kid that is too excited to be on an NFL team. Time will tell which shows up sunday.

retailguy
09-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Except a JAGUAR.... :mrgreen: :wink:

retailguy
09-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Time will tell which shows up sunday.

"Which" shows up on Sunday, probably goes a long way towards determining what happens on Sunday. The Bears should win this game, and easily, if you believe the experts, but they are wrong more often than any of us care to admit.

For the first time in many, many, many years, I am clueless as to what we'll see on Sunday.

ahaha
09-08-2006, 06:17 PM
I can imagine fake blitzes to the inside only to confuse and freeze the guard just enough whereas he misses the double team from a blitz to the outside. Sounds confusing? I know, and that exactly how the young guards will get during the process...confused.

Why is this so confusing? Everybody does this, even college and high school teams. You're imagining that one or more of the inside guys fakes a blitz and drops into coverage, while an extra blitzer or two comes from the same side. That's as old as the blitz itself.

vince
09-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Except a JAGUAR.... :mrgreen: :wink:
or a Corvette Z06... wanna race?
http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Corvette-Z06-Geiger-1.jpg

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2006, 07:48 PM
I can imagine fake blitzes to the inside only to confuse and freeze the guard just enough whereas he misses the double team from a blitz to the outside. Sounds confusing? I know, and that exactly how the young guards will get during the process...confused.

Why is this so confusing? Everybody does this, even college and high school teams. You're imagining that one or more of the inside guys fakes a blitz and drops into coverage, while an extra blitzer or two comes from the same side. That's as old as the blitz itself.
well since your guards are not too far removed from college and High school this should work just fine.