PDA

View Full Version : Other NFL Games Week 9

woodbuck27
11-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Watching Washington @ Seattle and Seahawks Blair Walsh miss 4 X FG"s;

I predict another Kicker in Seattle soon.

MadScientist
11-05-2017, 04:51 PM
KC's touchdown at the end of the half was almost as amazing as a Rodgers hail Mary.

pbmax
11-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Kyle Odegard‏ @Kyle_Odegard
Tyrann Mathieu beaten over the top twice in past few plays. That time, Marquise Goodwin brought it in. 55 yards.

NO, I DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS EITHER

Tyrann Mathieu‏ @Mathieu_Era
Dude, my job was the dig route.
Y'all don't have a clue what coverage we run. Quick to blame me.

BUT THE HONEY BADGER ENSURES WE WON'T FORGET HIM :)

pbmax
11-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
More
Today marks 1st time in NFL history in which QBs selected No. 1 and 2 in same NFL Draft - Goff and Wentz - each threw 4 TDs on same day.

channtheman
11-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
More
Today marks 1st time in NFL history in which QBs selected No. 1 and 2 in same NFL Draft - Goff and Wentz - each threw 4 TDs on same day.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

https://youtu.be/FzjtPtOH-Hg

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Cleft Crusty
11-06-2017, 06:12 AM
Given the history of the draft, having #1 and #2 picks throw 4 TDs on the same day is extremely unlikely, given that there just aren't that many instances of QBs going 1,2 (8 in total going back to 1950), and that, except in one case, at least one of the two was a total bust:

2015: Winston, Mariota
2012: Luck, Griffen
1999: Couch, McNabb
1998: Manning, Leaf
1993: Bledsoe, Mirer
1971: Plunkett, Manning
1954: Garrett, McHan

In 1958, the Chicago Cardinals drafted QB King Hill #1, and the next QB selected was Jim Ninowski in the fourth round by the Browns. In those days, defense and running backs were more valued. This is true through the 70s even after the merger with the more pass-happy AFL, until the rule changes making it easier for receivers to run free were put in place.

pbmax
11-06-2017, 07:25 AM
Poor Rick Mirer. It looked like a promising start.

The killer are the guys who people did know should go very high but talked themselves out of it. Like Marino in 1983.

Pugger
11-06-2017, 07:36 AM
The best thing about yesterday is both Seattle and Atlanta lost.

channtheman
11-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Given the history of the draft, having #1 and #2 picks throw 4 TDs on the same day is extremely unlikely, given that there just aren't that many instances of QBs going 1,2 (8 in total going back to 1950), and that, except in one case, at least one of the two was a total bust:

2015: Winston, Mariota
2012: Luck, Griffen
1999: Couch, McNabb
1998: Manning, Leaf
1993: Bledsoe, Mirer
1971: Plunkett, Manning
1954: Garrett, McHan

In 1958, the Chicago Cardinals drafted QB King Hill #1, and the next QB selected was Jim Ninowski in the fourth round by the Browns. In those days, defense and running backs were more valued. This is true through the 70s even after the merger with the more pass-happy AFL, until the rule changes making it easier for receivers to run free were put in place.

I'm sure it's unlikely, I just don't care. These reporters come up with so many useless stats. I remember when I was a kid and they'd tell us something stupid that meant nothing (usually about Brett Favre) and at the time I'd eat it up, thinking it was a great source of pride when in reality the stat meant nothing. Not a jab at pb, BTW. Just a mini rant about useless stats.

mraynrand
11-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Poor Rick Mirer. It looked like a promising start.

The killer are the guys who people did know should go very high but talked themselves out of it. Like Marino in 1983.

And Rodgers!

pbmax
11-06-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm sure it's unlikely, I just don't care. These reporters come up with so many useless stats. I remember when I was a kid and they'd tell us something stupid that meant nothing (usually about Brett Favre) and at the time I'd eat it up, thinking it was a great source of pride when in reality the stat meant nothing. Not a jab at pb, BTW. Just a mini rant about useless stats.

Same thing happened to me growing up. I am sure most have had this experience.

But its a cool factoid, even if it tells us noting in particular about how to build your team.

mraynrand
11-06-2017, 10:45 AM
But its a cool factoid, even if it tells us noting in particular about how to build your team.

If that lying fraud Cleft Crusty is to be believed, it proves that it's rare for QBs to be chosen with the first two picks of the draft, and even when they are, it's unlikely that both will be good.

pbmax
11-06-2017, 11:24 AM
If that lying fraud Cleft Crusty is to be believed, it proves that it's rare for QBs to be chosen with the first two picks of the draft, and even when they are, it's unlikely that both will be good.

Which means they are like every other player in the first round. Even picking first is no guarantee.

So need different strategy to get your QB.

woodbuck27
11-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Watching Washington @ Seattle and Seahawks Blair Walsh miss 4 X FG"s;

I predict another Kicker in Seattle soon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21308363/seattle-seahawks-kicker-blair-walsh-misses-three-field-goals-loss

I'm correcting this to.Blair Walsh missed 3 FG's yesterday at Home In a losing cause to the Washington Redskins.

If he makes just two of those and all else the same then it would have been a Seattle 'W'.

woodbuck27
11-06-2017, 02:37 PM
KC's touchdown at the end of the half was almost as amazing as a Rodgers hail Mary.

KC's Kareem Hunt is an amazing RB.

Kansas City’s WR NO.10 Tyreek Hill's 56 Yard scoreing play will surely be on the short list for the play of the year in the NFL. That was a tremendous Highlight Reel Play. This Guy is full of them.It seems often he does the spectacular.

Here it is (Click on Watch on YouTube.):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3btlgDDV9A&feature=player_embedded