PDA

View Full Version : Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Vikings

Joemailman
10-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Studs

Kenny Clark - Forces a fumble and was disruptive all day.

Blake Martinez - 11 more tackles and 1 pass defensed, which caused an interception.

Duds

Defensive backfield - If you can't cover, could you please at least tackle?

Marty Bennett - Was he out there after dropping the pass on the play where Rodgers got hurt?

ND72
10-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Stud:
Kenny Clark
Blake Martinez

Duds:
DB's
Coaching staff - Everyone was outcoached by Minnesota.
officials - Besides the obvious, did anyone watch their ball placement today? There was 2 plays in a row, the packers were on offense, we gained 1 yard on 1st down, and incomplete on 2nd down. I showed my wife, on 3rd & "9", it was actually 3rd and 6 the officials misplaced the ball so badly.
Vogel
Training Staff - I mean we go to Bellin, which is where all these trainers are based from, in fact 2 of them are my go to guys for any issues...makes me scared to go there considering we seem to always be so injured.

Patler
10-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Studs

Blake Martinez - 11 more tackles and 1 pass defensed, which caused an interception.

Didn't he have a second one, that he himself should have intercepted?

red
10-15-2017, 06:41 PM
dud- the turf?

dud- why does troy fucking aikmen have to cover every single one of our fucking games. no packer fan can stand the brain dead fuck, yet he's basically our very own team broadcaster

mraynrand
10-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Dud: O-line. Should have taken Barr out. Have to send a message.

Patler
10-15-2017, 06:59 PM

Longing for "the good old days........"

Rastak
10-15-2017, 07:06 PM

Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he knocked out of the game? I'm not wrong.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2017, 07:08 PM
stud - Hundley. He handled the situation well.

I can't dud the DBs too much, they were backups with a shifting lineup of backups.

Dud - God. That was fucking ridiculous. All that wrath against Packerland.

pbmax
10-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Did Barr take himself out by headbutting Adams?

Rastak
10-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Did Barr take himself out by headbutting Adams?

All I heard was concussion so could very well be!

pbmax
10-15-2017, 07:28 PM
All I heard was concussion so could very well be!

Adams should have gone down like he was shot. Sympathy for him alone would have ejected Barr. :)

Pugger
10-15-2017, 07:32 PM
dud- the turf?

dud- why does troy fucking aikmen have to cover every single one of our fucking games. no packer fan can stand the brain dead fuck, yet he's basically our very own team broadcaster

With Rodgers out we won't have to endure Aikman for a while. I will say his sidekick today was worse than Buck. I swear that guy is blind.

Rastak
10-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Adams should have gone down like he was shot. Sympathy for him alone would have ejected Barr. :)

I still haven't seen the play. I think I was focused on the Packer guy pushing Rhodes well out of bounds but it wasn't that big of a deal so I was swigging a beer when you guys stated Barr should get tossed....I'll have to check out the replay on gamepass tomorrow.

pbmax
10-15-2017, 07:37 PM
I still haven't seen the play. I think I was focused on the Packer guy pushing Rhodes well out of bounds but it wasn't that big of a deal so I was swigging a beer when you guys stated Barr should get tossed....I'll have to check out the replay on gamepass tomorrow.

It was a lot of shoving way out of bounds near the ball carrier, but I never saw if the hit was or it was just beefing after the play was over.

Adams and Barr were elsewhere I believe.

mraynrand
10-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Umm, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he knocked out of the game? I'm not wrong.

I just wanted him to get planted. legally. :)

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 08:00 PM
stud - Hundley. He handled the situation well.

I can't dud the DBs too much, they were backups with a shifting lineup of backups.

Dud - God. That was fucking ridiculous. All that wrath against Packerland.

Teacher: Where is Green Bay (the place where the Packers play) Johnny?

Johnny: Wisconsin Teacher.

Teacher: What is Wisconsin Johnny?

Johnny: A USA State Teacher.

Teacher: That's right Johnny. Now Johnny... who is your Country's Leader?

Johnny: I'm not allowed to speak his name Teacher.

Teacher: That's good Johnny and I'm very sure...pleasing to God. I bet you don't live in Wisconsin Johnny.

Johnny : Ohh no Teacher..... Ohh No !

Rastak
10-15-2017, 08:04 PM
I just wanted him to get planted. legally. :)

It's one of those stages of grief things.....:-|

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 08:12 PM
With Rodgers out we won't have to endure Aikman for a while. I will say his sidekick today was worse than Buck. I swear that guy is blind.

Yes Aaron's 'pseudo stalker?' will be asking for anything but Green Bay Packer games. Who was that (wanna be at announcing football) that was teamed with Troy Aikman today. Is it fair to say he left something to be desired?

I managed to see every Packer game so far this year.

(in fairness) ........... I believe a lot of that has to do with Rodgers STAR Power.

mraynrand
10-15-2017, 08:30 PM
It's one of those stages of grief things.....:-|

What stage are you at? I figured Viking fans were constantly in the bargaining stage... :)

Rastak
10-15-2017, 08:35 PM
What stage are you at? I figured Viking fans were constantly in the bargaining stage... :)

Until today I was in the "We're fucked, the QB is up in the air and the best RB is out".....now it's like - see what happens!

woodbuck27
10-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Until today I was in the "We're fucked, the QB is up in the air and the best RB is out".....now it's like - see what happens!

The Vikings are trending upward.

You need luck at QB. That's just like every Top Tier NFL Team.

Pugger
10-15-2017, 09:33 PM
The Vikings are trending upward.

You need luck at QB. That's just like every Top Tier NFL Team.

How so? Because they defeated a beat up team that lost their starting QB and leader? They do have a couple of easy games coming up but who among us thought KC would lose at home today or Atlanta would lose to Miami?

mraynrand
10-15-2017, 10:00 PM
How so? Because they defeated a beat up team that lost their starting QB and leader? They do have a couple of easy games coming up but who among us thought KC would lose at home today or Atlanta would lose to Miami?

Yeah, no kidding. Football is so weird. Packers looked to have the whole thing coming back their way at the start of the game and then KABOOM it all gets blown to hell. Next thing you know, Hundley surprises everyone and turns into a season-long fuckdoggle extraordinaire and we're all like Hey, wha happened? ( I'm in the bargaining stage).

Zool
10-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Didn't he have a second one, that he himself should have intercepted?

I think that was negated by a penalty.

yetisnowman
10-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Studs.....yeah Martinez had a solid game. And Kenny Clark made a play. Other than that...
Duds
O-line. Look I know we are not at full strength, but Jesus give the young guy a little time.
Cobb, Jordy, Bennett, Montgomery. Our skill players were exposed as being mediocre at best. There is zero explosiveness, zero separation, little in the way of favorable matchups.
Hundley- he's a backup. But we've heard the coaches rave about him. It's the NFL you can't be inaccurate and make bad decisions.
MM-Not going for fourth and a foot at midfield. Terrible clock management on our final possesion. No need to keep the clock running.
Defense- You suck at tackling. You suck at creating pressure You suck at covering in space. Minus a couple turnovers, the Vikings B squad could have easily dropped 35 today.

This team is woefully untalented. Aaron makes it look easy by keeping us in the mix every year. But I just look at the team outside of him and see a bunch of guys. Nobody is game planning for them.

Smidgeon
10-16-2017, 02:09 AM
It was a lot of shoving way out of bounds near the ball carrier, but I never saw if the hit was or it was just beefing after the play was over.

Adams and Barr were elsewhere I believe.

It was in the background of one of the replays. Barr went up to Adams and put his helmet on Adams in a "macho" celebratory way. The penalty was completely warranted.

Bossman641
10-16-2017, 08:17 AM
The whole training staff is a dud. Look i understand injuries happen but I watch a lot of games and announcers never go on and on about injuries the way they do for the packers game after game. At this point I'd rather have the strength and conditioning staff be led by Richard Simmons.

pbmax
10-16-2017, 08:48 AM
It was in the background of one of the replays. Barr went up to Adams and put his helmet on Adams in a "macho" celebratory way. The penalty was completely warranted.

That is what I saw. What I don't remember his how OOB the actual tackle on the ball got.

Smidgeon
10-16-2017, 10:43 AM
That is what I saw. What I don't remember his how OOB the actual tackle on the ball got.

On replay, I thought they could have thrown a flag on the extra shove out of bounds. Run real-speed (as slow-motion either makes things look better or worse), it looks a lot more border line.

bobblehead
10-17-2017, 08:13 AM
dud- the turf?

Don't worry. We won't be the national game of the week for awhile. Troy is boning up on the Eagles roster atm.

bobblehead
10-17-2017, 08:17 AM

But they did it without their QB, RB1 or WR1

bobblehead
10-17-2017, 08:20 AM
The whole training staff is a dud. Look i understand injuries happen but I watch a lot of games and announcers never go on and on about injuries the way they do for the packers game after game. At this point I'd rather have the strength and conditioning staff be led by Richard Simmons.

BRING BLACK JACK LELANE!!!

pbmax
10-17-2017, 08:40 AM

They had 2 or 3 weeks to prep a game plan for the backup. I bet Keenum actually saw some practice snaps too.

C'mon, give the offense a week to adjust.

I don't know how to feel about the defense. Despite all the carnage, they kept it close and got the ball back. Hell, they manufactured the offenses second score.

pbmax
10-17-2017, 08:41 AM
BRING BLACK JACK LELANE!!!

You don't need a gym or fancy equipment, just use your kitchen chair.

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 09:00 AM
Don't worry. We won't be the national game of the week for awhile. Troy is boning up on the Eagles roster atm.

the 'boning up' part is probably true.

Zool
10-17-2017, 11:32 AM
the 'boning up' part is probably true.

Being an ex-Cowboy, is this like a grudge jerk for old Troy?

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Being an ex-Cowboy, is this like a grudge jerk for old Troy?

I've heard he is pervasive.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 12:49 PM

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/17/16487300/2017-nfl-power-rankings-curated-week-7

FROM SBNATION: NFL POWER RANKINGS

NFL power rankings 2017: Tracking where teams are entering Week 7

The Chiefs are no longer undefeated, but they are still the top team.

By Jon Benne@LordBenne Oct 17, 2017, 1:13pm EDT

I'm feeling sorry but here's your Reality Check and where noted NFL Sites have the Green Bay Packers Ranked Vs our Rival Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings have moved past the Green Bay Packers too Week Seven of the NFL Schedule.

It is what it really is ! I'm feeling sorry for you and your fan.....ness. That has to be tough !

The Viking are 'in fact' ahead of the Packers and THE NFL POWER RANKING and that's the case across the entire board on NFL.Com and ESPN and CBS and Yahoo Internet Pro Sports Sites.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
10-17-2017, 01:26 PM

They did it because of their defense. If we had their defense the loss of #12 wouldn't be so devastating.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 01:58 PM
They did it because of their defense. If we had their defense the loss of #12 wouldn't be so devastating.

Then you evidently agree with wist43.

Until TT and the Defensive expertise on the Green Bay Packers Staff can draft on 'D' the Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl is in all probability a mere illusion. Great NFL Teams have great 'D's'.

It's a hand and hand thing:

A great QB and 'O' also needs 'at least a decent 'D'.

The Packers do not have a decent 'D'. That is particularly the case and Pass Rush now and in the Packer Secondary.

The Green Bay Packers need a whole different direction and Drafting for the next five Seasons. For the past five Seasons Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team and the DC etc. have blown it and getting the help that Aaron Rodgers and the Packer 'O' has needed on DEFENSE.

What's the answer Pugger if it isn't a prayer that TT steps away?

Bossman641
10-17-2017, 03:00 PM

Until TT and the Defensive expertise on the Green Bay Packers Staff can draft on 'D' the Green Bay Packers and Super Bowl is in all probability a mere illusion. Great NFL Teams have great 'D's'.

The Packers do not have a decent 'D'. That is particularly the case and Pass Rush now and in the Packer Secondary.

The Green Bay Packers need a whole different direction and Drafting for the next five Seasons. For the past five Seasons Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team and the DC etc. have blown it and getting the help that Aaron Rodgers and the Packer 'O' has needed on DEFENSE.

It's not as easy as that Woodbuck. Having a great QB is a gift but there are negatives that go along with it. The QB pay scale has caught up recently where even average QB's are in Rodgers' vicinity but prior to that there was a significant difference between what the top QB's and average QB's were getting. In addition, the elite QB's keep you at a level where you never bottom out and draft near the top.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 03:19 PM
It's not as easy as that Woodbuck. Having a great QB is a gift but there are negatives that go along with it. The QB pay scale has caught up recently where even average QB's are in Rodgers' vicinity but prior to that there was a significant difference between what the top QB's and average QB's were getting. In addition, the elite QB's keep you at a level where you never bottom out and draft near the top.

The DRAFT is Seven Rounds. You have a brand new Draft Class.

You must draft talent sure but you also must draft potential NFL players with true heart and real determination the guts to play in the Packer System.That is where I believe the 'key' exists. Draft REAL NFL football players. You must have a Scout Team focused on that after your Elite QB. To truly add support to that Elite QB. There has been an obvious fail there.

That fact must be clearly evident. I can attest to this as a TRUTH.We have some very bright football fans not simply Homer Packer fans here at Packerrats. I know that because I must be as a fan in touch with all that's going on in the NFL or I fail as an amatuer analyst. I fail as a Pro Pickem competitor with a solid record.

I know the Elite Draft picks go in Round 1 and the Packers generally or over the past decade (and Aaron Rodgers) pick in the bottom third of that round; but good Scouting has to somehow compensate.

After that it comes down to a solid Program and not having adversity kick your Rosters ass.

I'm simply frustrated with 'excuses being the order for the end of every Season'. Is it anything really and bad luck or bad karma?

Whatever...I vote for a real change. Will that be better?

I don't know but PLEASE we need something before Aaron Rodgers cannot compete. That window and opportunity just closed some more last Sunday.

Smidgeon
10-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Let's wait to assess the D until they at least have most of their defensive starters (including secondary) back.

CB1, CB2, and S/Hybrid1 were all out. In Minnesota's game, they were down to one cornerback and three safeties (two backups) on the field due to injuries.

Daniels is still (obviously) hurting. Either that or he's in a funk.

Interesting to me is they have budding stars/potential at all three levels on defense. Clark/Martinez/King could be something.

Bossman641
10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Interesting to me is they have budding stars/potential at all three levels on defense. Clark/Martinez/King could be something.

Was just thinking the same thing the other day, and I've always felt you need difference makers at all 3 levels to have a good defense. They still need a pass rusher though.

When's the last time we've had difference makers at every level? Raji/CM3/Woodson?

Smidgeon
10-17-2017, 04:54 PM
Was just thinking the same thing the other day, and I've always felt you need difference makers at all 3 levels to have a good defense. They still need a pass rusher though.

When's the last time we've had difference makers at every level? Raji/CM3/Woodson?

Perhaps. But I think the new trio is better than Raji, although none of them are CM3 or Woodson. So averages less than then? Though Clark could really be good. He was tackling players even after being knocked to his knees.

Pugger
10-18-2017, 10:36 AM

Are our defensive problems because of TT or Capers? Ted doesn't seem to have a problem drafting offensive players so he must have some skill when it comes to evaluating talent.

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 11:13 AM
I think the Defense just gets lax because they usually have Rodgers to bail them out.

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMbSnzWWsAEV4vB.jpg

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:04 PM
^^^^ mediocre

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:05 PM
I think the Defense just gets lax because they usually have Rodgers to bail them out.

They need to play like they think they are the best, Barr none.

Zool
10-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Thompson doesn't know how to draft defense.

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 12:16 PM

If that was Year to Date, I'd be more impressed. Regardless, it seems like we finally got a top tier talent in round 1. Getting the pick of the litter probably helped.

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 12:24 PM

Impressive and hopeful.

RashanGary
10-20-2017, 11:12 AM
The nice thing about Clark playing so well is that he just turned 22 this month. So he’s still younger than over half the rookies. So next year will really be the year to know what we’ve got. He’s still developing.

Who knows, maybe this year we struggle adapting to hundley, go 8-8.... then we draft a stud pass rusher, Clark becomes a dominant force just in time to catch the back end of Daniels prime.... who knows.... maybe losing Rodgers this year sets us up for a great defense next year.