PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

pbmax
03-23-2018, 07:31 PM
People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZAfU7HXkAUydE2.jpg:large

pbmax
03-23-2018, 07:32 PM
His pro day reviewed by PFW: https://t.co/hZXVduaGy1

run pMc
03-23-2018, 07:48 PM
People are mad about this kid. AY/A = adjusted yards per attempt.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
In Josh Allen's good year of 2016, he ranked 4th in the Mountain West in AY/A.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZAfU7HXkAUydE2.jpg:large

and led the league in both TDs and INTs. Looks like he ran a lot too. IMO Arm strength can be improved in the weight room, but accuracy takes breaking down and rebuilding fundamentals and even then it's no gimme. Too much risk to take with a top 10 R1 pick if I were a GM.
Now if he fell all the way to end of R1 top of R2 and you could be patient with him, maybe, but I'm still not on the bandwagon.

I could very well be wrong.

HarveyWallbangers
03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Brett Favre completed 54% of his passes in each of his final two years at Southern Miss. He threw five more TDs than interceptions over his final two years. Sometimes, stats are for losers.

Before Allen, Wyoming won 8 games once since 1998. They won 8 games both years with Allen. They had inferior talent.

Daniel Jeremiah

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922923/article/2018-nfl-draft-five-takeaways-from-josh-allens-pro-day

HarveyWallbangers
03-24-2018, 01:58 AM
The more I study these CBs, the more I think Isaiah Oliver is the a guy who might be the #2 CB on the Packers board (behind Denzel Ward). He looks like the ideal Pettine cornerback. He has size, athleticism, and press ability.

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 05:25 AM
The more I study these CBs, the more I think Isaiah Oliver is the a guy who might be the #2 CB on the Packers board (behind Denzel Ward). He looks like the ideal Pettine cornerback. He has size, athleticism, and press ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-DpLfnicc

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 05:41 AM
Is this a Round Two Target?

WR Courtland Sutton - The Next Julio Jones - Ultimate 2016-17 SMU Highlights (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-0D3pCZcw

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 05:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MisXCm1digY

Comment woodbuck27:

I really like the way D J Moore plays.

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 05:57 AM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018-nfl-draft-packers/2018/3/23/17083286/nfl-mock-draft-2018-packers-needs-have-changed-after-the-start-of-free-agency

NFL Mock Draft 2018: Packers’ needs have changed after the start of free agency

Free agent movement and draft order changes characterize a very different second version of my 2018 mock.

By Shawn Wagner Mar 23, 2018, 1:30pm CDT

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 06:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWOVRS-Fp30

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 06:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2E8M2OSmIk

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 06:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnaZ5fDjUFw

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 06:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5NKQwz9tQE

woodbuck27
03-24-2018, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-JjoNeqK0

red
03-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Is this a Round Two Target?

WR Courtland Sutton - The Next Julio Jones - Ultimate 2016-17 SMU Highlights (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-0D3pCZcw

I don’t think he’ll make it out of the top 20

There’s a lot of debate about if he or Ridley should be the first WR taken

Anti-Polar Bear
03-24-2018, 10:12 AM
I don’t think he’ll make it out of the top 20

There’s a lot of debate about if he or Ridley should be the first WR taken

Sutton is a fucking sloth, a poor man's TO. A prima donna in the making - not that I detest prima donnas (they're exciting). Packers have more than enough possession receivers on their roster already. Pack need a speed fiend.

Now plenty of speed fiends failed in the NFL b/c they couldn't run routes worth a lick. Ridley, however, is an excellent route runner. He timed fast, but he plays even faster. In short, Ridley's a faster Greg Jennings, a rich man's Jennings, if you will.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
A guy I like a lot as a player, but has a 10 cent head and character issues is Holton Hill, CB, Texas.

Guy can play, good size... failed multiple drug tests.

Poor man's Mike McKenzie.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-24-2018, 10:46 AM
I kind of like him the best, but the guys on the NFLN said he was pretty unpolished. He had some inaccuracies and flutters in his workout at the combine. Highest ceiling I think.

I still think there's a good chance the Packers draft a QB, because someone like Jackson drops due to 'issues.' I see some mocks have him dropping all the way to Jacksonville. Most think there's zero chance Packers draft a QB because of too many holes elsewhere - I get that - but you never know who slips in the Green room...

I dunno 'bout you or Nutz or Partial or Tex, but I like my beer cold, my women hot, my corners dark and my QBs pale. :cool:

Zool
03-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Sutton is a fucking sloth, a poor man's TO. A prima donna in the making - not that I detest prima donnas (they're exciting). Packers have more than enough possession receivers on their roster already. Pack need a speed fiend.

Now plenty of speed fiends failed in the NFL b/c they couldn't run routes worth a lick. Ridley, however, is an excellent route runner. He timed fast, but he plays even faster. In short, Ridley's a faster Greg Jennings, a rich man's Jennings, if you will.

Don’t we already have Janice for speed?

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2018, 02:19 AM
A lot of the bigger, press CBs are going to go in the middle rounds. Kevin Toliver, Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Brandon Facyson, Tarvarus McFadden, Tony Brown (projecting because I didn't see him in press a lot), Quenton Meeks (mostly played off coverage in the videos that I watched). That may be where the Packers strike - even if they take a corner in the first two rounds. There do seem to be quite a few bigger, press corners in this draft than I remember in recent drafts, so that may bold well.

wist43
03-25-2018, 05:41 AM
A lot of the bigger, press CBs are going to go in the middle rounds. Kevin Toliver, Isaac Yiadom, Holton Hill, Brandon Facyson, Tarvarus McFadden, Tony Brown (projecting because I didn't see him in press a lot), Quenton Meeks (mostly played off coverage in the videos that I watched). That may be where the Packers strike - even if they take a corner in the first two rounds. There do seem to be quite a few bigger, press corners in this draft than I remember in recent drafts, so that may bold well.

I agree.

pbmax
03-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Does Pettine play press coverage?

pbmax
03-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Does Pettine play press coverage?

Prodigious defenses

Pettine enjoyed an impressive four-year stint as the New York Jets’ defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan from 2009-12. He has utilized a 3-4 scheme in the past built around blitzing and press-man coverage.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/What-to-know-about-Mike-Pettine/c53b9654-c040-48c0-aed2-821efdf854f0#ixzz5AlYQOcds

OK then.

Maxie the Taxi
03-25-2018, 10:04 AM
OK then.

This from Total Packers (https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/03/and-josh-hawkins-is-fucking-ripped/):

And here’s the thing. The Packers’ new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine likes his corners to play press-man coverage. You need corners that are strong and physical to do that. I’m going to guess Hawkins is pretty strong right now.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Don’t we already have Janice for speed?

I wish. Janis is still a free agent. Even if he returns, McCarthy will still be too stupid to figure out a way to utilize Janis offensively. With Ridley, Fat Mike could utilize the speed fiend in the same manner that he once did with Jennings.

red
03-25-2018, 10:19 AM
I wish. Janis is still a free agent. Even if he returns, McCarthy will still be too stupid to figure out a way to utilize Janis offensively. With Ridley, Fat Mike could utilize the speed fiend in the same manner that he once did with Jennings.

maybe if janis was smart enough to figure out plays

fat mike- "ok jeff, this is you, when they snap the ball, i want you to run in a straight line as fast as you can, then catch the ball"

janis- whats that?

FM- thats a dot that represents you

janis- is that what i really look like?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- thats a straight line, it represents the route you run

janis- how come that line doesn't have curves?

FM- because its a STRAIGHT line. GONNA NEED A CHEESEBURGER OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janis- ok, so then what do i do there?

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

FM- ok, that spot there is where you catch the ball

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- but i don't want to get hit with the ball

FM- thats why you catch it..... GONNA NEED A CHOCOLATE SHAKE OVER HERE!!!!!!!!

janis- that thing looks like a line

FM- thats because it is a line, thats the route you run

janis- ok got it

FM- so why are you standing here?

janis- oh, you want me to run it?

FM- yes, now get in there....... thats the other team jeff, you're on the green team

Anti-Polar Bear
03-25-2018, 10:31 AM

fat mike- "ok jeff, this is you, when they snap the ball, i want you to run in a straight line as fast as you can, then catch the ball"

janis- whats that?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- because its a STRAIGHT line. GONNA NEED A CHEESEBURGER OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- ok got it

FM- yes, now get in there....... thats the other team jeff, you're on the green team

Janis scored 30 on the Wonderlic, so he's pretty smart. Still, that's funny. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2018, 08:51 PM
CB Michael Joseph is intruguing. Level of competition stunk, but he dominated. Showed tackling ability, balls skills, and he's 6'1". I don't think he has much experience in press coverage, but he looks to have the ability to be taught up. I'll be interested to see how he tests at Pro Day. He was limited at the combine. His testing was a bit up and down. He had a good 3 cone (6.89), solid shuttle (4.20) and bench (17), and below average vertical (34"). He and WR Justin Watson were two small school prospects that I've kept my eye on. Watson blew up his Pro Day with 4.42 40 and 40" vertical at 6'3" 213. I think that puts him firmly in the draftable category.

Deputy Nutz
03-26-2018, 08:03 AM

The draft flops around a a lot in terms of rankings and where teams slot guys on their own boards. For instance Carlton Davis could be a better fit for the Packers defense versus Jaire Alexander. Alexander is rated higher by just about every publication. Packers are now in a position where they have to take a known commodity, they can't take a projected 2nd rounder in the top half of the first round even though it could be a better fit. If that is a case they go a different direction than their greatest position of need.

With contact rules being enforced corners have to have the ability to stay with receivers without putting their hands on them. Size always helps but quickness and agility and smarts are just as important. Big corners are great but they can't be grabby. Davis for instance can be very grabby. Not a good thing. Receivers are like strippers, you want to be nice and close but you can't be grabby or you get flagged.

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2018, 10:23 AM
The draft flops around a a lot in terms of rankings and where teams slot guys on their own boards. For instance Carlton Davis could be a better fit for the Packers defense versus Jaire Alexander. Alexander is rated higher by just about every publication. Packers are now in a position where they have to take a known commodity, they can't take a projected 2nd rounder in the top half of the first round even though it could be a better fit. If that is a case they go a different direction than their greatest position of need.

With contact rules being enforced corners have to have the ability to stay with receivers without putting their hands on them. Size always helps but quickness and agility and smarts are just as important. Big corners are great but they can't be grabby. Davis for instance can be very grabby. Not a good thing. Receivers are like strippers, you want to be nice and close but you can't be grabby or you get flagged.

Good points, but a great press corner can still function in today's game. I agree on Davis - which is why I'm down on him a bit. He's grabby and a little less athletic than I'd prefer. Plus, the Packers seem to value ball skills, and Davis lacks in this area. I think the Packers will continue with the height requirement at corner, but they may give a little on the athleticism part if the player is great in press. There are a number of big corners in this draft, but some don't meet or barely meet the historical athletic measurements the Packers require. With Pettine I'm not sure if they'll give a little in this area. My guess is the Packers will still draft big corners (5'11" or taller) and prefer man corners, but they might not require great press ability. I'm not a scout, but I did get through watching videos of all of the corners that were invited to the combine.

Players that fit the style and athletic requirements the Packers look for:

Denzel Ward, Isaiah Oliver, Nick Nelson, M.J. Stewart, Andre Chachere, Christian Campbell, Davontae Harris, Dee Delaney

Players that fit the style and height requirements but we don't have full testing numbers for:

Brandon Facyson, Michael Joseph

Based on what numbers we have for Joseph, I think he'll meet the athletic requirements. Not sure about Facyson.

Players that fit the style and height requirements but are at or below Green Bay's historical athletic requirements:

Anthony Averett, Carlton Davis, Holton Hill, Tarvarus McFadden

Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB since switching to the 3-4 with over 4.34 shuttle (Goodson) and under 33 12" vertical (House). Averett had 4.40 shuttle and 31 1/2" vertical. Hill had a 31" vertical
Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB with over a 7.10 3 cone (Rollins). Davis had a 7.30 3 cone and barely hit the minimum in the shuttle.
Green Bay hasn't drafted a CB with over a 4.57 40 (Rollins). McFadden had a 4.67 40.

Players that fit the athletic requirements but might not fit the scheme:

Josh Jackson, Quenton Meeks, and Tony Brown fit the height and athletic requirements, but they seem better as zone corners.

run pMc
03-26-2018, 11:52 AM
I like Andre Chachere as a Day 3 pick. Decent production and test numbers.
They have to draft at least 2 corners. Their CB chart looks horrible on paper.

Then again, I'm no scout.

woodbuck27
03-27-2018, 11:10 AM

janis- whats that?

FM- no

janis- whats that?

FM- hold on i'm eating

janis- look a butterfly

janis- the what?

FM- the ball

janis- ok got it

Hahahahaha Great Satire. :-)

The best Comedy Writers on the Canadian Satirical Comedy Show 'This Hour Has 22 Minutes'. couldn't get it down any better red.

An excellent piece of work. Mae loved it !

'This Hour Has 22 Minutes' Does Sports and Math; almost a Sport and Curling 'Team Shot' 'Strategy and Well Women 'what she say?' and 'not a Sport !':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaCU0nIs3k

Sidney Crosby with Shaun Majumder 'does Math'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-r7YmQi85E

Where’s dat accent to b’ys? | 22 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_-2LzHxp8

This Hour Has 22 Minutes om 'Maritime Women' Yikes !

woodbuck27
03-27-2018, 01:07 PM
I like Andre Chachere as a Day 3 pick. Decent production and test numbers.
They have to draft at least 2 corners. Their CB chart looks horrible on paper.

Then again, I'm no scout.

I'll take a look at this and the Green Bay Packers Pick in Round Three (3) Pick NO. 76 Overall:

Green Bay Packers NEEDS

Defense:

Cornerback; Strong safety

Outside and Inside linebacker

Offense:

Right guard;

Wide receiver and TE

The Packers went hard after Kyle Fuller, and Tramon Williams isn't exactly the best consolation prize. A No. 1 corner still needs to be found.

Jordy Nelson was sent packing, and while Jimmy Graham will obviously have a big role in the passing attack, WR is a thin position now. A new right guard is needed with Jahri Evans moving on[/B.

Josh Jones will likely get first crack at replacing Morgan Burnett at SS, yet a better strong safety could be found.

Clay Matthews is in the final year of his deal, so finding someone to partner with Nick Perry long-term at outside linebacker is key. Inside linebacker always is a need and better depth behind the team's starters.

The Packers drafted several depth pieces at running back last year but lack a true star at the position to take pressure off Aaron Rodgers but do they need a solid Blocking TE?.

[B]What's possibly there?

Kameron Kelly - San Diego St.....Sr...CB ** PR 7 ...6-2 ... 195 lbs

M.J. Stewart - N. Carolina ..Sr.........CB ** 8......... 6-0 ... 200 lbs

Mike Hughes -UCF ...Jr...................CB ** 9 ........ 5-11 ...185 lbs

Arden Key - LSU ................Jr.........DE ** 6 ..........6-6 ...238 lbs

Duke Ejiofor - Wake Forest...Sr........DE **7 .......... 6-4 ... 270 lbs

Lorenzo Carter- Georgia ......Sr..........DE **8 ...........6-6 .....242 lbs

Chad Thomas ..Miami (Fla.)...Sr..........DE ** 9...........6-6......275 lbs

Auden Tate - Florida St. .......Jr .........WR ** 9 ..........6-5 .....225 lbs

D.J. Moore - Maryland ..........Jr..........WR ** 10 ........ 5-11.....215 lbs

Skai Moore .S. Carolina ......Sr...........OLB..** 6 .........6-2.......221 lbs

Uchenna Nwosu..USC.,,,,,,,,Sr,,,,,,,,....OLB,**7.......... ..6-3.......235 lbs

Derrick Nnadi....Florida St...Sr.............DT ** 7............6-1.......312 lbs

80RJ McIntosh ....Miami (Fla.)..Jr.........DT.** 8............6-4.......293 lbs

** This Position Rank Comes From The CBS Sports NFL Draft Site

woodbuck27
03-27-2018, 01:36 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-draft-value-chart/

NFL DRAFT VALUE CHART.

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 08:30 AM
We need an outstanding Fourth Round in this 2018 NFL DRAFT;

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/watch-packers-hindsight-is-2020-draft-round-4a/

" Green Bay Packers Hindsight is 20/20 Draft: Round 4(A) The Green Bay Packers needed a pass rusher and took one with Vince Biegel with the first pick of the fourth round. Could they have done better? "

14. Green Bay Packers ; Record: 7-9 (.539) >>> Top needs: DB, OT, WR, EDGE

** The Packers drafted a CB with their top pick last year (Kevin King), but they still need to upgrade that spot, and the safety position as well.

** Injuries have plagued the Packers' offensive tackles and they might look for more help at the RT spot.

** The departure of WR Jordy Nelson combined with the lack of production from Randall Cobb means WR could be an early priority.

** It's time to add some much-needed pass rush off the edge.

Here first is an analysis of the DRAFT at the WR Position:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-greatest-strengths-biggest-flaws-of-wrs/

This Guy has it Ranking the WR's in this order:

1. Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (Going Top of Rd. 1)

2. James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State: (Going mid Rd. 1)

3. Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State: (Going Bottom of Rd. 1)

4. .Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State: (Going Top of Rd. 2)

5. Ranked as the 44th Best Prospect. Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama: Strengths: Suddenness helps him beat press often. Sharp cuts while running his routes. Good long speed. Weakensses: Slight frame. Despite his route-running acumen, he's not a dynamic YAC receiver.

6. Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (Going Mid 2nd Rd.)

7. Deontay Burnett, WR, USC: (Going Mid 2nd Rd.)

I Posted a look at the potential Draft Picks in Round 3 Earlier.in this Thread.

A look at potential prospects in Round Four (4):

The Packers have Picks NO. 101 and a Comp. Pick @ NO. 133.

90 Ronnie Harrison Alabama Jr SS 2 6-3 214
91 Allen Lazard Iowa St. Sr WR 11 6-5 223
92 DeShon Elliott Texas Jr SS 3 6-2 205
93 Jaleel Scott New Mex. St. Sr WR 12 6-6 215
94 Levi Wallace Alabama Sr CB 12 6-0 181

95 Oren Burks Vanderbilt Sr ILB 4 6-3 226

96 Armani Watts Texas A&M Sr FS 4 5-11 205
97 Cedrick Wilson Boise St. Sr WR 13 6-3 188

98 Mark Walton Miami (Fla.) Jr RB 10 5-9 205

99 Donte Jackson LSU Jr CB 13 5-11 173
100 Will Richardson NC State Jr OT 9 6-6 322

101 Rasheem Green USC Jr DT 10 6-5 280

102 Carlton Davis Auburn Jr CB 14 6-1 203
103 Genard Avery Memphis Sr OLB 8 6-1 255

104 Will Clapp LSU Jr C 6 6-5 309
105 Nathan Shepherd Fort Hays State - DT 11 6-5 300

106 Nick Nelson Wisconsin Jr CB 15 5-11 207
107 Joseph Noteboom TCU Sr OT 10 6-5 322
108 DaeSean Hamilton Penn St. Sr WR 14 6-1 205

109 Jaylen Samuels NC State Sr TE 4 5-11 223

110 Sam Hubbard Ohio St. Jr DE 11 6-5 265
111 Darious Williams UAB Sr CB 16 5-10 179
112 Christian Kirk Texas A&M Jr WR 15 5-11 200

113 Breeland Speaks Ole Miss Jr DE 12 6-3 290

114 Jordan Whitehead Pittsburgh Jr SS 4 5-11 190

115 Tegray Scales Indiana Sr OLB 9 6-0 230
116 Desmond Harrison West Georgia - OT 11 6-6 288

117 Rashaan Gaulden Tennessee Jr CB 17 6-1 185

118 Jason Cabinda Penn St. Sr ILB 5 6-1 232
119 Kylie Fitts Utah Sr DE 13 6-4 260

120 Rashaad Penny San Diego St Sr RB 11 5-11 220
121 Jerome Baker Ohio St. Jr OLB 10 6-1 225
122 Fred Warner BYU Sr OLB 11 6-4 230

123 Deon Cain Clemson Jr WR 16 6-1 210

124 Coleman Shelton Washington Sr C 7 6-4 297

125 Kyzir White W. Virginia Sr CB 18 6-2 218

126 Richie James Middle Tenn. Jr WR 17 5-9 178

127 Travin Howard TCU Sr OLB 12 6-1 213

128 Jester Weah Pittsburgh Sr WR 18 6-3 210

129 Jessie Bates III Wake Forest Soph FS 5 6-2 200

130 Wyatt Teller Va. Tech Sr OG 5 6-5 308

131 Equanimeous St. Brown Notre Dame Jr WR 19 6-5 204

132 Arrion Springs Oregon Sr CB 19 5-11 205
133 Marcus Allen Penn St. Sr FS 6 6-2 202

134 Poona Ford Texas Sr DT 12 6-0 310
135 Scott Quessenberry UCLA Sr C 8 6-4 315
136 Nyheim Hines NC State Jr RB 12 5-9 197
137 Micah Kiser Virginia Sr ILB 6 6-2 240
138 Trevon Young Louisville Sr DE 14 6-4 255

139 Trey Quinn Southern Methodist Jr WR 20 6-0 203

140 Jeremy Reaves S. Alabama Jr FS 7 5-11 190

Now get out there and Scout well for those two Fourth Round Picks and make them count for something real.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
04-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Teams still don't know how to evaluate QBs, Take #271. But with a great quote:

Thirty-five years later ('83 class of Elway-Blackledge-Kelly-Eason-Marino], I'm not entirely convinced we've gotten much better at evaluating quarterbacks. The league has access to more information than ever before, but the job has become tougher. A wider range of passing offenses at the collegiate level have made it more difficult for obstinate coaches to translate amateur success into bland professional schemes. Passers come better prepared for the pre-draft process than ever and are far more selective about throwing at the combine.

As a result, the range of opinions -- anonymous and otherwise -- we hear about these players before they enter the league is truly remarkable. The error bars are impossibly large. Ask around about Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen and you'll hear that he'll turn into budding MVP candidate Carson Wentz or Titans washout Jake Locker. You'll hear that Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield will turn into either Johnny Manziel or Russell Wilson. This doesn't happen in other sports. Jaylen Brown didn't enter the NBA draft only to be compared to both Jimmy Butler and Bill Murray in "Space Jam."

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 01:19 PM
In this new 2018 NFL Season if your not totally understanding this Message from this Video and exactly how to get there all to there your missing the Point of being a strong member of Packer Nation because all of the FOCUS has to be on one GOAL...WINNING that Lombardi Trophy and anything not directed to just that result is contributing to failure.

https://www.facebook.com/GreenBayPackerNation/videos/10155912315905993/UzpfSTEzODc5ODE0NzE6MTAyMTYwODg1MTkwMzA5MTM/

It has to be 'all in' and Super Bowl all 365 Days of every NFL Year.

If you cannot give your all to just that then find another place to work. Packer fans want you to focus all on 'the next Ring'.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 01:50 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-cardinals-move-up-for-josh-allen-minkah-fitzpatrick-lands-with-patriots/

14. Green Bay Packers

" Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. Protecting Aaron Rodgers is of the utmost importance for the Packers, and cornerback can be addressed after Round 1. "

pbmax
04-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Teams still don't know how to evaluate QBs, Take #271. But with a great quote:

Forgot the link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23039883/history-tells-us-nfl-terrible-evaluating-quarterbacks-means-2018-draft-prospects

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 04:37 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-why-saquon-barkley-is-like-edgerrin-james-derrius-guice-is-like-marshawn-and-more-rb-comparisons/

NFL Draft: Why Saquon Barkley is like Edgerrin James, Derrius Guice is like Marshawn and more RB comparisons

Plus the former first-round pick that Nick Chubb has similarities to and more on 2018's top RB prospects

by Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso

CBSSports.com Apr 5, 2018

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 04:41 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/

2018 NFL Mock Drafts

See Three Mocks and who is Mocked to the Packers.

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
This fella will be a solid pick for the Team that see's the fit and need in the interior of the OL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmD9yPcvavE

woodbuck27
04-10-2018, 03:24 AM
https://lombardiave.com/2018/04/09/packers-2018-draft-top-20-edge-rushers/

Packers 2018 Draft position rankings: Top 20 edge rushers

By: Dan Dahlke19 hours ago

Day 1 Edge Rushers

1. Bradley Chubb, NC State (6-4, 269, 4.65)

2. Harold Landry, Boston College (6-3, 252, 4.64)

3. Sam Hubbard, Ohio State (6-5, 265, 4.88)

Day 2 Edge Rushers

4. Marcus Davenport, UTSA (6-6, 264, 4.58)

5. Josh Sweat, Florida State (6-4, 251, 4.53)

6. Lorenzo Carter, Georgia (6-6, 250, 4.50)

7. Arden Key, LSU (6-6, 238)

" ... Key had an outstanding 12-sack season as a sophomore in 2016, he all but disappeared his junior year. Playing 30 pounds heavier he looked slower on the field. There are also several major character red flags with Key, which could cause him to fall in the draft. ..."

** 8. Uchenna Nwosu, USC (6-2, 251, 4.65)

Nwosu and Ogbannia are more compact edge rushers who will have to play outside linebacker at the next level. However, they both play with their hair on fire and would bring relentlessness to any team’s pass rush.

" ** ...Nwosu in particular is a real Day Two sleeper, in my opinion. In the right system, he could be very effective blitzer from an outside linebacker position. He recorded 9.5 sacks, nine hurries, and 11.5 tackles for loss as a senior. He also plays well in space and would be a great fit for the Packers in the second or third round. ..." **

** 9. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma (6-1, 253, 4.77)

Day 3 Edge Rushers

It’s not a particularly deep group of edge rushers for Day Three when compared to previous draft classes,

10. Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest (6-4, 264)

11. Marquis Haynes, Ole Miss (6-3, 235, 4.67)

12. Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State (6-3, 265)

13. Dorance Armstrong, Kansas (6-4, 246, 4.87)

*** 14. Kemoko Turay, Rutgers (6-5, 253, 4.65)

*** " ... Turay and Jacobs have impressive athletic traits, but they are prospects that need a lot more development at the next level. However, their upside could make them great value in the fifth round. ... ***

### 15. Jeff Holland, Auburn (6-2, 249, 4.78)

" ### a guy like Holland has a lot of production on the field and finds ways to make plays, but he lacks the length and athletic traits teams desire in an edge rusher. His motor and toughness should still hold some value for some teams on the last day of the draft. ... ### "

*** 16. Leon Jacobs, Wisconsin (6-3, 246, 4.48)

17. Kylie Fitts, Utah (6-4, 263, 4.69)

18. Chad Thomas, Miami (6-6, 281, 4.92)

19. Ade Aruna, Tulane (6-6, 262, 4.60)

20. Hercules Mata’afa, Washington State (6-1, 254, 4.76)

Joemailman
04-11-2018, 08:20 PM
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Mel-Kiper-reveals-perfect-Packers-three-round-mock-draft--117238006

Mel Kiper has released a number of mock drafts this offseason and he's been fairly consistent. Every mock draft Kiper released, he has the Packers taking edge rusher Marcus Davenport from Texas-San Antonio. Kiper has a new mock draft, but this one is different because it's three rounds and he's playing the general manager for every team instead of being a draft expert, which makes it his "Grade A" mock draft. So when it comes to the Green Bay Packers, Kiper believes they will address three big needs for this season. Here's a look at Kiper's picks for the Packers.

Round 1 (No. 14): EDGE Marcus Davenport, Texas-San Antonio

Round 2 (45): WR D.J. Chark, LSU

Round 3 (76): CB Duke Dawson, Florida

And here's what Kiper had to say about the draft picks.

I've been consistent in picking Davenport to the Packers, and I won't change now. It's a perfect fit for a team in need of young pass-rushers and a prospect in need of time to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

So long, Jordy Nelson; hello, another deep threat? Chark didn't put up huge numbers in college, but he has elite athleticism. The 5-foot-10 Dawson is one of the best slot corners in this class. Green Bay could also target a swing tackle on Day 2.

Davenport might be the second-best pass-rushing prospect in the draft only behind Bradley Chubb. Last year, Davenport recorded 8.5 sacks and 17.5 tackles for loss. He also had a strong performance in the Senior Bowl which led to his draft stock to rise even more.

As Kiper mentioned, Chark did not have monster numbers for the Tigers, but he showed why he's second-round worthy last year. Chark recorded 40 receptions for 874 yards and three touchdowns. It might take him time to develop, but he's shown he can be a downfield threat which is something the Packers need.

And Dawson is coming off a productive 2017 season for the Gators, recording 34 tackles, nine passes defended four interceptions with one returned for a touchdown. Dawson already has ties with the Packers because he trained with former Packers safety Nick Collins. Dawson and Collins grew up Cross City, Fla. and Collins would even bring Dawson up to Green Bay for Packers games.

The Packers are getting ready for the draft which is starts on Apr. 26. Make sure you’re in the loop – take five seconds to Sign up for our FREE Packers newsletter now!

This would be a strong start for the Packers if the draft does shape out this way. But this year's draft is going to be very unpredictable, so odds are the Packers may end up with one or possibly none of the players when it's all said and done.

woodbuck27
04-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Inside LBer Rashaan Evans of Alabama who is moving up Draft Boards quickly.

Based on a Popular DRAFT Sites Ranking on Mon. 8 April 2018:

https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL...pects-2018.asp (SEE Bio's at this LINK)

12 -2 Derwin James Florida State S 6'2" 215

13 +1 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB 6'1" 236 OLB -3

14 -6 Marcus Davenport UTSA EDGE 6'6" 264

15 +1 Calvin Ridley Alabama WRF 6'1" 190

16 +35 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB 6'2" 232

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isz9BQUPzC4

mraynrand
04-12-2018, 08:02 AM
The 5-foot-10 Dawson is one of the best slot corners in this class.

Isn't that still illegal in GB?

Maxie the Taxi
04-12-2018, 08:12 AM
But this year's draft is going to be very unpredictable, so odds are the Packers may end up with one or possibly none of the players when it's all said and done.No shit. Not only is this year's draft unpredictable from the standpoint of talent available, but what Gute might do and what Pettine wants are huge unknowns. All the old TT rules and habits might be out the window.

pbmax
04-12-2018, 03:27 PM
wrong thread

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 09:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758603-scouts-report-the-most-overrated-prospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-class

Scout's Report: The Most Overrated Prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft Class

MATT MILLER ... FEBRUARY 12, 2018

" Overrated doesn't mean bad. That's the most important thing to note while reading this. And this isn't my opinion. It's the polled replies from the executives and scouts I talked to. In fact, some of these replies are pointed at my rankings. "

" I asked every responding person to let me know why the players are overrated. "

** Michael Gallup, Wide Receiver, Colorado State

** Marcus Davenport, Edge-Rusher, UT-San Antonio

** Courtland Sutton, Wide Receiver, SMU

** Sam Hubbard, Edge-Rusher, Ohio State

** Derrick Nnadi, Defensive Tackle, Florida State

** Mason Rudolph, Quarterback, Oklahoma State

** Desmond Harrison, Offensive Tackle, West Georgia\

** Kalen Ballage, Running Back, Arizona State

** Connor Williams, Offensive Tackle, Texas

** Baker Mayfield, Quarterback, Oklahoma

Comment woodbuck27:

You have to click on the LINK if your interested in what is said about these Prospects and how they are in fact or not overrated.

woodbuck27
04-13-2018, 04:32 PM
Potential Picks at LBer:

There are some intriguing middle-round players at the position. Here are three guys I recently studied that jumped off the tape.

Western Kentucky's Joel Iyiegbuniwe: Iyiegbuniwe is an undersized player with exceptional quickness and range. He makes plays sideline to sideline and explodes through the hips on contact. He has the agility to match up in man coverage with tight ends and running backs. He's worthy of a late second- or early third-round selection.

Wisconsin's Jack Cichy: Cichy has missed all of last season due to injury, yet his 2015 and 2016 tape is very impressive.

He's ultra-instinctive, already moving toward the correct hole before the ball is snapped; NOT as explosive or athletic as the Boys' Sean Lee, but they do possess a similar understanding of the game.

He will probably fall in the draft due to durability concerns and could end up being a late-round gem.

Wisconsin's Leon Jacobs: Cichy isn't the only impressive linebacker from Wisconsin in this draft class.

Jacobs is very twitched-up and he has shown the ability to convert speed to power as an edge rusher.

He has some stiffness issues that emerge when he's in space, but when he can stay on a single path, he closes in a hurry. He's a better version of Arthur Moats when he was coming out of James Madison. Moats landed in the sixth round. I expect Jacobs to come off the board at some point in Round 3 or 4 to a team that runs a 3-4 scheme. -- Daniel Jeremiah

red
04-13-2018, 04:42 PM
a guy i'd like to see us get in maybe the second or 3rd (doubt he lasts that long) is Chukwuma Okorafor from my alma mater

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/31/chukwuma-okorafor-nfl-draft-profile/

mraynrand
04-13-2018, 04:54 PM
a guy i'd like to see us get in maybe the second or 3rd (doubt he lasts that long) is Chukwuma Okorafor from my alma mater

"his physical tools are only enhanced by his use of polished technique and awareness." Sounds like the anti-Outhouse.

red
04-14-2018, 11:04 AM
davenport ssems to be the trendy pick for us all over the web. heres my biggest concern with him

they say he's a big dominate pass rusher, but he only had 8.5 sacks on the year, which would be just ok if it was against top notch competition, but he did that all against bottom feeder competition. i swear i thought most of these teams were division II

Baylor
southern university
texas state (didn't even know that was a real thing)
Southern miss (we only know that name because bert frame went there)
North texas (wasn't this the college from that movie where kathy ireland is a kicker?)
rice (i heard of them)
UTEP (its like they are playing in a texas junior college league)
FIU (thats one of the other schools in miami)
UAB (heard of them in basketball, didn't know they had a football team)
Marshall
louisiana tech

so a pure pass rusher put up just 8.5 sacks against that "C" level talent. he should have been a man playing among boys with how highly people have him rated. i'd be much more impressed if that sack number was over 20

Bretsky
04-14-2018, 02:04 PM
davenport ssems to be the trendy pick for us all over the web. heres my biggest concern with him

they say he's a big dominate pass rusher, but he only had 8.5 sacks on the year, which would be just ok if it was against top notch competition, but he did that all against bottom feeder competition. i swear i thought most of these teams were division II

Baylor
southern university
texas state (didn't even know that was a real thing)
Southern miss (we only know that name because bert frame went there)
North texas (wasn't this the college from that movie where kathy ireland is a kicker?)
rice (i heard of them)
UTEP (its like they are playing in a texas junior college league)
FIU (thats one of the other schools in miami)
UAB (heard of them in basketball, didn't know they had a football team)
Marshall
louisiana tech

so a pure pass rusher put up just 8.5 sacks against that "C" level talent. he should have been a man playing among boys with how highly people have him rated. i'd be much more impressed if that sack number was over 20

AGREE RED; Davenport scares me. Whenever I hear upside combined with lack of production and might need to be coached up to develop I'm scared.

WE have ready made players. Still praying one of the FAB FIVE drops

EDMUNDS AND WARD .....I think they might be the Terrifice Two
Roquan Smith
James and Fitzpatrick

Rumors everywhere Buffalo, Miami, and Arizona are trying to trade up.

GOOD NEWS IF THEY DO...especially to a team that does NOT need a QB

MY DREAM SCENARIO................We're sitting at 14 with one of those guys left

GOOTER BLUFFS that somebody is moving ahead of Arizona.

AZ Trades up a pick to get a QB and we get another pick.

It's been done before

woodbuck27
04-14-2018, 02:23 PM

I've got him Ranked mid to end of Round Two

He was well recognized for his talents in 2017 red.

For Example in 2017 -as a Senior:

• FWAA First Team All-American

• Walter Camp Second Team All-American

• Sports Illustrated Second Team All-American

• CollegeFootballNews.com Honorable Mention All-American

• 1 of 6 semifinalists for Outland Trophy

• He started all 12 games at LT

• Registered 902 total plays - 835 offensive (team high), 67 special teams

• WMU ranked 21st in the nation rushing in 2017, averaging 224.8 yards per game - seven different players rushed for 26 touchdowns

• Earned fourth varsity letter

• Invited to play in Reese's Senior Bowl

• Named 2017 No. 4 Tackle to Watch headed into the season by Mel Kiper

Fritz
04-14-2018, 02:35 PM
AGREE RED; Davenport scares me. Whenever I hear upside combined with lack of production and might need to be coached up to develop I'm scared.

Roquan Smith
James and Fitzpatrick

MY DREAM SCENARIO................We're sitting at 14 with one of those guys left

It's been done before

I'm down with Bretsky and Red on Davenport. 8.5 sacks against the Southwest Texas Community Colleges of the world is not going to cut it in the NFL.

woodbuck27
04-14-2018, 02:42 PM

Roquan Smith
James and Fitzpatrick

It's been done before

Mae has scouted Marcus Davenport Vs Harold Landry at EDGE and says all day it's Landry over Davenport. Mae says that Davenport appears stiff to her and she loves Landry's athleticism. She says that with the correct attitude and maintaining or expanding good muscle and with proper Packer Coaching; Harold Landry is a solid Risk at NO. 14. That Pick (and an improved Pass Rush) helps take pressure off the ** weakend Packer Secondary.

** weakened ...I mean as in weaker that last Season !? Holy CRAP. I'm not happy to admit that's the case.

Will the Packer BRASS now PANIC with the NO. 14 Pick? That Pick has to be used to improve the Packers lousy Pass Rush. It's shameful what has happened to the Packer Defense because of indecision and poor management.

I don't mince my word because it's plainly obvious the neglect. Thank GOD Ted Thompson's history.

I'm really OK with EDGE Harold Landry. I can live with the Packers going with either WR Calvin Ridley (but I have some reservations there too)..... or CB Joshua Jackson who I rank slightly lower than ILB Rashaan Evans.

I know Packerrats won't buy into this but the football player Prospect that really excited Mae was ILB Rashaan EVANS (Alabama). Who wouldn't like this player on film. I actually rank his skills above Harold Landry's as the better pick at NO. 14 in Rd. 1. I have him being an ideal fit for the Pittsburgh Steelers Pick at NO.

red
04-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Mae has scouted Marcus Davenport Vs Harold Landry at EDGE and says all day it's Landry over Davenport. Mae says that Davenport appears stiff to her and she loves Landry's athleticism. She says that with the correct attitude and maintaining or expanding good muscle and with proper Packer Coaching; Harold Landry is a solid Risk at NO. 14. That Pick (and an improved Pass Rush) helps take pressure off the ** weakend Packer Secondary.

** weakened ...I mean as in weaker that last Season !? Holy CRAP. I'm not happy to admit that's the case.

Will the Packer BRASS now PANIC with the NO. 14 Pick? That Pick has to be used to improve the Packers lousy Pass Rush. It's shameful what has happened to the Packer Defense because of indecision and poor management.

I don't mince my word because it's plainly obvious the neglect. Thank GOD Ted Thompson's history.

I'm really OK with EDGE Harold Landry. I can live with the Packers going with either WR Calvin Ridley (but I have some reservations there too)..... or CB Joshua Jackson who I rank slightly lower than ILB Rashaan Evans.

I know Packerrats won't buy into this but the football player Prospect that really excited Mae was ILB Rashaan EVANS (Alabama). Who wouldn't like this player on film. I actually rank his skills above Harold Landry's as the better pick at NO. 14 in Rd. 1. I have him being an ideal fit for the Pittsburgh Steelers Pick at NO.

alabama defenders, especially the MLB's never seem to live up to the hype to me

i don't know. thats my big concern about evans

i think its easy to look good when your team has that much talent on the field and your coach is by far the best one in the game

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Davenport has plenty of talent, and I like his potential. I just don't think he's a 3-4 OLB. Watching him at the combine, he's not fluid in coverage. I like him as a 4-3 DE. He could play the elephant position though. He's more Nick Perry than Clay Matthews. I think that knocks down his value a little bit for us--enough that I wouldn't love the pick. If he's all we are left with, I'd rather trade back and pick Isaiah Oliver.

Bretsky
04-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Davenport has plenty of talent, and I like his potential. I just don't think he's a 3-4 OLB. Watching him at the combine, he's not fluid in coverage. I like him as a 4-3 DE. He could play the elephant position though. He's more Nick Perry than Clay Matthews. I think that knocks down his value a little bit for us--enough that I wouldn't love the pick. If he's all we are left with, I'd rather trade back and pick Isaiah Oliver.

ya..he's an undersized DE; you and I both love Isaiah Oliver

At one point I had him pegged as our round 2 pick

But I don't think he's getting out of round one

Really really like Edmunds; Ditto for Oliver
Wish there was a way to end up with both

red
04-14-2018, 04:42 PM
ya..he's an undersized DE; you and I both love Isaiah Oliver

At one point I had him pegged as our round 2 pick

But I don't think he's getting out of round one

Really really like Edmunds; Ditto for Oliver
Wish there was a way to end up with both

this is the time of year players keep jumping up the board for no reason

one mock thinks maybe one team could reach for a player, then a few more copy that idea, then another mock says, well if that teams willing to reach, then maybe this team will reach a bit more, then that mock is copied

pretty soon you have a bunch of mock drafts (most of whom only have a passing knowledge of football), who have 3rd round talent going in the middle of the 1st

woodbuck27
04-14-2018, 05:01 PM

i think its easy to look good when your team has that much talent on the field and your coach is by far the best one in the game

Yes I agree and factored that in there. The Alabama DL is a huge assist for ILB Rashaan Evans. I have him being picked by the Steelers.

pbmax
04-14-2018, 06:33 PM
How to Succeed With Josh Allen. Bonus positive mention of Bill O'Brien.

This guy doesn't think the accuracy issues are mechanical, but a result of slow processing of reads. Simplify your offense, get him comfortable and that will make up for his slower read and setup to throw. But hoo boy some of those clips make it look like he's going to get walloped while getting his trebuchet ready to throw.

https://www.ndtscouting.com/solak-the-path-to-success-with-josh-allen-at-1-overall/

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2018, 07:04 PM
Davenport is not a cover guy, but when do the Packers ask their rush end to cover? I mean I have seen him run with running backs out of the backfield on wheel routes so he can do it and he did a nice job of recognition. I have said my talking points on Davenport. I would rather the Packer go a different direction at 14 than Davenport or Landry, but out of the two I would take Davenport.

mraynrand
04-14-2018, 07:31 PM
But hoo boy some of those clips make it look like he's going to get walloped while getting his trebuchet ready to throw.

People said the same thing about Pete Townshend and see what happened...

Zool
04-14-2018, 07:41 PM
People said the same thing about Pete Townshend and see what happened...

He impaled his hand with a wammy

woodbuck27
04-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Could something like this cause his Draft Status to take a hit and result in him falling or is this to be interpreted as simply an isolated incident?

http://www.newbernsj.com/sports/20160229/football-hughes-no-longer-on-unc-football-team

Football: (Mike) Hughes no longer on UNC football team

Please note the date:

By Sun Journal Staff ...Posted Feb 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM ...Updated Feb 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM

call_me_ishmael
04-15-2018, 01:14 AM
The thing that I don't get is what's wrong with Davenport that he is going to be available at 14? How many 6'6" DEs with that size can run like he does? Even if he's green as grass, they still go very high in the draft. His comps on paper at Peppers, Williams, and Clowney. Obviously those people went at the top of the draft for a reason besides level of competition, so what does this fella lack?

Fritz
04-15-2018, 11:36 AM
Good competition.

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Would you consider this Prospect late in the Packers Draft? This is quite the story and OLB Prospect Shaquem Griffin, UCF, 6'2" and 229 lbs.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/shaquem-griffin/shaquem-griffin.html

One Heart

By Chase Goodbread | Jan. 22, 2018

red
04-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Comment woodbuck27:

Would you consider this Prospect late in the Packers Draft? This is quite the story and OLB Prospect Shaquem Griffin, UCF, 6'2" and 229 lbs.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/shaquem-griffin/shaquem-griffin.html

One Heart

By Chase Goodbread | Jan. 22, 2018

shaquem was the star of the combine, he's probably now going to go no later then the 3rd round. maybe even go in the 2nd

people keep doubting him because he's missing a hand. but the guy keeps proving hes a damn good tackler and at the combine he was catching the ball better then most of the other LBers there

Guiness
04-15-2018, 12:40 PM

Evans has been a fast climber, I've seen him ranked as high as top 20 on some boards, which I think is ridiculous.

Guiness
04-15-2018, 12:48 PM
The other guy I wonder about is Shaquon Barkley. Lots and lots of hype - sure Elliot and Fournette seem to be working out, but RB has a lot of busts at the top of the draft too. Richardson, Spiller, McFadden, Bush - lot of top 10 busts there too.

wist43
04-15-2018, 02:12 PM
A couple of Edge guys that should be on everyones radar...

Kemoko Turay, OLB, Rutgers...

6'3", 252 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCKAAD-i8AI

and Josh Sweat, DE/OLB, FSU

6' 4", 251 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_mHiPvSq4

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 02:41 PM
A couple of Edge guys that should be on everyones radar...

Kemoko Turay, OLB, Rutgers...

6'3", 252 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCKAAD-i8AI

and Josh Sweat, DE/OLB, FSU

6' 4", 251 lbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_mHiPvSq4

A.) Josh Sweat, (EDGE) - DE/OLB, FSU - 6' 4", 251 lbs Mid Second - Top Third Round Pick Prospect.

B.) Kemoko Turay - EDGE - Rutgers - 6'5" (253) I've got him as a Sixth Round Pick Prospect.

Question ?

Does that seem right to you wist43 ?

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have anything positive on this Prospect and Story. Maurice Hurst, Michigan - 6'1" - 292 ... fritz !?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/03/03/michigan-wolverines-maurice-hurst-heart-condition/392003002/

Report: Michigan's Maurice Hurst, draft hopeful, has heart condition

Nick Baumgardner and Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press Published 1:21 p.m. ET March 3, 2018 | Updated 4:32 p.m. ET March 3, 2018

" ... Former Michigan star defensive tackle Maurice Hurst is leaving the NFL Combine in Indianapolis after testing this week revealed a heart condition that will require more tests, per multiple reports.

ESPN's Adam Schefter originally reported that Hurst, an All-American at Michigan last season, will sit out drills this week after combine testing revealed a heart condition. ..."

" ...The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Hurst is headed home from Indianapolis and will undergo more tests throughout the week.... "

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Does anyone have anything positive on this Prospect and Story. Maurice Hurst, Michigan - 6'1" - 292 ... fritz !?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/03/03/michigan-wolverines-maurice-hurst-heart-condition/392003002/

Report: Michigan's Maurice Hurst, draft hopeful, has heart condition

Nick Baumgardner and Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press Published 1:21 p.m. ET March 3, 2018 | Updated 4:32 p.m. ET March 3, 2018

" ... Former Michigan star defensive tackle Maurice Hurst is leaving the NFL Combine in Indianapolis after testing this week revealed a heart condition that will require more tests, per multiple reports.

ESPN's Adam Schefter originally reported that Hurst, an All-American at Michigan last season, will sit out drills this week after combine testing revealed a heart condition. ..."

" ...The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Hurst is headed home from Indianapolis and will undergo more tests throughout the week.... "

OK I found this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/potential-first-rounder-maurice-hurst-cleared-to-play-football-despite-heart-condition/

Potential first-rounder Maurice Hurst cleared to play football despite heart condition

The Michigan defensive tackle skipped scouting combine drills after a heart issue surfaced

Cody Benjamin mugshot

by Cody Benjamin CBS Sports Writer Mar 22, 2018 •

The 22-year-old Wolverines standout skipped drills at the scouting combine after the condition was discovered, but Schefter said Hurst has received the green light to conduct a full workout at Michigan's pro day on Friday after meeting with cardiologists at his own school and from Harvard University.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Michigan’s potential first-round pick Mo Hurst has met with cardiologists at University of Michigan and Harvard, and they have cleared him to resume playing football, per league source. Hurst will do a full workout at Michigan's pro day on Friday.

2:29 PM - Mar 22, 2018

Before his diagnosis, Hurst was named one of this year's top 10 draft prospects on tape by CBS Sports' own Chris Trapasso, who also had the defensive lineman as one of his winners from the combine's weigh-in.

************************************************** ***********************************

Daniel Jeremiah says:: RANK 34 Overall - Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan 13

" ...Hurst is an undersized defensive tackle with exceptional quickness and awareness.

Against the pass, he has elite get-off. He explodes off the snap and has a collection of effective hand moves to generate pressure. His bread-and-butter move is a quick swipe before wrapping around the blocker and exploding toward the quarterback.

Against the run, he relies on his quickness to beat cut-off blocks and disrupt. Occasionally, he'll get stuck on blocks and is moved out of the hole. His effort is excellent. Hurst is an ideal 3-technique and could emerge as one of the best interior pass rushers in the league.

However, he was diagnosed with a heart condition at the NFL Scouting Combine and didn't participate in drills. ..."

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 03:47 PM
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/03/23/maurice-hurst-passes-michigan-pro-day-flying-colors/33212623/

Maurice Hurst passes Michigan Pro Day ‘with flying colors’

Angelique S. Chengelis, The Detroit News

Published 1:52 p.m. ET March 23, 2018 | Updated 4:28 p.m. ET March 23, 2018

" ... Former Michigan fullback Henry Poggi said because there were only two defensive linemen going through drills at pro day, Hurst was worked hard during the event.

“I think they tried to get him pretty tired, too, put the heart to the test,” Poggi said, laughing. “It looked like it passed with flying colors. He did well out there. It was good. Mo’s a special athlete. Whatever team gets him is going to be a really lucky one.

“It just stunk for him because he would have gone to the combine and done really well and the media would have blown it up. Pro day’s not as big of a stage as a combine. Hopefully he’ll still get his national recognition because he did a great job today.”

Hurst was the highest-graded player in the FBS last season by Pro Football Focus.

He was voted the Wolverines’ MVP and was the top defensive lineman. Obviously, he has an impressive resume. .... "

pbmax
04-15-2018, 03:48 PM
To ease poster pangs of not enough QB’s getting drafted high:

The Top Three Picks Will Likely Be Quarterbacks For Just The Third Time: http://www.footballperspective.com/the-top-three-picks-will-likely-be-quarterbacks-for-just-the-third-time/

George Cumby
04-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Just say “No” to FSU edge/DE’s.

red
04-15-2018, 04:22 PM
To ease poster pangs of not enough QB’s getting drafted high:

The Top Three Picks Will Likely Be Quarterbacks For Just The Third Time: http://www.footballperspective.com/the-top-three-picks-will-likely-be-quarterbacks-for-just-the-third-time/

i saw one mock yesterday that now has 6 qb's going in the first

red
04-15-2018, 04:23 PM
A.) Josh Sweat, (EDGE) - DE/OLB, FSU - 6' 4", 251 lbs Mid Second - Top Third Round Pick Prospect.

B.) Kemoko Turay - EDGE - Rutgers - 6'5" (253) I've got him as a Sixth Round Pick Prospect.

Question ?

these guys have him rated very high

http://www.draftace.com/2018-edge-defenders/

but i agree with george

just say no to FSU

wist43
04-15-2018, 04:32 PM

Question ?

For Turay, I think the question is health... think he's had some shoulder probs in the past. If he's healthy I'd say he's no worse than a 3rd round pick - probably 2nd round.

As for Sweat, 3rd round seems about right... he's long, and has some bend to him - easy to like those qualities.

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 08:55 AM
For Turay, I think the question is health... think he's had some shoulder probs in the past. If he's healthy I'd say he's no worse than a 3rd round pick - probably 2nd round.

As for Sweat, 3rd round seems about right... he's long, and has some bend to him - easy to like those qualities.

I've got EDGE Josh Sweat - Florida State - 6'5" and 251 lbs. at DRAFTTEK and Overall NO. 65 today or possibly in Round Two.

AND

** EDGE Kemoko Turay - Rutgers - 6'5" and 253 lbs. Ranked overall at DRAFTTEK @ Overall NO. 177 today.

** https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/13/17235822/kemoko-turay-olb-rutgers-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report

Kemoko Turay's Hamstring Injury:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/03/nfl_draft_2018_kemoko_turay_limited_to_bench_press .html

call_me_ishmael
04-16-2018, 01:15 PM
I would not be the least bit disappointed if the first three picks were Landry/Davenport, Turay, and Sweat. Stock up on pass rushers, line up them hungry dogs all over the field on 3rd down, and make it happen.

You know what you call unbalanced teams that have too many pass rushers? Winners.

woodbuck27
04-16-2018, 03:30 PM
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2018/03/26/josh-jackson-iowa-pro-day-40-yard-dash-nfl-draft-chad-leistikow-josey-jewell/458027002/

Blair Sanderson@BlairRIVALS

CB Prospect Josh Jackson - Iowa Pro Day Results ...6003, 188 lbs

4.52 & 4.54 Forty ( on two attempts )

3.95 shuttle; 40.0” vertical; 10’2” broad jump ... https://rvls.co/IAProDay18

3:06 PM - Mar 26, 2018

For CB Joshua Jackson, the uptick in measured speed could be worth hundreds of thousands — even millions — of dollars. It's a stop-watch position.

According to Spotrac.com, which does a great job tracking NFL salaries, the No. 14 pick owned by the Green Bay Packers — middle first round — will merit a contract worth roughly $13.8 million (including $8.1 million guaranteed).

run pMc
04-16-2018, 06:00 PM
I would not be the least bit disappointed if the first three picks were Landry/Davenport, Turay, and Sweat. Stock up on pass rushers, line up them hungry dogs all over the field on 3rd down, and make it happen.

You know what you call unbalanced teams that have too many pass rushers? Winners.

That would be a lot of reaching if those were your R1-3 picks -- Turay and Sweat are listed as Day 3 picks most places, and some think Landry might slide out of the top 20 (I don't). I definitely like the idea of bringing in a bunch of young athletic pass rushers, but I'd be surprised if they don't go with either a DB or offensive skill player within the first 3 rounds.

pbmax
04-16-2018, 06:29 PM
I want to be baffled by two players I had not even heard of in the first three rounds. I don't even want to recognize the school.

Unless its the Colorado School of Mines.

Then watch the board self-immolate.

Harvey have one kid on his spreadsheet as ridiculously athletic.

SPARQ have the other kid in Top 3 at position.

Watch reports trickle out that teams actually rated these guys higher (Belichick comment, picture of Jerry Jones draft board, Shefter Tweet, King MMQB tidbit).

Two players develop into Pro Bowlers in three years time.

mraynrand
04-16-2018, 06:56 PM
I want to be baffled by two players I had not even heard of in the first three rounds. ...

I want a repeat of the 1981 49ers backfield draft. Plus a pass rusher. Not asking for much, but we are due for a 2000-like draft.

wist43
04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
That would be a lot of reaching if those were your R1-3 picks -- Turay and Sweat are listed as Day 3 picks most places, and some think Landry might slide out of the top 20 (I don't). I definitely like the idea of bringing in a bunch of young athletic pass rushers, but I'd be surprised if they don't go with either a DB or offensive skill player within the first 3 rounds.

I like Turay over Sweat, assuming he's healthy.

I think he's a very instinctive, athletic OLB.

Let's say Ward or Fitzpatrick dropped to us - I'd be fine with Turay in the 3rd. I think his stock might rise enough though that it might take our 2nd to get him.

How's this for a 3 round mock...

Rd 1) Ward
Rd 2) Chark
Rd 3) Turay

???

As of now, I think I'd be happy with those picks.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Forget about all those other edge guys. I want Oklahoma's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

What round do I want him in? I assume, given the complete lack of talk about him, that either he is destined to be a Steeler OR he's a Day 3 pick because of some terrible injury history.

mraynrand
04-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Forget about all those other edge guys. I want Oklahoma's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

What round do I want him in? I assume, given the complete lack of talk about him, that either he is destined to be a Steeler OR he's a Day 3 pick because of some terrible injury history.

I hate you

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2018, 10:32 AM
If the Packers went and drafted Isaiah Oliver with the 14th pick I would be ok with it. I know the guy is listed as a late first or second round guy, but I think he is talented enough to plug and play.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 12:24 PM
If the Packers went and drafted Isaiah Oliver with the 14th pick I would be ok with it. I know the guy is listed as a late first or second round guy, but I think he is talented enough to plug and play.

Daniel Jeremiah has Hughes (15th overall) and Alexander (16th) ranked ahead. You like either of those?

Jackson is #26, he has Oliver at #32.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Packers would have to draft him if he played DB.

call_me_ishmael
04-17-2018, 02:10 PM
My preference in this draft is still do the no brainer and draft Roquan Smith aka Pat Willis. Trade up to #10 to get him if needed.

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2018, 02:23 PM
Daniel Jeremiah has Hughes (15th overall) and Alexander (16th) ranked ahead. You like either of those?

I think the Packers have the biggest need at cornerback. I would take any of those guys at 14 and at least be content, especially if Ward, Fitzpatrick, Smith, James, Edmunds, Chubb, Nelson are all gone.

woodbuck27
04-17-2018, 03:43 PM
See Next Post # 599 ... somehow this became a double Post.

woodbuck27
04-17-2018, 03:43 PM

I just checked and it changes a lot:

Daniel Jeremiah has it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Mike Hughes at NO. 16 - Hughes is a fluid, agile cornerback prospect with the versatility to play inside or outside. He has good size and excels in press coverage, where he incorporates a two-hand jam and rarely allows a free release. He has very quick feet. He redirects and mirrors opponents with ease. From off coverage, Hughes has a fluid pedal and shows some pop out of his plant/drive. He's rarely out of phase in coverage, but when he is, he has the speed to recover. His ball awareness is excellent. He isn't a physical tackler, but he goes low and gets the ball carrier on the ground. Hughes did have an off-the-field issue at his previous school (North Carolina). Overall, Hughes is an outstanding cover cornerback and he's ready to start right away at the next level.

Joshua Jackson atNO. 18 - Jackson has good size for the position and I love his versatility to play inside and outside. He was deployed in a variety of coverages in Iowa's scheme and was effective in all of them. In press coverage, he isn't physical, but he's very fluid to open up and mirror. I have some concerns about his deep speed, but he wasn't really challenged in the games I studied. He is at his best in zone coverage, where he sees through the wideout to the quarterback. He's quick to identify routes, break on the ball and finish. He has rare ball skills, which creates some spectacular picks. He's an effective wrap/drag tackler in the run game. Overall, Jackson might lack ideal twitch and deep speed, but his combination of size and ball skills is outstanding. He is a plug-and-play starter.

Jaire Alexander at NO. 23 - Alexander is a tough, instinctive cornerback prospect. He spent the majority of his time on the outside He's excellent in press coverage. He consistently re-routes his opponent with a quick two-hand jam. His route recognition, throw anticipation and ball awareness are elite. He collected several pass breakups in every game I studied. He's very willing in run support and provides some big hits. Overall, Alexander lacks ideal fluidity, but I love his instincts, swagger and ball skills.

Isaiah Oliver at NO. 36 - Oliver has excellent size, length and speed for the position. He's at his best in press coverage. He shoots his hands and re-routes wide receivers before staying on their hip down the field. He has plenty of speed to carry vertical routes. From off coverage, he has some stiffness when he has to open up and change directions. He has good ball awareness down the field (see: pass breakup against UCLA). I love his aggressiveness and physicality in the running game. He fights through blocks and he's a reliable tackler in space. Oliver has the ideal skill set to thrive as a press cornerback at the next level. He needs to improve his flexibility and transition movement in off coverage.

pbmax
04-17-2018, 03:59 PM
^ Its been updated three times total, first post was January:

Jan 23: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Sometime in between Jan and April: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919918/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20

April 4: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924797/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-30

Oliver is #32 in the April edition.

woodbuck27
04-17-2018, 04:04 PM
https://imagecomposer.nfl.com/?l=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2018/04/17/0ap3000000926919.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

Is this really the Guy you want behind Center?

C R U N C H !

woodbuck27
04-17-2018, 04:07 PM
https://imagecomposer.nfl.com/?l=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2018/04/17/0ap3000000926919.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

Is this really the Guy you want behind Center?

C R U N C H !

http://www.nfl.com/videos/move-the-sticks/0ap3000000926860/Move-the-Sticks-Best-of-Josh-Rosen-360

Reports are indicating that QB Prospect Josh Rosen is now falling on Draft Boards.

jklowan
04-17-2018, 04:13 PM
How's this for a 3 round mock...

Rd 1) Ward
Rd 2) Chark
Rd 3) Turay

I hate that...

If Edmunds is gone, I want this I think - CB, Oliver (after a trade down with the PATS to 23)/WR, Chark & Edge, Key (with the extra 2nd for the trade down, who I think will be the best edge rusher in this class)/T, Oneil

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2018, 09:50 PM

I'm with you. Oliver is probably my #2 CB behind Ward. The rankings would say it's a reach, but I think he'll go higher than most expect. There were a few CBs that stood out to me. A few of them were nickel CBs who were too short for Thompson. We'll see what Gute's requirements are. Ward is the clear #1 for me, but Oliver stood out. I also like the Wisconsin kid, Nick Nelson. Michael Joseph and Brandon Facyson are later round picks that I like.

wist43
04-17-2018, 10:16 PM
I like Oliver too... Okoronkwo seems to be dropping, would okay with him too.

Don't like any Wr's in the 1st.

So far I'd be okay with Ward, Fitz, James, Oliver, Landry, Okoronkwo, Smith (like him as a player, but think he offers least bang for the buck based on his position), DJ Moore

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 12:11 AM
I like Oliver too... Okoronkwo seems to be dropping, would okay with him too.

Don't like any Wr's in the 1st.

So far I'd be okay with Ward, Fitz, James, Oliver, Landry, Okoronkwo, Smith (like him as a player, but think he offers least bang for the buck based on his position), DJ Moore

I think you are crazy for not adding Edmunds to the list.

I think if they were within reach I'd trade up for Edmunds, Smith, or Ward

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2018, 01:04 AM

If Ward or Edmunds fell to #10 or #11, I'd look to trade up, but I don't think they'll get past #8. I wouldn't trade up for Smith.

wist43
04-18-2018, 03:05 AM

I was assuming he'd be long gone... I like Moore if we trade back.

Smith would necessarily replace Ryan in the middle... won't offer pass rush or versatility. Love him as a player, but don't think he does enough to make us better at more than 1 spot.

Suppose you draft Landry or Edmunds. You improve 2 spots, rush end, and the middle b/c you can move Matthews there in a 4-2 alignment.

Deputy Nutz
04-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Please stop talking about moving Matthews to the middle. If that is the case cut him because he makes too much money for what he will offer the Packers.

Smith will be able to cover, which the Packers haven't had a linebacker capable of covering anyone in a decade. He will offer pass rush from all over the field, no he would play OLB for the packers but he can line up in the slot and blitz off the edge, he can blitz from the middle.

IF IF IF..... its the draft and all but he will make the defense much better from day one.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 10:59 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-this-class-will-provide-wave-of-the-future-at-the-linebacker-position/

2018 NFL Draft: This class will provide wave of the future at the linebacker position

Tremaine Edmunds and Leighton Vander Esch don't look or play like other top linebacker prospects

Chris Trapasso mugshot by Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso

CBSSports.com Feb 14, 2018 • 5 min read

" ... Roquan Smith is the consensus top linebacker in the 2018 NFL Draft class. But will he be the first linebacker taken? Will he have the best career of his contemporaries?

Now, playing in the 220-230 pound range is the new norm. Coverage ability has never been more vital at LBer and prospects lacking sideline-to-sideline speed typically fall to the middle or late rounds of the draft. The smaller but quicker speedsters go early.

Alabama's Rashaan Evans is an old-school linebacker with some new-age flair. He's not a plodder by any stretch but is likely to measure in around 6-foot-2 and 235-240 pounds. His film is loaded with devastating hits between the tackles, textbook block-shedding, and quick run-play recognition.

Roquan Smith is a supercharged version of Rashaan Evans, with more explosive athleticism and the comparable ability to avoid blocks and beat blocks to excel against the run. He's also a fluid mover in coverage, which is vital. He had 137 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and two pass breakups in his final year at Georgia. To me -- and many others -- Smith's the owner of finest linebacker film in the class. The Butkus Award winner is fast to sink into his zone and can run with backs down the field.

Virginia Tech's Tremaine Edmunds and Boise State's Leighton Vander Esch represent the next wave, the latest "creation" at the linebacker spot at the professional level.

Both are around 6-4 and 250 pounds and move like they're at least two inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter. Their strides are almost unfathomably long, which leads to tremendous range toward the perimeter and when running in coverage.

While neither possess the refined block-shedding ability or lightning-fast play diagnosing skills of Smith or Evans, in college, it didn't matter. They devoured ball-carriers and held up in coverage simply because of their outrageous athletic gifts at their mammoth size. At times in the NFL, their lack of polish will likely hurt them. However, how often will that be with the league appearing more and more like a 7-on-7 passing camp each season? .."

George Cumby
04-18-2018, 02:16 PM
I want to be baffled by two players I had not even heard of in the first three rounds. I don't even want to recognize the school.

Watch reports trickle out that teams actually rated these guys higher (Belichick comment, picture of Jerry Jones draft board, Shefter Tweet, King MMQB tidbit).

Those days are gone my friend. We will see how much of Ted is in Guts.

denverYooper
04-18-2018, 04:54 PM

I thought I saw TT having a beer at the Golden City Brewery.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 05:02 PM

Daniel Jeremiah's TOP 50 has:

RANK NO.3 - Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech - 6' 4" and 253 lbs

" ...Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. [B]Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler.

He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve.

Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers.

He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous. ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

I have him at least, as 'a long shot' possibility to be available at Pick NO. 14.

I'd give better odds of Safety's Minkah Fitzpatrick - Alabama and Derwin James - Florida State being available at NO. 14.

If the Packers don't trade down or use their NO. 14 Pick:

It looks like a solid bet that they choose their favourite CB.

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 06:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926622/article/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-could-slide-colts-looking-to-trade

2018 NFL Draft: Josh Rosen could slide; Colts looking to trade

By Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Published: April 16, 2018 at 12:27 p.m. Updated: April 16, 2018 at 02:59 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Some interesting commentary here and also, the Cowboys options to replace Dez Bryant at WR. Why?

The Packers have a serious need and finding a WR or CB (BPA) at Pick NO. 45 and especially so, if they elect to address Pass Rush at Pick NO. 14 in Round 1.

Today on the NFL Network they actually came up with a scenario where the Packers trade all the way up to Tampa Bay at NO.7 to pick EDGE Marcus Davenport. These Guys enjoy playing around. :huh:

I highlight the best possible picks as I'm seeing it today and the Packers options and WR at Pick NO. 45. You may be 'in love' with others.

Route runners

Calvin Ridley, Alabama
Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
DaeSean Hamilton, Penn State
Deontay Burnett, USC
Jordan Lasley, UCLA

Big receivers/red-zone threats

Courtland Sutton, SMU
Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame
Auden Tate, Florida State
Allen Lazard, Iowa State
Marcell Ateman, Oklahoma State

Chain movers

D.J. Moore, Maryland
Michael Gallup, Colorado State
Dante Pettis, Washington
Cedrick Wilson, Boise State
Tre'Quan Smith, UCF

Big-play threats

James Washington, Oklahoma State
Deon Cain, Clemson
D.J. Chark, LSU
Antonio Callaway, Florida
Anthony Miller, Memphis

woodbuck27
04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudNZ_xoudI

wist43
04-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Please stop talking about moving Matthews to the middle. If that is the case cut him because he makes too much money for what he will offer the Packers.

Smith will be able to cover, which the Packers haven't had a linebacker capable of covering anyone in a decade. He will offer pass rush from all over the field, no he would play OLB for the packers but he can line up in the slot and blitz off the edge, he can blitz from the middle.

IF IF IF..... its the draft and all but he will make the defense much better from day one.

I don't want to move Matthews to the middle as in make him an ILB.

But assuming Pettine runs a 4-2 nickel base as his primary "sub"-package... in the middle with Martinez is where Matthews belongs. Just b/c he's initially lined up in the middle, doesn't mean you can't move him around and blitz him from just about anywhere.

You're not goi my to have him put his hand in the dirt.

This alignment is why an edge rusher like Landry makes sense.

If Pettine goes with a 3-3, then you can move guys all over the place.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2018, 08:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927113/article/nfl-draft-four-prospects-who-could-be-surprise-firstrounders

Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

He probably has gotten the least attention among the clump of borderline late-first/early-second round cornerbacks behind top prospect Denzel Ward. Oliver isn't a particularly "sudden" athlete, but the former high school track star's length and long speed (4.50-second 40-dash dash) are intriguing to press-man teams.

"He's tall (6-1) and he's got long arms (33 1/2 inches), he's got good range," one scout said. "He kind of plays like Rod Woodson did back in the day, where he's tough and he'll hit. He's a young kid. He's only 21. He's got a bunch of opportunity to grow and get better, too."

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 08:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927113/article/nfl-draft-four-prospects-who-could-be-surprise-firstrounders

a genius just draft him in the PR draft

Now go make your dam pick to end round one :)))

wist43
04-18-2018, 08:30 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Oliver were a first rounder... the other 3 mentioned in the article would though.

Bretsky
04-18-2018, 08:33 PM
I could see Hurst and Oliver....

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 07:09 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Oliver were a first rounder... the other 3 mentioned in the article would though.

+1

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 07:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWAy4nwjxd8

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za_mxKGnyrk

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 08:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7zfLNwicFs

Go to 32:00 and 35:20 (** specifically **) ..to see a Three Draft Position Trade up;

the ** 3rd involves the Green Bay Packers **.

Bretsky
04-19-2018, 09:50 PM

This list really seems to be tier one and then a dropoff after. SO LET"S ASK THE REAL QUESTION....DREAMWORLD

HOW DO WE GET A ELITE OLB in EDMUNDS and EITHER OLIVER, HUGHES, JACKSON, or ALEXANDER ??????????????

pbmax
04-20-2018, 04:44 PM
This list really seems to be tier one and then a dropoff after. SO LET"S ASK THE REAL QUESTION....DREAMWORLD

HOW DO WE GET A ELITE OLB in EDMUNDS and EITHER OLIVER, HUGHES, JACKSON, or ALEXANDER ??????????????

I think they might get lucky to get one elite prospect (someone falls or they trade up) but then its a crap shoot on the second. But the team does a good job in the second round so it shouldn't be impossible to hit on two. I am actually more worried about Round 1 pick.

pbmax
04-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Eric Edholm @Eric_Edholm
Savage:
Minkah Fitzpatrick showed up to a team visit in sportcoat and carried himself like a 4-5 year pro.

PEOPLE ARE VERY WEIRD ABOUT THIS PROCESS. THEY REMEMBER THAT AL DAVIS AND OTHERS WOULD LOCK THESE GUYS IN HOTELS TO KEEP THEM FROM SEEING OTHER TEAMS, RIGHT?

Tom Gower @ThomasGower
Bob McGinn scout quotes on top TEs:
Guy 1: "doesn't block"
Guy 2: "He'll have to learn how to block more"
Guy 3: "He wouldn't block me"
Guy 4: "allergic to blocking"
Guy 5: "He won't block"

THOSE ARE THE FIVE HIGHEST RANKED TEs IN BOB'S DRAFT SPECIAL. HIS SCOUT IS A BROKEN RECORD WITH A BAD SCOUTING TEMPLATE

Joemailman
04-20-2018, 05:20 PM

That would be tough. I could see the Bears taking Edmunds at #8. Would probably have to sacrifice 2nd round pick to move ahead of the Bears.

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2018, 06:00 PM

There are about 5 corners that the Packers could get with the 14th pick. The Packers would be thrilled to get Ward or Fitzpatrick with the 14th pick, but there is about a 20% chance of that happening.

Jackson, Alexander, Hughes, Oliver are the other options, but these are the 2 tier guys. The hope for Packer fans is that the Packers can get top tier talent with the 14th pick. The Packers might miss the boat on Tier 1 guys at the biggest position of need on defense, accept for maybe linebacker, or defensive line. Smith and Edmunds could be gone, Chubb will be gone by 14, and Davenport could be gone, but Davenport is a 2 tier pass rusher along with Landry.

The best chance at a tier 1 prospect at 14 will come at receiver, and linebacker. James would be the best athlete in the draft but crazy chance of him falling to the Packers even with 5 QBs possibly going before 14.

Corner has the strongest 2nd tier for position of need for the Packers. I really don't see a whole lot of difference between Jackson, Oliver, Hughes. Different attributes and weaknesses but all could be great, or all could bust at 14. If it was an exact science then every pick would hit. Pass rushers have the shallowest tier 1 with just Chubb, tier 2 isn't much deeper.

woodbuck27
04-21-2018, 12:21 AM
There are about 5 corners that the Packers could get with the 14th pick. The Packers would be thrilled to get Ward or Fitzpatrick with the 14th pick, but there is about a 20% chance of that happening.

Jackson, Alexander, Hughes, Oliver are the other options, but these are the 2 tier guys. The hope for Packer fans is that the Packers can get top tier talent with the 14th pick. The Packers might miss the boat on Tier 1 guys at the biggest position of need on defense, accept for maybe linebacker, or defensive line. Smith and Edmunds could be gone, Chubb will be gone by 14, and Davenport could be gone, but Davenport is a 2 tier pass rusher along with Landry.

The best chance at a tier 1 prospect at 14 will come at receiver, and linebacker. James would be the best athlete in the draft but crazy chance of him falling to the Packers even with 5 QBs possibly going before 14.

Corner has the strongest 2nd tier for position of need for the Packers. I really don't see a whole lot of difference between Jackson, Oliver, Hughes. Different attributes and weaknesses but all could be great, or all could bust at 14. If it was an exact science then every pick would hit. Pass rushers have the shallowest tier 1 with just Chubb, tier 2 isn't much deeper.

So why Not trade down from Pick NO. 14?

Fritz
04-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Or trade up to get that elite pass rusher that this team is dying for.

Edmunds? Chubb?

woodbuck27
04-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Or trade up to get that elite pass rusher that this team is dying for.

Edmunds? Chubb?The cost would be too high considering the degree of need now to upgrade the Roster.

For EXAMPLE USING THIS Draft Trade Chart from DRAFTTEK and as a scenario that is likely expecting a lot and Chubb falls to Pick NO. 4 and Cleveland:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

The cost would be 700 Points and the Browns would get Packers Pick NO. 14 and in addition Packers Picks NO.45 and 76 and 138 and in return The Browns will give the Packers their 7th Round Picks in 2019 and 2020.

That's 3 of your next 5 Picks gone, including your next two Rounds, Two and Three Picks gone; and in addition your Pick at the TOP of Round Five ... gone.

Given the age of LB Clay Matthews III (31 Years) and the injury History of LB Nick Perry (Age 28) and the shape the Packers are in at DB and WR.

Would you make this Trade UP Fritz?

woodbuck27
04-21-2018, 02:20 PM
I want to post this Ranking of Wide Receivers in this Draft simply as something to keep in mind. Draft Analysts seem to be sticking to Calvin Ridley as he's considered the most outstanding Route Runner but he has to get off the line and into gear (Size and strength!?).:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/wide-receivers/

RK PLAYER SCHOOL YEAR POS POS RK HT WT

5 Courtland Sutton Southern Methodist Soph WR 1 6-3 218

19 James Washington Oklahoma St. Sr WR 2 5-11 213

32 Michael Gallup Colorado St. Sr WR 3 6-1 205

38 Marcell Ateman Oklahoma St. Sr WR 4 6-4 220

44 Anthony Miller Memphis Sr WR 5 5-11 190

46 Calvin Ridley Alabama Jr WR 6 6-0 189

58 Tre'Quan Smith UCF Jr WR 7 6-1 210

Please click on the LINK above for the rest of the WR's Ranked.

woodbuck27
04-21-2018, 02:32 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/video/anthony-averett-joins-reiters-block/

CB Anthony Averett || as a solid Possibility in Round Two and the Packers Pick NO. 45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIGqOGE5Lo

Here are his 2016 Season Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-JMoV_QUUI

Anthony Averett (Alabama CB) vs Georgia - 2018 National Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47N4pff1ioE

red
04-22-2018, 12:30 PM
just watching to videos of Dante Pettis, WR from washington

guy looks damn good

and i got one site that has him as the best WR in the draft

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 03:32 PM

guy looks damn good

WR -Dante Pettis, Washington - 6'1" and 192 .

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dante-pettis%20?id=32462018-0002-5600-2051-0c2c04e04ebb

Dante Pettis GRADE at NFL.com = 5.71

Pettis family has some athletic prowess. Dante's father, Gary, played 11 seasons of major league baseball for four teams, winning five Gold Gloves as a center fielder. His older cousin, Austin, was Boise State's all-time leading receiver before playing in the NFL for four seasons with the St. Louis Rams.

He ranked seventh in the FBS with 15 touchdown receptions and garnered second-team All-Pac-12 honors with 53 catches for 822 yards. His increased role on offense did not prevent him from making plays as a punt returner for the third straight season (25 att., 287 yards, two TD, ranked 10th in the FBS with 11.5 yards per return).

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 05:07 PM

guy looks damn good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDIp3yNDmjU

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 11:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927595/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-30

Mike Mayock's 2018 NFL Draft position rankings 3.0

By Mike Mayock ...NFL Media draft analyst

Published: April 20, 2018 at 07:00 a.m.

" Mike Mayock unveils the third and final of his position-by-position rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft."

Edge rusher

1. Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
2. Marcus Davenport, UTSA
3. Harold Landry, Boston College
4. Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
5. Rasheem Green, USC

Rise: Green (NR)
Fall: Arden Key, LSU (T-5), Sam Hubbard, Ohio State (T-5)

Wide receiver

1. DJ Moore, Maryland
2. Calvin Ridley, Alabama
3. Courtland Sutton, SMU
4. Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
T-5. James Washington, Oklahoma State
T-5. Anthony Miller, Memphis

Rise: Moore (2), Sutton (4), Washington (NR)
Fall: Ridley (1), Kirk (3), Sutton (3), DJ Chark, LSU (T-5)

Cornerback

1. Denzel Ward, Ohio State
2. Jaire Alexander, Louisville
3. Mike Hughes, UCF
4. Isaiah Oliver, Colorado
T-5. Donte Jackson, LSU
T-5. Josh Jackson, Iowa

Rise: Hughes (4), Oliver (5), Donte Jackson (NR)
Fall: Josh Jackson (3)

Safety

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
2. Derwin James, Florida State
3. Ronnie Harrison, Alabama
4. Justin Reid, Stanford
5. Jessie Bates III, Wake Forest

Rise: Reid (5)
Fall: Bates (4)

Interior OL

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2. James Daniels, Iowa
3. Billy Price, Ohio State
4. Will Hernandez, UTEP
T-5. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia
T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas
T-5. Austin Corbett, Nevada

Rise: Daniels (3), Price (T-5), Corbett (NR)
Fall: Wynn (2)

Linebacker

1. Roquan Smith, Georgia
2. Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
3. Rashaan Evans, Alabama
4. Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
5. Uchenna Nwosu, USC

Rise: Smith (2), Evans (4)
Fall: Edmunds (1), Vander Esch (3)

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 11:40 PM
https://gbnreport.com/2018-wr-ranking/

2018 WR Ranking

April 22, 2018 9:55 AM

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 11:45 PM

guy looks damn good

WR Dante Pettis, Washington is now Ranked at #7 WR here and between #6 Anthony Miller,Memphis and #8 James Washington, Oklahoma State:

https://gbnreport.com/2018-wr-ranking/

RashanGary
04-22-2018, 11:48 PM
Wouldn’t be the worst thing to draft quinton Nelson, G, Notre Dame either. In that case, i’d cut Bulaga because we’d be set with Bahktiari, Taylor, Lindsley, Nelson..... and then I’d have a battle for that RT spot. Whoever it is doesnt even have to be great, just a solid player cuz he’ll be playing next to a really good one.

woodbuck27
04-23-2018, 12:22 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

What does the Ole Guy Have to say?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926642/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Hot 150: Gil Brandt's top-ranked prospects for 2018 NFL Draft

By Gil Brandt ... NFL Media senior analyst

Published: April 16, 2018 at 12:04 p.m. Updated: April 18, 2018 at 03:28 p.m.

RANK # 12 -Marcus Davenport - DE - School: Texas-San Antonio | Year: Senior

Davenport will get better every year and has a chance to become a good pass rusher in the NFL. He's very athletic and has good character and excellent work habits.

RANK # 36 - Harold Landry - Edge - School: Boston College | Year: Senior

Landry played in just eight games in 2017 because of an ankle injury, but in '16, he set a school record with 16.5 sacks. Since 2014, only three college players have posted three career three-sack games: Landry and past first-round picks Derek Barnett and Myles Garrett. The athletic Landry has outstanding pass-rush ability when healthy -- he has the speed and quickness to excel in that role in the NFL.

RANK # 40 - Frank Ragnow - C - School: Arkansas | Year: Senior

An ankle injury cost him the last five games of the season and required surgery. He's a tough, hard-working player who played both guard and center at Arkansas. I wish he was faster in the cone drill (8.04). Still, he'll be a starter by Year 2.

RANK #42 -Tyrell Crosby - G - School: Oregon | Year: Senior

Crosby missed most of 2016 with an injury but was named Pac-12 Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2017, when he did not allow a sack. He has very long arms (35 1/4 inches) and big hands (10 3/4 inches), but he needs to get stronger. He has the toughness and mental acuity to be very good in the NFL.

RANK #43 - Carlton Davis - CB -School: Auburn | Year: Junior

He'll most likely be best as a press corner because of his size (6-foot-1, 203 pounds), long arms and strength. Davis played well in 2017 and had 33 passes defensed in his three-year career. He ran faster at his pro day than he did at the combine, but I would have liked to have seen better marks in the short shuttle (4.31) and cone drills (7.30).

RANK #48 - Ronnie Harrison - S -School: Alabama | Year: Junior

The well-coached Harrison will tackle with power, though difficulty changing directions will hurt him at the next level. He never ran the short shuttle or cone drill but did post a 4.63 - 40 at his pro day, and he finished with seven career interceptions.

RANK # 49 - Justin Reid - S - School: Stanford | Year: Junior

Reid enjoyed an excellent 2017, posting 99 tackles and five interceptions (including picks of Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen). He seemed to improve each year at Stanford and should be able to cover well, thanks to his speed (4.40 S - 40). His brother is former first-round pick Eric Reid.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Wouldn’t be the worst thing to draft quinton Nelson, G, Notre Dame either. In that case, i’d cut Bulaga because we’d be set with Bahktiari, Taylor, Lindsley, Nelson..... and then I’d have a battle for that RT spot. Whoever it is doesnt even have to be great, just a solid player cuz he’ll be playing next to a really good one.

If he is there and all the top shelf defensive players are off the board he would be a no brainer. Heck even if it was between him and Smith, or Edmunds it's at least a coin flip. The Packers have holes on their offensive line, and if it wasn't for such a shitty defense it would be the biggest need for the Packers

pbmax
04-23-2018, 07:43 AM
If he is there and all the top shelf defensive players are off the board he would be a no brainer. Heck even if it was between him and Smith, or Edmunds it's at least a coin flip. The Packers have holes on their offensive line, and if it wasn't for such a shitty defense it would be the biggest need for the Packers

Probably one reason that Evans isn't re-signed. He wants more than bargain basement money, Packer might be hoping to get lucky and fill the spot in the draft.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Risky to fill that spot with any thing less than a 1st round pick. Run the draft, if you get a couple of rookies for the offensive line then you could forget about Evans, but I would like to see them sign him to a one year deal. They have no depth on that line.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 09:28 AM
Risky to fill that spot with any thing less than a 1st round pick. Run the draft, if you get a couple of rookies for the offensive line then you could forget about Evans, but I would like to see them sign him to a one year deal. They have no depth on that line.

I basically agree, though if Harv is right and there are 5-7 starting caliber Guards in this draft, they likely will be able to stretch that past the first round.

However, I think Evans shares your opinion and is asking for starter money, similar to last year while the Packers would prefer something closer to vet minimum. And both are willing to wait. I think Evans will come back to GB unless they get exactly what they want in the draft at Guard. And that probably means two guys who can play it.

mraynrand
04-23-2018, 10:14 AM

If no one improves (Spriggs or Murphy) then they have shit for starting RT and Lane Taylor is their best backup tackle. Can't depend on Ulrick John or McCray out there. But you probably could find a serviceable guard from among McCray, Patrick, Amichia and that other stiff...oh yeah Pankey...

Just seems like a waste to blow a pick on a guard when you need an outstanding player elsewhere, including, most likely, at right tackle.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 10:43 AM
If no one improves (Spriggs or Murphy) then they have shit for starting RT and Lane Taylor is their best backup tackle. Can't depend on Ulrick John or McCray out there. But you probably could find a serviceable guard from among McCray, Patrick, Amichia and that other stiff...oh yeah Pankey...

Just seems like a waste to blow a pick on a guard when you need an outstanding player elsewhere, including, most likely, at right tackle.

I bet its part of the calculation, but I wonder if at some point Ted or Ted simulacrum says "its hard enough to draft good players, lets not compare the Guard to the Tackle hopefuls on the roster".

I think you need to do BPA in this case and if you land on Nelson, hope the very good Guard helps the so-so Tackle spot. Given their track record of drafting all Tackles all the time, I wonder how high Nelson's score would need to be. Sitton was obviously a Guard in the draft, but he played Tackle in college and was a fourth round pick.

Now that I have written Ted simulacrum, I want the Packers to put a cardboard cutout of Ted in front of the podium of the media room during the draft.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Brian Carriveau at Cheesehead TV sees this first round unfolding like our draft board does. Pessimistically. Though he eliminates several popular possible Packer picks because he doesn't think they fit or are worth the risk.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-2018-first-round-prediction-145?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The players likely to go early in the first round and the order in which the Packers would take them. He also thinks they all going to be gone.

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
2. Bradley Chubb, EDGE, N.C. State
3. Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
4. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
5. Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame

Then there are skill positions the Packer may not be looking at early:

6. Josh Allen
7. Sam Darold
8. Baker Mayfield
9. Josh Rosen
10. Saquon Barkley.

He says: "Should any of these five players drop to 14, the Packers should entertain a potential trade down for the right package. And we probably shouldn’t ignore Lamar Jackson either given the value of quarterbacks in today’s NFL."

Then the players likely to be taken high he wants the Packers to avoid:

11. Tremaine Edmunds - young player without a natural position immediately
12. Derwin James - very good safety who will be asked to be slot corner 30 times a game
13. Josh Jackson - tweener who would look at home drafted by Ted and miscast in Dom's defense

Which leaves the Packers with Harold Landry and Marcus Davenport. You can read him to see who he chooses.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Don't mind stunts and like to be entertained. But this seems dumb.

Greg Auman @gregauman
NFL announces that a parrot — yes, a parrot — will deliver Bucs’ third-day draft picks to an announcer on the pirate ship at Raymond James Stadium

pbmax
04-23-2018, 11:17 AM
R-E-L-A-X Packer fans. A draft prognosticator has Bradley Chubb falling to the Packers at 14. Farrar doesn't like him as much as others (thinks the pass rush is in consistent) so that may be why he falls here (plus Giants taking Barkley, Browns taking Nelson and Devenport to Bears).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770818-2018-nfl-mock-draft-doug-farrars-final-1st-round-predictions

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2018, 11:24 AM
Brian Carriveau at Cheesehead TV sees this first round unfolding like our draft board does. Pessimistically. Though he eliminates several popular possible Packer picks because he doesn't think they fit or are worth the risk.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-2018-first-round-prediction-145?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The players likely to go early in the first round and the order in which the Packers would take them. He also thinks they all going to be gone.

6. Josh Allen
7. Sam Darold
8. Baker Mayfield
9. Josh Rosen
10. Saquon Barkley.

He says: "Should any of these five players drop to 14, the Packers should entertain a potential trade down for the right package. And we probably shouldn’t ignore Lamar Jackson either given the value of quarterbacks in today’s NFL."

12. Derwin James - very good safety who will be asked to be slot corner 30 times a game
13. Josh Jackson - tweener who would look at home drafted by Ted and miscast in Dom's defense

Which leaves the Packers with Harold Landry and Marcus Davenport. You can read him to see who he chooses.

Does this guy have any actual football credentials?

mraynrand
04-23-2018, 11:46 AM
Now that I have written Ted simulacrum, I want the Packers to put a cardboard cutout of Ted in front of the podium of the media room during the draft.

No one would ever know the difference.

RashanGary
04-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Vita Vea is another one i could see. Clark is evolving into a more explosive and quicker player than we expected. I envision him this year starting to throw guys around, and still has that quick enough first step to pressure up tr middle. Vea would be a really nice piece inside.

I just hate to draft wrs or cbs or even safeties or ilbs high in the draft. Big guys are harder to find.

mraynrand
04-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Clark is evolving into a more explosive and quicker player than we expected. I envision him this year starting to throw guys around, and still has that quick enough first step to pressure up tr middle. Vea would be a really nice piece inside.

I just hate to draft wrs or cbs or even safeties or ilbs high in the draft. Big guys are harder to find.

I hope you're right about Clark. I thought he was good last year, but didn't leap as much as I anticipated.

I agree with your general point. The Giants won a couple of Superbowls mainly because they could consistently get to the QB with four guys up front.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 12:22 PM
No one would ever know the difference.

Exactly. SimTed could do the interviews with NFL.com after the picks are announced and Rich and Mike could interview him seamlessly.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Vita Vea is another one i could see. Clark is evolving into a more explosive and quicker player than we expected. I envision him this year starting to throw guys around, and still has that quick enough first step to pressure up tr middle. Vea would be a really nice piece inside.

Agree, but I think they are hoping Wilkerson does this for them this year.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Gutekunst PC

Packer Report @PackerReport
Gutekunst leads off, like Thompson, thanking his scouts for all the work that's been done. "It's an entire year process." 2019 starts two days after the draft.

Need certainly factors in who gets picked, Gutekunst said, sort of stomping on "best player available" mantra. Not that we didn't know that.

DRAFTING FOR NEED WITHOUT BPA IS FOR SUCKERS AND MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER

Packer ReporT @PackerReport
Thompson has been here throughout process. Will be here all week. "one of best talent evaluators," Gutekunst says.

Gutekunst has been "all consumed" with draft so hasn't spoken to Rodgers or other players. "Nobody's voiced any frustrations to me."

Trade calls are made throughout the course of the draft and usually don't just come out of the blue. Gutekunst will have five guys working the phones, he says.

How many impact players does he need to find? "As many as we can, quite frankly," Gutekunst says.

"You can't count on it," Gutekunst says of multiple QBs being selected ahead of GB and pushing talent its way.

He says he's been ready since Wednesday to get the draft started

pbmax
04-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Mock Draft Compilation: https://www.sbnation.com/a/nfl-mock-draft-database-2018

Surprises in Top 13:

1. Chubb to Giants only in 15% of mocks. He is third choice, behind Barkley and Darold.
2. Browns getting a Chubb more than Barkley (52% to 36).
3. Brocos are all QB with 10% picking Nelson
4. Chubb 2nd choice for Colts (26%)
5. Bucs (Derwin James), Bears (Tremaine Edmunds), 49ers (Roquan Smith), Raiders (Roquan Smith) and Dolphins (Vita Vea) and Washington (Vita Vea) all taking defenders

Only 4 QBs going in first 13 picks (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson)

Plus side? Calvin Ridley is available, so is Harold Landry. Consensus is Packers taking Davenport.

Problem with the compilation is that two of the picks are the top pick for two teams Miami and Washington for Vea and 49ers and Raiders for Roquan Smith.

call_me_ishmael
04-23-2018, 03:31 PM
After hearing the chatter this weekend how how bad this draft is at the top, and how uniquely good it is in rounds 2 and 3, I suspect the Packers will trade down and turn over more of their roster. They need some freshness.

red
04-23-2018, 05:12 PM
wait, is the draft this thursday?

red
04-23-2018, 05:14 PM
After hearing the chatter this weekend how how bad this draft is at the top, and how uniquely good it is in rounds 2 and 3, I suspect the Packers will trade down and turn over more of their roster. They need some freshness.

so its gonna turn into just every other season when we draft late in round one, and everyone bitches about how that is the reason why we never have elite talent

this is the first time in forever that we have a high pick, and you want to get rid of it?

red
04-23-2018, 05:16 PM

6. Josh Allen
7. Sam Darold
8. Baker Mayfield
9. Josh Rosen
10. Saquon Barkley.

so this guy thinks that somehow 13 other teams pass on the top 5 talent in the draft, AND decide not to trade down?

i'm with nuts. i think this guy sounds like a madden fanboy more then someone who should be writing articles about real football

or a packer fanboy who has never watched a game that didn't feature the packers

pbmax
04-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Does this guy have any actual football credentials?

I don't know. This is where Aaron Nagler got his start I think, but not sure who's site it is. He's been around for awhile but I don't know the track record.

I do think its representative of the current movement of mocks to lean more defensive at the top. The only guy on offense to move up is Rosen, who a lot of people have decided is going to the Jets.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-live-nfl-mock-draft-20180423-htmlstory.html

Beat Writer Mock Draft

1. Cleveland | Josh Allen — Mary Kay Cabot, Plain Dealer

2. NY Giants | Saquon Barkley — Tom Rock, Newsday

3. NY Jets | Sam Darnold — Brian Costello, New York Post

4. Cleveland | Bradley Chubb — Jeff Schudel, News-Herald

5. Denver | Baker Mayfield — Mike Klis, 9News

6. Indianapolis | Roquan Smith — Mike Chappel, CBS4/FOX59

7. Tampa Bay | Quentin Nelson — Rick Stroud, Tampa Bay Times

8. Chicago | Minkah Fitzpatrick — Rich Campbell, Chicago Tribune

9. San Francisco | Tremaine Edmunds — Matt Barrows, Sacramento Bee

10. Oakland | Denzel Ward — Michael Gehlken, Las Vegas Review-Journal

11. Miami | Derwin James — Omar Kelly, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

12. Buffalo | Josh Rosen — Jay Skurski, Buffalo News

13. Washington | Vita Vea — Kimberley Martin, Washington Post

14. Green Bay | Marcus Davenport — Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press Gazette

15. Arizona | Calvin Ridley — Kent Somers, Arizona Republic

16. Baltimore Ravens | Mike McGlinchey — Jeff Zrebiec, Baltimore Sun

17. CHARGERS | Da’ Ron Payne — Dan Woike, Los Angeles Times

18. Seattle Seahawks | Christian Kirk — Bob Condotta, Seattle Times

19. Dallas Cowboys | Taven Bryan — David Moore, Dallas Morning News

20. Detroit Lions | Harold Landry — Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press

21. Cincinnati Bengals | Billy Price — Paul Dehner, Cincinnati Enquirer

22. Buffalo Bills | Leighton Vander Esch — Tim Graham, Buffalo News

23. New England Patriots | Connor Williams — Ben Volin, Boston Globe

24. Carolina Panthers | D.J. Moore — Joe Person, Charlotte Observer

25. Tennessee Titans | Rashaan Evans — Paul Kuharsky, The Zone/PaulKuharsky.com

26. Atlanta Falcons | Isaiah Wynn — D. Orlando Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

27. New Orleans Saints | Will Hernandez — Jeff Duncan, New Orleans Times-Picayune

28. Pittsburgh Steelers | Jaire Alexander — Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

29. Jacksonville Jaguars | Hayden Hurst — Ryan O’Hallaran, Florida Times-Union

30. Minnesota Vikings | Dallas Goedert — Matthew Coller, ESPN

31. New England Patriots | Mason Rudolph — Karen Guregian, Boston Herald

32. Philadelphia Eagles | Ronald Jones II — Les Bowen, Philadelphia Daily News

Teamcheez1
04-23-2018, 07:55 PM
So none of the beat writers see Lamar Jackson going in the first round? Interesting.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 08:04 PM
So none of the beat writers see Lamar Jackson going in the first round? Interesting.

Yeah. Lotta people think the Cardinals take him.

The Jets' beat guy is also one of the few not buying into the Jet's drafting Rosen as well.

call_me_ishmael
04-23-2018, 08:08 PM
so its gonna turn into just every other season when we draft late in round one, and everyone bitches about how that is the reason why we never have elite talent

this is the first time in forever that we have a high pick, and you want to get rid of it?

No. If it were me I would trade up for Chubb and call it a day. A Star makes up for limited depth. If not Chubb, then Roquan Smith. The Packers need a star desperately.

But I don't think they're going to trade-up. I simply do not see a player at 14 that is a cut above the rest. It feels like 10-12 is a significant drop-off in talent assuming 4 QBs go in the top 10. It feels more responsible to trade down I guess.

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 12:10 AM
31. New England Patriots | Mason Rudolph — Karen Guregian, Boston Herald

The Pats pick Mason Rudolph over Lamar Jackson !?

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/QB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL

https://gbnreport.com/2018-qb-ranking/

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 12:14 AM
No. If it were me I would trade up for Chubb and call it a day. A Star makes up for limited depth. If not Chubb, then Roquan Smith. The Packers need a star desperately.

But I don't think they're going to trade-up. I simply do not see a player at 14 that is a cut above the rest. It feels like 10-12 is a significant drop-off in talent assuming 4 QBs go in the top 10. It feels more responsible to trade down I guess.

Here are the TOP 20 Graded Prospects by NFL.COM:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL

Note EDGE Harold Landry makes it as NO. 16th Ranged Prospect on Page One..

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=allColleges&page=2&status=ALL

EDGE Markus Davenport makes it as the 29th Graded Prospect on Page Two.

Then you have this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926642/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

AND THIS:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927595/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-30

and ....... you scratch your head hahaha. :???:

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 12:32 AM
I bet its part of the calculation, but I wonder if at some point Ted or Ted simulacrum says "its hard enough to draft good players, lets not compare the Guard to the Tackle hopefuls on the roster".

I think you need to do BPA in this case and if you land on Nelson, hope the very good Guard helps the so-so Tackle spot. Given their track record of drafting all Tackles all the time, I wonder how high Nelson's score would need to be. Sitton was obviously a Guard in the draft, but he played Tackle in college and was a fourth round pick.

Here you go. Does anyone have a Sharpie !?

http://images.linnlive.com/13f070ec30da6517496e7b8315acab04/d111bffb-04d6-4d28-9c19-4980c4be14d1.jpg

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 12:36 AM

Yup.

They must ensure the NO. 1 Priority is keeping Aaron Rodgers on his feet.

http://www.chinaandglassrepairs.com/images/Doll_Girl_Broken_edited.jpg

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2018, 07:43 AM
Here are the TOP 20 Graded Prospects by NFL.COM:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL

Note EDGE Harold Landry makes it as NO. 16th Ranged Prospect on Page One..

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/allPositions?college=allColleges&page=2&status=ALL

EDGE Markus Davenport makes it as the 29th Graded Prospect on Page Two.

Then you have this:

AND THIS:

and ....... you scratch your head hahaha. :???:

Sorry I am not a fan of Landry. He doesn't pop off on film. He is in a 4 point stance 95% of the time and he doesn't use his hands well. He lacks explosion off the ball. To me he looks like the least productive guy in the top 5. I would much rather have Davenport.

Compare tapes of Chubb and Landry and they are not even in the same stratosphere.

Smidgeon
04-24-2018, 08:11 AM
Sorry I am not a fan of Landry. He doesn't pop off on film. He is in a 4 point stance 95% of the time and he doesn't use his hands well. He lacks explosion off the ball. To me he looks like the least productive guy in the top 5. I would much rather have Davenport.

Compare tapes of Chubb and Landry and they are not even in the same stratosphere.

This commentary somehow makes me believe 1) Landry will be the pick and 2) everything you predicted is accurate.

Joemailman
04-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Not sure I can remember a draft where this is less consensus about who the 1st pick will be.

Guiness
04-24-2018, 09:36 AM
wait, is the draft this thursday?

Don't know that I'd call the circus that goes on Thursday 'the draft'

Joemailman
04-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Don't know that I'd call the circus that goes on Thursday 'the draft'

It all begins at 6 PM:

"NFL Draft Red Carpet" - Catch all the player arrivals as the top NFL prospects make their way up the red carpet to the 2018 NFL Draft in Dallas.

Smidgeon
04-24-2018, 10:52 AM
Not sure I can remember a draft where this is less consensus about who the 1st pick will be.

Mario Williams vs Reggie Bush? Wait--that had consensus. It was just wrong.

Smidgeon
04-24-2018, 10:53 AM
It all begins at 6 PM:

"NFL Draft Red Carpet" - Catch all the player arrivals as the top NFL prospects make their way up the red carpet to the 2018 NFL Draft in Dallas.

I hope that's EST so I can skip the dog and pony show. When do the picks begin?

Joemailman
04-24-2018, 12:13 PM
I hope that's EST so I can skip the dog and pony show. When do the picks begin?

I believe that's ET. Believe Cleveland is on the clock at 8 ET.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Arden Key, not really any better than Landry. He plays more of a hybrid 3-4 outside linebacker than a defensive end, but really not impressed with him either.

The guy I like and he might be available in the second round for the Packers, is Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. He is more linebacker than defensive lineman. He had really good film against Notre Dame, and then some average film against Kentucky and Alabama. He plays more natural and with more flexibility than Landry or Key.

Sweat is also more of a defensive end than linebacker, but Carter is more fluid and uses better hands.

pbmax
04-24-2018, 01:27 PM

Landry is supported to have an already developed array of pass rushing moves, especially compared to Davenport. Have read it over and over but here:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018HLandry.php

Is it more he doesn't use his hands well to disengage?

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Landry is supported to have an already developed array of pass rushing moves, especially compared to Davenport. Have read it over and over but here:

That is a very respected Draft Analysis sire.

What does this site (DRAFT ANALYST) say and I'm checking it out here in this post for the first time:

http://draftanalyst.com/harold-landry

He's (Harold Landry's) ranked next to Bradley Chubb or NO. 2 and just ahead of Marcus Davenport at NO. 3.

EDGE /DE Harold Landry - Boston College

Weaknesses:

Undersized
Liability as a run defender
Lacks strength
Lacks length
Questionable motor and effort in run defense
Does not have a good fit in a 4-3 defense

Summary:

" ...Every year in the NFL draft, there are players who enter the college football season as one of the top prospects but end up sliding to be late first- or second-round picks. Landry could keep that trend alive for the 2018 NFL Draft. Early in the 2017 season, there were draft pundits who were projecting Landry to be a high first-round pick. However, his senior year didn't go as planned, and now, Landry would be fortunate to go on Thursday night of the 2018 NFL Draft. ..."

Now what do they say about EDGE/DE Marcus Davenport?

http://draftanalyst.com/marcus-davenport

Neg:

" Displays average quickness off the snap. Lack of bulk is an issue. Often just pins his ears back, rushes up the field and overruns the play.
Analysis:

Davenport was a dominant defender at the college level and offers a good amount of upside for the NFL. He’s a terrific pass rusher who must improve the details of his position and fill out his frame to meet his potential. There may be bumps in the road early in Davenport’s NFL career, but if properly coached, he has a bright future as a starter. "

Comment woodbuck27:

So *** this Site *** says NO to drafting either EDGE / DE Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport in Round One.

*** Draft Analysis.

http://draftanalyst.com

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see the Green Bay Packers Trade down from Pick NO. 14.

So having analyzed that distinct possibility will they go for a Top Positional Prospect and Trade Up?!

If they stay at NO. 14 I see them NOT using that Pick to go EDGE /DE, but rather BPA CB (hands off WR Calvin Ridley_ size) and at NO 45 and 76 Find a solid OL/CB/WR and the BPA WR/CB @ No. 76.

Theor next Pick is NO. 101 that they can use to trade up from either NO. 45 or NO. 76.

I want to see the Packers get the best players and need oin Rd. 1-3.

Bretsky
04-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Arden Key, not really any better than Landry. He plays more of a hybrid 3-4 outside linebacker than a defensive end, but really not impressed with him either.

The guy I like and he might be available in the second round for the Packers, is Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. He is more linebacker than defensive lineman. He had really good film against Notre Dame, and then some average film against Kentucky and Alabama. He plays more natural and with more flexibility than Landry or Key.

Sweat is also more of a defensive end than linebacker, but Carter is more fluid and uses better hands.

HAHA

A GENIUS PICKED HIM IN THE PR MOCK ROUND 2

TY for letting him make that pick

red
04-24-2018, 07:22 PM
It’s nice to see the new GM use his pre draft visits to bring in guys we might actually draft, not just guys expected to be undrafted free agents.

Maybe this GM won’t miss on as many draft picks

pbmax
04-24-2018, 07:29 PM
ESPN NFL Nation Mock Draft (their beat guys including Demovsky for GB)

1. Browns - Darnold
2. Giants - Barkley
3. Jets - Mayfield
4. Browns - Chubb (overkill; nice overkill; but overkill; almost anticipate trade down unless they really feel need more pass rush)
5. Broncos - Ward (thinks the two QBs they like are gone and would prefer to trade down)
6. Colts - Nelson
7. Bucs - James (need a DB in worst way, especially strong safety)
8. Bears - Smith (Nelson if he is there, but otherwise LB)
9. 49ers - Fitzpatrick (secondary needs all around)
10. Raiders - Vea (need to help Mack)
11. Dolphins - Rosen (they are scouting all QBs and Seifert thinks its not a smokescreen-bol Polian wants to fight Kevin Seifert now)
12. Bills - Allen (want to trade up for this QB)
13. Redskins - Edmunds (need D-could also be Payne, Polian thinks he is an OLB)
14. Packers - Davenport (RD-GB want 1of3 DBs and want trade up, MD is pick at 14, Polian and McShay love pick-think he's Ziggy Ansah)
15. Cardinals - Jackson
16. Ravens - McGlinchey (want to trade down into 20s and take WR or TE)
17. Chargers - Evans (working out QBs)
18. Seahawks - Moore (want to trade down for defense)
19. Cowboys - Vander Esch (Todd Archer has gotten the last two Cowboys picks correct apparently (Taco Charlton and ??))
20. Lions - Bryan (need D line help)
21. Bengals - Price (need a new Center)
22. Bills - Alexander (if got a QB, need DB)
23. Patriots - Landry (need some pass rush-Polian buys the injury excuse for 2017)
24. Panthers - Hurst (need a weapon but for some reason doesn't want a WR because Greg Olson ::shrug::)
25. Titans - Hubbard (Vrabel clone?)
26. Falcons - Payne (have need on D Line and can't believe he is here)
27. Saints - Ridley (are you kidding me?)
28. Steelers - Reid (like Rudolph and Guice too)
29. Jags - Hernandez (need to rebuild interior of O line, not future QB)
30. Vikings - Ragnow (Spielman wants to trade down but needs O line)
31. Patriots - Miller (need blindside protection for Brady)
32. Eagles - Guice (want to trade down but have scouted this RB closely)

red
04-24-2018, 08:22 PM
COrrect me if I’m wrong, everyone keeps saying Davenport is ziggy ansah

Isn’t ansah a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB?

We’ve made the mistake in the past of getting the DEs that can’t play OLB for shit

Bretsky
04-24-2018, 08:35 PM
I keep hearing he's raw and needs developing

pbmax
04-24-2018, 08:43 PM
COrrect me if I’m wrong, everyone keeps saying Davenport is ziggy ansah

Isn’t ansah a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB?

We’ve made the mistake in the past of getting the DEs that can’t play OLB for shit

New DC. Even if he is not a 2 point OLB, there is room for a hand in dirt pass rusher from the end. You still have Matthews/Perry/Fackrell/Biegel to handle any OLB calls.

Bretsky
04-24-2018, 08:44 PM
from Mike Mayock

2). Marcus Davenport, UTSA

There is quite the drop off at this position after Chubb. Davenport is a player who still needs time ti fill out into his frame. His motor also doesn’t allow him to be a player who provides consistent pressure on the quarterback at this point in his career. He has been a stand up pass rusher at UTSA, but he has the Build to become a defensive end in a 4-3 if needed. He is a player who is still fairly far from his potential.

red
04-24-2018, 09:06 PM
New DC. Even if he is not a 2 point OLB, there is room for a hand in dirt pass rusher from the end. You still have Matthews/Perry/Fackrell/Biegel to handle any OLB calls.

i would say of the guys you listed, at least 2 already can't do much more then rush the passer (perry, mathews)

red
04-24-2018, 09:08 PM
I keep hearing he's raw and needs developing

i've heard he's a massive boom or bust guy

that he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but that he's a very long ways away from there, and that he hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of progress in getting there so far

he's a guy that looks the part, but hasn't produced

pbmax
04-24-2018, 10:31 PM
i would say of the guys you listed, at least 2 already can't do much more then rush the passer (perry, mathews)

Perry is a monster against the run. Matthews is good if he stays at home. Fackrell was better last year.

Need pass rush. Run D will be OK.

Bretsky
04-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Perry is a monster against the run. Matthews is good if he stays at home. Fackrell was better last year.

Need pass rush. Run D will be OK.

"better" than horrible is still bad

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2018, 11:15 PM
I have no inkling about this draft. I think that speaks to the lack of first round defensive talent. I guess just take the best player available at any position. I'd rather have that then reach and miss.

woodbuck27
04-24-2018, 11:32 PM
i've heard he's a massive boom or bust guy

that he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft, but that he's a very long ways away from there, and that he hasn't made a whole hell of a lot of progress in getting there so far

he's a guy that looks the part, but hasn't produced

My very first time I watched him on video = STIFF.

I've watched him on video a lot and still see ... STIFF !

Mae even says between EDGE Marcus Davenport (Tier 2 and Graded at 5.99) Vs Landry (Tier 1 and Graded 6.15) it;'s Landry and he has a lot to prove he's ready for the Show in the NFL.

My guts scream NO to both Marcus Davenport and Harold Landry.

So what's really there and filling a NEED at NO. 14:

If they go BPA and Grade him anywhere like NFL.Com did it's for a real weakness now and Wide Receiver and WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama and his 6.40 Gade.

How about more athleticism at ILB and *** This Guy? How much of a project is this talent Vs Landry and Davenport?

Leighton Vander Esch - Boise State and Graded at 6.25 Right the Packers don't draft high and ILB..what a shame !? That eliminates this Guy ... Rashaan EVANS and LBer ,Alabama, and his 6.10 Grade and talent.

*** ... https://www.nfl.com/prospects/leighton-vander%20esch?id=32462018-0002-5602-32a6-0b4e5b5e883e

Is it another OT and Mike McGlinchey (Graded at Tier 2 and 5.95) and starting him on the Right side?

How about super move at O Guard and grabbing Tier 1 and with a GRADE of 6.12 UTEP's Will Hernandez? WE do not need projects unless it'd definitely longer term and re-building time. It's difficult to ever know what's going on in the collective Heads of Packer BRASS !? They've got more Secrets than the Free Masons. hahahaha :???:

It's all rather complicated hahaha. :-)

pbmax
04-25-2018, 06:30 AM
"better" than horrible is still bad

Fackrell still can’t rush the passer but his run D was good last year.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 08:27 AM

I love the feature on youtube where you can watch tape of guys verse teams and they are just the cuts that they are on the field. Anyone can put a high light film together and look like an all pro.

I thought I responded to this post yesterday, but I guess I didn't. Landry looks really stiff and plays really tall. I watched 3 films on him and was not impressed with his level of disruption.
His first step doesn't seem to gain any ground and he is not violent with his hands.

Davenport is raw, no doubt. It would be troublesome if the Packers were in a position to draft either one of these guys with the 14th pick, but Davenport is a 6-6 outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme and has the physical tools to get way better. I take the upside with Davenport. I don't know what Mayock is talking about when he refers to his motor, the film I watched of the guy he is chasing plays down away from him and up field. He probably wears out by the end of the game since he is the only playmaker for a shitty team.

The more I use Youtube the better I can see for myself about these athletes. I am sure Mayock has spent more time on it, but all of these draft prognosticators have agendas.

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 08:33 AM
I am sure Mayock has spent more time on it, but all of these draft prognosticators have agendas.

Interesting. What's Mayock's agenda?

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 08:39 AM
Interesting. What's Mayock's agenda?

Pussy, always pussy

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 08:45 AM
I love the feature on youtube where you can watch tape of guys verse teams and they are just the cuts that they are on the field. ....
Davenport is raw, no doubt. It would be troublesome if the Packers were in a position to draft either one of these guys with the 14th pick, but Davenport is a 6-6 outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme and has the physical tools to get way better. I take the upside with Davenport....I don't know what Mayock is talking about when he refers to his motor, the film I watched of the guy he is chasing plays down away from him and up field. He probably wears out by the end of the game since he is the only playmaker for a shitty team.

Watched him versus Baylor. Single blocked all day, dancing bear with O-tackle. Was easily blocked by TEs and RBs. His allure must be all physical attributes and upside. And yeah, his effort looks generally low. But he's a big guy getting a lot of snaps in hot weather.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 09:41 AM
I love the feature on youtube where you can watch tape of guys verse teams and they are just the cuts that they are on the field. Anyone can put a high light film together and look like an all pro.

I thought I responded to this post yesterday, but I guess I didn't. Landry looks really stiff and plays really tall. I watched 3 films on him and was not impressed with his level of disruption.
His first step doesn't seem to gain any ground and he is not violent with his hands.

Davenport is raw, no doubt. It would be troublesome if the Packers were in a position to draft either one of these guys with the 14th pick, but Davenport is a 6-6 outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme and has the physical tools to get way better. I take the upside with Davenport. I don't know what Mayock is talking about when he refers to his motor, the film I watched of the guy he is chasing plays down away from him and up field. He probably wears out by the end of the game since he is the only playmaker for a shitty team.

The more I use Youtube the better I can see for myself about these athletes. I am sure Mayock has spent more time on it, but all of these draft prognosticators have agendas.

My fear is all circumstantial. Except for QBs, no position provides for more mistakes than chasing pass rush in the first round. Its a weak pass rush EDGE draft. Pick 14 is close to top value for these guys.

So my conclusion is that (unless they can trade to early 20s) they get batter value elsewhere.

There could be a big payoff to trading down if someone is convinced Arizona is taking Lamar Jackson.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 09:45 AM
Watched him versus Baylor. Single blocked all day, dancing bear with O-tackle. Was easily blocked by TEs and RBs. His allure must be all physical attributes and upside. And yeah, his effort looks generally low. But he's a big guy getting a lot of snaps in hot weather.

I will just post the video because I disagree with your assessment. He did better rushing against the left tackle than Baylor's right tackle but he consistently condensed the pocket and had one full sack and a couple partial sacks along with several QB hits and hurries.

https://youtu.be/OwpEQ-4NYz8

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 10:07 AM
I will just post the video because I disagree with your assessment. He did better rushing against the left tackle than Baylor's right tackle but he consistently condensed the pocket and had one full sack and a couple partial sacks along with several QB hits and hurries.

OK. I just wasn't all that impressed. I'm not gonna watch the video again, but I thought he was unblocked on his best pass rush.

The Shadow
04-25-2018, 10:20 AM
It never fails. After reading about the perceived weaknesses of each player, I wind up pessimistic about them all.

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 10:25 AM
It never fails. After reading about the perceived weaknesses of each player, I wind up pessimistic about them all.

True dat. I always feel unqualified to assess these guys. Just look at the difference between Nutz and me w/respect to Davenport. If Nutz is right, he could develop into a real solid player. If I'm right, he's JAG. It's probably good I have my job as pixie dust spreader on the Tilt-a-whirl, cuz I wouldn't make it as an NFL scout.

The Shadow
04-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Somewhere up in the attic I have Pro Football Weekly Draft Guides dating back to the early 70's. I may go up there & dig them out. Reading about Joe Montana, Reggie White & James Lofton's weaknesses might cheer me up a bit.

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 10:44 AM
My fear is all circumstantial. Except for QBs, no position provides for more mistakes than chasing pass rush in the first round. Its a weak pass rush EDGE draft. Pick 14 is close to top value for these guys.

So my conclusion is that (unless they can trade to early 20s) they get batter value elsewhere.

There could be a big payoff to trading down if someone is convinced Arizona is taking Lamar Jackson.

Yes. :idea:

gbgary
04-25-2018, 10:50 AM
who should move up in the draft (https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1533511)

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 10:51 AM

Exactly you don't want to draft any of them.

Factor in that it's going to cost a shitload of CASH to keep Aaron Rodgers chip off of Aaron Rodgers shoulders.

The Green Bay Packers Pass on every Pick in the 2018 NFL DRAFT and celebrate that wisdom by opening many bottles of:

https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/07/06/09/47/champagne-1500248__340.jpg

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 12:05 PM
who should move up in the draft (https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1533511)

A good question gbgary.

Buffalo will get their QB at Pick NO. 12.

After that these Teams may consider QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville and Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma should be available mid to end of Round One or Round Two and 'in fact' as we're seeing in our Mock Draft; Mason Rudolph remains on the Board after 59 Picks are in.

Teams that I see possibly interested in moving up to select QB Lamar Jackson and tossing aside that some Analysts are even implying that he may not be selected in Round One: ( Noting that Arizona may seriously covet Lamar Jackson and he's being Mocked to them.)

The Baltimore RAVENS

The LA Chargers

The Cincinnati Bengals

The New England Patriots

THe New Orleans Saints

The Pittsburgh Steelers

THe Jacksonville Jaguars

All have an interest and very possibly drafting at QB.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 12:51 PM
Ogbonnia Okoronko Edge Oklahoma. He has all the best and worst of a pass rusher. He is too damn small with short arms and can be stalled if he can't get the offensive lineman leaning one way. He has great get off, and great hips. He needs to attack half a man better and get arm extension but his arms are so short anyways. He is a great athlete and can get skinny through the gap better than anyone.

He can play outside linebacker in a 3-4 but would get worked as a 4-3 defensive end.

I love his motor, and his explosion

pbmax
04-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Ogbonnia Okoronko Edge Oklahoma. He has all the best and worst of a pass rusher. He is too damn small with short arms and can be stalled if he can't get the offensive lineman leaning one way. He has great get off, and great hips. He needs to attack half a man better and get arm extension but his arms are so short anyways. He is a great athlete and can get skinny through the gap better than anyone.

He can play outside linebacker in a 3-4 but would get worked as a 4-3 defensive end.

I liked him too. But he is short. Can he just learn to spin and wrong foot the Tackle like Miller?

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 01:08 PM
He is great at redirecting, but as soon as the tackle can square up on him he is dead.

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 01:41 PM

I predict he's picked in Round Three and sometime soon after USC's OLB Uchenna Nwosu is selected.

red
04-25-2018, 01:57 PM

He might still be there in the second too I think

Fritz
04-25-2018, 02:01 PM

He could just join the Dean Lowry Army. Fit right in.

That's the long and the short of it. Well, mostly the short of it.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2018, 02:23 PM
HAHAHA!!!!

I think his arms are proportional to his body where Lowry is just as weirdly short arms.

I like him better than the USC linebacker Uchenna Nwosu.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Just looking at the board here in Nagler's mock draft:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/2018/04/25/2018-nfl-mock-draft-packers-get-their-guy/549363002/

Best case for the Packers is that Payne and Sony Michel sneak up into the top 14, pushing down a better player. I just don't see anyway that James is available at 14, but if he is, you take him. More than like I think "the fab 7" defenders (Chubb, Smith, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, Vea) are all gone. If you cannot get one of those defenders, you're reaching for a player in my extremely uninformed opinion. Rather than reach for a player, I would much rather trade down. I'm flexible on either a few slots, mid-twenties, or even out of round 1 all together.

I haven't been following the draft as closely this year. It just doesn't seem like there is a lot of talent that fits the Packers needs.

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 02:46 PM
HAHAHA!!!!

I think his arms are proportional to his body where Lowry is just as weirdly short arms.

I like him better than the USC linebacker Uchenna Nwosu.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KONoJgorDsk/hqdefault.jpg

weirdly short arms

woodbuck27
04-25-2018, 02:52 PM

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/2018/04/25/2018-nfl-mock-draft-packers-get-their-guy/549363002/

Best case for the Packers is that Payne and Sony Michel sneak up into the top 14, pushing down a better player. I just don't see anyway that James is available at 14, but if he is, you take him. More than like I think "the fab 7" defenders (Chubb, Smith, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, Vea) are all gone. If you cannot get one of those defenders, you're reaching for a player in my extremely uninformed opinion. Rather than reach for a player, I would much rather trade down. I'm flexible on either a few slots, mid-twenties, or even out of round 1 all together.

I haven't been following the draft as closely this year. It just doesn't seem like there is a lot of talent that fits the Packers needs.

Early target an upgrade of the OL.

There will be solid Options there and OL and with a Trade down more in Round TWO or THREE and addressing WR and Defensive Back.

There will also be Options and OLB and ILB and Safety.

The Packers need all over and even at Backup QB and Kick Returner.

Trade down if at all possible from Pick NO. 14.

mraynrand
04-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Maybe the Packers could trade down from 14, up from the second round and draft 4 guys like Datone Jones at the end of the first round.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Maybe the Packers could trade down from 14, up from the second round and draft 4 guys like Datone Jones at the end of the first round.

:D That is what every draft fan wants, trades down and then back up for the steal.

I wouldn't mind two picks in the 20s plus keep the 3rd and 4th round picks.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:37 PM

I think you want the teams below trading up to get all five (or six!) QB off the board before 14. Best scenario.

But if one is left, you might be able to turn #14 into a fortune if someone wants to prevent Arizona from taking a QB.

So I am rooting for Arizona to either trade up OR be unable to trade up I guess.

Bretsky
04-25-2018, 05:39 PM
I think you want the teams below trading up to get all five (or six!) QB off the board before 14. Best scenario.

But if one is left, you might be able to turn #14 into a fortune if someone wants to prevent Arizona from taking a QB.

So I am rooting for Arizona to either trade up OR be unable to trade up I guess.

LET GOOTER PLAY POKER

AND GET AZ TO GIVE US A 3rd TO MOVE UP A SPOT or THREATEN TO GIVE IT TO SOMBODY ELSE

ULTIMATE SHAM MOVE. GET ER DONE GOOTER

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:43 PM

[video=you]

The play 2nd and 7 at 0:47, which is replayed from the end zone at :57, shows what he could do. He gets his hands into the Tackle and is just too long for the Tackle to keep him under control. Davenport just needs to bump him and he is disengaged. He is a little slow to recognize, but you have to have a 36" arm tackle to keep that from happening regularly. That is his leverage and advantage.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 05:50 PM
The play 2nd and 7 at 0:47, which is replayed from the end zone at :57, shows what he could do. He gets his hands into the Tackle and is just too long for the Tackle to keep him under control. Davenport just needs to bump him and he is disengaged. He is a little slow to recognize, but you have to have a 36" arm tackle to keep that from happening regularly. That is his leverage and advantage.

He is very in love with engaging with the blocker, but he doesn't land his hands like he is planning a bull rush. Just a kinda belly bump. Lets the OT get his hands on his jersey and then its a dance.

When he lands his hands first, he's hard to control. I am less worried about this pick after that video. Work in progress, but holy cow he could be hard to control.

pbmax
04-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Baker Mayfield @bakermayfield
“There are those people who are in your corner no matter what, you can’t do any wrong, even when you do wrong. And then there are those people that no matter what you do they’re going to dislike you and that’s not going to change.” - Brett Favre #DraftEve #MMO

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrRp25VAAEc_uZ.jpg:large

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2018, 12:47 AM
The buzz today from Rapoport is the Packers might trade up. Unless they're getting Chubby, Smith or Edmunds, I just don't see it. I think they're more likely to trade back into R1 with their #2 and a #3 to get Leighton Van De Esch or whatever his name is.

mraynrand
04-26-2018, 07:07 AM
The buzz today from Rapoport is the Packers might trade up. Unless they're getting Chubby, Smith or Edmunds, I just don't see it. I think they're more likely to trade back into R1 with their #2 and a #3 to get Leighton Van De Esch or whatever his name is.

I'd rather the Packers draft Gödel Escher Bach.

pbmax
04-26-2018, 07:25 AM

One theory is that they want a cover guy badly, so they want to get Ward or Fitzpatrick and might be willing to trade up if the players get past the Broncos.

Problem is you are trading up versus a bunch of teams looking for QBs. Price will not be cheap. Lotta debate about whether you need to get in front of Bears to get last of the two coveted cover guys.

Anyone have a strong feeling about whether the Bears would take DBs in the first?

pbmax
04-26-2018, 07:48 AM
Baker's hero has responded:

Brett Favre @BrettFavre
Replying to @bakermayfield
Good luck tonight....and remember to send my Jorts back tomorrow.

pbmax
04-26-2018, 08:02 AM
Someone is out to drop Josh Allen's draft position:

https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

Its not good, but seems likely to cause less of a problem than bong gas-mask or possible criminal charges for that O lineman a few years back.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2018, 08:20 AM
Someone is out to drop Josh Allen's draft position:

https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

Its not good, but seems likely to cause less of a problem than bong gas-mask or possible criminal charges for that O lineman a few years back.

Unfortunately the word "nigga" is used by just about every race now to refer to friends or just about anyone. Its fucked up but it doesn't carry the same negative weight that it used to where if a white boy said it in public he would get his ass kicked severely if a black person was around.

pbmax
04-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Unfortunately the word "nigga" is used by just about every race now to refer to friends or just about anyone. Its fucked up but it doesn't carry the same negative weight that it used to where if a white boy said it in public he would get his ass kicked severely if a black person was around.

All true but its 50+ year old men drafting and 80+ year old men hiring them. They would much prefer to avoid the entire topic.

But I don't think using the term to refer to people he knows (seems like at least acquaintances) and not liking LeBron James are going to be huge trouble. He will be releasing a statement before lunch I bet.

If he was yelling at black people through twitter or insulting the President, then it would hurt more.

call_me_ishmael
04-26-2018, 09:42 AM
Baker's hero has responded:

Brett Favre @BrettFavre
Replying to @bakermayfield
Good luck tonight....and remember to send my Jorts back tomorrow.

LOL, this is so awesome!!

The Shadow
04-26-2018, 09:48 AM

LOL!

SudsMcBucky
04-26-2018, 10:25 AM
Baker Mayfield @bakermayfield
“There are those people who are in your corner no matter what, you can’t do any wrong, even when you do wrong. And then there are those people that no matter what you do they’re going to dislike you and that’s not going to change.” - Brett Favre #DraftEve #MMO

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbrRp25VAAEc_uZ.jpg:large

Well played, Baker! LMFAO.

The Shadow
04-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Would you really want a quarterback with the initials B.M?

mraynrand
04-26-2018, 11:15 AM

It's better than Flavius Underhill.

Deputy Nutz
04-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Corners I like outside of the first round

Carlton Davis Projected value: 2nd Round
Goods: Has good fluid hips, can turn and run with any receiver, physical, very long frame
Bads: Will grab and hold receivers which will hurt him in the NFL, balance and body control, getting his head turned around to locate the ball.

Holton Hill Projected value: 2nd round
Goods: Athletic and long, has good instincts, strong tackler and run support player, good feet and closing speed.
Bad: Character Concerns, hasn't played a lot of football due to suspensions.

Duke Dawson Projected Value: Late Second Early 3rd
Goods: Instincts are spot on, good run support player, heady football player, good but not great athlete, understands route running from receivers
BadL not a great athlete tight hips, and has trouble running stride for stride on deep routes.

Josh Jackson Projected Value: Second Round
Goods: Does a great job of masking coverage, great vision, goes up and gets the ball he can jump, plays the position like a receiver
Bads: does not have the top end speed you are looking for in an elite corner.

Donte Jackson Projected Value: Second Round
Goods: Freakishly fast and athletic, has the rare speed that makes up for mistakes.
Bad: He has a very thin frame and size will be an issue in the NFL, lackluster technique and awarness.

ND72
04-26-2018, 11:52 AM

My kids first names are B & M...and my wife got a tattoo of 2 hearts which are really a B & M hooked together...I make fun of her all the time now that she tattoo'd poop on her arm. But WHY cleveland? I've determined the devil runs that team and has condemned them to hell for eternity. Stupid.

mraynrand
04-26-2018, 12:04 PM
My kids first names are B & M...and my wife got a tattoo of 2 hearts which are really a B & M hooked together...I make fun of her all the time now that she tattoo'd poop on her arm. But WHY cleveland? I've determined the devil runs that team and has condemned them to hell for eternity. Stupid.

It can't be true. It just can't. Was talking to some fans the other day and they were: "Oh please anyone but BM. He's Johnny Manziel II" I don't agree exactly, but why take the little shrimp QB to play outside in northern Ohio? Take the guy who plays more like Rapelisberger. Baker Manziel belongs in a dome or something.

ND72
04-26-2018, 02:02 PM
https://deadspin.com/god-help-me-im-addicted-to-the-nfls-brilliant-horseshi-1825564837
:) hahaha... this article is me! “I will defend my God-given right to sit there and watch the draft for five hours, and I will gladly take a dump on any pretentious dick who looks down at me for such practices.”

red
04-26-2018, 03:44 PM
word is the browns are locked in on baker mayfield at #1

smart move IMO, to me him and rosen are the only two legit QBs in that first tier.

also, out of the blue on draft day, mcginn came out and said the packers wanted bulaga to take a pay cut but he refused. could we be looking at a LT at 14?

Joemailman
04-26-2018, 04:02 PM
word is the browns are locked in on baker mayfield at #1

smart move IMO, to me him and rosen are the only two legit QBs in that first tier.

also, out of the blue on draft day, mcginn came out and said the packers wanted bulaga to take a pay cut but he refused. could we be looking at a LT at 14?

Why LT?

beveaux1
04-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Why LT?

Think he meant OT.

beveaux1
04-26-2018, 04:10 PM
Don't really think that's a bad move. Maybe a little early, but protecting Rodgers may be more important than defense.

red
04-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Think he meant OT.

yes i did