PDA

View Full Version : Official Cowboys Week 2017

pbmax
10-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 23m23 minutes ago
@TyMontgomery2 on his "ClubhouseLive" show says he has multiple broken ribs, but is feeling better, can laugh & sleep now

@TyMontgomery2 aslo said wants to play in Dallas but has to weigh risk of damage to internal organs. #Packers

Joemailman
10-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Packers lead all time series 18-17. 14-13 in regular season. 4-4 in the playoffs. Packers have won 6 of the last 7. Only loss was last year at Dallas. Packers lost 30-16.

hoosier
10-03-2017, 04:35 AM
Packers lead all time series 18-17. 14-13 in regular season. 4-4 in the playoffs. Packers have won 6 of the last 7. Only loss was last year at Dallas. Packers lost 30-16.

the loss was at Green Bay

Teamcheez1
10-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Chris Roth‏ @rothchris 23m23 minutes ago
@TyMontgomery2 on his "ClubhouseLive" show says he has multiple broken ribs, but is feeling better, can laugh & sleep now

@TyMontgomery2 aslo said wants to play in Dallas but has to weigh risk of damage to internal organs. #Packers

I can't imagine they let Montgomery play this week (he might be out for multiple weeks). It will be up to Jones, Ripkowski, and Mays to get the job done. Cobb will also get a few carries.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2017, 08:59 AM
He's listed as day to day, and a lot of players play with rib injuries - they can wrap it and protect it pretty well. Just the same, we would be fine with Jones, Mays, and maybe a little bit of Ripkowski. With the Cowboys' weak secondary, we will be doing a lot of passing anyway.

pbmax
10-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 23m23 minutes ago
More
Packer working out former Colts offensive tackle Andrew Wylie today, according to a source

MadScientist
10-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL 23m23 minutes ago
More
Packer working out former Colts offensive tackle Andrew Wylie today, according to a source
Not a great sign, as it means that the starters are likely out for a while longer and the other tackles on the roster aren't viable options.

hoosier
10-03-2017, 11:20 AM
At least one of them out. If I had to guess who will take longer to return I would say Bulaga.

gbgary
10-03-2017, 11:36 AM
At least one of them out. If I had to guess who will take longer to return I would say Bulaga.

i tend to agree although i hope he makes it, is effective, and finishes.

Smidgeon
10-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Not a great sign, as it means that the starters are likely out for a while longer and the other tackles on the roster aren't viable options.

There are no other tackles on the roster that are healthy. Just guards that fake it.

Tony Oday
10-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Jones will run for 100 yards and 2 TDs this week. Our defense will get run over and we lose to the Cowboys.

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Jones will run for 100 yards and 2 TDs this week. Our defense will get run over and we lose to the Cowboys.

I just don't believe that the Cowboys will run all over the Packers D. I think the run D has been pretty good this season.

Smidgeon
10-03-2017, 03:21 PM
I just don't believe that the Cowboys will run all over the Packers D. I think the run D has been pretty good this season.

If Dez can't get it done, the Pack can focus on the run.

Dez has fewer yards than Devante (and slightly more than Jordy), but he has fewer catches than Cobb, Jordy, Devante, and Marty B. And he's been targeted 4th most in the league.

If the Pack can shut him down with King and Burnett can take Witten, I think the Packers win. They're one dimensional otherwise.

QBME
10-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Opening Vegas line is Dallas -2.

QBME
10-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Anybody hear any rumblings regarding Montravious Adams? I can't seem to cipher any meaningful info from various websites.

Smidgeon
10-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Anybody hear any rumblings regarding Montravious Adams? I can't seem to cipher any meaningful info from various websites.

What have you heard? All I've seen is that he's practicing and his health is (relatively) back injury-wise. I assume he was still catching up and that's why he wasn't playing.

Fritz
10-03-2017, 05:11 PM

I see what you"re doing. You've taken my mantle from last year.

Run with it, tho it is a heavy burden.

pbmax
10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
Montgomery says he was hurt on first play. Trevathan's knee was nail; DL falling on him was hammer. Also broke ribs in title game he said.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3h3 hours ago
So he got four more carries vs Chicago. Can't imagine what that was like.

I am not expecting to see him if there is an actual chance of internal organ damage.

In other news, if you watch Monty run, he often makes contact heads up, not crouched down. So I bet his torso takes more hits compared to RBs who are crouched. Its a very upright style and he doesn't lead with his head.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Not much mentioned here about the Cowboys' weak pass defense. Their DBs are worse than ours. In addition to that, I've observed that Dak Prescott doesn't seem to have quite the accuracy he had last year, and he gets a lot worse when rushed. Last season, he was damn near the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. This year, he has been pretty ordinary. Also, their world-beater O Line has been way below last year's standard. They seemed to snap back the first half last week, but reverted to bad in the second half.

I expect a big Packer win, with our without Montgomery. I think he will play some but Jones will get more carries than Williams ever got (and he will show that he deserves them).

QBME
10-03-2017, 06:32 PM
What have you heard? All I've seen is that he's practicing and his health is (relatively) back injury-wise. I assume he was still catching up and that's why he wasn't playing.

Haven't heard zip. He's not listed on any injury report, vis a vis "did not participate", "limited participation", etc. He is still listed on the active roster.

esoxx
10-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Cowboys are a dumpster fire.

gbgary
10-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Pack d was top 10 last year against the run but surprisingly are far down the list this year. that said our pass d is much better. hopefully daniels (and the rest of the d) can stay healthy from here on out.

pbmax
10-03-2017, 07:26 PM

+1 suspended Defensive player (or 3)

gbgary
10-03-2017, 07:29 PM

their o-line lost two starters and they swapped some terrible DBs for inexperienced rookies. they may be better but it's not showing yet. their middle LB lee won't play this week either. they'll miss him. dez is a slow one-trick pony and doesn't require a double team anymore.

hoosier
10-04-2017, 08:25 AM
their o-line lost two starters and they swapped some terrible DBs for inexperienced rookies. they may be better but it's not showing yet. their middle LB lee won't play this week either. they'll miss him. dez is a slow one-trick pony and doesn't require a double team anymore.

Did you see him last January against GB? Did not look like a slow one-trick pony to me.

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Did you see him last January against GB? Did not look like a slow one-trick pony to me.

He was covered by Gunter, who was a slow no-trick pony.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Dez is not washed up, lol. Dude is a premier player, he just has an average-at-best quarterback throwing him the ball.

This is going to be a tough game. Would rather play 'em in October than December or January.

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Bryant is decent at getting open - decent route runner when engaged, knows all the tricks to making space. Best quality is his aggressiveness at the point of the catch - catches contested throws, competes, is strong and can turn a pop-up into a score by maintaining his balance while the defender falls down.

Jason Witten is similar in his experience - good at route running and shielding the defender. But has slowed considerably.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Dez's best quality is he is a grown ass man that will out jump and out muscle you for the ball. Dude is this generations TO.

Fritz
10-04-2017, 11:01 AM

I think Bryant is a slow two-or-three-trick pony.

gbgary
10-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Dez only catches 40% of his targets. one of the worst % in the league. this means 60% of those targets are getting defensed or he's dropping them.

now with all my shit talking watch him light us up. lol

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Dez's best quality is he is a grown ass man that will out jump and out muscle you for the ball. Dude is this generations TO.

but can he give a good interview while doing crunches?

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4df7d695cadcbbf76e0e0000-1190-625/terrell-owens-will-play-for-the-indoor-football-league-after-nfl-teams-show-zero-interest.jpg

texaspackerbacker
10-04-2017, 12:28 PM
I watch the Cowboys every week, and it seems like Dez sulks or dogs it if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way early or often. Consequently, it seems like the Cowboys force it in to him sometimes when they would be better off running or throwing it elsewhere.

Gunter, who was maligned by so many in here, covered him well. It will be a damn shame if King or whoever is on him this week can't do at least as well.

Rutnstrut
10-04-2017, 01:54 PM
The packers D has a way of making mediocre players great. I wouldn't be surprised if Beasley or Witten have a big day.

Cheesehead Craig
10-04-2017, 02:48 PM
but can he give a good interview while doing crunches?

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4df7d695cadcbbf76e0e0000-1190-625/terrell-owens-will-play-for-the-indoor-football-league-after-nfl-teams-show-zero-interest.jpg

He's more of a Thigh Master kind of guy.

pbmax
10-04-2017, 02:57 PM
APRH

Packer Report
Only Joe Thomas not practicing for #Packers. Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Adams, Montgomery and Williams among those back

APRH

hoosier
10-04-2017, 03:36 PM
That's nice, players returning to health finally. Hopefully they do not get Bulaga'ed.

What in the wide world of sports does APRH mean again? I looked it up and this is what I found staring back at me. Not all that illuminating, except possibly for the idea that "R" manages to keep its pad level low. I am guessing there might be another meaning that google hasn't learned to track as readily....

APRH acronym or abbreviation means:

A: Meaning of A in APRH. The letter A has two bars connected at a pointed edge and a cross bar holding them together. From an open end to a pointed edge signifies that all energies are trained to a point to achieve the most singularly important goal. The cross bar shows caution. Failure is avoided by stringing all required resources together. A also looks like a Pyramid with the peak as the apex of the Pyramid. Pyramids are iconic. A therefore symbolizes prominence and a desire to be recognized for ones achievements. The cross bar also represents a rung in ladder. To get to the top, one has to first step on the rung. It also means originality, a strong will power and an enterprising ability. The upper-case version consists of the two slanting sides of a triangle, crossed in the middle by a horizontal bar. It shows aspiration, the dominance to be successful, positive attitude, an optimistic world view and egotism.

P: Meaning of P in APRH. P has a heavy top standing on just a point to show it's strenght. It means strong, the ability tp perceive weakness and opportunities easily and clear-sightedness. By standing on its own, it shows self-centeredness, a thriving attitude and rigorousness. P also shows disconnection, strong will to go even alone and impartiality.

R: Meaning of R in APRH. Letter R sits comfortably on two legs that are a litlle spread apart. It displays great strength. It's close top to itself is uncaring, impetuous, and insensitive.

H: Meaning of H in APRH. H looks like a ladder. As a ladder, it implies rising from the bottom with effort. H shows inspiration and firmness. The connected of the uprights parts indicate impartiality. The letter H is upright and stable indicating calmness and self-reliance.

QBME
10-04-2017, 05:38 PM
That's nice, players returning to health finally. Hopefully they do not get Bulaga'ed.

What in the wide world of sports does APRH mean again? I looked it up and this is what I found staring back at me. Not all that illuminating, except possibly for the idea that "R" manages to keep its pad level low. I am guessing there might be another meaning that google hasn't learned to track as readily....

Assuming Players Remain Healthy

Are you catfishin' me?

pbmax
10-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 5h5 hours ago
#Packers WR Davante Adams (concussion) is working through position drills. Very good sign.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLUJe-KVwAAYBN3.jpg:large

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Assuming Players Remain Healthy

Are you catfishin' me?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29775-PackerRats-Glossary

KYPack
10-04-2017, 09:07 PM
I watch the Cowboys every week, and it seems like Dez sulks or dogs it if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way early or often. Consequently, it seems like the Cowboys force it in to him sometimes when they would be better off running or throwing it elsewhere.

Gunter, who was maligned by so many in here, covered him well. It will be a damn shame if King or whoever is on him this week can't do at least as well.

I maligned him, all righty.

The guy couldn't run, no speed.

The Packers did worse than malign him, they cut him bc of it.

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Gunter, who was maligned by so many in here, covered him well.

that's not what I saw

pbmax
10-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Dez has 9 receptions on 12 targets for 132 yards and 2 TDs.

Joemailman
10-04-2017, 10:29 PM
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/5c025d8b-d5a0-4c9d-a369-7652eaee63a8.png

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 10:52 PM

Gunter was thrown at 10 times with 6 receptions, two TDs, one PI and about 90 yards yeilded. He was competitive on some snaps and all Bryant's yards weren't against him, but overall Gunter was pretty marginal.

pbmax
10-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Gunter was thrown at 10 times with 6 receptions, two TDs, one PI and about 90 yards yeilded. He was competitive on some snaps and all Bryant's yards weren't against him, but overall Gunter was pretty marginal.

Did you just rewatch the game? :D

mraynrand
10-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Did you just rewatch the game? :D

scanned through it, yep.

Adams was held on a critical third down. Wonder how much home cookin' will be going on... League needs Dallas to win a game.

Is Sean Lee really out? That guy is too good.

Pugger
10-05-2017, 07:41 AM
I maligned him, all righty.

The guy couldn't run, no speed.

The Packers did worse than malign him, they cut him bc of it.

And now he isn't doing much in Carolina. He's been inactive for half of their games so far.

KYPack
10-05-2017, 07:47 AM
You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them. He didn't have the straight line speed to cover a deep route. So you had to have help in the various forms to keep that back door closed. When you do that, you leave openings that a team like Dallas can take advantage of. The fact that Prescott is pretty green probably saved our bacon in that game.

Tex, sometimes you have to take off them G&G goggles and look at our players for what they are, not what you hope them to be.

gbgary
10-05-2017, 10:52 AM

40 targets, 16 receptions, 212 yards, 2 tds
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/receiving.htm

pbmax
10-05-2017, 12:31 PM
40 targets, 16 receptions, 212 yards, 2 tds
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/receiving.htm

That was supposed to read "Dez had" as in he had those numbers versus Pack in playoffs.

Fritz
10-05-2017, 01:01 PM
You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them. He didn't have the straight line speed to cover a deep route. So you had to have help in the various forms to keep that back door closed. When you do that, you leave openings that a team like Dallas can take advantage of. The fact that Prescott is pretty green probably saved our bacon in that game.

Tex, sometimes you have to take off them G&G goggles and look at our players for what they are, not what you hope them to be.

If you do that, and replace them with beer goggles, you'll find that Bretsky's Green Bay bikini gals look magnificent. Even better than LaDarius Gunter

gbgary
10-05-2017, 01:32 PM
That was supposed to read "Dez had" as in he had those numbers versus Pack in playoffs.

oops. my bad. :bow:

Bossman641
10-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Isn't word supposed to come down regarding Elliott at any time?

Fritz
10-05-2017, 02:13 PM

Jayrone was cut at the end of training camp. I think somebody picked him up, though I don't recall who.

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2017, 02:28 PM
You really can't have a player like Gunter in your coverages. He couldn't cover flys, 9's, go routes, streaks, whatever you want to call them.

I just had a flashback to backyard football. I was a big liability in the secondary. (We had only 2 or 3 on a team, so this was well before era of specialization.) Fortunately the ref was very liberal about contact down field since it was honor system. In fact, you could tackle before the ball got there if you didn't wrap up.

pbmax
10-05-2017, 03:02 PM
I just had a flashback to backyard football. I was a big liability in the secondary. (We had only 2 or 3 on a team, so this was well before era of specialization.) Fortunately the ref was very liberal about contact down field since it was honor system. In fact, you could tackle before the ball got there if you didn't wrap up.

Comment of the month!

pbmax
10-05-2017, 03:06 PM
No sight of Monty today during media availability section of practice, though M3 had said he may do more today at practice.

Adams, Bulaga and Bach were out there.

call_me_ishmael
10-05-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm beginning to think that Devante Adam's isn't human, or perhaps has Adamantium bones.

gbgary
10-05-2017, 04:14 PM

yup. they promised this week.

gbgary
10-05-2017, 04:17 PM

https://www.packerforum.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/roflmao.png

gbgary
10-05-2017, 04:19 PM
No sight of Monty today during media availability section of practice, though M3 had said he may do more today at practice.

Adams, Bulaga and Bach were out there.

MM said he'd only due individual work i believe

Joemailman
10-05-2017, 04:52 PM
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/e92a8e94-91d0-4fb0-848d-f8011cb237ed.png

Fritz
10-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Is anybody else worried about Daniels? Will he be out for months, then finally reappear for the last three games of the season?

KYPack
10-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Is anybody else worried about Daniels? Will he be out for months, then finally reappear for the last three games of the season?

Yeah, me.

I figured they were resting big Mike to insure he'd play vs Dallas. Now I think the big boy is hurting and that's bad. Those big muscle injuries can last all season.

pbmax
10-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Video and article about everyone's favorite Jared Cook catch from last year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4762927/third-and-20-how-the-packers-booted-the-cowboys-from-the-2016-playoffs

3rd and 20. Why wait for fourth down?

Pugger
10-06-2017, 08:34 AM

Yes. I'm also worried about Bakh and Bulaga. It isn't a good sign that these 3 players are not full participants at practice yet. Our tackles might also be out for a while. :sad:

gbgary
10-06-2017, 09:26 AM

i think MM's been sand bagging. i think some of the guys who didn't play last week could have. he thought they had enough to beat the bears without using them. he knows this game with dal is big, home field wise, and they'll all be ready...except maybe Ty but it wouldn't surprise me if he played too.

pbmax
10-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 38m38 minutes ago
More
Adams still in concussion protocol, MM says. Needs to be cleared before they get on the plane.

denverYooper
10-06-2017, 12:54 PM
i think MM's been sand bagging. i think some of the guys who didn't play last week could have. he thought they had enough to beat the bears without using them. he knows this game with dal is big, home field wise, and they'll all be ready...except maybe Ty but it wouldn't surprise me if he played too.

M3 has made mention many times about building their season every year so they finish strong. Part of that strategy seems to be that they are much more likely to give guys who are injured early in the season more time to heal. I don't think they look at it in terms of whether or not they can beat opponent X without player Y. It is just early enough that they are willing to let guys rest more so they are available later in the season.

mraynrand
10-06-2017, 01:11 PM
M3 has made mention many times about building their season every year so they finish strong. Part of that strategy seems to be that they are much more likely to give guys who are injured early in the season more time to heal. I don't think they look at it in terms of whether or not they can beat opponent X without player Y. It is just early enough that they are willing to let guys rest more so they are available later in the season.

I think this is spot on. But I bet they thought they could beat the Bears... :)

Guiness
10-06-2017, 01:58 PM

A bit of trouble believing that. No matter how soft he thought the Bears were, does anyone believe he'd endanger an opportunity to take the lead in the all-time series? IMO that game was bigger on the schedule than others because of that.

mraynrand
10-06-2017, 03:28 PM
A bit of trouble believing that. No matter how soft he thought the Bears were, does anyone believe he'd endanger an opportunity to take the lead in the all-time series? IMO that game was bigger on the schedule than others because of that.

Fans care about the all-time series. I definitely want that win and the all-time record, and I know you do too. I doubt Stubby cares at all - coaches are focused on the win and the season goal of championship. He might give it lip service, but that's something coaches maybe talk about after they retire as a sheepskin on the wall sort of thing.

I'm reminded of the LeRoy Butler story from when he was a rookie. He was filling up his tank at the gas station and a fan said "Hey, you gotta beat the Bears this week!" Butler said "We'll do our best" the fan said "I don't want you to do your best, I want you to win" Butler said that's when he really understood how much the games mean to fans.

Bossman641
10-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Making the drive up from Austin again. will be damn near impossible to top the playoff game last year.

gbgary
10-06-2017, 05:20 PM

:five:

Freak Out
10-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Sounds like Daniels is a go.

Joemailman
10-06-2017, 11:20 PM
http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/4cd7e1de-57fd-4fe9-b62c-aa61050da90a.png

Joemailman
10-06-2017, 11:21 PM
Looks like Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones get a chance to play .

pbmax
10-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Monty doubtful. So who gets the start? Williams, Ripper or Jones?

pbmax
10-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Adams has cleared concussion protocol, should play versus Cowboys.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/10/07/packers-wr-davante-adams-clears-protocol-cowboys-game/743168001/

KYPack
10-07-2017, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=pbmax;942452]Monty doubtful. So who gets the start? Williams, Ripper or Jones?[/o wit

Start Williams, mix in Jonesy and go with the hot hand. Play the Ripper in his spots...Pass pro, short yardage (not that he's real good at that) and run some decent screens with him.

Oh yeah and pray like hell.

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Start Jones, mix in Mays and a bit of Ripkowski, let Williams sit on the bench.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Start Jones, mix in Mays and a bit of Ripkowski, let Williams sit on the bench.

ya. Hopefully we'll be saying "use Monty as a third down back" by end of season.

vince
10-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I too liked what Jones brought last week. I do think we'll see Williams flash yet. Of the rooks, I'd say he's the best 3-down back at this point due to his pass protection and receiving skills. As a runner, his aggressive one-cut and hit-the-hole hard style fits the scheme, but he just needs to get better syncing up his clock with the movement and blocking of the line. He'll settle down and start to see/learn which lanes are going to open up and hit the right gaps with better timing. He doesn't have elite speed, but when he does get to the second level he can both make guys miss and make DB's regret having to get in his way.

channtheman
10-08-2017, 09:58 AM
Adams has cleared concussion protocol, should play versus Cowboys.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/10/07/packers-wr-davante-adams-clears-protocol-cowboys-game/743168001/

I'm amazed. I was really worried about his health long term, and for it to be "just" a concussion and he's expected to play 10 days later.:wow:

Joemailman
10-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I didn't see how Monty got hurt. However, the fact that he has cracked ribs may confirm my concern that he was running too high. Gotta protect those ribs with those shoulder pads.

gbgary
10-08-2017, 10:32 AM
I didn't see how Monty got hurt. However, the fact that he has cracked ribs may confirm my concern that he was running too high. Gotta protect those ribs with those shoulder pads.

he took a travathian helmet crown to his right side after being kind of stood up.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2017, 11:13 AM
he took a travathian helmet crown to his right side after being kind of stood up.

mailman is an insensitive bastard

pbmax
10-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm amazed. I was really worried about his health long term, and for it to be "just" a concussion and he's expected to play 10 days later.:wow:

I thought neck problem was just a day away from being diagnosed.

I was already searching for which cervical vertebrae the Packers haven't damaged yet.