PDA

View Full Version : Official Saints Week

pbmax
10-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 49m49 minutes ago
McCarthy says OLB Vince Biegel will be a full participant at practice today. CB Demetri Goodson will NOT practice today. 11 months off ACL.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 30m30 minutes ago
McCarthy on Callahan: Probably called more plays for him than Brett with preseason two years ago. He has a lot of work to do.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 33m33 minutes ago
McCarthy: Very encouraging way Hundley played all way to the final whistle despite all the punishment he took. Didn't blink. He got better.

HE WILL SOON LEARN THIS IS HOW WE DO THING NORMALLY. QB PROTECT THYSELF

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 34m34 minutes ago
McCarthy said a date has not been set for QB Aaron Rodgers' surgery as far as he knows.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 36m36 minutes ago
McCarthy said he is hopeful CB Kevin King (concussion) will practice today. Wants him to move from rehab group into main practice. #Packers

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 44m44 minutes ago
MM on Saints' defense: Takeaways. Will challenge schematically - heightened by unfamiliarity. DL is strong and tips a lot of passes.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 52m52 minutes ago
MM on Hundley: Exciting player at UCLA. Likes how he plays game, tough, strong legs. Improved footwork and complete understanding of offense

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 51m51 minutes ago
McCarthy said he felt "a little off" with Hundley in the 2-minute drill against Minnesota. Still getting to know each other on the field.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 52m52 minutes ago
home-bye-home will help Hundley and unit-wide communication.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 54m54 minutes ago
McCarthy on Hundley growth: He's tough, strong-legged. His footwork. He hadn't played under center. Just complete understanding of offense.

Green Bay Packers @packers 52m52 minutes ago
McCarthy: @bretthundley7 has a complete understanding of the offense. He's comfortable.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 55m55 minutes ago
McCarthy said Brett Hundley was here yesterday morning and then had another meeting last night to discuss gameplan. #Packers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsj9odqwMPQ

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 57m57 minutes ago
McCarthy on learning Hundley: We'll be much better in situational. I have a good feel for him. But I need to spend more time with him.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein 58m58 minutes ago
McCarthy: A lot of our decisions are going to be based on who we have on the offensive line.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy said the #Packers have a number of guys starting in the rehab group today, particularly along the O-line.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
McCarthy said all decisions regarding Rodgers [roster spot] won't be made until they see how the surgery goes.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:32 PM
McCarthy said a date has not been set for QB Aaron Rodgers' surgery as far as he knows.

Maybe they're experimenting with some new packaging materials.

Tony Oday
10-18-2017, 12:47 PM

Maybe they're experimenting with some new packaging materials.

Inject Stem Cells, in a hyperbolic oxygen chamber while in zero gravity with a calcium supplement! Get that fixed in 3 weeks ;)

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 12:59 PM
^^^ induced electric fields; hard surface nanoparticles to induce bone differentiation; BMP agonists. Two week recovery!

Tony Oday
10-18-2017, 01:27 PM
^^^ induced electric fields; hard surface nanoparticles to induce bone differentiation; BMP agonists. Two week recovery!

Rich people shouldnt be hurt with modern medicine!!! lol

bobblehead
10-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Inject Stem Cells, in a hyperbolic oxygen chamber while in zero gravity with a calcium supplement! Get that fixed in 3 weeks ;)

Most importantly. Sneak in some HGH...like Lyle Alzado levels.

mraynrand
10-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Just don't inject monkey piss from Mexico.

ThunderDan
10-18-2017, 02:17 PM

He needs to drink the water Russell Wilson was hawking.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Laugh at Russ and Tom all you want. You don't see their clavicles rent in twain?!

#nanobubbles

gbgary
10-18-2017, 02:41 PM

aaaaand an incantation or two from an expert.

http://www.lightningcosplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/vodoo5.jpg

QBME
10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Per ESPN: Packers have 14 players on their injury report. The Saints have 2.

I figure 27 - 21 Packers win.

pbmax
10-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Bulaga and Pipkins are in concussion protocol. King is back from it. Burnett's hammy is not so good, but Bach's is apparently not devastated.

Perry probably hurt his knee by hitting it accidentally with his club when getting off the team bus. Monty isn't really injured, he just wanted to be included.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMct0VjWkAENmz6.jpg:large

denverYooper
10-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Hundley will have a week of first team reps, a game plan tailored to his abilities, and will be at home vs an opponent defense that is not anywhere near as tough as Minnesota's.

Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 14m14 minutes ago

#Saints still struggling to cover, tackle and get off the field on defense..

3rd Down Defense - 48.5% (Worst in NFL)
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 13m13 minutes ago

#Sains Defense

20+ Plays - 30 (30th)
YAC Allowed - 6.3 YAC/reception (30th)
20+ Air Yds Coverage - 10/19 (52.6%), 133.1 QB Rating (32nd)
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

I'm not saying the offense will tear it up, but they might be able to function a bit better this week.

Smidgeon
10-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Hundley will have a week of first team reps, a game plan tailored to his abilities, and will be at home vs an opponent defense that is not anywhere near as tough as Minnesota's.

Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 14m14 minutes ago

#Saints still struggling to cover, tackle and get off the field on defense..

3rd Down Defense - 48.5% (Worst in NFL)
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Ben Fennell‏ @BenFennell_NFL 13m13 minutes ago

#Sains Defense

20+ Plays - 30 (30th)
YAC Allowed - 6.3 YAC/reception (30th)
20+ Air Yds Coverage - 10/19 (52.6%), 133.1 QB Rating (32nd)
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

I'm not saying the offense will tear it up, but they might be able to function a bit better this week.

Watch the Saints reverse all those trends for one day. Brees has always been amazing on getting the ball out quickly. Green Bay does better against QBs who prefer to go down field.

Pugger
10-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Bulaga and Pipkins are in concussion protocol. King is back from it. Burnett's hammy is not so good, but Bach's is apparently not devastated.

Perry probably hurt his knee by hitting it accidentally with his club when getting off the team bus. Monty isn't really injured, he just wanted to be included.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMct0VjWkAENmz6.jpg:large

This is just depressing as hell. :sad:

Tony Oday
10-19-2017, 09:42 AM
I just have a feeling we win.

gbgary
10-19-2017, 10:13 AM
the saints...are 5 point favorites...at Lambeau. smh

Teamcheez1
10-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Everyone is picking against the Packers this week including myself.

Zool
10-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Until anyone sees how the team reacts to the Rodgers loss, it's a safe bet against. After this week that might change.

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 11:37 AM
aaaaand an incantation or two from an expert.

http://www.lightningcosplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/vodoo5.jpg

YIKES !!

Aaron Rodgers just walked away from one of those.

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 11:40 AM
I just have a feeling we win.

Don't switch it up so soon.

Your reverse psychology got us to 4-1 until The Packers Aircraft lost an Engine. .

Tony Oday
10-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Don't switch it up so soon.

Your reverse psychology got us to 4-1 until The Packers Aircraft lost an Engine. .

Sorry I never actually felt confident with AR this year. He seems to be taking WAY too long in the pocket waiting for the big play when the 7 yard play works. I think we will see a regression to the REAL West Coast offense with a lot of slants and quick plays with a dash of Jones rushing, I hope Ty is too hurt to play because he is shit.

woodbuck27
10-19-2017, 12:02 PM

This NFL Power Ranking is a shocker:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2739112-nfl-power-rankings-week-7-2017-standings-reaction-for-all-teams-post-mnf

NO @ 7 and Packers @ 21 ........ WOW!

Looking elsewhere:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000862720/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-7-los-angeles-rams-enter-top-three

Better The NO Saints @ 10 and the Green Bay Packers @ 15

NFL.Com seems to give us at least a 'Hope and a Prayer' !?

Well lookee here:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx171017/nfl-2017-week-7-power-rankings-kansas-city-chiefs-philadelphia-eagles-new-england-patriots-top-our-board-remaining-schedules

In Week 7 It's 'THE HOT' No. 14 NO Saints @ NO. 16 ' The Extremely Banged up and Wounded ' Green Bay Packers.

14. New Orleans Saints

2017 record: 3-2 (Week 6 ranking: No. 22)

" The Saints have won three straight, and their next two games will presumably be against the Brett Hundley-led Packers and Mitchell Trubisky-led Bears. Drew Brees has 472 more career passing touchdowns than those two combined, meaning the Saints could very well be riding a five-game winning streak heading into Week 9. "

16. Green Bay Packers

2017 record: 4-2 (Week 6 ranking: No. 2)

" Green Bay's chance to win the division, according to FPI, dropped from 65 percent to 20 percent following Aaron Rodgers' injury. With the red-hot Saints coming to town this weekend, the Packers' Week 8 bye might not be soon enough."

pbmax
10-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Reminder, we need a new Game Day Thread starter this week after I suffered a crushing defeat.

It is considered good from to get the thread started early on Sunday. Occasionally, people post the GD thread late on Saturday to get a jump, but this is considered a violation of protocol. Forgiveness can be had if the team goes on a win streak though.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Pete Dougherty‏Verified account @PeteDougherty 9m9 minutes ago
Mistakenly said on chat today that Bulaga has passed concussion protocol. He practiced in pads today but hasn't passed protocol yet.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 03:43 PM
JS Comments‏ @JSComments
Seneca Wallace had some decent GAME EXPERIENCE. Hundley has NONE

BRING BACK SENECA!

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2017, 05:52 PM
Damarius Randall was a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

So I'm taking my son and one of his friends to GB this Sunday for the game. Staying with family so no hotel cost on Sat night. My son is really looking forward to parking in someone's yard. He thinks that it's hilarious. I told him that they have to have a sign up that they allow parking there. Can't just randomly park in a yard, as much fun as that would be.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Damarius Randall was a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

So I'm taking my son and one of his friends to GB this Sunday for the game. Staying with family so no hotel cost on Sat night. My son is really looking forward to parking in someone's yard. He thinks that it's hilarious. I told him that they have to have a sign up that they allow parking there. Can't just randomly park in a yard, as much fun as that would be.

Wait til he sees them waving you in to a front yard with 8 other cars. :)

mraynrand
10-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Can't just randomly park in a yard, as much fun as that would be.
Oh yes you can. Better than even money your car is still there after the game. Watch out for guys with ball bats. And have some cash on hand to smooth things over.

QBME
10-19-2017, 07:34 PM

Nice. Hope for a great day for all three of you, win or lose.

pbmax
10-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 7h7 hours ago
Five not practicing while we were present: Burnett, Thomas, Brooks, Taylor and A Rodgers. OTs, King, House and Biegel working.

Rutnstrut
10-19-2017, 08:44 PM
I think if stubby actually uses Jones that they have a good chance. I also think that is the only way Hundley is somewhat successful the rest of the season. So in other words, start looking forward to the draft.

Joemailman
10-20-2017, 06:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMm1_ewUIAA0YGP.jpg

Any word on what happened to Corey Linsley? Shows up questionable today.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 08:50 AM
So Brooks, Thomas, Burnett, Taylor and ARod are out.

King, Pipkins, Monty and Bulaga look like full go.

Randall, Linsley and House are officially questionable.

Bach, Dial, Perry are double hyped questionable or is this probable?

Pugger
10-21-2017, 09:12 AM

I thought I read he tweaked his back...? Who would be his backup if he can't go?

Joemailman
10-21-2017, 09:30 AM
I thought I read he tweaked his back...? Who would be his backup if he can't go?

Depth chart shows Justin McCray. Then Lucas Patrick.

Smidgeon
10-21-2017, 09:50 AM
So Brooks, Thomas, Burnett, Taylor and ARod are out.

King, Pipkins, Monty and Bulaga look like full go.

Randall, Linsley and House are officially questionable.

Bach, Dial, Perry are double hyped questionable or is this probable?

Just means they were injured but are full go. King, et al are no longer considered injured.

Probable doesn't exist anymore.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Just means they were injured but are full go. King, et al are no longer considered injured.

Probable doesn't exist anymore.

If that is probable, and I can't imagine the NFL not insisting on some designation, but whatever, then outside of House, they seem in pretty decent shape.

If those double hyphens are game time decision, then it could go either way. If Bach comes back, makes Hundley's job far easier.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 20h20 hours ago
#Packers announce they've put Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve. Doesn't mean his season is over. #NFL rules say he's out minimum of 8 weeks.

He could still MacArthur it.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Packer Report thinks Smidgeon is right.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 21h21 hours ago
More
Big news for #Packers is that Bakhtiari and Bulaga have no injury designation. Old-school probable. House, Randall questionable.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Remember, innovation is always wrong.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMnls6DUIAET-Sn.jpg:large

Smidgeon
10-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 20h20 hours ago
#Packers announce they've put Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve. Doesn't mean his season is over. #NFL rules say he's out minimum of 8 weeks.

He could still MacArthur it.

Shoot. There's an outside chance he "2013 Rodgers" it.

pbmax
10-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
With a beat-up secondary, the #Packers fill Rodgers' spot with safety Jermaine Whitehead. Some slot experience.

QBME
10-21-2017, 05:33 PM

OK, here we go. Time to find out exactly what we have in the Head Coach and General Manager.

wist43
10-21-2017, 06:33 PM

Saints 30
Packers 20

pittstang5
10-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Saints 30
Packers 20

Sounds about right. I can't see the Packer defense holding the Saints under 30 points and I can't see Packers offense scoring more than 20 points.

I'm think more like Saints 35, Packers 17. Hundley is gonna struggle behind that shit-show of an o-line.

Cheesehead Craig
10-22-2017, 12:45 AM
No, Packers will win! I must finally see them win at Lambeau. I'm 0-2 seeing them live there. Gonna be a wet one though.

pbmax
10-22-2017, 07:55 AM
Wet and at home is good news.

Fritz
10-22-2017, 08:14 AM
Sounds about right. I can't see the Packer defense holding the Saints under 30 points and I can't see Packers offense scoring more than 20 points.

I'm think more like Saints 35, Packers 17. Hundley is gonna struggle behind that shit-show of an o-line.

I surely hope the Packers win, but I just can't see it at all. The Saints always run up the score on Dom's (lack of) defense, and too many guys are hurt for the Packers to be able to even stay close. I say MM sits all his "questionable" and "doubtful" starters, sucks up the loss, and tries to regroup for after the bye, without admitting that's what he's doing.

mraynrand
10-22-2017, 10:34 AM
I surely hope the Packers win, but I just can't see it at all. The Saints always run up the score on Dom's (lack of) defense, and too many guys are hurt for the Packers to be able to even stay close. I say MM sits all his "questionable" and "doubtful" starters, sucks up the loss, and tries to regroup for after the bye, without admitting that's what he's doing.

This is astute. Add that Stubby will expect them to win, will run a terribly conservative run-heavy, clock control type offense, and wonder what happened when they are down 21-3 in with 7 minutes left in the first half. He might adjust by the fourth quarter. (I'd put this scenario at about 65% likelihoood). At about 15% likelihood is a pass happy offense that gets Hundley hurt and Callahan autoparts running around like unsuccessful Tarkinton by halftime and Stubby looking longingly across the field at the inactive Taysom Hill.

pbmax
10-22-2017, 11:16 AM
A lot depends on how healthy the tackles are. I guarantee you M3 wants to pass on this defense. Lane Taylor's replacement factors in here as well, maybe even more important they can pass block on interior.

Its the Saints defense, marginal improvement over last three years means they are ranked 13th in yards, 21st in points. They are 15th ranked in the more efficiency minded DVOA measurement.

Scoring won't be the problem, defending might be.

Home and rain play in Packers favor.