PDA

View Full Version : DAVANTE ADAMS---THE FRESNO FREAK

Bretsky
10-13-2017, 10:11 PM
My apologies to the local Fresno guy in Madtown. I was completely wrong on Devante Adams and I think he's the real deal.

BUT.........WHAT IS THIS GUY WORTH ?

Scary thought...but he's an UFA after this year.....We're paying Cobb and Jordy good salaries....Is Adams Next, and can TT afford to give money like that to 3 WR's ?

And does Aaron Rodgers make him better than h really is, or is he the real deal regardless of where he goes ? Often he's hardly open, but AROD puts him I a position to make plays....AKA..the game winner last week

THE POLL WILL ASK WHAT DO YOU DEVANTE ADAMS IS WORTH;

and in the body please post what you think Ted will do with our WR position next year.

Bretsky
10-13-2017, 10:19 PM
PLEASE POST YOUR VOTE IN HERE...AND PREDICT WHAT GB DOES

Bretsky
10-13-2017, 10:21 PM
I think Adams deserves in between 9-13 MIL/year and signs back with GB at the higher end of that range.

I'm really unsure what GB does but I can't see them paying all 3 and my guess is they part with Cobb

Joemailman
10-13-2017, 10:27 PM
I said 9-13. 11 million per year puts him in the top 10-15. Cobb's and Jordy's contracts end after the 2018 season. TT will sign Adams to an extension, with the big money not kicking in until 2019. At that point, Jordy and Cobb will either be gone or earning a lower salary. My guess is TT will let Cobb leave. Geronimo Allison makes him dispensable. He will sign Jordy for a couple more years and draft a WR in the 2nd round in 2018.

call_me_ishmael
10-13-2017, 11:00 PM
This is going to be the most interesting story of the off-season. I don't think they would like Adams to leave but I think he'll price himself out of GB, and ultimately bust wherever he goes.

If you can only have one next year, do you pick Adams or Jordy? I pick Adams based on age but I don't think either is a star.

pbmax
10-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Pay the man.

Also need to desperately restock the WR position.

Jordy is aging like he has a condition.

hoosier
10-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Agree with 9-13 and that the position needs restocking. I don't know if Allison makes Cobb redundant because they have very different skill sets. If Cobb were willing to re-sign for a modest amount I could see him staying beyond 2018. Not sure what Allison's ceiling is, but TT needs to find someone in the Jennings/Nelson mold, someone who bring the explosive play back to the passing game.

smuggler
10-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Open market is around $11M per year. I think he's worth about $8M per if you take Rodgers out of the equation. But, contracts are not made in that way. He'll get his money here in GB.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2017, 11:47 AM
This is like a slave auction.

smuggler
10-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Except in this case, the slave owns the auctioneer (his agent), and is selling himself. Perhaps more like indentured servitude, yes?

mraynrand
10-14-2017, 11:53 AM
This is like a slave auction.

holy hell

RashanGary
10-14-2017, 04:27 PM
I think packers will sign him within the next couple weeks.

red
10-14-2017, 04:35 PM
he deserves the same kind of money jordy and cobb got imo, if not a bit more with the cap going up

those 2 both got around 10 per year

so, if that happens, we will have 3 of the top 20 highest paid WR's in the nfl

someone has to go, and i don't think its the young guy just hitting his potential

and then again, we come back to the same question. is he a legit #1 WR because that is legit #1 money. we greatly overpaid cobb and thats going to bite us in the ass with the adams contract

red
10-14-2017, 04:49 PM
what no one on here is talking about (at least i haven't seen it), was the bullet we dodged after adams scored the TD

i cringed when i saw it live

adams fired the ball into the stands, and should have been flagged, he was fined for throwing the ball after the game. a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff would have made things a lot more uncomfortable

yeah it was an emotional momnet and a huge play, but you gotta be smarter there

pbmax
10-14-2017, 06:53 PM
what no one on here is talking about (at least i haven't seen it), was the bullet we dodged after adams scored the TD

i cringed when i saw it live

adams fired the ball into the stands, and should have been flagged, he was fined for throwing the ball after the game. a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff would have made things a lot more uncomfortable

yeah it was an emotional momnet and a huge play, but you gotta be smarter there

I don't think using the ball as a prop in a celebration (might be the only one) is a penalty anymore.

Just a fine for throwing away team/league property and taking a risk of poking Grandma's eye out.

red
10-14-2017, 07:17 PM
I don't think using the ball as a prop in a celebration (might be the only one) is a penalty anymore.

Just a fine for throwing away team/league property and taking a risk of poking Grandma's eye out.

maybe so, but i have to think that if there was a fine, then there could have/should have been a flag on the play

this is whats wrong with the NFL imo, and why people are leaving. they keep muddying the water, and each year we know less about the rules of the game

woodbuck27
10-14-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm with the majority here RE: His Value.

If I was in TT's Role.... I'd sign him ASAP. This is a quality WR and I'm not allowing him to test his market value if I can sign him soon.

I'll be surprised if TT does that.

BZnDallas
10-14-2017, 09:48 PM
Pay him 9/13 mil per and ask Cobb to resign around 5 mil per. Cobb still knows what to do when Aaron scrambles. When healthy this is the best unit top to bottom in the league. I say keep all 3 at least into next year and then reevaluate.

Bossman641
10-15-2017, 12:11 AM
I love Adams but he's not a top wr in the league, regardless of what his stats say. Anything over 10m a year would make me wary.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2017, 12:24 AM
I love Adams but he's not a top wr in the league, regardless of what his stats say. Anything over 10m a year would make me wary.

A good WR with a great QB. Lots of good WRs.

bobblehead
10-15-2017, 12:51 AM
I'm going with the 6-9, but the high end of that. I think about 9 is right. Rodgers has a way of making his WR's look better than they are. Can you imagine Adams playing with Winston or Flacco? I don't think the 8 inches of separation he gets would be enough. He has come on. He is good. He isn't Jordy good and he isn't a top 20 WR.

Upnorth
10-15-2017, 08:27 AM
I went 6-9. I read his catch rate is 57% .add that to the Rodgers effect and I don't see him as elite.

Pugger
10-15-2017, 09:19 AM
I went 6-9. I read his catch rate is 57% .add that to the Rodgers effect and I don't see him as elite.

But some WR needy team will offer him big money to lure him away so if we wanna keep him we have to offer more than 6-9.

George Cumby
10-15-2017, 09:41 AM

I’m with you, he’s pretty good, he’s not elite.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2017, 10:17 AM
The question was "fair market value", not what we should pay for him. Somebody will be willing to pay $9-13 million for him. We probably shouldn't. Whatever Adams is, he is because of Aaron Rodgers being so damn good. He isn't a Julio Jones or A.J. Green who are so good that they make the QB seem better than he is. It's the other way around.

As for restocking WRs, we have untapped resources at that position right now, and it seems like it isn't all that hard at all to pick up players who will be quality players with Aaron Rodgers throwing to them. Now if we could get a superstar - Julio or A.J. or whoever quality, go for it - but determining that in advance of the draft seems unlikely.

Harlan, in slave auctions, the slaves don't get the money.

red
10-15-2017, 10:21 AM
I’m with you, he’s pretty good, he’s not elite.

the problem is that we set the bar for wr's that were pretty good but not great two years ago when we gave cobb 10 million a year

Patler
10-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Silverstein on Adams:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/10/14/silverstein-davante-adams-emerging-packers-no-1-receiver/763901001/

pbmax
11-18-2017, 08:28 AM
I love this kid. I hope he stays around for a long, productive time.

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Interesting chat with Davante Adams today. Used 'when,' not 'if,' when mentioning Rodgers' comeback: "It's about making sure we put ourselves in a position where, when 12 is back, he’s back for a reason."

He sticks up for himself, but doesn't complain about being treated unfairly. He believes in himself and is willing to ask QBs to put it on him. And he occasionally lets something go that gives a clear picture of what the players are actually thinking.

:lol:

mraynrand
11-18-2017, 02:10 PM
with the Packers familiarity breeds contract.

Packers prob slightly overpay him, and then Cobb either signs a team friendly contract or is gone.

bobblehead
11-18-2017, 04:17 PM

Harlan, in slave auctions, the slaves don't get the money.

Are you sure? I mean, I've only been to 2 of them, and it was never made clear.

bobblehead
11-18-2017, 04:23 PM
I love this kid. I hope he stays around for a long, productive time.

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Interesting chat with Davante Adams today. Used 'when,' not 'if,' when mentioning Rodgers' comeback: "It's about making sure we put ourselves in a position where, when 12 is back, he’s back for a reason."

He sticks up for himself, but doesn't complain about being treated unfairly. He believes in himself and is willing to ask QBs to put it on him. And he occasionally lets something go that gives a clear picture of what the players are actually thinking.

:lol:
I like him as well, but james jones led the NFL in TDs with Rodgers throwing him the ball.