PDA

View Full Version : Do we have an official anthem kneeling thread?

australianpackerbacker
11-05-2017, 03:17 AM
If not, here it is..:)

Who disagrees with the stance of the players? Of which the NFL are made up of close to %80 African American or ethnic origin....

Who agrees with the players? Of which, knowing in the state of the world we are in, most people with regular jobs would be fired, yet also take note, you don't start work with the national anthem like these guys do unless youre in the military.

My personal opinion is that you are free to do say and be whoever you feel like you wanna be, and that nobody can tell you otherwise unless youre delusional and kill people or have a psychoactive problem and in which case youre eliminated from all normalcy, so maybe half of yall shouldn't answer..:) just kiddin.

p.s I don't think colin kaepernick is a solid starting quarterback, I think hes just as good as RG3

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2017, 06:52 AM
The protesters say their gesture is wholly about protesting a deep imperfection in the country.

The offended say the gesture is about insulting the flag, police and military. Not uncoincidentaly, this side disagrees with the point the protesters claim to make.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2017, 08:13 AM
yes we do - or did - but it went off into FYI and died. That's probably what will happen here too as soon as it gets controversial beyond actual football stuff.

A lot of Good Normal people talk about boycotting or ignoring the NFL - I think they even designated next Sunday, the day after Veterans Day to do that. Like Aussieguy said about the players, those people also are free to do and say whatever the hell they want.

Myself, I'm absolutely NOT gonna sacrifice enjoying watching NFL football and the Packers over this silly shit - even though I hate as much as anybody the anti-American attitudes of the kneelers.

And p.s., when you got an O Line like we got, you maybe need a QB like Kaepernick who runs like a slave leaving the plantation (hahahahaha I hate political correctness too). If he could throw half as good as Aaron Rodgers or 2/3 as good as Hundley, I'd take him even with his God damned shitty attitude.

"deep imperfection of the country"? Fuck that! Anybody with a heart and a brain knows that America in the present is the nearest thing to perfection that has ever occurred since the Garden of Eden got washed away.

gbgary
11-05-2017, 10:04 AM
http://www.fototime.com/CF4C358C1C0A43A/orig.gif

Tony Oday
11-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I have reduced my NFL consumption considerably this year. I have watched the Packer games and maybe one Sunday of the red zone but I doubt I will even turn it on today.

Tony Oday
11-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Oh and my son loves the Packers and the Wild so instead of Packer Gear he got all new Wild gear.

Joemailman
11-05-2017, 10:42 AM
I think there wasn't a thread like this in here because most people just wish the issue would go away. It hasn't affected my NFL consumption. That's been reduced for a while now. I watch the Packers. I usually watch Sunday Night. I might watch some of Monday night if it's a really good matchup. I never watch Thursday Night unless the Packers are playing. I used to be a football junkie on Sunday afternoon. With the Packers playing Monday Night, my TV will probably be off all afternoon. That's a change that had occurred long before Kaepernick took a knee.

woodbuck27
11-05-2017, 11:35 AM
A player protest (for what? 120-150 seconds and quietly) has little to do and my observation why anyone might not wish to try to be masochistic enough to watch an entire NFL game.

The length combined in any NFL Telecasted game of the Commercials is over the top now ridiculous.Way too much LIVE game interruption and stupid Commercials. Why should a one hour game take 3 hours to telecast !?

Excessive Commercials.

ND72
11-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Every day, thousands of kids sit during the national anthem and/or the pledge of allegiance in schools, and teachers are told they are not allowed to say or do anything about it because it is their cultural, ethical, political, or religious right to do so, and "typically" not a word is ever said about it. I was in a school where every native american PARENT stayed seated during the national anthem, and nothing was ever said or done about it. And at my hometown school, which is the Indians, they routinely have native american demonstrators still today who sit outside the gym during basketball season, and pound on drums during the national anthem trying to drown out the anthem. Then they walk around the court during introductions to block students from being seen during introductions. This is in Wisconsin, by the way.

It is as much their 1st amendment right as it is your 2nd amendment rights to own a gun.

mraynrand
11-05-2017, 01:09 PM
http://www.fototime.com/CF4C358C1C0A43A/orig.gif

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28671-Bearing-Arms

woodbuck27
11-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Every day, thousands of kids sit during the national anthem and/or the pledge of allegiance in schools, and teachers are told they are not allowed to say or do anything about it because it is their cultural, ethical, political, or religious right to do so, and "typically" not a word is ever said about it. I was in a school where every native american PARENT stayed seated during the national anthem, and nothing was ever said or done about it. And at my hometown school, which is the Indians, they routinely have native american demonstrators still today who sit outside the gym during basketball season, and pound on drums during the national anthem trying to drown out the anthem. Then they walk around the court during introductions to block students from being seen during introductions. This is in Wisconsin, by the way.

It is as much their 1st amendment right as it is your 2nd amendment rights to own a gun.

Without 'the Right To Protest' and anything Packer Nation...NFL Nation...Nation...World......where is The Democrasy?

bobblehead
11-05-2017, 04:11 PM

Absolutely they have the right. I have the right to say they are scum. I also can tune out if I choose. Their employer could put an end to it also if they chose to.

Finally, I would have no problem if they took their required press time to make their statements and defend their positions. But that wouldn't be the thumb in the eye they are going for.

Rastak
11-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Absolutely they have the right. I have the right to say they are scum. I also can tune out if I choose. Their employer could put an end to it also if they chose to.

Finally, I would have no problem if they took their required press time to make their statements and defend their positions. But that wouldn't be the thumb in the eye they are going for.

What he said....

pbmax
11-05-2017, 04:26 PM
Spider Troll Sense tingling!

Secret second account sense tingling too.

ND72
11-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Their employer could put an end to it also if they chose to.

#1 - Their employer could...but since they have a collecting bargaining contract that doesn't say they can't, you would have a huge legal issue then, and many owners know this, as does the NFL, and the NFL would lose this because of it.

#2 - Do you watch any of their "required press time"? Many of the players have been using it as time to defend their position, most people don't want to listen to it though.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
I think there wasn't a thread like this in here because most people just wish the issue would go away. It hasn't affected my NFL consumption. That's been reduced for a while now. I watch the Packers. I usually watch Sunday Night. I might watch some of Monday night if it's a really good matchup. I never watch Thursday Night unless the Packers are playing. I used to be a football junkie on Sunday afternoon. With the Packers playing Monday Night, my TV will probably be off all afternoon. That's a change that had occurred long before Kaepernick took a knee.

This is pretty much my feeling too. I think there are dark forces pulling the strings of some or most of these anti-American kneelers. They would like nothing better than to deprive decent normal Americans of one of the things we love best: NFL Football. Ignore the bastards, and sooner or later - hopefully sooner - they will get tired of the silly shit.

Teamcheez1
11-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Vin Scully and I didn't watch any games on Sunday.

The NFL is nothing more than an entertainment business. It has no significance in real life or the world. If they want to make it more than that, they will continue to diminish viewership and revenue.

Tony Oday
11-06-2017, 08:42 AM
Watch one half of football this weekend just because the wife wanted to do her puzzle and watch some.

ThunderDan
11-06-2017, 09:39 AM
I watched a little of the Cowboys/Chiefs game.

I am actually beginning to love the bye week and Monday night Packer games. It lets us have a whole weekend to do whatever we want.

woodbuck27
11-06-2017, 03:24 PM
I watched Washington @ Seattle to see if Eddie Lacy showed anything resembling impressive:

NO !

It's a shame that Aaron Rodgers went down as if he was still on board it would be Packers..... and Philly and Dallas and Seattle

Outside of these four I have New Orleans and Carolina.... Can Newton might for his Team... cool his Jets.

mraynrand
11-06-2017, 04:49 PM
I watched Washington @ Seattle to see if Eddie Lacy showed anything resembling impressive:

Even when he's on the 46 man gameday roster, Lacy is still listen as 'inactive'