PDA

View Full Version : What will be the Bears Game Plan?

RIPackerFan
09-08-2006, 11:59 AM
What do you think the Bears will do to the Packers (a lot has been said about what the Packers should do).

On offense, I think the Bears will try to come out passing (going after Woodson). Our run D looked stouter than our pass D in preseason, and I think they will try to get Grossman going. Run will be secondary but if they get ahead, it will be the staple of the offense.

On D, they will forego defending against the run in favor of going after Favre, throwing a lot of misdirection, stunts towards the inner part of the line. I would expect to see a lot of blitzes and rushes toward Brett - to give him happy feet and get him to pressure the ball to the receivers.

Your thoughts?

ND72
09-08-2006, 12:02 PM
defensively I think you see a Blitz on 1st down, a blitz on 2nd down and a blitz on 3rd down. they'll really try to mess with our minds. GB needs soem short quick passes and some hot routes to "counter" what i think they'll do.

offensively for them, I expect them to try to run a lot on us with Thomas Jones. I would honestly expect Rex to be like 10/15 passing, but they run the ball like 40+ times, if things go well for them.

RashanGary
09-08-2006, 12:04 PM
KILL FAVRE

If they don't, they are absolutely incompitent.

No Mo Moss
09-08-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think there is any doubt that the Bears want to score first and make Favre play from behind against that Defense. It will be vital that we get a score right away. I think the Bears will throw a few deep to Berrian on a few early running downs to try for the explosive play while we focus on the run.
We can't let them connect for long strikes.

RashanGary
09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I think we're going to see Favre on his back in pain all game long. The Bears need to make him uncomfortable and show him why this is a young mans game. They need to enflict as much pain as possible early. They need to make him afraid in the pocket and frustrated at his teammates who are supposed to be protecting him.

If I'm Chicago, I put Urlacher in Favres face all game long. I do my best to make him feel it every time he throws. The Packers cannot win if Chicago can get to Favre. That is the key to the game.

ahaha
09-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't see them doing much different than what they did last year. On offense they'll focus on running and short dink & dunk passes. Launching the ball deep plays to our defense's strength. Better to do short stuff, with their inadequate receivers, and hope for some missed tackles, rather than launching it deep. That would give guys like Collins and Woodson chances for interceptions.
On defense I doubt they'll blitz much. Their Tampa-2 is all about getting pressure with the front four, and they have a good one. Stuff the run and put Brett in long passing situations. Rush four and put seven back in zone coverage.

mmmdk
09-08-2006, 12:29 PM
I think the Bears defense will try to bully the Packers O-line. Bears defense will take the short route to the QB, why?, because they can. The Bears front 7 guys are fast, right off of the snap, hence Favre will be thrown to the ground. The Packers O-line must match the tempo of the Bears defenders or the ZBS will be shut down too. I'd expect blitzes and run-blitzes. On offense the Bears will run it all day long, setting up play-action plays. Geez, it sounds a bit gloomy but the Q was what the Bears would do right? The Packer players can prevent the above and that's why they play the games.

Also, virtually all expects are really, really hard on the Packers. It seems all I read is negative about them. I've never seen such bad previews on the Packers, the previews resemble those the 49ers got prior to last season.

Packnut
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Living here in Chicago, I can tell ya the media is all over the Bears weak passing game. Lovie need's to quiet the Griese backers and I expect him to come out throwing. In his mind, the Bears D can shut us down so he'll take more chances than usual.

On offense, we need to take a page out of the Dolphins playbook. We should throw several WR screens to Driver and Jennings in the hopes that they can break one down the sidelines. I also look for Green and Henderson in the flat a lot. 1st down will tell the story in this one my friends. If Brett has a lot of 3rd and longs, we hav'nt got a prayer.

BEARMAN
09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
They(DA BEARS) will take what every you(packers) give us. If you stack the box with 8, then Rex burns you deep. If you pull off to pass protection, we run Jones/Benson/Peterson . Our "D" will be taking your "O" lind Rooks to school. Farve is either be hurried alot(means INT's or Incompleations) or sacked alot. Basicaly ... packers lose, bad !

GO BEARS !

Packnut
09-08-2006, 02:08 PM
They(DA BEARS) will take what every you(packers) give us. If you stack the box with 8, then Rex burns you deep. If you pull off to pass protection, we run Jones/Benson/Peterson . Our "D" will be taking your "O" lind Rooks to school. Favre is either be hurried alot(means INT's or Incompleations) or sacked alot. Basicaly ... packers lose, bad !

GO BEARS !

Get real! Your offense is not the second coming of the Colts O

drayge
09-08-2006, 02:49 PM
IMO, the Bears will try to confuse our rookie LB. I'd look for them to run a lot of routes which make our rookies make quick decisions when dropping in coverage, hoping to exploit the youth.

Deputy Nutz
09-08-2006, 03:02 PM
On Offense, the Bears will want to control the clock and give their defense an opportunity to win the game. The Bears will be happy gaining 3 plus yards a carry, and keeping the clock moving. When they do pass look for them to utilize their tight ends. The simply don't have the recievers at this point to continually beat Woodson and Harris.

Also the Bears will want to attack the middle of the field, going after the Packers safeties.

On defense, the Bears will do what they do best, and play quality cover 2 defense. The Bears secondary is their weakest point on defense, and so they will try to pressure Favre and keep him throwing underneath until he feels pressure to win the game himself.

Tony Oday
09-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Bears will come out and try to bully the Pack and get to Favre early making him bleed. Favre gets pissed bitch slapps Tommy Harris and BURNs the Bears defense going 25-32 with 3 TDs and 1 pick.

Packers 27 Bears 3

Bossman641
09-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't see them doing much different than what they did last year. On offense they'll focus on running and short dink & dunk passes. Launching the ball deep plays to our defense's strength. Better to do short stuff, with their inadequate receivers, and hope for some missed tackles, rather than launching it deep. That would give guys like Collins and Woodson chances for interceptions.
On defense I doubt they'll blitz much. Their Tampa-2 is all about getting pressure with the front four, and they have a good one. Stuff the run and put Brett in long passing situations. Rush four and put seven back in zone coverage.

I agree. The Bears will do exactly what they did last year.

On offense they'll try to run the ball down our throats and hope they can control the tempo. They'll run alot of slants and crossing routes to test the middle of the Packer defense. I see them maybe taking a shot downfield somewhat early with a bomb to Berrian or jump ball to Moose. We need to shut down their run and force them to put the ball in the air because Grossman and their passing game are trash.

On defense they'll start out rushing 4 and dropping 7. If the middle of our line is somehow able to neutralize Harris and Scott, Favre will have time to throw. I only see the Bears blitzing if they have trouble pressuring Favre. When they do blitz expect it to come up the middle.

Basically they will sit back and be more than happy to play field position football and take advantage of the short field. WE CAN NOT HAVE TURNOVERS IN THIS GAME!!!

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
They(DA BEARS) will take what every you(packers) give us. If you stack the box with 8, then Rex burns you deep. If you pull off to pass protection, we run Jones/Benson/Peterson . Our "D" will be taking your "O" lind Rooks to school. Favre is either be hurried alot(means INT's or Incompleations) or sacked alot. Basicaly ... packers lose, bad !

GO BEARS !

Get real! Your offense is not the second coming of the Colts O
Maybe not but they scored just as many points. :mrgreen: