PDA

View Full Version : 6 DOWN 10 TO GO---TAKE TWO---HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH

Bretsky
10-17-2017, 09:30 PM
We're 4-2 and it's a new show

HOW MANY WINS DOES GB END UP WITH

Joemailman
10-17-2017, 09:55 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Seneca+Wallace+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Green+K8NnDG1 YWvHl.jpg

pbmax
10-17-2017, 10:24 PM
http://archive.jsonline.com/images.ashx?file=starrandhadl30513.jpg&resize=

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 10:34 PM
https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https://lombardiave.com/wp-content/uploads/usat-images/2016/04/9644024-nfl-green-bay-packers-at-atlanta-falcons.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Tony Oday
10-17-2017, 10:38 PM
10-6 BH is traded in the offseason

mraynrand
10-17-2017, 10:42 PM
10-6 BH is traded in the offseason FIFY

http://media.jrn.com/images/mjs-super-media--4-of-hoffman.jpg-super-mediaday.jpg

Bretsky
10-17-2017, 11:02 PM
This is an interesting poll. 9 wins seems to be the EZ call. I almost didn't post it as an option to only leave the hard choices.....choosing 6-8 kind of implies we lack overall talent around the QB. Choosing 10 or more implies we have plenty of talen around on the team. At least that's how I interpret it. 9 wins to me is the ez and safe call.....basically we go .500 rest of way. I voted there.....not sure what I would have chosen if I HAD to pick 8 or 10-

Tony Oday
10-18-2017, 12:03 AM
10 wins...we go 10-6, win the division and Vikings Fans cry like the fake fans they are!

channtheman
10-18-2017, 02:35 AM
Assuming Rodgers is out rest of the season, 7-9 is my bet.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-18-2017, 06:01 AM
U do not have a low enough bar. Let's face facts, Rodgers is the heart and soul of the packers. Without him, we will struggle almost every game. I did not even vote, cause the season is too depressing already.

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2017, 07:56 AM
Back in September I predicted we'd end up with 9 wins. Now, with Arod out, I'm in the 6-8 wins category.

I predicted 9 wins in September mainly because of our defensive problems, which I didn't think MM and TT had solved in the off season. Plus, I was not convinced the O-line would hold up.

With the Packers wins and losses are always a factor of how much Arod can compensate and overcome the propensity of the defense to give up big plays. Our secondary is still porous and our pass rush is still anemic. Now, without Arod to compensate, I think we're more vulnerable than ever.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky. He's obviously gonna get better, and virtually everybody we play going forward is not as good as the Vikings. Carolina is pretty good; Philadelphia is off to a hot start - probably not nearly as good as their early record; Pittsburgh probably is better than they have played up to now; I honestly don't even see them beating the Rodgers-less Packers - and we may not be Rodgers-less all season.

I'll take 11 in the poll, but I really don't see where the 3 other losses come from.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Oh ye of little faith. Hot Rod Hundley will come through.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky.

you crack me up. The injuries outside Rodgers are a huge factor - gotta get some supporting cast back, or there will be blood.

hoosier
10-18-2017, 08:56 AM
The poll is flawed, options are illegitimately restricted. I am sticking with my original prediction in the Predict Packers W/L poll started by Joe in September http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29864-Predict-Packers-Win-Loss-Record: 5 wins for the season.

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Who the hell is gonna beat us? I ask that question every year when trying to justify not predicting 16-0. Of course, that doesn't figure in the FRANCHISE getting injured. Even so, as I said the other day, we damn near beat the Vikings in Minny with Hundley green and shaky. He's obviously gonna get better, and virtually everybody we play going forward is not as good as the Vikings. Carolina is pretty good; Philadelphia is off to a hot start - probably not nearly as good as their early record; Pittsburgh probably is better than they have played up to now; I honestly don't even see them beating the Rodgers-less Packers - and we may not be Rodgers-less all season.

I'll take 11 in the poll, but I really don't see where the 3 other losses come from.I think when I first hurriedly ran through the schedule and predicted a 9-7 finish, I had Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas and Minnesota beating us in the 1st 6 games. Arod saved our bacon against Dallas and Cinncinnati.

Who's gonna beat us from this point on? The Saints, Steelers, Detroit twice, Minnesota and the Panthers at home. That's 8 losses right there unless my math is off. All the teams above have great QB's except the Queens. But all these can be beaten with a great pass rush, a competent secondary and the ability to score 30 points or more a game. We've got little reliable pass rush, a leaky secondary and, now, no Arod to compensate for our banged up Oline and work his magic scoring points.

I'll be pleasantly surprised of course if I'm wrong. If Hundley turns out to be the second coming of Dak Prescott which you think he is, then all bets are off.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 09:25 AM
The poll is flawed, options are illegitimately restricted. I am sticking with my original prediction in the Predict Packers W/L poll started by Joe in September http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?29864-Predict-Packers-Win-Loss-Record: 5 wins for the season.

You're doing it wrong

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/images/1966-0102-Paul-Hornung-077912799.jpg

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Arod saved our bacon against Dallas and Cinncinnati.

You mean when he threw the pick six?

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 09:27 AM
I'll be pleasantly surprised of course if I'm wrong. If Hundley turns out to be the second coming of Dak Prescott which you think he is, then all bets are off.

I'm somewhat surprised Tex isn't still predicting 16 wins.

MadScientist
10-18-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm waiting until I see Hundley this weekend. He's clearly way better than Seneca the elder, and he is also showcasing himself for a future contract, but will the shoddy line and his inexperience make everything a shit show?

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2017, 09:38 AM
You mean when he threw the pick six?haha At my age all these games seem to run together...but didn't Arod engineer a last second TD to send the game into OT as well?

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2017, 09:44 AM
I'm waiting until I see Hundley this weekend. He's clearly way better than Seneca the elder, and he is also showcasing himself for a future contract, but will the shoddy line and his inexperience make everything a shit show?I'm also wondering how Stubby will handle the situation. Will he turn Hundley loose and let him run when it's there, or will he be protective of him? Will he change the game plan to suit Hundley's talents, or expect Hundley to step in operate an Arod game plan, or have Hundley get the ball out quick and short or revert back to rushing the ball heavily.

It will be interesting for sure.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2017, 10:02 AM
you crack me up. The injuries outside Rodgers are a huge factor - gotta get some supporting cast back, or there will be blood.

You always expect some injuries. My point of view is that Aaron Rodgers is such a hugely important factor in the Packers success that pretty much no group of injuries of lesser players within reasonable expectation at all would derail the Packers. That is at least in part because of the general mediocrity of that supporting cast. In other words, to a great extent, the replacements that we do or don't get at this point aren't gonna make a helluva lot of difference one way or the other.

Maybe that's contradictory with my prediction of continued success this season even without Aaron Rodgers. I'm not real concerned about that contradiction - this is a forum; opinion is what opinion is, no more, no less.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:02 AM
A lot of what Hundley will do will be based on the O-line.

He will have the green light to run, if it's there. I'm basing all my hopes on his TD pass play. That was Rodgers-esque. Head up while scrambling, always looking for the receiver to come open, last second pass after luring the defense to him. A thing of beauty. The *ahem* TD pass to Monty wasn't too bad either. Here's hoping a decent O-line will be there for him on Sunday.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:03 AM
You always expect some injuries. My point of view is that Aaron Rodgers is such a hugely important factor in the Packers success that pretty much no group of injuries of lesser players within reasonable expectation at all would derail the Packers. That is at least in part because of the general mediocrity of that supporting cast. In other words, to a great extent, the replacements that we do or don't get at this point aren't gonna make a helluva lot of difference one way or the other.

Maybe that's contradictory with my prediction of continued success this season even without Aaron Rodgers. I'm not real concerned about that contradiction - this is a forum; opinion is what opinion is, no more, no less.

I disagree with the general perception that the Packers are all mediocre except Rodgers.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2017, 10:18 AM
I think when I first hurriedly ran through the schedule and predicted a 9-7 finish, I had Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas and Minnesota beating us in the 1st 6 games. Arod saved our bacon against Dallas and Cinncinnati.

Who's gonna beat us from this point on? The Saints, Steelers, Detroit twice, Minnesota and the Panthers at home. That's 8 losses right there unless my math is off. All the teams above have great QB's except the Queens. But all these can be beaten with a great pass rush, a competent secondary and the ability to score 30 points or more a game. We've got little reliable pass rush, a leaky secondary and, now, no Arod to compensate for our banged up Oline and work his magic scoring points.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion hahahahaha.

Yeah, I don't see Hundley as that much worse than Prescott, especially considering that Prescott has a decent O Line in front of him, and Hundley does not, even disregarding injuries.

What we have - instead of all those deficiencies you mentioned on defense - is an excellent coordinator who is a master of scheming and compensation.

You make a great case for negativity - here and in FYI hahahahaha. Sorry, I prefer the Pollyanna point of view.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2017, 10:20 AM
I disagree with the general perception that the Packers are all mediocre except Rodgers.

And I disagree with your disagreement - personnel-wise anyway. Hundley. though, has to be one of the best backup QBs in the league - or at least he was when he was a backup.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 10:21 AM
One need only look to San Diego or New Orleans to see the difference.

But no one will believe it.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:31 AM
And I disagree with your disagreement - personnel-wise anyway. Hundley. though, has to be one of the best backup QBs in the league - or at least he was when he was a backup.

Your assessment of Hundley as best back up is based on what exactly?

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:32 AM
One need only look to San Diego or New Orleans to see the difference.

But no one will believe it.

I don't believe it, if you are saying the only difference between the two squads is the QB.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Sorry, I prefer the Pollyanna point of view.

except regarding the roster outside Rodgers

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Rodgers first full year as a starter, he went 6-10 (0.375 Winning %) with a relatively talentless squad being rebuilt due to inflated salaries. However, due to injuries, Hundley is probably dealing with similar talent on the field. I predict 8-8 to finish which would give Hundley a 0.400 finish. Slightly better than Rodgers's first year starting because I expect players to heal and bring talent back to the field.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Rodgers first full year as a starter, he went 6-10 (0.375 Winning %) with a relatively talentless squad being rebuilt due to inflated salaries. However, due to injuries, Hundley is probably dealing with similar talent on the field. I predict 8-8 to finish which would give Hundley a 0.400 finish. Slightly better than Rodgers's first year starting because I expect players to heal and bring talent back to the field.

do I have to do everything? :)

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp130812-ryan-longwell-packers-1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

pbmax
10-18-2017, 10:46 AM
I don't believe it, if you are saying the only difference between the two squads is the QB.

No, the difference is the other franchises stink out loud for multiple years with possible/probably HoF QBs and the Packers are in the playoffs every year.

But to Packer fans, its only due to luck that Thompson stumbled onto Rodgers that they succeed.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 11:06 AM
No, the difference is the other franchises stink out loud for multiple years with possible/probably HoF QBs and the Packers are in the playoffs every year.

But to Packer fans, its only due to luck that Thompson stumbled onto Rodgers that they succeed.

oh, that makes sense.

hoosier
10-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Yeah I was confused by that too. However, how then do you account for 2013, when after the Rodgers injury the team did indeed play at a stink-out-loud level? Was the 2013 talent all that different from 2012 and 2014?

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 11:17 AM
You mean when he threw the pick six?

They might have beat Atlanta, too, if he hadn't practically handed them 14 points.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah I was confused by that too. However, how then do you account for 2013, when after the Rodgers injury the team did indeed play at a stink-out-loud level? Was the 2013 talent all that different from 2012 and 2014?

There was a collection of injuries that year too, including Matthews (you had a hurt Mulumba and Jones as your OLB after Neal got hurt in the playoffs too) EDS at center and Barclay at RT.

But probably the two most critical issues: 1) the backup QB was not good. Flynn got hot one half (Dallas) and 2) team spirit - when you lose a league MVP and know your QB sucks, it brings everyone down - see Colts, 2011 for example.

This is why it will be so critical for Hundley to play reasonably well, and APRH.

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 11:24 AM

That was kind of a fun year despite all of the losses. They had several close games where I felt like they were close to breaking through.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 11:25 AM
They might have beat Atlanta, too, if he hadn't practically handed them 14 points.

:)

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 11:27 AM
That was kind of a fun year despite all of the losses. They had several close games where I felt like they were close to breaking through.

they had five straight frustrating losses in a row I think, but at least they beat Detroit at the end. Would have been nice if Crosby could have nailed that 69 yard free kick FG though...

gbgary
10-18-2017, 11:40 AM
https://b.fssta.com/uploads/2016/12/122116-don-majkowski1.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 11:46 AM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fba%2Fab%2Fae%2Fbaabae4b3bc 2a6a796b250f0506db8e9.jpg&f=1

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:03 PM
^^^ Hundley gonna be so good, they can trade Rodgers to Cleveland for a 1, a 2, a 1, 2, 3....

Patler
10-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Rodgers first full year as a starter, he went 6-10 (0.375 Winning %) with a relatively talentless squad being rebuilt due to inflated salaries. However, due to injuries, Hundley is probably dealing with similar talent on the field.

I can't agree with that. I think Rodgers had a lot more going for him in 2008 than Hundley has right now.

In 2008, Clifton started 15 games, Tauscher 13. Colledge and Spitz both started all 16. Wells started 13. Colledge and Spitz were in their third years as starters, Wells his fourth. Clifton and Tauscher were in their primes. Josh Sitton had two starts as a backup rookie, Tony Mall the other 5 (3rd year, 13 previous starts.). Jennings and Driver had 15 and 16 starts, respectively. Behind them were Jones (following a good rookie year) and Nelson (rookie). Ryan Grant was in his second year, played all 16 games and had 1200 yards rushing. Donald Lee was in the middle of his 9 year career.

The offense was far ahead of what Hundley may have in terms of health, experience and reliability. The o line in 2008 had just 7 different players who played much, and only 7 starts by backups bu just two different players. Hundley quite possibly will have the 6th and 7th tackles as his starters and the #4 and 5 guards. His o line could be an absolute mess.

The defense in 2008 gave away a lot of games (as did STs), yet they had Kampman, Picket, Jolly, Hawk, Woodson and Collins starting for all 16 games. Kampman was still a sack artist, Woodson and Collins had 7 interceptions, each. Harris was still starting (12 games). Tramon Williams was the #3 CB and had 9 starts. It wasn't under transition at the time.

In 2008 it seemed like everything went wrong, every game.

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 12:16 PM
do I have to do everything? :)

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp130812-ryan-longwell-packers-1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Yep. Gratitude and all that.

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 12:21 PM
I can't agree with that. I think Rodgers had a lot more going for him in 2008 than Hundley has right now.

In 2008, Clifton started 15 games, Tauscher 13. Colledge and Spitz both started all 16. Wells started 13. Colledge and Spitz were in their third years as starters, Wells his fourth. Clifton and Tauscher were in their primes. Josh Sitton had two starts as a backup rookie, Tony Mall the other 5 (3rd year, 13 previous starts.). Jennings and Driver had 15 and 16 starts, respectively. Behind them were Jones (following a good rookie year) and Nelson (rookie). Ryan Grant was in his second year, played all 16 games and had 1200 yards rushing. Donald Lee was in the middle of his 9 year career.

The offense was far ahead of what Hundley may have in terms of health, experience and reliability. The o line in 2008 had just 7 different players who played much, and only 7 starts by backups bu just two different players. Hundley quite possibly will have the 6th and 7th tackles as his starters and the #4 and 5 guards. His o line could be an absolute mess.

The defense in 2008 gave away a lot of games (as did STs), yet they had Kampman, Picket, Jolly, Hawk, Woodson and Collins starting for all 16 games. Kampman was still a sack artist, Woodson and Collins had 7 interceptions, each. Harris was still starting (12 games). Tramon Williams was the #3 CB and had 9 starts. It wasn't under transition at the time.

You're right. I was confusing the roster that year with the one a few years prior.

But it still emphasizes my point: first year starters don't always do well, and if Rodgers couldn't even pull off 0.500 in his first year (with perhaps better on-field talent), why are we expecting Hundley to do so and why would the backup QB plan be a failure if he doesn't?

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 12:23 PM

And yet they still in a position to win the division when the other teams in the NFC North decided they didn't want it.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:29 PM
You're right. I was confusing the roster that year with the one a few years prior.

But it still emphasizes my point: first year starters don't always do well, and if Rodgers couldn't even pull off 0.500 in his first year (with perhaps better on-field talent), why are we expecting Hundley to do so and why would the backup QB plan be a failure if he doesn't?

Maybe Hundley is better at this stage of his career. (I don't think this is true, but it could be). Rodgers had that great outing in Dallas to hint how good he would be. Still, don't forget that Rodgers was no slouch in 2008 - maybe compared to his now amazing standards, but he had 4000+ yards, 28TDs, 13INTs 64% completion rate, and a passer rating over 90. I'd take that from Hundley in a heartbeat.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Someone needs to find a pic of Brian Dowling wearing the #12 Packer jersey. I almost fell out of my chair when the all time roster spit him out.

All time great at Yale. Also inspired two comic versions of himself.

http://images.gocomics.com/images/doonesbury/strip/retro/yale/dbyale32.gif

beveaux1
10-18-2017, 02:41 PM

I had this thought right after the injury occured. I have a hard time believing that Hundley is at the same level as Rodgers was in 2008. I know that this beat up team is not at that level. I think it will be the best coaching job MM has ever accomplished if they can win 4 more games this season.

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Hundley's arm might be about as strong as Arod's, but his accuracy can't be anywhere near Arod's, especially since he's been sitting the bench for 3 years. I'm thinking that means way more INT's than we're used to.

Zool
10-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Fuck did I hate it when this douche signed. I still don't like it today.

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/51/files/2014/08/mcmahon-packers.jpg

Patler
10-18-2017, 08:26 PM

Yup. If Hundley is out there with the same o-line that finished in MN, my expectations will have more to do with them than with Hundley.

I think they can play well enough on offense with Hundley, but not if Taylor, Bakhtiari and Bulaga are on the sideline. However, the offense won't be good enough to win many shoot outs, so King and Burnett have got to return.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Rodgers' injury occurred with Taylor, Bakhtiari, and Bulaga all playing, right?

Rutnstrut
10-18-2017, 09:37 PM

Couldn't have, they are all cream of the crop.

Harlan Huckleby
10-18-2017, 11:32 PM

B & B were getting treatment throughout game. They were 75%

Pugger
10-19-2017, 08:22 AM

It isn't just Packers fans who believe this.

Pugger
10-19-2017, 08:41 AM
I found a link to this article on another Packers' forum and I thought it was interesting. The author is addressing the notion our roster stinks outside of Rodgers. He notes that the assessment of the players is when they are healthy and not how the situation is right now.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/10/17/16489706/breaking-the-narrative-aaron-rodgers-injury-packers-talent-acquisition-development-ted-thompson

Smidgeon
10-19-2017, 10:02 AM
It isn't just Packers fans who believe this.

No kidding. How does Sean Payton get a pass for his terrible years with Brees?

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 10:09 AM
The Green Bay Packers 2017-18 Schedule of games:

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

This is a bad Packer Team without Aaron Rodgers. Without Aaron Rodgers too much of that weakness cannot be covered up.

If not for Aaron's heroics Vs Cincy and Dallas we are sitting at a 2-4 Record right now.

If Brett Hundley can play very well and stay uninjured behind a horrible OL That's the focus of my watch now; he might help us to 2-3 wins.

If we reach 8 wins and the ugly state of the OL and DL and our Defensive (yea right) Secondary. A whole lot has to be very wrong with the Packers Opponents.

The writing is now clearly on the wall. It's time for 'a Brand New Plan'.

What happened to Aaron Rodgers on Sunday is not a healthy prognosis for future Green Bay Packers good fortunes.

I hate the way this feels Packerrats but my guts are screaming 'Really Bad News' and any serious hopes of a Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers.

Just how breakable is Aaron Rodgers going to be in his future and with inadequate protection on the field?

He needed the blocking ability of John Kuhn this Season and that's not there and that sucks.

Aaron Rodgers needed more successful support from the NFL DRAFT.

The Green Bay Packers now have a broken Aaron Rodgers at the Peak Point in his career. Aaron Rodgers has a tired and worn out looking Ted Thompson as his GM. It's now time to set down a Brand New Plan.

Is it all and no more Super Bowls with arguably the finest QB in NFL history all going to be written up as BAD LUCK?

Aaron Rodgers and Packer Nation deserve 'a Real Chance'.

I pray that Ted Thompson steps down.

The Poll: If the Packers get 3 more wins I'll be ecstatic. I will say that to imagine 4 more wins you might be judged 'a Homer' !?

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 10:37 AM
No kidding. How does Sean Payton get a pass for his terrible years with Brees?

The GM refuses to surround him with the talent he needs to win.

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 10:41 AM
I pray that Ted Thompson steps down.!?

Not only has Ted Thompson failed to fill his roster with 6 starting tackles, but he doesn't have an MVP backup QB. If only the Packers were like other teams who, when their starting MVP QBs are lost for the season, continue on to Super Bowl victories.

beveaux1
10-20-2017, 12:32 PM
I found a link to this article on another Packers' forum and I thought it was interesting. The author is addressing the notion our roster stinks outside of Rodgers. He notes that the assessment of the players is when they are healthy and not how the situation is right now.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/10/17/16489706/breaking-the-narrative-aaron-rodgers-injury-packers-talent-acquisition-development-ted-thompson

This article probably shows how much I take this roster for granted. The problem is that this is a QB driven league and the drop off from best QB in the league to Hundley may be too much to overcome.

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2017, 12:45 PM
The roster doesn't "stink". The O Line does, but the rest of it ranges from mediocre to a little above average - the D Line being the high spot. There wouldn't be much drop off at all to Hundley if the starter was not named Aaron Rodgers or maybe 3 or 4 other top level QBs.

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2017, 12:53 PM
I see the poll numbers are 17 claiming 9 or less wins, and only 4 of us saying 10 or more wins. O ye of little faith hahahahaha.

Tony Oday
10-20-2017, 12:54 PM
There will be 0 drop off.

Pugger
10-20-2017, 12:56 PM
This article probably shows how much I take this roster for granted. The problem is that this is a QB driven league and the drop off from best QB in the league to Hundley may be too much to overcome.

Agreed. It is asking a lot. I hope he performs well and doesn't embarrass himself on Sunday. The reason why I posted this link is to show folks this roster isn't just garbage besides #12. Our D when healthy isn't elite but with Rodgers at the helm we don't need the '85 Bears.

George Cumby
10-20-2017, 08:54 PM
10-6. You are all a bunch of pussies.

No offense intended Pugs.

mraynrand
10-20-2017, 10:56 PM
10-6. You are all a bunch of pussies.

No offense intended Pugs.

Fuck yeah Cumby! George Cumby was always sure the Packers were gonna make the playoffs, even when they were 2-8 and he was getting pulverized by the Fridge. Never say die!

Fritz
10-21-2017, 05:35 AM
I see a team going .500 with Hundley, for a final record of 9 - 7. Hundley, of course, will look worse than he actually is because we've been spoiled for so long. But the constant injuries on the offensive line (Bach and Bulaga back, Linsley and Taylor out) and defensive backfield (King back, House and Randall out) will sap this team. When Aaron Rodgers is not your quarterback any more, you need every ounce of talent you have.

They'll miss the playoffs by a whisker.

Pugger
10-21-2017, 09:09 AM
I see a team going .500 with Hundley, for a final record of 9 - 7. Hundley, of course, will look worse than he actually is because we've been spoiled for so long. But the constant injuries on the offensive line (Bach and Bulaga back, Linsley and Taylor out) and defensive backfield (King back, House and Randall out) will sap this team. When Aaron Rodgers is not your quarterback any more, you need every ounce of talent you have.

They'll miss the playoffs by a whisker.

Is Linsley out for sure?

I think we can win some games with Hundley if he has a decent line in front of him giving him time and giving the RBs holes. Frankly if the team plays well and doesn't show signs of quitting that to me will tell me a lot about this team and the coaching staff. I'm not counting on making the playoffs and even if we did we wouldn't do much once we got in.

Harlan Huckleby
10-21-2017, 09:46 AM
I think in three weeks we'll all be saying "Aaron who?"

Joemailman
10-21-2017, 11:08 AM
I think in three weeks we'll all be saying "Aaron who?"

We'll sure miss you Arnold.

Zool
10-21-2017, 01:19 PM

Alex*

mraynrand
10-21-2017, 01:24 PM

It's "We'll never forget you Arnold"

But I like Arnold. Getting a t shirt made.

Zool
10-21-2017, 01:30 PM
I went with Alex as a nod to draft day.

George Cumby
10-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Fuck yeah Cumby! George Cumby was always sure the Packers were gonna make the playoffs, even when they were 2-8 and he was getting pulverized by the Fridge. Never say die!

Fuqqin’ A.

MadScientist
10-22-2017, 03:30 PM
This team will be lucky to get to 6 wins. Hundley does not have the touch on the deep ball. Jones is good, but as NO showed. All you have to do is stack the box and dare the Packers to throw. The o line is lousy at protection and the defense, despite getting King and Daniels back looked pathetic, other than a couple of picks.

The 80's called. They want their Packers team back.

red
10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
that browns game is starting to look like a dog fight

especially if this team just flat out gives up on the season like they did last week when a-rod went down

woodbuck27
10-22-2017, 03:44 PM
13 Packerrats voted for 6-8 Wins at the completion of this Season.

12 Packerrats voted for 9 or more Wins.

After the loss to New Orleans @ Home in Week 7 and going to Week 8 or the Green Bay Packers Bye Bye Week:

The Green Bay Packers Record is 4 W - 3 L.

Week 9 and Home to The Detroit Lions will tell us a lot.

mraynrand
10-22-2017, 08:03 PM
that browns game is starting to look like a dog fight

especially if this team just flat out gives up on the season like they did last week when a-rod went down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCM7dViMX8Y

George Cumby
10-22-2017, 08:11 PM
25 years of stellar QB play and now the Sky is falling. *shrug*

mraynrand
10-22-2017, 08:32 PM

I know! I mean, just look at THIS guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfAOCE2wSrM

woodbuck27
10-24-2017, 02:48 PM

No it's simply a fact that entering Week 8 the Green Bay Packers are Ranked at NO. 23 and last in the NFCN.

A fact of life and that without Aaron Rodgers to cover up the actual mess the Green Bay Packers are is an impending reality to be revealed.

mraynrand
10-24-2017, 03:33 PM
A fact of life and that without Aaron Rodgers to cover up the actual mess the Green Bay Packers are is an impending reality to be revealed.

yawn

Joemailman
11-13-2017, 09:27 AM
5-4 now. Three winnable games out of the next 4. ( Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, Bucs, @ Browns). Realistic shot at 8-5. Then 3 tough games (@Carolina, Vikings, @Lions.) 9 wins still possible. I fear that would leave the Packers just out of the playoffs though. (Cue Jim Mora).

Tony Oday
11-13-2017, 09:33 AM
If we get AR back we will destroy the Lions and Vikings.

texaspackerbacker
11-13-2017, 09:38 AM
Still on track for the 11-5 I said hahahahaha.

Isn't Rodgers eligible to come back for the Carolina game?

Which of the next for is "unwinnable"? Pittsburgh? They've been stumbling lately, so I wouldn't even rule out that one ...... of course we could stumble against one or more of those lesser teams too.

denverYooper
11-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Still on track for the 11-5 I said hahahahaha.

Isn't Rodgers eligible to come back for the Carolina game?

Which of the next for is "unwinnable"? Pittsburgh? They've been stumbling lately, so I wouldn't even rule out that one ...... of course we could stumble against one or more of those lesser teams too.

Pittsburgh is 7-2 but they have played a lot of uglyball.

wist43
11-13-2017, 10:39 AM
We have a chance at 1 or 2 more wins... vs. Cleveland and Tampa.

The rest are probably unwinnable... be best if we just lose out, fire Capers, and bring in a new DC.

Joemailman
11-13-2017, 10:39 AM
It's true that Pittsburgh is a shaky 7-2. I just looked at their scores. They've scored 21 or less in 6 of 9 games. That's what the Packers need right now. They have a chance in any game the Packer defense can hold teams to 21 or less. It just doesn't look like they can win a shootout right now.

denverYooper
11-13-2017, 10:45 AM
It's true that Pittsburgh is a shaky 7-2. I just looked at their scores. They've scored 21 or less in 6 of 9 games. That's what the Packers need right now. They have a chance in any game the Packer defense can hold teams to 21 or less. It just doesn't look like they can win a shootout right now.

This.

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 11:00 AM

The rest are probably unwinnable... be best if we just lose out, fire Capers, and bring in a new DC.

pussy

hoosier
11-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Pittsburgh was bad yesterday. The only reason they won was that they were playing the Colts.

Pugger
11-13-2017, 11:52 AM

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/51/files/2014/08/mcmahon-packers.jpg

I wish we had vomit emoticon for this.

Pugger
11-13-2017, 11:56 AM
5-4 now. Three winnable games out of the next 4. ( Baltimore, @Pittsburgh, Bucs, @ Browns). Realistic shot at 8-5. Then 3 tough games (@Carolina, Vikings, @Lions.) 9 wins still possible. I fear that would leave the Packers just out of the playoffs though. (Cue Jim Mora).

What if we win 3 of the next 4 and Rodgers returns for the Carolina game? :-)

Pugger
11-13-2017, 11:57 AM

You don't think we have a chance to beat the Ravens at home on Sunday?

wist43
11-13-2017, 01:33 PM
You don't think we have a chance to beat the Ravens at home on Sunday?

No, probably not... Baltimore plays crazy good defense, so us scoring at all is iffy. And while they stink on offense, we're worse on defense. Dom Capers is, quite literally, one of worst DC's in the league.

The game will probably be close b/c of the ineptitude of both offenses, but my guess is Baltimore will control both sides of the LOS, and thus be in control of the game.

I suppose we have a punchers chance, but that's about it.

QBME
11-13-2017, 02:55 PM
I wish we had vomit emoticon for this.

OK, I'll probably regret this and have to face the blow back and vitriol.

1. He didn't call us, we called him.

2. He learned the playbook, showed up and shut up.

3. He ran the practice squad every week without fail.

4. He got along fine with Lord Favre, even though he already had a ring.

5. When he was rewarded with his second Ring he said nothing - just got it and dissolved.

So, OK. When he was the punky QB we freakin' freaked out. (I was first in line.) Cat was smart and played the cards he was dealt. I just don't get all the personal insult perceptions. Did he kick your dog or ????

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
McMahon was fine as a Packer. No headbands.

QBME
11-13-2017, 03:28 PM
McMahon was fine as a Packer. No headbands.

Always the tweak...:)

Pugger
11-13-2017, 06:05 PM
No, probably not... Baltimore plays crazy good defense, so us scoring at all is iffy. And while they stink on offense, we're worse on defense. Dom Capers is, quite literally, one of worst DC's in the league.

The game will probably be close b/c of the ineptitude of both offenses, but my guess is Baltimore will control both sides of the LOS, and thus be in control of the game.

I suppose we have a punchers chance, but that's about it.

I looked at the team stats over on nfl.com and Baltimore's defense is a little better than Chicago's. They are better defending the pass but not as good as the Bears against the run. Offensively they are ranked at the very bottom at passing but are better at running the ball. If we can play like we did yesterday I like our chances.

Maxie the Taxi
11-13-2017, 06:37 PM
I looked at the team stats over on nfl.com and Baltimore's defense is a little better than Chicago's. They are better defending the pass but not as good as the Bears against the run. Offensively they are ranked at the very bottom at passing but are better at running the ball. If we can play like we did yesterday I like our chances.Home field. Advantage Packers.

red
11-13-2017, 06:49 PM

i was at the game long ago when favre got knocked out of the game and was spitting up blood, jim come in the game for a play or 2 and got a standing ovation from the crowd

Joemailman
11-13-2017, 07:26 PM
I put the Packers chances of making the playoffs at about 40% right now. I think they have a decent chance of getting to 9-7, but 9-7 might not be enough. They're only 4-4 in NFC games, and both Atlanta and Detroit have the head to head tie-breaker over them. They do have the tie-breaker over Dallas. 10-6 might be a bridge too far, although that could change if Rodgers can make it back sometime in December.

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 11:36 PM
i was at the game long ago when favre got knocked out of the game and was spitting up blood, jim come in the game for a play or 2 and got a standing ovation from the crowd

Pittsburgh - 1995 finale I presume.

I recall McMahon playing in mop-up duty in '96. He still threw a nice deep ball. Of course there was no Gault to run under it so it fell harmlessly to the turf about 5 yards away from the receiver (Freeman?). I think that was his only incomplete pass for the Packers. He had a 105.2 passer rating to Favre's 95.8.

Pugger
11-14-2017, 12:30 AM
I didn't have a problem with McMahon on the roster until I heard he wore his freaking Bears jersey to the White House. He can suck an egg for all I care.