PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 5 @ Dallas

pbmax
10-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Well, that went exactly as I predicted it. Packers dominated in game that the scoreboard had closer than it looked :D

Also, the 2 point conversion was a good idea. It was an good idea with the FG operation nominal, it was an excellent idea when the operation was not nominal.

But I need about an hour to work out all the scenarios. As in, do Cowboys attempt 2 pointer if you are within 2 points?

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty 10m10 minutes ago
Only injuries Packers announce postgame: King (concussion) and Burnett (hamstring)

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
Five laterals and three turnovers on the final play. Exciting win, MM says.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
Jones was outstanding, MM says. As for Adams, felt good about it all week. Practiced all week. Cleared Saturday

Green Bay Packers @packers 25m25 minutes ago
McCarthy on @AaronRodgers12: I just don't know what else to say about him. I've got to expand my vocabulary. #GBvsDAL

Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless
Aaron Rodgers: unclutch.
~from 2015

Maxie the Taxi
10-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Best thing about this win is now Dallas thinks we got their number...home and away. If we had lost, that mystique would have been broken.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Wikipedia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLp3IFzXkAI-C2S.jpg:large

Cheesehead Craig
10-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Wikipedia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLp3IFzXkAI-C2S.jpg:large

BOMNF

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers @packers 13m13 minutes ago
Rodgers on @Showtyme_33: He's great. I told him before the game I have zero worries about him back there. His vision was fantastic.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
Rodgers on team identity: morphine.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
Rodgers' genius: says first play of drive set up the touchdown a half-dozen plays later.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on winning TD, says what he said on Fox, Adams told him to do it again.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago
Better throw and great catch, Rodgers says. Rodgers called the play.

Joemailman
10-08-2017, 07:17 PM
https://www.askideas.com/media/41/how-Bout-Them-Cowboys-Funny-Meme-Image.jpg

denverYooper
10-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless
Aaron Rodgers: unclutch.
~from 2015

That tweet aged well ;).

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz‏Verified account @WesHod 1m1 minute ago
More
Cobb on Adams: It’s the resurrection. He’s back...Speaks to a level of mental toughness to go through that and come out on winning side

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers said Davante Adams gave him a look to try the same fade after Inc . Rodgers changed formation a little and ran it again for TD

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod 4m4 minutes ago
Davante Adams said he had a text convo with Danny Trevathan, who apologized. "I wouldn’t say he’s a dirty player at all...just a mistake"

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn Oct 7
At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : Four late R1 picks from the '15 draft have been traded in the last 40 days. CB Damarious Randall should be next.

vince
10-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers said Davante Adams gave him a look to try the same fade after Inc . Rodgers changed formation a little and ran it again for TD
How awesome is that? Another unbelievable final drive to drive yet another stake in the heart of the Cowboys. What a performance.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 07:47 PM
The only way its more awesome is if the look Adams gave to Rodgers said "Send me a decent throw and that's a TD next time!"

Rutnstrut
10-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn Oct 7
At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : Four late R1 picks from the '15 draft have been traded in the last 40 days. CB Damarious Randall should be next.

He's not wrong. A few good plays does not out do the screw ups he will make. Then again what do I know. I wanted to get rid of Davante Adams...

vince
10-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm not saying Adams is a true #1, but he played like one when it mattered most. "Gimme the ball Arod."

You gotta be happy for him after being strapped down, carted off and ambulanced to the hospital last week.

vince
10-08-2017, 07:58 PM
I may be overly exuberant yet, but that feels like it could be a transformational experience for Adams. He will become known as Big Play Davante.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 08:01 PM
OK 2 point break down. I was confident the first time I ran through in in GD thread. Less confident when I posted it in Banjo, so let's take it apart.

First things first, the operation as Zook calls the snap and hold were better in second half, but I doubt anyone was oozing confidence in TAYBOR™ and Vogel. So the advantage might have been greater given their performance in this game.

Remember Cowboys are built to mil clock, even with Packer defense coming back in second half, Cowboys drives were long and time consuming.

28-24 after Randall Pick 6. No matter what Cowboys can't get a FG to stay in game.

If you make a 2 pointer, you are up 6. If they score it and go for 1 (30-31), you can win with FG

If you miss 2 PT, you are up 4. If they score and go for 1 (28-31), FG ties it. They could go for 2 to force you to get T, but I doubt it when odds are high of a tie at home.

If you kick the PAT and make it, 29-31 after Cowboy score. Depending on clock, VERY good chance the Boys go for 2. Kicking a PAT for a 2 point lead is no different for 1 point lead.

If you kick the PAT and miss (a definite possibility today at 32 yards), 28-31 after Dallas TD, they will not got for 2 and a FG nets a tie.

vince
10-08-2017, 08:02 PM
Rodgers delivered 3 4th Q comebacks in one game. Unclutch indeed.

Oops. One goes to Randall actually.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 08:03 PM
He's not wrong. A few good plays does not out do the screw ups he will make. Then again what do I know. I wanted to get rid of Davante Adams...

Troy was all confused during the game, but he was right that DR has some growing up to do. But it was during his best sequence of the game that he insisted this, so point may have been lost.

Another thing, Brice can play and so can Hawkins.

ThunderDan
10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
I loved the Troy call that Bacteria caused the sack and then the camera pans to Bacteria on the sideline in street clothes. Totally priceless.

Joemailman
10-08-2017, 08:08 PM

Randall is an exasperating guy. Packers will try to be patient with him because at times he does show why he was a 1st round pick.

Packgator
10-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty 10m10 minutes ago
Only injuries Packers announce postgame: King (concussion) and Burnett (hamstring)

Any idea why Jordy wasn't in there on the final drive? Had to be an injury or else he would have been on the field. Maybe sick? Something weird about that.

vince
10-08-2017, 08:11 PM
OK 2 point break down. I was confident the first time I ran through in in GD thread. Less confident when I posted it in Banjo, so let's take it apart.

First things first, the operation as Zook calls the snap and hold were better in second half, but I doubt anyone was oozing confidence in TAYBOR™ and Vogel. So the advantage might have been greater given their performance in this game.

Remember Cowboys are built to mil clock, even with Packer defense coming back in second half, Cowboys drives were long and time consuming.

28-24 after Randall Pick 6. No matter what Cowboys can't get a FG to stay in game.

If you make a 2 pointer, you are up 6. If they score it and go for 1 (30-31), you can win with FG

If you miss 2 PT, you are up 4. If they score and go for 1 (28-31), FG ties it. They could go for 2 to force you to get T, but I doubt it when odds are high of a tie at home.

If you kick the PAT and make it, 29-31 after Cowboy score. Depending on clock, VERY good chance the Boys go for 2. Kicking a PAT for a 2 point lead is no different for 1 point lead.

If you kick the PAT and miss (a definite possibility today at 32 yards), 28-31 after Dallas TD, they will not got for 2 and a FG nets a tie.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-go-for-2-for-real/
The chart I looked at (link above) says that when up 4, the two options are "The Same" in terms of win probability.

KYPack
10-08-2017, 08:28 PM
I loved the Troy call that Bacteria caused the sack and then the camera pans to Bacteria on the sideline in street clothes. Totally priceless.

I was hootin' my ass off at that.

Buck and Ache-man have got to go.

George Cumby
10-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Aikmans bias was unreal today. The way he talks shit about the Pack, Rodgers and M3 turns my stomach. /s

Joemailman
10-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Aikmans bias was unreal today. The way he talks shit about the Pack, Rodgers and M3 turns my stomach. /s

I don't hear the bias. Pretty sure he said the penalty on Martinez was a bad call. You're saying he doesn't praise Rodgers? I think he does regularly.

George Cumby
10-08-2017, 08:38 PM
/s = sarcasm

IMO Aikman holds the Pack in high esteem. At one point he thought there was pass interference on the Pack; he sees the replay and corrects himself and says “Meh, good non-call.”

red
10-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Randall is an exasperating guy. Packers will try to be patient with him because at times he does show why he was a 1st round pick.

t.............

buck

pbmax
10-08-2017, 08:45 PM

There is a link to Twitter video of it in one of my game day posts.

Joemailman
10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
/s = sarcasm

IMO Aikman holds the Pack in high esteem. At one point he thought there was pass interference on the Pack; he sees the replay and corrects himself and says “Meh, good non-call.”

https://media.tenor.com/images/c2396d6684c81f6144c2e71682a5b03c/tenor.gif

pbmax
10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-go-for-2-for-real/
The chart I looked at (link above) says that when up 4, the two options are "The Same" in terms of win probability.

I could see that. The operation on the kicking team probably tilts in in the 2 pointers favor then.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Aikman was convinced that Rodgers was chafing at the limited offense due to new guys.

Maybe there was something to that.

George Cumby
10-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Aikman was convinced that Rodgers was chafing at the limited offense due to new guys.

Maybe there was something to that.

That one piqued my interest too.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 09:26 PM
I think he is OK. I think.

Kevin King @King_kevvoo 38m38 minutes ago
They couldnt keep me seated in the lockeroom�� I was in there goin dumb every play! My boys did they thang! Ill be back thanks for the prayers

woodbuck27
10-08-2017, 10:04 PM

They couldnt keep me seated in the lockeroom�� I was in there goin dumb every play! My boys did they thang! Ill be back thanks for the prayers

He's keen and that's great.

There are not any other Damarious Randall's on the Roster. That guy has to get it right and attitude and get there fast.

That stuff gets you negative attention on the team and too often you end up sitting alone before your let go. .

call_me_ishmael
10-08-2017, 10:08 PM

This was so funny. The 5-10 second pause where he didn't know what to say had me LOLing!

mraynrand
10-08-2017, 10:37 PM
t.............

buck

If DR turned around like T-Buck that would be OK. T-Buck had a long, productive career with 9 years as a starter. Not #5 pick career, but pretty good. If DR became just a decent defensive back that would be OK. He's gotta get right in the head.

vince
10-08-2017, 10:38 PM
I remember back in the 90's when the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Cowboys repeatedly crushing the hopes of Packer fans year after year. Michael Irvin could have shoved his victorious antics right up his ass after going up, over and through Packer DB's with regularity. I'd have done it for him.

Man it's great being on the other side of that.

https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-does-it-again-in-dallas-1819267539

The drive was just vintage, untouchable Rodgers, with the Packers legend making breathtaking plays both on the ground and through the air. Other than the touchdown, the key play came on a third-and-eight on the Dallas 30, when Rodgers scrambled for 18 yards past helpless, diving defensive linemen in a dizzying display of ability.

THIS AARON RODGERS, HE DOES IT IN DALLAS SO MUCH, I CALL HIM DEBBIE.

I was following the gamecast on my phone, as they dinked and dunked 4 yards at a time, thinking, “yeah, cool, run it into them.”

And then with over a minute to go they get the TD, I’m pretty sure I thought to myself, “welp, there it is, Rodgers is gonna do it again.”

God I fucking hate Rodgers.

Pugger
10-08-2017, 10:44 PM

Either his typing stinks or his grasp of the English language needs work.

vince
10-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Aaron Rodgers leaves the Cowboys cursing again (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/08/aaron-rodgers-leaves-the-cowboys-cursing-again/)

“Can I say the F word?” Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving said. “It’s really hard. That guy is awesome at what he does. It takes everybody to stop one guy. It’s tough; it’s tough. He gets out. . . . I don’t know how he does it. It’s extremely hard, and we have to get better at it.

pbmax
10-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Brent Bosse
Does forward progress still count if the runner brings the ball back on his own?

Football Zebras
Yes it counts, but the exception would be if he retreats under his own power to try to attain more yards, like if he got to his feet & run

vince
10-08-2017, 11:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLp0f81UEAAOF3k.jpg

Joemailman
10-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson, after not playing on the last drive, said: "I'm good. We got a little banged up, but we'll be good." When asked if he was OK, he said: "We'll be fine." All coach Mike McCarthy said was that Nelson was "being evaluted" but wouldn't say what for.

Nelson doesn't come out of the game in that situation because he's "a little banged up". Stay tuned.

Smidgeon
10-09-2017, 02:14 AM
Any idea why Jordy wasn't in there on the final drive? Had to be an injury or else he would have been on the field. Maybe sick? Something weird about that.

During the 2 point try, he got up cringing. Didn't see him after that.

vince
10-09-2017, 06:09 AM
It's a great day to be a Packer fan!

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/10-October/temp171008-packers-cowboys-3-siegle-35--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/10-October/temp171008-packers-cowboys-3-siegle-98--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/10-October/temp171008-packers-cowboys-3-siegle-104--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/10-October/temp171008-packers-cowboys-3-siegle-109--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLqVdh7VwAEtFM4.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/jerry-jones.jpeg

http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/PACKERS/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2017/10-October/temp171008-packers-cowboys-2-siegle-1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

denverYooper
10-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Either his typing stinks or his grasp of the English language needs work.

English is a vibrant and flexible language.

Bossman641
10-09-2017, 09:05 AM

I'm not following the reasoning behind going for 2. Kick the XP and go up 29-24. If Dallas scores the TD, they will go for 2 to make it 29-32. If they fail, a FG wins the game for us. Even if they convert, a FG ties the game. Does it basically boil down to MM felt better about the offense's ability to convert a 2 PT try then he did the defense's ability to stop a 2 pt try?

pbmax
10-09-2017, 09:16 AM
I'm not following the reasoning behind going for 2. Kick the XP and go up 29-24. If Dallas scores the TD, they will go for 2 to make it 29-32. If they fail, a FG wins the game for us. Even if they convert, a FG ties the game. Does it basically boil down to MM felt better about the offense's ability to convert a 2 PT try then he did the defense's ability to stop a 2 pt try?

I think the PAT operation being problematic was definitely a factor.

The website someone found (538 I think) had it as even money for a typical scenario (which doesn't take into account the poor performance).

mraynrand
10-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Right - and 538 didn't take into account Nelson's injury-altered jump either - if he was injured and if it did affect his jump and if the ball still wasn't overthrown.

Joemailman
10-09-2017, 09:31 AM

There was 10 minutes left in the game. Plenty of time for Dallas to potentially get the ball back twice. If you kick the xtra point to go up 5, Dallas doesn't even need a TD to win. They can beat you with 2 FG's.

pbmax
10-09-2017, 09:58 AM
From Oates column in the WiSJ: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/tom-oates-notion-that-aaron-rodgers-isn-t-a-clutch/article_02fd42fe-0ed8-539d-a90b-a3815e7e1de2.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

“I was going to call another play,” Rodgers said, “but Tae came back and said, ‘Call it again.’ With his eyes, he just said, ‘Throw a better ball.’ ... Just put a better throw on it and he made a great catch.”

This can obviously be taken to extremes, but this is one way a good team gets better, challenging everyone to elevate their level of play.

mraynrand
10-09-2017, 10:00 AM
There was 10 minutes left in the game. Plenty of time for Dallas to potentially get the ball back twice. If you kick the xtra point to go up 5, Dallas doesn't even need a TD to win. They can beat you with 2 FG's.

good point

call_me_ishmael
10-09-2017, 10:00 AM
I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan, but that fact aside, it is cool watching that relationship develop. I remember back in 2014 it seemed to take them a long time to get it going and become comfortable with eachother. Now it seems that Te is the number one option for ARod and that they're pretty comfortable with each other.

Joemailman
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Adams is the hero, and Mad is nowhere to be found. WTF?

Rodgers is developing the kind of rapport with Adams that Derek Carr had with him at Fresno St. When Carr really needed a play, he would throw it up and let Adams go get it.

George Cumby
10-09-2017, 10:53 AM
I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan, but that fact aside, it is cool watching that relationship develop. I remember back in 2014 it seemed to take them a long time to get it going and become comfortable with eachother. Now it seems that Te is the number one option for ARod and that they're pretty comfortable with each other.

Do yourself a favor and climb aboard.

gbgary
10-09-2017, 10:59 AM
I am admittedly not a Devante Adam's fan

how is that possible?

gbgary
10-09-2017, 11:06 AM
During the 2 point try, he got up cringing. Didn't see him after that.

nobody is saying. mike silver reported a hammy but he's retracted that since. he stretched out for that ball. i'll bet a hammy or oblique or something like that.

mission
10-09-2017, 11:14 AM
how is that possible?

Seriously! How can you not love Adams? Dudes is the only one we have who knows how to shake a defender

call_me_ishmael
10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
how is that possible?

Eh I am not high on him. I perceive him not to get a lot of separation, but I am happy to be wrong. He sured seemed to yesterday. He seems like a step below Nelson and Jennings before they got their second deals. I guess I just don't see a #1 receiver there. Again, hope I'm wrong and happy to be wrong as well. I am wrong a lot in life so fingers crossed.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2017, 01:57 PM
I was against Adams before I was for him. Like everybody he throws to, Aaron Rodgers makes him a lot better than what he would be otherwise.

Teamcheez1
10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
I was against Adams before I was for him. Like everybody he throws to, Aaron Rodgers makes him a lot better than what he would be otherwise.

Just like our O line makes our RB's look better than they would be otherwise.

Joemailman
10-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Just like our O line makes our RB's look better than they would be otherwise.

Eddie Lacy is averaging 3.0 YPC with Seattle. He never averaged less than 4.1 with the Packers. Even when he was overweight.

Tony Oday
10-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Our Oline does NO RB favors.

Fritz
10-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Apparently they did Eddie Lacy more favors than Seattle's line does for him. I think he had nine carries and nineteen yards yesterday.

pbmax
10-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Fire John Schneider!

Joemailman
10-09-2017, 07:08 PM
The Jordy Nelson Injury Mystery continues.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20971996/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-missed-final-drive-injury

Apparently we can rule out a hamstring or concussion.

pbmax
10-09-2017, 07:25 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20971996/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-missed-final-drive-injury

I heard he punched a coach.

Maxie the Taxi
10-09-2017, 07:30 PM
I heard he punched a coach.I heard Whitt ordered him to go home.

pbmax
10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar 7h7 hours ago
Sunday was the first time that Aaron Rodgers threw a game-winning TD pass that wasn't a Hail Mary in a final 2:00 drive.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4h4 hours ago
Capers on Rodgers: If you're a DC, you want the offense to run every second off the clock to not give him a chance.

Pass rush was intended to keep Prescott in the pocket more than to pressure him, Capers says. Hence, the lack of pressure.

Zook on missed PATs. New operation hasn't had enough time to work. "Ball's got to come back consistent."

OPERATION NOT NOMINAL. PROJECTILE TRAJECTORY NOT OPTIMAL NOR CONSISTENT.

"We'll get it fixed," Zook says of the snapper/holder/kicker operation.

WELL THOSE WORDS ARE NOT REASSURING

pbmax
10-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Great video of Jones setting up a Bulaga block for the TD.

https://vimeo.com/237498283

pbmax
10-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 4h4 hours ago
McCarthy: "I thought the 2-minute drill was exceptional. ... Aaron's selection from the menu was excellent." #Packers

DO YOU THINK THE PLAY CHART IS DIVIDED INTO COLUMNS AND YOU GET ONE FROM EACH?

McCarthy said there are two types of 2-point plays: ones that follow percentages and ones that are strategic. Yesterday was the latter.

OPERATION ERRATIC. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ACHIEVING OBJECTIVE ADVISABLE

McCarthy said Damarious Randall definitely made improvement since last week. He doesn't think the intention was there for the penalty.

McCarthy said he didn't agree with the call on Blake Martinez for unnecessary roughness. "I didn't see that as a penalty." #Packers

McCarthy said #Packers WR Jordy Nelson wasn't available for the final drive because he was hurt. Wouldn't say what the injury is.

Dom Capers said he was really pleased with Clay Matthews playing a few yards off the line, almost like a 4-3 linebacker. Good in coverage.

vince
10-09-2017, 08:24 PM
High praise for Rodgers from a guy who don't like Green Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEnz1Jr3oiM

Pugger
10-09-2017, 09:17 PM

Someone said he landed 'funny' on that failed 2 pointer. Perhaps he tweaked that knee again?

KYPack
10-09-2017, 09:57 PM
High praise for Rodgers from a guy who don't like Green Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEnz1Jr3oiM

CC knows his football. He is from Dayton and can be a total butthole, but I listen to his football takes all the time.

That is great stuff from him, a man who made a science of catching footballs.

Rogers is the best at tossing a great pass with the exact spin, trajectory, and pace.

It'd be a riot to talk football with CC, but you stand a great chance getting your head bit off if you approach him in public.

ThunderDan
10-09-2017, 10:03 PM
I have talked to CC a bunch of times in the 90s. His brother Butch was an assistant coach for the Bucks and a member at our country club. He was always nice to me and great to talk to.

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar 7h7 hours ago
Sunday was the first time that Aaron Rodgers threw a game-winning TD pass that wasn't a Hail Mary in a final 2:00 drive.

Fake news.

2009 week 1 vs. Chicago, 50 yard TD to Jennings with 1:11 left
2012 week 10 at Detroit, 22 yard TD to Cobb with 1:55 left
2013 week 17 at Chicago, 48 yard TD to Cobb with 0:38 left
2014 week 6 at Miami, 4 yard TD to Quarless with 0:03 left

Jordy Nelson also had an 80 yard TD with 2:08 left against the Jets in 2014, but that technically doesn't count.

pbmax
10-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Fake news.

2009 week 1 vs. Chicago, 50 yard TD to Jennings with 1:11 left
2012 week 10 at Detroit, 22 yard TD to Cobb with 1:55 left
2013 week 17 at Chicago, 48 yard TD to Cobb with 0:38 left
2014 week 6 at Miami, 4 yard TD to Quarless with 0:03 left

Jordy Nelson also had an 80 yard TD with 2:08 left against the Jets in 2014, but that technically doesn't count.

The 48 and 50 yarder might qualify for Hail Mary depending on the route. But the others are interesting.

Wait, was the 48 yarder to Cobb the play where Kuhn barely blocked Peppers and Cobb's man fell down?

pbmax
10-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Ah, Twitter already had at him for this.

Kacsmar isn't claiming he hasn't thrown a TD to win with under 2 minutes to go (eg. Cobb v. Bears). He is saying completing a drive for a win with a TD throw with less than 2:00 minutes remaining for the entire drive. A much rarer event.

Scott Kacsmar‏ @FO_ScottKacsmar 17h17 hours ago
23 GW TD passes in a final 2:00 drive since 2011:
Eli - 3
Rodgers - 2
Luck - 2
Stafford - 2 (3rd game w/TD run)
Brady - 2

Scott Kacsmar‏ @FO_ScottKacsmar 17h17 hours ago
Guys with 1 each:
Ben
Flacco
ALEX
Orlovsky (#NeverForget)
Gabbert (ditto)
Palmer
Cam
Glennon
Rivers
Wilson (Fail Mary)
Romo
EJ Manuel

smuggler
10-10-2017, 07:44 AM
The play to beat the Dolphins definitely qualifies and neither the Jennings nor Cobb passes were hail mary's

pbmax
10-10-2017, 07:47 AM
The play to beat the Dolphins definitely qualifies and neither the Jennings nor Cobb passes were hail mary's

Drive had to start with less than 2:00 to qualify. Its not a list of game winning TD passes under 2:00.

Its a short list.

smuggler
10-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Gotcha. Doesn't happen all too often, no.

hoosier
10-10-2017, 08:50 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/22289756_1146751115424548_3716152135570784796_o.jp g

mraynrand
10-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Orlovsky (#NeverForget)
Gabbert (ditto)

I forgot. What I do know is that Orlovsky started 12 games - 7 for the 0-16 2008 Lions and 5 for the 2-14 2011 Colts. he was under center for the Colts two wins, one which, against the Texans probably is his under 2:00 drive.

vince
10-10-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm sure this is concocted but it's still pretty good. This dude's blowin' up Twiiter, at least my account which is pretty much exclusively football.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLvzw6BXcAE1XUN.jpg