PDA

View Full Version : When Mason Crosby or anyone makes an excuse and any miss ! Remember this guy.

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo&feature=share

When Mason Crosby or anyone makes an excuse and any miss ! Remember this guy.

If your not impressed try this one on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7PVZpyymY

NO MORE EXCUSES and missed Extra Points and FG"s. Just suck it up and hope you have a job next week.

Bad snap or a poor set...a difficult angle...hahahahahaha .

Get a life Place Kicker. Maybe you simply SUCK. I mean 'of course' comparatively
speaking. :roll:

mraynrand
10-13-2017, 02:16 PM
that may be all real, but some of those kicks looked fake

Guiness
10-13-2017, 02:41 PM
I really thought we'd see this guy in the NFL. He was in a couple of camps (including the Pack) and went 2 for 2 with one of 50 yards for the Lions in the preseason.

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 02:52 PM
I really thought we'd see this guy in the NFL. He was in a couple of camps (including the Pack) and went 2 for 2 with one of 50 yards for the Lions in the preseason.

That's the same guy !?

Guiness
10-13-2017, 04:19 PM
That's the same guy !?

Can there be two???

Fritz
10-13-2017, 04:41 PM
I think they thought he was too slow getting his kicks off.

pbmax
10-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Did anyone make excuses?

Fritz
10-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Nah. They just cut the guy.

Woodbuck is getting in a snoot over Crosby's comments on being out of rhythm, I think.

red
10-13-2017, 05:00 PM
you notice how the guy has a ton of balls laying around the ground, but they only show the one kick he makes?

he might have tried 30 times on each of those kicks before he made one

as for mase, i'll say the same thing i did in the game thread. any golfers knows what happens when you set up to a shot, start to make your backswing, and in the middle of you down swing the wind picks up and moves the ball a quarter inch, you're gonna fuck up your shot

the snap and hold have to be perfect, and not just look perfect, the timing has to be perfect. if the holder has to take an extra .08 seconds to get the ball down, that fucks up the timing

if mason starts his approach, and then sees something isn't right with the snap, he first has to figure up if the holder is gonna be able to fix the problem, then he has to adjust to the problem to slow his approach. he has to figure all this out while taking 1 step

now go back to the golf analogy. take away the ball. you have to set up for your shot, and start your swing, and someone else will roll the ball to the spot where you want it. you don't know when, you don't know exactly where it will be. but you have to figure it all out while you're swinging. go see how that works out

Patler
10-13-2017, 06:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo&feature=share

When Mason Crosby or anyone makes an excuse and any miss ! Remember this guy.

If your not impressed try this one on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7PVZpyymY

NO MORE EXCUSES and missed Extra Points and FG"s. Just suck it up and hope you have a job next week.

Bad snap or a poor set...a difficult angle...hahahahahaha .

Get a life Place Kicker. Maybe you simply SUCK. I mean 'of course' comparatively
speaking. :roll:

Hi Woodbuck!

Agreed. Or maybe we should have this guy instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sI7vFv9REI

Oh, wait....we already have him! :-). :-)

woodbuck27
10-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Hi Woodbuck!

Agreed. Or maybe we should have this guy instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sI7vFv9REI

Oh, wait....we already have him! :-). :-)

Yea that guy is impressive. By the way I was simply Joking. :whaa:

red just about covered it all and Place Kicking.

Everything has to be Spot On P E R F E C T and being an NFL Place Kicker.Too often too much is on the line and too often that includes their jobs.

bobblehead
10-15-2017, 01:03 AM
as for mase, i'll say the same thing i did in the game thread. any golfers knows what happens when you set up to a shot, start to make your backswing, and in the middle of you down swing the wind picks up and moves the ball a quarter inch, you're gonna fuck up your shot

Well...actually thats about the only way I hit it well.

pbmax
10-15-2017, 08:28 AM

Have you tried a hockey stick?

#HappyGilmore

Fritz
10-15-2017, 11:12 AM
you notice how the guy has a ton of balls laying around the ground, but they only show the one kick he makes?

he might have tried 30 times on each of those kicks before he made one

the snap and hold have to be perfect, and not just look perfect, the timing has to be perfect. if the holder has to take an extra .08 seconds to get the ball down, that fucks up the timing

if mason starts his approach, and then sees something isn't right with the snap, he first has to figure up if the holder is gonna be able to fix the problem, then he has to adjust to the problem to slow his approach. he has to figure all this out while taking 1 step

now go back to the golf analogy. take away the ball. you have to set up for your shot, and start your swing, and someone else will roll the ball to the spot where you want it. you don't know when, you don't know exactly where it will be. but you have to figure it all out while you're swinging. go see how that works out

And if you've had five-and-a-half beers, everything goes out of whack, right after the first sip past the halfway mark of the sixth beer.

Brandon494
10-15-2017, 04:09 PM

See you're back, that didn't last long...get ready to sign Kaep now

Patler
10-15-2017, 05:46 PM
...get ready to sign Kaep now

Interesting thought...........

red
10-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Interesting thought...........

it would be interesting to see who the anti black wisconsinites would support

the fascist that has turned the whole thing into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers

Patler
10-15-2017, 07:09 PM

the fascist that has turned the whole that has turned this into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers

Ya, I was thinking the same thing. I doubt the Packers will be willing to take on that controversy, but it is an interesting possibility. Is there any other similar skilled QB on the street? You brought up Romo's comment in the other thread, but I think he is done physically, and never quite had "it" even when healthy. Statistics, yes; but not enough in crunch time.

denverYooper
10-15-2017, 07:26 PM
They should sign Kaep and Navorro Bowman. Then they should try to get Patrick Willis to come out of retirement and trade for Joe Staley.

They could make a fun experiment out of rebuilding as much of those Harbaugh 49ers teams as they can. They could IR about 60% of the team to make room.

It's just too bad they didn't sign Vernon Davis when they had the chance.

pbmax
10-15-2017, 07:27 PM
If they bring in someone to start, and I doubt it, then its got to be CK. There is no one else left except Romo and I agree he is a huge injury risk.

I expect they sign someone to the PS instead.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 07:41 PM

the fascist that has turned the whole that has turned this into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers

I do not believe the answer for a Packer QB was playing after Aaron Rodgers injury today.

Does it take a tragedy like we saw today for people that are really into following the Green Bay Packers to realize that TT and MM's idea of a Backup to Aaron Rodgers is not much more than an occupied Roster Spot.

Here we are again and sick at Backup QB.

I can see it all now:

'Ohh we need to give it a chance and maybe another chance'.

Maybe we'll read 'Ohh, what do you expect from the Packers Backup QB, Aaron Rodgers'!?

I expect a Packer GM and a Packer HC and a Packer Position Coaching Staff that has a clue. Now again we'll see if that exists in any manner of reality and winning NFL games (minus) Aaron Rodgers. We'll see where the real weakness lies and the Green Bay Packers.

I feel so terrible for Aaron Rodgers and a Packer Nation that had any real hope of getting to another Super Bowl this Season. I feel real concern that the best we'll ever again see and Aaron Rodgers was in Week 5 at Dallas in the 2017-18 Season.

Up here in a civilized Canada the main Sports Channel ended the Daily Sports Show with a sad comment on the loss of Aaron Rodgers not 'only' to the Green Bay Packers but to all that is good and Pro Sports. That loss is terrible for all that is the NFL.

To learn that any football fans would actually cheer his injury is just another example of how SICK some people can be. Those people couldn't blow powder in the Hell where they are headed to.

This is a very ugly day in Pro Sports IMO and as a long time Pro Sports fan I feel a definite pain. I cannot even imagine the pain Aaron Rodgers has to be feeling right now and that will be magnified tomorrow. I hope somehow he has a way to secure some real sense of PEACE.

denverYooper
10-15-2017, 07:44 PM
If they bring in someone to start, and I doubt it, then its got to be CK. There is no one else left except Romo and I agree he is a huge injury risk.

Yeah. Unless Hundley and Callahan prove to be absolute dumpster fires then it's not likely they look at Kaep. Even then, they tend to reach out to guys with some experience in their system.

I have a feeling Hundley will be at least a mid-level QB with some reps and a gameplan a bit more tailored to his KSAs. That may not be enough given the massive amount of injuries across the team.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 07:44 PM

Tony Romo is in a good place right now. Tony Romo is back on TOP with his new career choice.

denverYooper
10-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Thread redirected.

mraynrand
10-15-2017, 07:55 PM

the fascist that has turned the whole thing into an anti america issue, that they helped put in office, or the beloved green bay packers

piss off

Patler
10-15-2017, 08:11 PM

Callahan is on the practice squad now, and I won't be surprised if he stays there. Hundley will be the starter, but I can see them finding a more experienced backup, like Kaepernick, who they can plug in if Hundley bombs after a couple weeks.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 09:17 PM
Callahan is on the practice squad now, and I won't be surprised if he stays there. Hundley will be the starter, but I can see them finding a more experienced backup, like Kaepernick, who they can plug in if Hundley bombs after a couple weeks.

The NFL would love it to see The Packers sign Colin Kaepernick and frankly what else makes better sense?

Do the Packers Brass really imagine that what they had/have behind Aaron Rodgers is adequate given the state/status of the current Roster?

If they do then a lot of Packer fans have been duped for too long.

Patler
10-15-2017, 09:49 PM
The NFL would love it to see The Packers sign Colin Kaepernick and frankly what else makes better sense?

Do the Packers Brass really imagine that what they had/have behind Aaron Rodgers is adequate given the state/status of the current Roster?

If they do then a lot of Packer fans have been duped for too long.

To be clear, I didn't mean they would sign Kaepernick, but someone like him who has experience. I will be surprised if they are willing to bring in the controversy he represents.

As for Hundley, I think he will be fine after a week practicing with the starters, and with a game plan that expects him to be carrying it out.

Of course, if Taylor, Bulaga and Bakhtiari are all out he may not have much chance to do anything.

Maxie the Taxi
10-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Luke McCown.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 10:32 PM
To be clear, I didn't mean they would sign Kaepernick, but someone like him who has experience. I will be surprised if they are willing to bring in the controversy he represents.

As for Hundley, I think he will be fine after a week practicing with the starters, and with a game plan that expects him to be carrying it out.

Of course, if Taylor, Bulaga and Bakhtiari are all out he may not have much chance to do anything.

The Packers won't sign Colin Kaepernick.That would not at all be The Green Bay Packers.

Too much Head Hair? :-)

No ....because it takes too long to get set into the MM style of Offense. They actually then have their best Option already; such as that will play out as OK or not

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-free-agent-quarterbacks-unsigned-colin-kaepernick-jay-cutler-robert-griffin-rg3-032917

Zool
10-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Luke McCown.

The Jets starter?

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2017, 11:08 PM
We don't need Kaepernick; We don't need Romo; We don't need either McCown; We don't need any other trash laying around except maybe as a practice squad QB. Hundley will do just fine, and if he doesn't, no retread would be able to save the season anyway.

The ironic thing is that QB is one of the few positions on the team where Ted has provided us with decent depth.

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 11:10 PM
We don't need Kaepernick; We don't need Romo; We don't need either McCown; We don't need any other trash laying around except maybe as a practice squad QB. Hundley will do just fine, and if he doesn't, no retread would be able to save the season anyway.

The ironic thing is that QB is one of the few positions on the team where Ted has provided us with decent depth.

Will you be correct?

Many hope so.

Smidgeon
10-16-2017, 02:16 AM
Yeah. Unless Hundley and Callahan prove to be absolute dumpster fires then it's not likely they look at Kaep. Even then, they tend to reach out to guys with some experience in their system.

I have a feeling Hundley will be at least a mid-level QB with some reps and a gameplan a bit more tailored to his KSAs. That may not be enough given the massive amount of injuries across the team.

The offensive line was G4, G5, C1, G2, G6/T6 (G1 Taylor, G3 Barclay).
The back end was CB4, CB3, CB6, S1, and S4 (CB1 King, CB2 House, S2 Burnett, S3 Brice, CB 5 Rollins)

There were no more bodies. Hard to do anything when you're playing your redshirt players due to injury.

mraynrand
10-16-2017, 06:57 AM
The back end was CB4, CB3, CB6, S1, and S4 (CB1 King, CB2 House, S2 Burnett, S3 Brice, CB 5 Rollins)

There were no more bodies. Hard to do anything when you're playing your redshirt players due to injury.

yep, it was preseason football game #4, Q4 out there at the end.

BRING BLACK TAYSOM HILL

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2017, 07:39 AM

The ironic thing is that QB is one of the few positions on the team where Ted has provided us with decent depth.So, Pollyanna, you're suggesting we go the rest of the year with only two QB's on the roster? hahahaha

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2017, 08:16 AM
So, Pollyanna, you're suggesting we go the rest of the year with only two QB's on the roster? hahahaha

Yeah, and maybe one on the practice squad. You seem to be assuming Aaron Rodgers is not coming back before the end of the season. I think he is eligible to be IRed and brought back, right? Or is it too late for that?

What would you do? Go out and sign some old retread?

I want to see a QB named Brett starting right up until Rodgers comes back. Could there possibly be a different last name after Brett? I'd take him over Romo, Kaepernick, anybody else who might be out there, even at age 48 or whatever ....... but that'll never happen hahahahaha.

pbmax
10-16-2017, 08:46 AM

Don't you think there will be 3 QBs on roster before next week's game?

My bet is Callahan gets promoted and they sign some to the PS.

If its 4-6 and no Rodgers, then they might take the CK/Romo plunge. Would be an interesting choice, tank the season and get into top 10 or sign a former starter.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Yeah, and maybe one on the practice squad. You seem to be assuming Aaron Rodgers is not coming back before the end of the season. I think he is eligible to be IRed and brought back, right? Or is it too late for that?

What would you do? Go out and sign some old retread?

I want to see a QB named Brett starting right up until Rodgers comes back. Could there possibly be a different last name after Brett? I'd take him over Romo, Kaepernick, anybody else who might be out there, even at age 48 or whatever ....... but that'll never happen hahahahaha.Truth be told I was responding to Patler's post above when I suggested McCown (as an alternative to CK). But yeah, I am expecting Arod to be out for the balance of the regular season. It's his throwing shoulder isn't it?

Actually, I wouldn't mind them playing Hundley and Callahan for the rest of the season. But they must sign another guy to back them up even if Arod is expected back in 6-8 weeks because our O-line will likely get Hundley or Callahan killed. It's prudent to get someone else early so they can start learning the system. Rand suggested that T. Hill guy from the preseason if he's available. I'd be cool with that.

Smidgeon
10-16-2017, 11:05 AM

I forgot one. Had to update it.

The offensive line was G5, G6, C1, G2, G7/T6 (G1 Taylor, G3 Barclay, G4 Murphy, T1 Bakh, T2 Bulaga, T3 Barclay, T4 Spriggs, T5 Murphy). In other words, they were down to the equivalent of an entire second string line with six players out with injury who were all preferred over what was on the field (some in the same position like LT).

Also, Kofi Amichia must really need a redshirt season as they've gone outside the team for help and he hasn't been brought up yet.

Guiness
10-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
Luke McCown.

The Jets starter?

Absolutely he would be available! I'm surprised they haven't cut him already for winning enough games to put them out of the running for the #1 pick!