PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

Tony Oday
10-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Ok so our Oline finally broke him, if he has surgery is it an 8 week recovery or is there no chance this season unless BH vastly improved or Romo rides to the rescue?

pbmax
10-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Ok so our Oline finally broke him, if he has surgery is it an 8 week recovery or is there no chance this season unless BH vastly improved or Romo rides to the rescue?

He is having surgery so its out for the year more than likely.

Play Hundley. Forget Romo.

Tony Oday
10-16-2017, 04:11 PM
I thought surgery healed it faster?

ND72
10-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Radio today said with Surgery, it is likely 6-10 weeks before any movement is allowed on the arm, then therapy starts from there. Doctor on radio said even if 6 weeks is what he does, you're looking at another 3-5 weeks before he's even allowed back to the practice field. Best case he's back for Wild Card weekend. But, what it does is get him prepared and stronger faster for next year.

pbmax
10-16-2017, 04:25 PM

Radio today said with Surgery, it is likely 6-10 weeks before any movement is allowed on the arm, then therapy starts from there. Doctor on radio said even if 6 weeks is what he does, you're looking at another 3-5 weeks before he's even allowed back to the practice field. Best case he's back for Wild Card weekend. But, what it does is get him prepared and stronger faster for next year.

Yep. Surgery can get you to rehab a little faster than natural healing. But then you haven't moved the right arm in 6-10 weeks. Longer rehab. Would be easier to shorten if it was his left shoulder and could use the right during healing.

red
10-16-2017, 04:26 PM
yeah, the rehab is gonna be a bitch. hes looking at not moving that arm at all for a couple months

its gonna take time for the throwing arm to get anywhere close to where it needs to be

this is new bretts team for now. this is what he's been groomed for, the coach likes him, and the coch is suppose to be a QB guru according to many

so, we'll see. i do think the o-line will get him killed before the season is over. i mentioned it in preseason. our o-line only looks good when you have the wizard behind them. as soon as brett got back there and couldn't use his special powers to figure where to escape to, the line looked just as shitty as they actually are. and those were our good linemen

mraynrand
10-16-2017, 04:27 PM
It's still natural healing - the surgery is to put a plate in there to align the fracture, meaning it very likely was a total break, not a hairline deal like in 2013.

mraynrand
10-16-2017, 04:29 PM
as soon as brett got back there and couldn't use his special powers to figure where to escape to, the line looked just as shitty as they actually are. and those were our good linemen

How many snaps did he have behind the intact starting O-line?

There was a pretty complicated dance that Rodgers and Bacteria mastered up and got used to. All that crap is gonna have to get refigured on the fly, possibly with backups to backups.

red
10-16-2017, 04:30 PM
also, after talking to a few old timers today, it sounds like someone needs to teach a-rod how to fall

sounds like the worst thing you can do in that situation is try and put your hand out to break the fall

other sports (hockey) teach you to never do that

mraynrand
10-16-2017, 04:34 PM
also, after talking to a few old timers today, it sounds like someone needs to teach a-rod how to fall

sounds like the worst thing you can do in that situation is try and put your hand out to break the fall

Well he wasn't falling, he was being tackled/landed upon. Maybe he can't roll out of that. he tucks in the arm and maybe gets a separated shoulder. The collarbone break is an easier recovery, with better long-term prognosis, in terms of shoulder function and throwing motion.

pbmax
10-16-2017, 04:47 PM
He almost rolled out of the McClellin hit, he got it turned to his off shoulder but couldn't quite complete the roll before he hit the turf.

Pugger
10-16-2017, 04:50 PM

How did our Oline break him when Rodgers wasn't even in the pocket when he got hit??

Rutnstrut
10-16-2017, 05:06 PM
How did our Oline break him when Rodgers wasn't even in the pocket when he got hit??

Previous hits weakened him?

Pugger
10-16-2017, 05:12 PM
Previous hits weakened him?

I suspect Aaron put his arm and elbow out to break his fall and that made the injury worse. :sad:

bobblehead
10-16-2017, 05:16 PM

In skiing once you are going down you collapse the knees so you basically sit hard and then roll with it.

mraynrand
10-16-2017, 05:34 PM
In skiing once you are going down you collapse the knees so you basically sit hard and then roll with it.

how often is a 250 lb linebacker jumping on you when you ski on flat artificial turf?

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2017, 07:03 PM

Why the hell do you think he wasn't in the pocket? Actually, there probably never was a pocket - that's the usual situation.

Romo wouldn't last a half with our O Line - and I mean the starters, much less this replacement bunch.

Hundley is a decent QB, but his glaring weakness in the preseason was lack of instinct to avoid the pass rush. I think he's got the mobility, but he has to learn when to use it. I think he has a good arm too, but I'm worried McCarthy will get overly cautious and not unleash him.

As I said yesterday, this season is not down the drain, whether Rodgers comes back or not. It will be damn tough, though, thanks to the mediocre supporting talent Ted Thompson blessed us with.

Patler
10-16-2017, 07:17 PM

You didn't have to talk to old timers today, all you had to do was listen to this old timer in the game day thread yesterday. :wink: :lol:

That is often how collar bones are broken.

It was an easy call for me. I have seen numerous broken collar bones in hockey, including to one of my sons, caused the same way. As explained by an ortho to me, with an extended arm jammed the way it was, the force is transmitted to the collar bone, which can break quite easily.

Harlan Huckleby
10-16-2017, 07:29 PM
The natives will be restless until ARod is placed on IR.

People of Packerland, your god is dead!

All Worship Hundley.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2017, 07:35 PM
With the new rule about bringing people back from IR, there's no reason to wait. On the fairly slim (I guess) chance he can come back this season, it can be done.

Damn Right, worship Hundley - or at least hope, pray, and trust in him. He's clearly the best option, and Callahan is clearly the second best.

SMBASS
10-16-2017, 08:47 PM
At this point in the season I don't want to see any other QB brought in. It reeks of desperation and rarely has any lasting benefits. You roll with Hundley and Callahan and figure out if either of them are worth hanging onto in the future. Decisions are going to have to be made about what to do with Hundley anyways so this is the perfect test. Hundley has 3 years in the system so this isn't like being forced to play a rookie or someone fresh off of the street.

red
10-16-2017, 08:57 PM
You didn't have to talk to old timers today, all you had to do was listen to this old timer in the game day thread yesterday. :wink: :lol:

oh don't worry, i was including you with the other old timers

i remember you saying that yesterday

woodbuck27
10-16-2017, 10:00 PM

There's no way a sensible Man like Tony Romo would come back to the NFL with his History of back problems and even imagine now that he could get it done behind our crippled OL and with the pathetic state of The Packer Defense.

This Season is very likely 'a Write Off '.

The excuses are already written.

TT and MM will be back doing the same Ole same Ole again next Season.

woodbuck27
10-16-2017, 10:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/41516/surgery-could-be-the-best-option-for-aaron-rodgers-broken-collarbone

Surgery could be the best option for Aaron Rodgers' broken collarbone

Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- " ... If Aaron Rodgers has surgery to repair his broken collarbone, it could help facilitate a return before this season is over.

While surgery would be far more invasive than just rest and recovery, it might be the best option for the Green Bay Packers quarterback.

“Actually, surgery would accelerate the recovery, not the other way around,” ESPN injury analyst Stephania Bell said. “You can begin moving much sooner because the fracture is stabilized by the hardware.” ..."

Good Luck Aaron.

Pugger
10-17-2017, 01:44 AM
Why the hell do you think he wasn't in the pocket? Actually, there probably never was a pocket - that's the usual situation.

Romo wouldn't last a half with our O Line - and I mean the starters, much less this replacement bunch.

Hundley is a decent QB, but his glaring weakness in the preseason was lack of instinct to avoid the pass rush. I think he's got the mobility, but he has to learn when to use it. I think he has a good arm too, but I'm worried McCarthy will get overly cautious and not unleash him.

As I said yesterday, this season is not down the drain, whether Rodgers comes back or not. It will be damn tough, though, thanks to the mediocre supporting talent Ted Thompson blessed us with.

Rodgers often moves out of the pocket even when he has his starting OL in there.

I don't anticipate Rodgers returning to play this season. And I hope he doesn't. I say let him heal completely and come back in 2018 with a vengeance.

Tony Oday
10-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Would be interesting if BH goes 6-4 the 10 games and looks good. TT would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for him then.

Pugger
10-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Would be interesting if BH goes 6-4 the 10 games and looks good. TT would be able to get a 1st and a 3rd for him then.

And if Hundley bombs we are picking in the top 10 and high in subsequent rounds so this could be a win/win situation for us if we are looking for silver linings now that our season has gone to hell.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 01:37 PM
And if Hundley bombs we are picking in the top 10 and high in subsequent rounds so this could be a win/win situation for us if we are looking for silver linings now that our season has gone to hell.

Who do you have winning the NFCN Pugger if the Packers season has gone to hell?

Why am I thinking you (may) respond Lions !?

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2017, 02:11 PM
We got outscored 16-10 with Hundley suddenly thrown in to play - against the Vikings at their place, despite bad officiating, despite bad shaky play calling by McCarthy, despite a miscue on the goal line by Montgomery. How many teams that we play the rest of the way are not as good as the Vikings at their place? I would say all but 2 or 3 at most.

Post #24 above is intriguing. Most of us assumed that surgery makes a return less likely; According to that ESPN expert, it makes a return more likely.

I say, it's a little too soon to talk about the season being down the drain.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 02:22 PM
At this point in the season I don't want to see any other QB brought in. It reeks of desperation and rarely has any lasting benefits. You roll with Hundley and Callahan and figure out if either of them are worth hanging onto in the future. Decisions are going to have to be made about what to do with Hundley anyways so this is the perfect test. Hundley has 3 years in the system so this isn't like being forced to play a rookie or someone fresh off of the street.

Exactly..I totally see it as you do.

I liked MM's response to Green Bay now and the rest of this Season minus Aaron Rodgers:

His response is really all too obviously 'the reality'. He has to be respected for any of his anger and any suggestion otherwise.

I understand the insult to MM and his development Program and time 3 and 2 Years spent on Arod's Backups.

No other Unsigned (wanna be NFL QB) would trump what he has worked so hard to develop under his STAR QB and arguably best player in the NFL.

GO PACKERS !

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 02:25 PM
We got outscored 16-10 with Hundley suddenly thrown in to play - against the Vikings at their place, despite bad officiating, despite bad shaky play calling by McCarthy, despite a miscue on the goal line by Montgomery. How many teams that we play the rest of the way are not as good as the Vikings at their place? I would say all but 2 or 3 at most.

Post #24 above is intriguing. Most of us assumed that surgery makes a return less likely; According to that ESPN expert, it makes a return more likely.

You forgot the injuries. I mean the O-line and d-back situations were unreal.

People ought to give hRod Hundley at least one week as a starter before they soil their diapers.

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 02:44 PM
If Rodgers keeps getting injured, he's never gonna catch the win leaders

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMTBI-3XUAAFQg7.jpg

Pugger
10-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Who do you have winning the NFCN Pugger if the Packers season has gone to hell?

Why am I thinking you (may) respond Lions !?

Stafford is too inconsistent so MN might end up winning it because of their defense. But because their O is beat up I don't see them doing much in the post season should they win the North.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Stafford is too inconsistent so MN might end up winning it because of their defense. But because their O is beat up I don't see them doing much in the post season should they win the North.

So for you it's PACKERS ALL...THE...WAY !!!!!!

:knll:

:bclap:

:wow:

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2017, 04:24 PM

For hardcore Packer fans, it's super bowl or the bottle. I get that, especially when team has a great QB in his prime.

I want to be entertained on Sunday afternoons. Hundley looks like he can be competitive.

woodbuck27
10-17-2017, 04:46 PM
For hardcore Packer fans, it's super bowl or the bottle. I get that, especially when team has a great QB in his prime.

I want to be entertained on Sunday afternoons. Hundley looks like he can be competitive.

Damn! I hope your right.

Smidgeon
10-17-2017, 04:56 PM

Well, you'll get entertainment. Never knowing what's going to happen from here on out. ;)

Fosco33
10-17-2017, 05:21 PM
I'd be fine having Kap be Hundley's backup. I have no faith in Callahan or the offensive line in it's current state. I think someone else will pickup Kap and we'll end up with an untested, unproven nobody.

gbgary
10-17-2017, 06:01 PM
I'd be fine having Kap be Hundley's backup. I have no faith in Callahan or the offensive line in it's current state. I think someone else will pickup Kap and we'll end up with an untested, unproven nobody.

which is fine. it's all about the draft now.

gbgary
10-18-2017, 10:25 AM
https://www.packerforum.com/attachments/22519266_1376363825795886_4543176400761691209_n-696x519-jpg.3961/

Patler
10-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Is that actually from Rodgers?
Ist it showing multiple breaks?

Patler
10-18-2017, 10:35 AM
It sort of looks like a plate and pins in the center, and a single pin at the end.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 10:49 AM
It sort of looks like a plate and pins in the center, and a single pin at the end.

Its Michael Jordan crying over the injustice of the break.

hoosier
10-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Looks like the AC process got messed up too. And those eyes, those eyes: not MJ but BF with demonic red eyes.

gbgary
10-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Its Michael Jordan crying over the injustice of the break.

yup. it's the most genius crying jordan meme i've seen yet. lol

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 11:14 AM
yup. it's the most genius crying jordan meme i've seen yet. lol

it's just beautiful. I didn't see it at first and thought that was additional trauma. I was right, but in the wrong way!

QBME
10-18-2017, 04:07 PM
https://www.packerforum.com/attachments/22519266_1376363825795886_4543176400761691209_n-696x519-jpg.3961/

C'mon man...click bait...

Pugger
10-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Is that actually from Rodgers?
Ist it showing multiple breaks?

If this is indeed Rodgers' actual x-ray somebody is going to jail.

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 09:04 AM

Hungry hungry HIPAA.

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 09:35 AM
After reading post # 52 I must revise this post.

For posterity and the legal Minny LBer Anthony Barr tackle on Aaron Rodgers;the contact is clearly shown (up close) in a video and the following LINK.

I see a wrap up tackle here and no intentional hit to injure the QB.

A......Does Barr launch himself and lead with his helmet?

Anthony Barr's helmet does contact Rodgers but not in any manner to injure. Barr does not launch his body and lead with his helmet like a missile.

Any head (helmet) contact is simply a matter of course and the wrap-up tackle.

B.... Does Barr drive Aaron Rodgers to the ground to injure him?

I don't believe so.

I see a pure wrap up tackle and with some of Barrs weight on Aaron and that added weight to Aaron's weight and with Aaron's hand and forearm on the ground first! This causes the forces up to the shoulder to cause the Collarbone break.

I see no unnecessary effort on behalf of Anthony Barr to injure Aaron Rodgers.

http://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-broken-collarbone-2017-10

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Barr wraps up Aaron Rodgers with his tackle and he rolls off Rodgers and not adding his weight to Aaron's body state as it reaches the field surface.

This is misleading. The critical point is that Barr followed through on the tackle, well after the ball was away. His full body weight plus momentum was applied as Rodgers' arm hit the turf. Barr could have pulled up and lessened the blow, but he did not. I'm glad he was knocked out of the game (probably through his own idiocy). If he plays in the second game, the O-line needs to pulverize him.

ThunderDan
10-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Completely misleading. Here is a link to a video of the hit that actually lets you move it frame by frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwVb93mGgfg

At the 24 second mark of the video you can see Barr completely on top of ARod at impact. Rodgers rolls to get him off quickly but at impact Barr was on top of ARod.

SudsMcBucky
10-19-2017, 10:22 AM

If Rodgers doesn't come back this year, and Hundley can't play even adequately as a backup and we have to go to either Callahan or someone not even on the team as of this moment, our season is done, anyway. No need to bring in Kaepernick. The Pack have been prepping Hundley for 3 years now for the possibility of an unfortunate incident like this. And I don't want someone like CK to come in and be a possible disruption to BH, the fans, and the team.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 01:37 PM
If Rodgers doesn't come back this year, and Hundley can't play even adequately as a backup and we have to go to either Callahan or someone not even on the team as of this moment, our season is done, anyway. No need to bring in Kaepernick. The Pack have been prepping Hundley for 3 years now for the possibility of an unfortunate incident like this. And I don't want someone like CK to come in and be a possible disruption to BH, the fans, and the team.

Fans may be convinced the season is done if BH doesn't respond well, but the standings may say otherwise.

Without Rodgers for 7 games, they still had a shot at the wild card when he came back.

If they are within striking distance of a playoff spot and BH hasn't been doing it, I could see Kaepernick headed to Green Bay.

I mean c'mon, Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon wants him here: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/wu-tang-clans-raekwon-wants-green-bay-packers-to-sign-colin-kaepernick/

https://media.tmz.com/2017/10/17/101617-raekown-kal-1080x608.jpeg

SudsMcBucky
10-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Fans may be convinced the season is done if BH doesn't respond well, but the standings may say otherwise.

With Rodgers for 7 games, they still had a shot at the wild card when he came back.

If they are within striking distance of a playoff spot and BH hasn't been doing it, I could see Kaepernick headed to Green Bay.

I mean c'mon, Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon wants him here: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/17/wu-tang-clans-raekwon-wants-green-bay-packers-to-sign-colin-kaepernick/

https://media.tmz.com/2017/10/17/101617-raekown-kal-1080x608.jpeg

Clearly I stand corrected. If Wu-Tang wants CK in GB, who am I to say otherwise?

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Clearly I stand corrected. If Wu-Tang wants CK in GB, who am I to say otherwise?

Poon Tang >>> SudsMcBucky

SudsMcBucky
10-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Poon Tang >>> SudsMcBucky

Now that's just mean.....:)

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Now that's just mean.....:)

Like you said, if this Poon Tang guy is in favor of bringing in Kaepernick, what choice do we have but to acquiesce? Hopefully he gets a haircut, ortherwise how will he put that oversized cap back on his pin-sized head?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Colin-Kaepernick_Thearon-W.-Henderson_Getty-Images-1024x682.jpg

gbgary
10-19-2017, 04:22 PM

r e l a x. that's a generic xray. look again and you'll see crying michael jordon in the collar bone. crying jordon is a popular internet joke for anyone who's lost a recent game.

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Isn't there like 300 members of the Wu Tang Clan out there.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Ian Rapoport is in the waiting room

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, who broke his collarbone on Sunday, had surgery to repair it today, source said.

denverYooper
10-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Good point. What do the RZA, the GZA, U God, Ghostface Killah, Method Man and Capadonna think?

Do the Killa Bees' opinions count?

Pugger
10-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Ian Rapoport is in the waiting room

#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, who broke his collarbone on Sunday, had surgery to repair it today, source said.

I wonder where the surgery was performed...

esoxx
10-19-2017, 11:45 PM
I wonder where the surgery was performed...

Pretty sure it was on his collar bone.

Pugger
10-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Pretty sure it was on his collar bone.

:lol:

I was just wondering if the procedure was done in GB...

QBME
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Good point. What do the RZA, the GZA, U God, Ghostface Killah, Method Man and Capadonna think?

Do the Killa Bees' opinions count?

http://i67.tinypic.com/2im6fkm.jpg

gbgary
10-20-2017, 07:11 PM
officially to IR.

gbgary
10-22-2017, 09:16 AM
report-doctors-believe-rodgers-can-throw-in-6-weeks (https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1404018-report-doctors-believe-rodgers-can-throw-in-6-weeks)

woodbuck27
10-24-2017, 02:56 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740052-report-doctors-told-aaron-rodgers-he-will-be-able-to-throw-in-december?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Report: Doctors Told Aaron Rodgers He Will Be Able to Throw in December

BY: TIMOTHY RAPP ...OCTOBER 22, 2017

" Doctors have reportedly informed the Green Bay Packers that quarterback Aaron Rodgers may be able to throw in six weeks, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com. That would give him a return date sometime in December."

Patler
10-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Found this regarding an appearance tonight by AR with Conan O'Brien:

In a preview clip, Rodgers discusses the injury that will likely sideline him for the rest of the season.

“I rolled out to my right, I threw the ball, and I got tackled and slammed on the ground, but I’m good now. Thirteen screws later and here I am,” Rodgers said.

Thirteen screws???
That must be one every inch!

mraynrand
10-26-2017, 10:36 AM
He wasn't talking about the surgery

Patler
10-26-2017, 10:51 AM
He wasn't talking about the surgery

So, more like two for every inch?

mraynrand
10-26-2017, 11:35 AM
So, more like two for every inch?

I don't peek

QBME
10-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Found this regarding an appearance tonight by AR with Conan O'Brien:

Thirteen screws???
That must be one every inch!

A Rod is snarkier than that. I believe he is on a skinny HMO plan.

Tony Oday
12-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a bone density scan away from playing...

pbmax
12-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Why worry? This guy has it figured out:

JS Comments @JSComments
Let Rodgers play with all those screws still left in and just add some padding there.

hoosier
12-11-2017, 02:19 PM
This is a bone density scan of Martellus Bennett before, during and after ARod's injury.

http://www.osteoporosisinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/13.jpg

mraynrand
12-11-2017, 02:39 PM
^^^ lol

mraynrand
12-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Why worry? This guy has it figured out:

JS Comments @JSComments
Let Rodgers play with all those screws still left in and just add some padding there.

https://znculturecast.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/thecage5.jpg

Vincenzo
12-11-2017, 03:29 PM
MM is scheduled to do an interview which is to be on the NFL Network within an hour from now. My bet is he’s going to announce Rodgers is playing Sunday in Carolina.
stupid thing is even if we do win out, a 10-6 team won’t make it this season.

Pugger
12-11-2017, 04:00 PM
MM said in his presser that Aaron had the scans this morning but he hadn't heard from the doctors yet. He half jokingly said if McKenzie doesn't tell him by tomorrow he'll be the next guy on IR. :lol:

red
12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
MM said in his presser that Aaron had the scans this morning but he hadn't heard from the doctors yet. He half jokingly said if McKenzie doesn't tell him by tomorrow he'll be the next guy on IR. :lol:

thats kinda odd

should be an almost immediate thing. is it healed or not

Joemailman
12-11-2017, 05:11 PM
thats kinda odd

With all the anticipation of Rodgers coming back, I wonder how the team would deal with it mentally if the answer is "not yet".

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2017, 08:23 PM
not to mention the fans

Pugger
12-11-2017, 11:49 PM
thats kinda odd

Perhaps they want the surgeon to look at the scans and confirm McKenzie's diagnosis?

pbmax
12-12-2017, 11:00 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892088/article/packers-aaron-rodgers-at-crossroads-with-key-decision

This article starts with things no one said to Rapoport. But then he gets to the nub of the argument:

As Packers doctor Pat McKenzie and other experts evaluate the scan, the decision was described as a "risk/reward" decision. The bone isn't fully healed -- and there was no chance it was going to be after two months. That was the expectation. Typically, 80-percent healed is healthy enough to be on the field. And Rodgers chose a surgical procedure involving two plates and 13 screws as an aggressive way of accelerating healing and protecting his throwing shoulder. It was a success.

So its not 100% and had no chance of being 100%. Is it 80%? RapSheet doesn't know. So you are left with two choices, McKenzie is consuming with specialist to see if its truly above 80 everywhere OR the debate about 79-81% is being done at the front office level.

My bet is on the former.

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 11:54 AM
FYI, here is what 57.6% looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49vo1JvT8Ss

woodbuck27
12-12-2017, 01:33 PM
This is all very interesting. :idea:

ThunderDan
12-12-2017, 01:48 PM
McKenzie is consuming with specialist to see if its truly above 80 everywhere OR the debate about 79-81% is being done at the front office level.

Hope they had a great meal.

QBME
12-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Hope they had a great meal.

You stole my thunder, Dan.

red
12-12-2017, 02:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892088/article/packers-aaron-rodgers-at-crossroads-with-key-decision

This article starts with things no one said to Rapoport. But then he gets to the nub of the argument:

So its not 100% and had no chance of being 100%. Is it 80%? RapSheet doesn't know. So you are left with two choices, McKenzie is consuming with specialist to see if its truly above 80 everywhere OR the debate about 79-81% is being done at the front office level.

My bet is on the former.

the plates will make the bone stronger then it was. with 2 plates it could be stronger even if the bone is still completely broken

the concern might be other plate failure, and what would happen to the not healed bone if a plate fails

Rutnstrut
12-12-2017, 03:19 PM
the plates will make the bone stronger then it was. with 2 plates it could be stronger even if the bone is still completely broken

the concern might be other plate failure, and what would happen to the not healed bone if a plate fails

If it makes it stronger than it was, there has to be a new weak point. The plates may not fail, but something can.

denverYooper
12-12-2017, 03:30 PM

My bet is on the former.

I assumed it was that in combination with M3 wanting to delay any announcement for as long as he could possibly get away with it.

woodbuck27
12-12-2017, 03:54 PM
It makes ZERO sense to me to play Aaron Rodgers again if he's just 80-81 % healed.

Just let this Season play out and allow 100% healing.

That's just my thinking and my IQ and Life is simply about common sense.

The Green Bay Packers are just frankly not a good Football team this year and the NFC is loaded with good football teams.

Why risk Aaron Rodgers for any short term and improbable chance and Playoffs or about 40%; and after that, a miserable one and done once in the Playoffs.

My prediction based on common sense:

Aaron Rodgers is done this Season and there are too many other reasons the Green Bay Packers want it just that way.

Everyone back next Season for another 'Brand New Fresh Start'.

woodbuck27
12-12-2017, 04:03 PM
I've not read this to this point in time or before this post:

Packers, Aaron Rodgers at crossroads with key decision

By: Ian Rapoport ... NFL Network Insider

Published: Dec. 12, 2017 at 11:39 a.m. Updated: Dec. 12, 2017 at 04:34 p.m.

Harlan Huckleby
12-12-2017, 04:30 PM
The Green Bay Packers are just frankly not a good Football team this year and the NFC is loaded with good football teams.

Why risk Aaron Rodgers for any short term and improbable chance and Playoffs or about 40%; and after that, a miserable one and done once in the Playoffs.

http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/politifact/photos/PolitiFact-Ohio-True.jpg

Rutnstrut
12-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Bringing him back really makes no sense. This team is pathetically terrible, they aren't a championship team.

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Bringing him back really makes no sense. This team is pathetically terrible, they aren't a championship team.

It's hard to take this seriously. Packers were 4-1 with Rodgers. They nearly beat Pittsburgh without him. I get the accumulated injury deal, but that's a problem for everyone. Just ask Philly. You never know what's going to happen. Maybe with Rodgers back, and with a two-headed running game, the Packers could dominate TOP against other teams and protect their defensive-back depleted defense and be totally competitive. If Rodgers is healthy, who knows - maybe he gets as blistering hot as in 2010 and they run a team off the field when they weren't supposed to and it propels them to Championship. Careers are limited, you never want to miss an opportunity, no matter how improbable.

Joemailman
12-12-2017, 06:03 PM
It's hard to take this seriously. Packers were 4-1 with Rodgers. They nearly beat Pittsburgh without him. I get the accumulated injury deal, but that's a problem for everyone. Just ask Philly. You never know what's going to happen. Maybe with Rodgers back, and with a two-headed running game, the Packers could dominate TOP against other teams and protect their defensive-back depleted defense and be totally competitive. If Rodgers is healthy, who knows - maybe he gets as blistering hot as in 2010 and they run a team off the field when they weren't supposed to and it propels them to Championship. Careers are limited, you never want to miss an opportunity, no matter how improbable.

I think if Rodgers had not gotten hurt, they would be 10-3 right now and right in the hunt for best record in the NFC. The cornerback situation would be an issue, but they would be a team others couldn't take lightly.

denverYooper
12-12-2017, 06:03 PM

This is important. One thing the Rodgers-less offense has done is found that they have a couple of great young RBs, at least one of whom can catch.

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 06:06 PM
I think if Rodgers had not gotten hurt, they would be 10-3 right now and right in the hunt for best record in the NFC. The cornerback situation would be an issue, but they would be a team others couldn't take lightly.

I had them at 10-3 as well. Losses at ATL, MN, Pittsburgh. Figured they lose at Carolina and win MN and at Det.

Maybe they would even be 11-2 because of Pitt, but unsure.

Still, why the hell give up now? At least wait until after Carolina...

Rutnstrut
12-12-2017, 06:23 PM
This is important. One thing the Rodgers-less offense has done is found that they have a couple of great young RBs, at least one of whom can catch.

True, but I doubt stubby utilizes them if he has Rodgers back.

denverYooper
12-12-2017, 06:43 PM

Valid point.

texaspackerbacker
12-12-2017, 07:07 PM
They say 80% healed is suitable to play. Assuming it's true that Rodgers wants to play, PLAY HIM!

I've been a big supporter of Hundley, but the fact is, the game at Carolina is probably the toughest of the three, and it's unlikely we could win it without Aaron Rodgers. If we lose at Carolina with him, then sit him out.

What's the worst case? Back to square one with a re-break. He then still should be completely healed by next season.

QBME
12-12-2017, 07:11 PM

That's the little glimmer of hope that clicks with me. I've always heard that an O-Line prefers run blocking and that it really helps when the D doesn't know exactly what you're going to do. Keeps them off balance and easier to handle.

Harlan Huckleby
12-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Who here thinks Rodgers can step on the field Sunday and play at the same level he was at before being carted off the field?

I like you, you've got spirit. I'd like to share an incredible opportunity with you. I'm selling gold commemorative packer coins, have only a few left. Send me a private message and I'll share the opportunity with fellow good people.

Fosco33
12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
You guys are hilarious. If he's healthy enough - he can and should play. Anytime you have a shot at a post season with aaron - you grasp at it like a fat kid on birthday cake.

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Who here thinks Rodgers can step on the field Sunday and play at the same level he was at before being carted off the field?

I like you, you've got spirit. I'd like to share an incredible opportunity with you. I'm selling gold commemorative packer coins, have only a few left. Send me a private message and I'll share the opportunity with fellow good people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

Maxie the Taxi
12-12-2017, 07:57 PM
No matter what I want as a fan, if Arod plays Sunday, he's got some guts. Carolina is leading the league in sacks and QB hits I think. And with our O-line?

I wonder if the Panthers will take that shot at him if they can, or if they'll back off when they can out of respect?

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 08:03 PM
No matter what I want as a fan, if Arod plays Sunday, he's got some guts. Carolina is leading the league in sacks and QB hits I think. And with our O-line?

I wonder if the Panthers will take that shot at him if they can, or if they'll back off when they can out of respect?

WWPD?*

*What would Peppers do? He still owes him for that Chicago loss!

Joemailman
12-12-2017, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

I like the long version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtH5bUeX1s

channtheman
12-12-2017, 08:34 PM
I like the long version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtH5bUeX1s

People really film themselves watching football games, eh? I'm especially surprised by the Bears fans. They must really want to know what heartbreak looks like.

Zool
12-12-2017, 08:36 PM

So the two available options are pathetically terrible and championship level. Fuck gray am I right? All black and white.

texaspackerbacker
12-12-2017, 08:42 PM

I think he can - actually probably higher now because of the RB situation.

Rutnstrut
12-12-2017, 09:14 PM
I think he can - actually probably higher now because of the RB situation.

You really think stubby is going to use those backs if he has rodgers on the field? They will get a bit behind, stubby will panic and call deep pass plays. Then the pathetic GB oline will get Rodgers hurt again. Now if they had even a mediocre defense and would actually stick to the running game. I think AR would be ok as they wouldn't be playing from behind.

denverYooper
12-12-2017, 09:25 PM
aaronrodgers12It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. #riseagain #

Vincenzo
12-12-2017, 09:31 PM
aaronrodgers12It's been a long road from that day to this, but I'm happy to say I've been medically cleared to return. Thanks for all the love, support, prayers, and well wishes over the past 8 weeks ❤️ and a big thank you to Dr McKenzie and our incredible training staff. #riseagain #
So I guess that makes it official?

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 09:33 PM
So I guess that makes it official?

just because he's cleared medically don't mean they're gonna play him. The last thing they need is for him to freak out and end up with NE.

Vincenzo
12-12-2017, 09:38 PM
just because he's cleared medically don't mean they're gonna play him. The last thing they need is for him to freak out and end up with NE.
He’s playing man.

texaspackerbacker
12-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Excellent News on a night when some Good was needed to outweigh bad.

pbmax
12-12-2017, 10:17 PM
You really think stubby is going to use those backs if he has rodgers on the field? They will get a bit behind, stubby will panic and call deep pass plays. Then the pathetic GB oline will get Rodgers hurt again. Now if they had even a mediocre defense and would actually stick to the running game. I think AR would be ok as they wouldn't be playing from behind.

Rut, you realize they were 4-1 this season with Rodgers? There may be fewer carries in a game, but that doesn't make them a worse offense with him back.

pbmax
12-12-2017, 10:18 PM

I wouldn't put it past this season. Though expect the Eagles to give the Pats a run for his services :lol:

pbmax
12-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Here's hoping SPRIGGS™ WATCH and collarbone alert don't meet.

Rutnstrut
12-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Rut, you realize they were 4-1 this season with Rodgers? There may be fewer carries in a game, but that doesn't make them a worse offense with him back.

And he got hit a lot in those games. What I'm saying is if he plays, it would be nice to see stubby use a gameplan that limits the risk of AR getting hit.

Bossman641
12-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Lol.. well done

wootah
12-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Welcome back, Gandalf.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxestcHUsAU2f-d.jpg

denverYooper
12-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Here's hoping SPRIGGS™ WATCH and collarbone alert don't meet.

Are they both IOT capable? Maybe we can set up some real-time tracking. I assume the admin password on those was left to the default.

mraynrand
12-13-2017, 07:04 AM

Don't forget, the scan was done on Monday - there will be 4-6.8% healing between Monday and Sunday for sure. Rodgers may be at 86.8% healed by gametime - if the game gets flexed to the night game maybe even 89%. If they win the toss and defer he might be 90% when he takes his first snap.

wootah
12-13-2017, 07:07 AM
Sure, chances are slim for PO qualification, but we're not talking about some random human over here, right?

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/276/files/2014/09/rodgers.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/5079136/Rodgers_2.gif

denverYooper
12-13-2017, 07:07 AM
Don't forget, the scan was done on Monday - there will be 4-6.8% healing between Monday and Sunday for sure. Rodgers may be at 86.8% healed by gametime - if the game gets flexed to the night game maybe even 89%. If they win the toss and defer he might be 90% when he takes his first snap.

Looks like you've found a new sabermetrics niche.

mraynrand
12-13-2017, 07:11 AM
Looks like you've found a new sabermetrics niche.

the only difference is that I make everything up. Maybe I could sell Green Bay a monorail...

pbmax
12-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Are they both IOT capable? Maybe we can set up some real-time tracking. I assume the admin password on those was left to the default.

Password? I guess.

My computer just opens them up, the program is called Windows I think. I just click on the big blue e.

pbmax
12-13-2017, 07:27 AM
the only difference is that I make everything up. Maybe I could sell Green Bay a monorail...

All of Wisconsin are building trolley's, so your time may soon be coming.

pbmax
12-13-2017, 07:28 AM
wootah, I forgot about that play. Can you imagine being part of the Bears defense and having that happen to you? It would drive good men insane.

pbmax
12-13-2017, 07:32 AM

I would buy your NFL injury tracker newsletter. But can you fathom what I meant by McKenzie consuming with other specialists? Was it a formal dinner or just a business lunch? RapSheet's article doesn't specify.

mraynrand
12-13-2017, 07:34 AM
I would buy your NFL injury tracker newsletter. But can you fathom what I meant by McKenzie consuming with other specialists? Was it a formal dinner or just a business lunch? RapSheet's article doesn't specify.

I can come up with some metrics on that. Give me a minute.

Pugger
12-13-2017, 09:02 AM

This.

And even if we miss the playoffs I'm just happy now we can watch competent QB play again for our favorite team.

Pugger
12-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Mike might if wants to keep defenses honest and to protect his QB's mended collarbone.

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 09:56 AM
Welcome back, Gandalf.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxestcHUsAU2f-d.jpg

This one of the GREATEST All Time Radio Guys and Sports.

Mike Francesa says that in his view, and he's seen a lot. In my view of things and who is this or that:

What Mike Francesa says you do not doubt, unless your either misinformed or possibly entirely ignorant. This Sports Man knows and said this morning on the NFL Network that.:

" Aaron Rodgers is the greatest Physically Gifted QB he's ever seen play in the NFL. " Mike Francesa

His spot this morning on the NFL Network was nothing short of fascinating. The Panel was in obvious awe of his every word.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/MikeFrancesa2008.jpg/330px-MikeFrancesa2008.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Francesa#Awards

Tony Oday
12-13-2017, 10:02 AM
The Pack win out, make the playoffs, beat the Vikings in the Divisional Round, beat the Rams in the NFCCC and go on to lose the SB to the Steelers.

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 10:06 AM
The Pack win out, make the playoffs, beat the Vikings in the Divisional Round, beat the Rams in the NFCCC and go on to lose the SB to the Steelers.

:wave:

There is nothing like some REAL chance;

Today the Experts on the Morning NFL Network have the Green Bay Packers at a 80% chance of making the Playoffs with Aaron Rodgers back.

If the Packers lose even one game remaining of the final three games; that chance drops way back to 3 %.

:pack:GO PACK GO !:pack:

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 10:27 AM

Yes. We have to be happy about that and the RB position.

We know we have a REAL RB (s) on our Team's Roster. We needed to see that develop this Season and I think we got there.

Pugger
12-13-2017, 11:10 AM

If the Steelers play us like they did a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't be so sure of a Pitt victory... ;-)

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 01:09 PM
If the Steelers play us like they did a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't be so sure of a Pitt victory... ;-)

The Pittsburgh Steelers are a scary Team to lay a lot of confidence on.

Pugger
12-13-2017, 01:59 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers are a scary Team to lay a lot of confidence on.

Yes they are but they can be had if your offense is clicking.

ZachMN
12-13-2017, 02:41 PM
They need to pour the coals on the offense and score as much as possible...even on fourth down in the fourth quarter to protect that defense. They should aim for 35 plus points since that's how the damn team is constructed...there was a time a few years ago I swear they could score 75 points if they wanted too....

woodbuck27
12-14-2017, 09:57 PM
They need to pour the coals on the offense and score as much as possible...even on fourth down in the fourth quarter to protect that defense. They should aim for 35 plus points since that's how the damn team is constructed...there was a time a few years ago I swear they could score 75 points if they wanted too....

Your absolutely correct it's all Systems full forward on Offense.

woodbuck27
12-14-2017, 09:57 PM
Yes they are but they can be had if your offense is clicking.

We're in agreement.

Pugger
12-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Did any of you see the number of fans lined up at the Atrium yesterday to get an autograph from Rodgers for a donation to the Salvation Army?? :whaa:

http://www.packers.com/photos/photo-gallery/Aaron-Rodgers-supports-Salvation-Army-meets-fans/cd318b54-147e-48e7-aeb6-3475c874b07b

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 07:11 AM
Did any of you see the number of fans lined up at the Atrium yesterday to get an autograph from Rodgers for a donation to the Salvation Army?? :whaa:

http://www.packers.com/photos/photo-gallery/Aaron-Rodgers-supports-Salvation-Army-meets-fans/cd318b54-147e-48e7-aeb6-3475c874b07b

I wend to the Pipkins signing instead. I'm the guy in the brown shirt.

http://media.al.com/businessnews/photo/9999627-large.jpg

pbmax
12-19-2017, 08:56 AM
I wend to the Pipkins signing instead. I'm the guy in the brown shirt.

http://media.al.com/businessnews/photo/9999627-large.jpg

Was he doing a promotional appearance at a Storage Wars taping?

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Was he doing a promotional appearance at a Storage Wars taping?

Salvage Dawgs