PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre turns 48 today

Vincenzo
10-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Happy birthday Brett, you’re still my favorite Packer of all-time.

hoosier
10-10-2017, 11:47 AM
A young and even younger Bert sporting the old mullet:

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/favre-photos89-91.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f5/ce/47/f5ce4778e01f1611454fc0bc6d3d5c27.jpg

mraynrand
10-10-2017, 12:20 PM
http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Slideshows/_production/ss-120619-awkward-eighties/ss-120619-awkward-eighties-13.today-ss-slide-desktop.JPG

mraynrand
10-10-2017, 12:22 PM
I read recently that Brett and Dianna are training for triathlons. That's pretty cool. The couple that trains together, remains together...

https://flashingformoney.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/family-portrait-turned-awkward.jpg?w=400

vince
10-10-2017, 01:36 PM
He doesn't look a day over 70.

http://media.jrn.com/images/b99383084z.1_20141108195011_000_gv68ihcm.1-0.jpg

Rode hard, put away wet - and laughing all the way to the bank.

Thanks for the memories Bert.

Happy birthday.

I bet this wasn't the only Favre pic on her phone...
https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/brett-favre-beach-3.png

mraynrand
10-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Favre got old real fast, just like The Snake. (I mean Ken Stabler, you sicko. Wait a minnit, that was me! https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.agoracom.com/public/users/avatars/582352/profile/Homer_profile.jpg)

Some will disagree, some will hate me, but looking back, I think his finest game as a pro was the NFCC game against the Saints in 2009. Briefly, he was a warrior - An ancient QB defying time. There was a bounty on him and he was being pummeled. His ankle and thigh were trashed. Peterson was fumbling the game away, the defense was collapsing and Favre had to win it. And he had it all in his grasp - masterfully guiding the team late, until the inevitable Favre INT. Others have written more eloquently about that final INT, and how it so perfectly encapsulates the Favre career, but for me it just showed that he was always trying to win the game on the next play, that you're always just one play away from total victory and total greatness, that it's always worth the risk.

woodbuck27
10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

I follow Brett Favre and his new life on Facebook and that man sure has a lot of fans who absolutely love him. He's simply one of those very special Pro Athletes that shines differently on the Big Stage of Pro Sports; and will be adored by fans for a very long time.

In my approaching 6 decades as a Green Bay Packer and NFL fan; I've never seen anyone play the game with any more fun and enthusiasm. I would love to see Jim Carrey do a Brett Favre impression.

So today Favre turns 48 years of age and he looks in incredible condition. That man is Rock Hard. That man is doing very well for himself away from the game. That man works as hard now as he ever did.

I expect 'that Man' will remain my 'only' NFL Hero.

HAPPY 48th BIRTHDAY to THAT MAN ..... Brett Favre

QBME
10-10-2017, 05:41 PM
I read recently that Brett and Dianna are training for triathlons. That's pretty cool. The couple that trains together, remains together...

https://flashingformoney.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/family-portrait-turned-awkward.jpg?w=400

I think I get your point.

smuggler
10-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Somebody definitely got the point!

Rutnstrut
10-10-2017, 08:42 PM
I wish sharing the same birthday meant I had the same amount as money as Brett. He will always be one of my favorite players to watch. Rodgers is clearly the better QB, but Brett was just plain fun.

pbmax
10-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Favre got old real fast, just like The Snake. (I mean Ken Stabler, you sicko. Wait a minnit, that was me! https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.agoracom.com/public/users/avatars/582352/profile/Homer_profile.jpg)

Some will disagree, some will hate me, but looking back, I think his finest game as a pro was the NFCC game against the Saints in 2009. Briefly, he was a warrior - An ancient QB defying time. There was a bounty on him and he was being pummeled. His ankle and thigh were trashed. Peterson was fumbling the game away, the defense was collapsing and Favre had to win it. And he had it all in his grasp - masterfully guiding the team late, until the inevitable Favre INT. Others have written more eloquently about that final INT, and how it so perfectly encapsulates the Favre career, but for me it just showed that he was always trying to win the game on the next play, that you're always just one play away from total victory and total greatness, that it's always worth the risk.

The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.

woodbuck27
10-10-2017, 11:43 PM
The effort was almost always extraordinary, which you cannot say about many over that long a period. The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring.

Could you please enlighten me and give clarity to your statement that:

" ... The only unfortunate part was the few times he didn't want to be out there were just the more glaring." pbmax

Please offer to me five examples of in game situations in the NFL when it was 'glaringly'or otherwise chose a word with obvious that Brett Favre didn't want to be out there. I just offered to you a real challenge.

Aside from his indecisiveness and whether or not to commit to playing another Season Vs Retirement I do not know of any HOFer player in the NFL that ever had more heart for the game of football and playing as hard to win as Brett Favre clearly did.

Favre had little of what any man might deem as 'QUIT' in him. Favre was 'the Ultimate Warrior'.

Favre is arguably 'the Ultimate Ironman' in all of Pro Sports.

pbmax
10-11-2017, 08:21 AM
NFC Championship Game, 2nd half in 2007 versus the Giants. Cold.

@ Chicago Bears regular season. Cold, windy, rainy.

Neither game did he seem enthused about being on the field.

Fritz
10-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Funny that a guy who would insist on going out onto the field with concussions or broken bones was reticent to go out there in the bitter cold.

hoosier
10-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Shrinkage is never funny.

Rutnstrut
10-11-2017, 11:34 AM

I don't suppose there were too many players that were ecstatic to be playing in those conditions. That is except Plax in the Giants game. That was probably because NO ONE on the Packers D could cover him while he hobbled around on one leg.

pbmax
10-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Funny that a guy who would insist on going out onto the field with concussions or broken bones was reticent to go out there in the bitter cold.

Its a sure sign of aging.

gbgary
10-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Shrinkage is never funny.

especially...

https://gotthecancers.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/shrink.jpg

Zool
10-11-2017, 06:42 PM
I WAS IN THE POOL!

woodbuck27
10-11-2017, 10:48 PM

In the NFC Championship Game Vs the Visiting NT Giants Favre wasn't unenthused rather the frigid conditions reduced him in SHOCK !

Any game Vs the Bears he wasn't unenthused he was likely and simply BORED kicking their collective asses so often.

Arn't words too cool.

hoosier
10-12-2017, 08:31 AM
In the NFC Championship Game Vs the Visiting NT Giants Favre wasn't unenthused rather the frigid conditions reduced him in SHOCK !

Any game Vs the Bears he wasn't unenthused he was likely and simply BORED kicking their collective asses so often.

Arn't words too cool.

Don't be petulant, Woodbuck. You asked Max for examples and he gave you two good ones. Own it.

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Favre always hated the cold weather. As he got older, I think he lost the mental toughness it takes to rise above it and perform at a high level. He was enthused about playing football until it got cold.

mraynrand
10-12-2017, 08:42 AM
I follow Brett Favre and his new life on Facebook and that man sure has a lot of fans who absolutely love him. He's simply one of those very special Pro Athletes that shines differently on the Big Stage of Pro Sports; and will be adored by fans for a very long time.

No doubt there are a lot of ball washers out there. Look at how many BFFFs we had here who are now gone. I bet they all follow Favre and his 'New Life' on Facebook.

'New life' on Facebook. Man that sounds awful.

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 02:57 PM
Don't be petulant, Woodbuck. You asked Max for examples and he gave you two good ones. Own it.

Ohh Dear...now responding is deemed as petulance. Damn I'm glad I'm a Canadian....thus head held high not:

https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/487144/500524255/stock-photo-businessman-with-holding-his-head-in-hands-in-shame-500524255.jpg

Since when is any disagreement deemed as petulance.This is by the way 'a Forum' and debate and counter debate is certainly to be expected.

Respectfully, Own that!

hoosier
10-13-2017, 03:31 PM
What you are doing is not debating, it is stubbornly refusing to acknowledge the obvious, which you hope to make go away by assigning it a different term. Instead of lack of enthusiasm let's call it "shock" and "boredom." That is what my eight-year old does when he gets called out for something; his mentality is that if he can succeed in defining something in a different way then it didn't happen. And that is why I described your response as petulant.

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 07:47 PM
hoosier:

Packer fan I can assure YOU of this as 'a fact of life' and me as a Packer fan and a Sports fan for over years:

No way anyone is going to convince me that Brett Favre wasn't in any football game.

That man absolutely was tops and being totally into his sport. Many believe he was the Greatest Iron Man of any sport not just tops for all playing position players in NFL history.

Brett Favre got into game ready mode when too many others would certainly and did sit that game out. At near the end of his career didn't you see the abuse the NO Saints put on him and how he just wouldn't lie down !? He wasn't called ' The Gunslinger ' for no other reason than his will to win a football game. To simply give all he had in him. No other Pro athlete will likely replicate Brett Favre and courage /determination.

I used the word shock that he was in 'shock' Vs the NY GIANTS in the 2007 NFC Championship game because I truly believe that frigid day placed him there. It was fricken cold and Favre was obviously looking frigid and shivering. MM made his team prepare for that Cold Weather game with all week being very cold how? The Packers practised indoors and when Favre hit that field on that frigid day for that important game he was very likely in shock.

Do I really have to explain to a Packer fan why Favre might have felt some boredom (be 'bored') and playing the Chicago Bears !? I mean really that word is again very appropriate and Brett Favre and Bears:

On December 5, 1993 Brett Favre passed for 402 passing yards in a 30-17 loss to the Bears at Soldier Field. Despite losing this game it might be described as a significant game (or a Coming Of Age Game) for Brett Favre at the start of a long and to become HOFER Career. Why !? That game Vs the Chicago Bears was his single game career high for passing yards in a Packers uniform. Brett Favre would go on to love playing the Bears.

From 1994-1998: The Packers beat the Bears 10 regular season games in a row over a five season span led by Brett Favre. During that streak. Brett Favre threw 25 touchdowns to go with 2,303 combined passing yards. :idea:

On Dec. 31, 2006: The 2006-07 Chicago Bears, the most successful team since the ’85 Superbowl team; went into that Week 17 primetime matchup looking to beat the Packers for the second time that season, and improve to 14-2. Instead they ran into a focused Packers team who ended up beating them 26-7.

hoosier
10-13-2017, 08:09 PM
I think your Favre is a one-dimensional hero and you are unwilling to consider anything that doesn't fit with your idealized memory of him.

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 08:31 PM
I think you still may have issues and Brett Favre.

Is it...." Frankly hoosier I don't give a damn'."

I'll go with the TRUTH. I'll again stick to another known 'fact of life'.

Favre is and always will be a Football Legend to Tens of Thousands of Packer fans that truly appreciate all he was as a Green Bay Packer...just as I certainly have the common sense and decency and appreciation to do.

Why are we (The your just OK with us Brett Club) so like that?

I believe that's because we simply appreciate and respect all he gave to The Green Bay Packers and that by far overall was a certain positive with distinct evidence.

Brett Favre has had his Number Retired by The Green Bay Packers.

Brett Favre is a first Ballot NFL Hall Of Famer.

:wave: and :clap: and :pack: GREAT.

Vincenzo
10-14-2017, 02:16 AM
I think you still may have issues and Brett Favre.

Is it...." Frankly hoosier I don't give a damn'."

I'll go with the TRUTH. I'll again stick to another known 'fact of life'.

Favre is and always will be a Football Legend to Tens of Thousands of Packer fans that truly appreciate all he was as a Green Bay Packer...just as I certainly have the common sense and decency and appreciation to do.

Why are we (The your just OK with us Brett Club) so like that?

I believe that's because we simply appreciate and respect all he gave to The Green Bay Packers and that by far overall was a certain positive with distinct evidence.

Brett Favre has had his Number Retired by The Green Bay Packers.

Brett Favre is a first Ballot NFL Hall Of Famer.

:wave: and :clap: and :pack: GREAT.
Boy I get your Brett Favre love, I'm right with you. Throughout his 16 years here there was no bigger Favre jock-sniffer than me.

But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much.

Smidgeon
10-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Boy I get your Brett Favre love, I'm right with you. Throughout his 16 years here there was no bigger Favre jock-sniffer than me.

But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much.

You rang?

Zool
10-14-2017, 02:34 PM

This is actually a pretty normal post for Woody. Wait till he gets going!

woodbuck27
10-14-2017, 07:19 PM

" But be careful Wood as a Canadian to reveal to Americans that you're even a smidgen mentally ill, holy fuck, you've already said too much " Vincenzo

Do we have a 'For Your Health' Section on this Forum? :whaa:

I have 'no idea' where your going with that; I don't even know if I want to. hahaha

There's some history of what I'd clearly describe as (I'll risk this term) Favre haters here Vs my position Brett Favre that complied with some others.

The Favre haters (as they existed or not) may have or not driven people out of Packerrats. We had posters here (like me) that liked Brett Favre. Posters that saw his rights as a human being desiring to play Pro NFL Football for whatever Team would value his services.

Why posters left here isn't anything I might discuss as I'm not any of them.

RE: Myself...I'm now recognizing that I must simply be 'too petulant' to ever bend to the strong will of any other member. It might be something else as I've never been a person that backs down.

Maybe it's just this. I'm a Canadian on an American member dominated Forum. Thus posters here shake their head RE: me.

I accept that as a Tit For Tat.

I can assure you that where I come from there is not enough 'salt and pepper' to ever imagine serving 'a certain American'. It's amazing how a Border separates a vast difference in societal and cultural manners and acceptable ideals.

None of that has anything from anybody here to do with grading of standards of 'mental illness' as far as I see it. That discussion needs to take place in another arena and certainly not Packerrats.

BZnDallas
10-14-2017, 09:51 PM
Thanks Ted!