PDA

View Full Version : Packers Made Huge Mistake Not Re-Signing This Defensive Back

woodbuck27
10-30-2017, 10:09 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5742263-packers-made-huge-mistake-not-re-signing-this-defensive-back?a_aid=36476

Packers Made Huge Mistake Not Re-Signing This Defensive Back

BY: Christopher Rosvoglou ... 30 OCT 2017

" ...Just one year after letting Casey Hayward walk to greener pastures in California, the Pack may have let another one go by.

During free agency, the Packers watched Micah Hyde sign a five-year deal, worth $30 million with the Buffalo Bills. While Hyde served as a sub-package role player with Green Bay, he has turned into a star safety in Buffalo. ....

Through seven games with the Bills, Hyde has become a star in an increased role. The days of him playing limited snaps are long gone; he rarely misses one anymore while expanding to his full potential.

While Green Bay has plenty of post-Aaron Rodgers offensive issues to sweat, too, their defense is blatantly lacking a takeaway machine. In fact, Hyde's five interceptions ranks just behind the Packers' entire defense; they've racked up six. ..."

Bretsky
10-30-2017, 10:15 PM
I don't think any of us thought Ted should pay 6MIL/YR for Hyde

We need more playmakers from Ted on Defense though; it'd help if all those early round DB's turn out

mraynrand
10-30-2017, 10:33 PM
Buffalo gets pressure from their front. At least 2-3 of Hyde's INTs that I've seen have come off deflections or inaccuracies from pressured throws.

bobblehead
10-30-2017, 11:48 PM
I don't think any of us thought Ted should pay 6MIL/YR for Hyde

We need more playmakers from Ted on Defense though; it'd help if all those early round DB's turn out

I did. I said from the time he was in GB he was a football player and you needed to put him on the field. The contract he signed wasn't prohibitive with the new cap. Our DBs absolutely blew last year and we let a decent one walk.

KYPack
10-31-2017, 09:46 AM
Both Hyde and Hayward were solid hands out on the field. Hayward was really good right from the jump. But they both graduated from small contracts and made it to the big dough. You can't pay big money to nickel backs. Both guys have to potential to do more on the field than GB was using them for. But both went to the 5-6 million dollar tier. You have to let some of those guys walk.

Hyde has been feasting on the solid front he plays with. Bufs front 7 is better than ours and Hyde has taken advantage of that. Good luck to Micah, he deserves anything he gets.

Hayward was the guy I wanted to keep, for his solid coverage instincts. But he takes a big ticket to the pay window and he opened the season with the dreaded Hayward (Packer?) Hamstring.

You can't keep 'em all, boys.

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Neither of them is a shutdown Corner. We've got plenty of solid #2 Corners now as well as decent Safeties. We just don't have a quality #1 Corner.

Pugger
10-31-2017, 10:06 AM
Buffalo gets pressure from their front. At least 2-3 of Hyde's INTs that I've seen have come off deflections or inaccuracies from pressured throws.

Exactly. If Hyde were here with our crappy pass rush do you think he'd be getting all these INTs with us?

ThunderDan
10-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Both Hyde and Hayward were solid hands out on the field. Hayward was really good right from the jump. But they both graduated from small contracts and made it to the big dough. You can't pay big money to nickel backs. Both guys have to potential to do more on the field than GB was using them for. But both went to the 5-6 million dollar tier. You have to let some of those guys walk.

Hyde has been feasting on the solid front he plays with. Bufs front 7 is better than ours and Hyde has taken advantage of that. Good luck to Micah, he deserves anything he gets.

Hayward was the guy I wanted to keep, for his solid coverage instincts. But he takes a big ticket to the pay window and he opened the season with the dreaded Hayward (Packer?) Hamstring.

You can't keep 'em all, boys.

Hayward was injured all the time as a Packer after his first year. He sure flashed his rookie year but couldn't stay on the field enough to justify a large contract in my opinion.

RashanGary
10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Shut the fuck up, woodchuck ;)

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Exactly. If Hyde were here with our crappy pass rush do you think he'd be getting all these INTs with us?

:huh:

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Shut the fuck up, woodchuck ;)

hahahaha

In here prospective drilling seldom turns up any oil.

A decent perspective too often fails in a whole lot of:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7Rt3sULNUkdxwlfZGd_3JKlMLYDcPw DmRoRll8RCelqkbOw8y

woodbuck27
10-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Hello, I'm Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson:

https://wonderopolis.org/wp-content/uploads//2015/03/1425_3.jpg

Hello....I am Packer GM Ted Thompson:

Good Day ! I AM the GM of the Green Bay Packers and my name is Ted Thompson:

RashanGary
10-31-2017, 03:35 PM
I was messing with ya, woodbuck. It’s kinda a shitty season so every disappointment adds up, but it’s all in jest. You have an interesting, independent way of seeing things, but I still like to mess around cuz I feel like if I can’t laugh at things, I’ll waste my life being too serious. So it really is a joke and I really do respect your independent analysis!

Sparkey
10-31-2017, 03:35 PM
http://www.12up.com/posts/5742263-packers-made-huge-mistake-not-re-signing-this-defensive-back?a_aid=36476

Packers Made Huge Mistake Not Re-Signing This Defensive Back

BY: Christopher Rosvoglou ... 30 OCT 2017

" ...Just one year after letting Casey Hayward walk to greener pastures in California, the Pack may have let another one go by.

During free agency, the Packers watched Micah Hyde sign a five-year deal, worth $30 million with the Buffalo Bills. While Hyde served as a sub-package role player with Green Bay, he has turned into a star safety in Buffalo. ....

Through seven games with the Bills, Hyde has become a star in an increased role. The days of him playing limited snaps are long gone; he rarely misses one anymore while expanding to his full potential.

While Green Bay has plenty of post-Aaron Rodgers offensive issues to sweat, too, their defense is blatantly lacking a takeaway machine. In fact, Hyde's five interceptions ranks just behind the Packers' entire defense; they've racked up six. ..."

Maybe it is more of an indictment against Dom Capers for his inability to maximize players abilities ?

esoxx
10-31-2017, 04:38 PM
Bring black Master Bates!!!!!

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Maybe it is more of an indictment against Dom Capers for his inability to maximize players abilities ?

That's just wrong. Without Capers' schemes, the Packers D would be ten times worse than it is.

Rutnstrut
10-31-2017, 06:29 PM
That's just wrong. Without Capers' schemes, the Packers D would be ten times worse than it is.

I usually agree with you, but not on this. It's clear when players go to other better coached teams and shine, that Capers sucks.

Teamcheez1
10-31-2017, 07:19 PM
It's time for Capers to ride off in the sunset. Mandatory retirement.

bobblehead
10-31-2017, 10:38 PM
I was messing with ya, woodbuck. It’s kinda a shitty season so every disappointment adds up, but it’s all in jest. You have an interesting, independent way of seeing things, but I still like to mess around cuz I feel like if I can’t laugh at things, I’ll waste my life being too serious. So it really is a joke and I really do respect your independent analysis!

I don't. I'm worried Michael Bennett is going to kick my ass.

mraynrand
10-31-2017, 11:17 PM
Belated Happy Halloween, Rats

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNgRZybUMAITFyG.jpg

Sparkey
11-01-2017, 10:14 AM
https://giphy.com/gifs/tocaboca-halloween-toca-boca-boo-l41lMGEt6ZR9MXvYQ?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://www.google.com/search?q=halloween+boo+gif&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjareHc1J3XAhWk24MKHR0-C74QsAQIJQ&biw=1231&bih=614

https://giphy.com/gifs/tocaboca-halloween-toca-boca-boo-l41lMGEt6ZR9MXvYQ?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://www.google.com/search?q=halloween+boo+gif&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjareHc1J3XAhWk24MKHR0-C74QsAQIJQ&biw=1231&bih=614

woodbuck27
11-01-2017, 01:23 PM

:-) I agree if we cannot now have a sincere joke with one another in a busted Season where is this place? :idea:

The last thing we need at Packerrats is something resembling a really ugly and failing relationship heading for the inevitable DIVORCE.

The Green Bay Packers may not win another game this Season and the Brass can maybe say that was all ARod's injury but I don't believe that's too smart. There's a lot wrong in Green Bay.

The fact of life and Green Bay Packers is there is a whole lot more Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson, has to at least try to mend, that isn't anything and DRAFT and hopes of a Super Bowl with an outstanding QB (as ARod was).

We now await the verdict of life on that matter and ARod's future as an NFL QB. Will he come back from that injury the same as he was or will he have lost something significant?

There's no time to panic and ARod (that's a wait and see) but time to at least do something positive for the Green Bay Packers and Ted Thompson does little to nothing !? The Green Bay Packers are obviously exposed as to the real strength of everything after Aaron Rodgers. To see the Packers GM sitting on his hands and doing little to nothing:

That simply SUCKS !

Ted's like the guy who lets the household food supply diminish to that point that suddenly he must go shopping or starve and/or get sick.

The Packers are identified under Ted Thompson's and Mike McCarthy's Philosophy of developing a legitimate Super Bowl contending team as a Draft and Development Organization. Why then after development does Ted Thompson send FA eligible (Packer invested) players out to test their 'real value' on the open market? Players I would think would like to know some real value for themselves in Ted Thompson and the Green Bay Packers.

Maybe the money they deserve simply isn't there because certain Roster players get far too much!? If that's the case balance the CAP Space and the REAL VALUE of all Roster Players. Make hard decisions and CAP Money about tomorrow not yesterday.

A lot of question that as the GM of the Green Bay Packers Ted Thompson must deal with in terms of a certain focus on a lot more that keeping Lambeau Field Games still sold out. ** Packer Nation deserves another Super Bowl hopefully with Aaron Rodgers as it's NO. 1 QB.

The work necessary to get there ** didn't end with the loss of Aaron Rodgers for any degree of time this Season.

GO PACK GO !