PDA

View Full Version : Packers Will Soon Have A Biegel PUPpy

Joemailman
10-11-2017, 08:34 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/11/packers-rookie-vince-biegel-confident-as-return-from-pup-looms/

Players on the PUP list are eligible to start practicing after Week 6. Once Biegel returns to practice, the Packers will have 21 days to activate him to the 53-man roster.

The waiting is almost over for the Packers’ fourth-round pick.

“I’d love to be able to help out the team right now, I feel that confident,” Biegel said. “Gotta be patient. Obviously, after this week I can start practicing. I’m just ready to get back to football.”

Chris Odom would seem to be the odd man out when Biegel returns.

wist43
10-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Lawson would look pretty good in a Packer uniform, but pedestrian puppies are how Ted likes his LB's ;)

Harlan Huckleby
10-11-2017, 10:37 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/175513682/large.jpg

Tony Oday
10-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Cut Randall

Pugger
10-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Cut Randall

Which Randall?

Smidgeon
10-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Which Randall?

Damarius Randall

The one from last year. Not the one from the Cowboys game.

Tony Oday
10-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Damarius Randall

The one from last year. Not the one from the Cowboys game.

No the one from this year that has had one play handed to him and didn't "know" he got a flag...he is a punk and a headcase and is not a good corner.

Bossman641
10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
With corners dropping like flies every week it would make no sense to cut Randall. He has ability.. needs to grow as a professional.

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 11:47 AM
With corners dropping like flies every week it would make no sense to cut Randall. He has ability.. needs to grow as a professional.

Yep. Randall is up and down. Rollins is mostly down. With House and King in and out of the lineup, they need Randall to produce.

Fritz
10-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Lawson would look pretty good in a Packer uniform, but pedestrian puppies are how Ted likes his LB's ;)

Of course he does not want pedestrian linebackers. That's just been what he's gotten for his picks the last couple of times.

Fackrell looks increasingly like a bust. Perry took time to develop, but you could see the potential - a strong, strong man. But Fackrell just gets swallowed up and seems to have developed no moves to go with his less-than-stout run stopping.

Biegel comes in looking, to me, like a JAG.

Jake Ryan? Meh.

ThunderDan
10-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Biegel comes in looking, to me, like a JAG.

When has any of us seen Biegel play to make this assessment? Not since he was lighting it up as a Badger. Just a weird observation in my book.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Yep. Randall is up and down. Rollins is mostly down. With House and King in and out of the lineup, they need Randall to produce.

When Rollins was drafted he was sold as a scary awesome athlete who just needed more experience at position.
Now story is problem is that he is athletically limited.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2017, 02:21 PM
When has any of us seen Biegel play to make this assessment? Not since he was lighting it up as a Badger. Just a weird observation in my book.

To my eyes, he was up and down as a Badger, though that could be injury. As posted many times, the football people who watched practice said he was the stud of the defense - at least before TJ's breakout year.

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
When Rollins was drafted he was sold as a scary awesome athlete who just needed more experience at position.
Now story is problem is that he is athletically limited.

His deep speed was never very good, but he was supposed to be great at start/stop/start. He sure looked good as a rookie. I wonder if he hasn't been the same player physically since his groin injury last year which required surgery.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
His deep speed was never very good, but he was supposed to be great at start/stop/start. He sure looked good as a rookie. I wonder if he hasn't been the same player physically since his groin injury last year which required surgery.

Do the all-pro corners have track speed? How about REvis? I really don't know answer, but my impression is that corners just have to be fast enough.

mraynrand
10-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Do the all-pro corners have track speed? How about REvis? I really don't know answer, but my impression is that corners just have to be fast enough.

well, just exactly how fast is fast enough? :) Seriously though, if you mean they can't be Gunter slow, I get it. Some guys make up for less speed with plastering techniques - like R. Sherman and even Al Harris. I hate to see the Packer defensive backs give free releases all the time.

pbmax
10-12-2017, 05:39 PM

There is no way this guy can rush the passer.

http://media.cleveland.com/remembers/photo/lawsonsjpg-c23136b667c7d02f.jpg

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Hell No, don't cut Randall - that would be stupid. If Odom is any good, keep him too. The cut should be one of those floundering O Linemen, probably Justin McCray, who played like crap. Even if the injury bug continues, they can be replaced by any old piece of crap off the street anyway.

Joemailman
10-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Hell No, don't cut Randall - that would be stupid. If Odom is any good, keep him too. The cut should be one of those floundering O Linemen, probably Justin McCray, who played like crap. Even if the injury bug continues, they can be replaced by any old piece of crap off the street anyway.

Right. I'm sure a guy off the street will have no trouble keeping up when Rodgers starts changing plays at the line of scrimmage.

Bretsky
10-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Ha Ha Clinton Dix called Randall hands down the most talented DB on the team; but he's a mental zero

Watt is, was, and always has been better than Biegel. But I'm cautiously optimistic he can give us some value as a pass rusher.

We already have Fackrell; we don't need another unproductive LB

pbmax
10-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Watt is, was, and always has been better than Biegel.

Don't be daft. Biegel was better the year before.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2017, 11:51 PM
We already have Fackrell; we don't need another unproductive LB

Sick of your dog whistles. If you don't think the white man can play outside linebacker just say it.

Fritz
10-13-2017, 06:34 AM

This post is an example we should all be looking toward at Packerrats. I have no real experience seeing Biegel; I'm not a Wisconsin fan. I don't follow all the draft write-ups like I used to. I simply believe that Biegel will not be much of a player; I have no firm, rationale, thought-out basis for that. Which is to say, I was talking out of my ass.

Yet look at the restraint of ThunderDan. He says, merely, that it is a "weird observation."

We can all learn from this.