PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 10 @ Bears

pbmax
11-12-2017, 03:05 PM
It was ugly, but it was a win. Off the schneid. 5-4.

Jones, Monty and King got hurt. Updates as they happen.

Have some errands to run so if someone wants to pull quotes from the press conferences, feel free.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Wilde says it was NOT the snap.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOdezc1UEAAKH6P.jpg:large

Joemailman
11-12-2017, 03:13 PM
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wls/images/cms/automation/images/332086_1280x720.jpg

red
11-12-2017, 03:15 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3a/26/e7/3a26e7fbe1843e9f0ed2697e76d90780--go-pack-go-sports-photos.jpg

red
11-12-2017, 03:16 PM
sorry bears, but that was probably as bad of a packer teams as we've had on the field in almost 30 years

whats your excuse?

Joemailman
11-12-2017, 03:18 PM
sorry bears, but that was probably as bad of a packer teams as we've had on the field in almost 30 years

whats your excuse?

Well, they're The Bears.

beveaux1
11-12-2017, 03:27 PM

whats your excuse?

Really inept first half play by the Bears. The whole game, the offensive play calling was bad...really bad. Anybody who watched that game, the Bears showed how to take the ball out of a QB's hand.

Run, run, pass almost every series. McCarthy took the reins off Hundley and, although he didn't set the world on fire, overall, he was competent.

We also showed that we can beat a team that might be a little better than we are. The Bears defense is definitely better and they were playing at home. I think the offenses were similar. We won and we played well enough that I would say we outplayed them.

So what was the difference? Answer that for yourself.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Pete Dougherty‏ @PeteDougherty
Packers announce 2 other injuries after game: Hundley hamstring and King shoulder.

So Hundley was slow on that run not just because of the clock, but a bum leg.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Super 70s Sports‏ @Super70sSports
John Fox found a $20 bill on the sidewalk, challenged it, and now owes the IRS $35,000 in back taxes.

Joemailman
11-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Packers announce 2 other injuries after game: Hundley hamstring and King shoulder.

Well, that explains his 2nd half. If you want to play like a Packer, you need a hamstring injury.

woodbuck27
11-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Really inept first half play by the Bears. The whole game, the offensive play calling was bad...really bad. Anybody who watched that game, the Bears showed how to take the ball out of a QB's hand.

Run, run, pass almost every series. McCarthy took the reins off Hundley and, although he didn't set the world on fire, overall, he was competent.

We also showed that we can beat a team that might be a little better than we are. The Bears defense is definitely better and they were playing at home. I think the offenses were similar. We won and we played well enough that I would say we outplayed them.

So what was the difference? Answer that for yourself.

The Packers Offense got it done at the most crucial time but that game was nearly thrown away as late it should NOT have been just a 7 Point game..

woodbuck27
11-12-2017, 03:45 PM

" Hundley hamstring" pbmax

Holy Cow.

mraynrand
11-12-2017, 03:58 PM

this is insane

pbmax
11-12-2017, 04:52 PM
At least losing possession didn't cost the Bears a TO!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOd1tIJX0AA-1D4.jpg:large

pbmax
11-12-2017, 04:55 PM
this is insane

Would love to see the 1986 Gregg team against current Packers. Would Campen play against himself coaching?

Maxie the Taxi
11-12-2017, 04:56 PM
^Won the battle, lost the war.:glug:

Teamcheez1
11-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Game left a bad taste in my mouth.

Didn't think either team played well. Hundley was marginally better. Defense still stinks. Bears still suck.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty, but I don't see a lot to look forward to the rest of the season, even with very low expectations.

mraynrand
11-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Would love to see the 1986 Gregg team against current Packers. Would Campen play against himself coaching?
Technically that's 31 years ago. How about the 10-0 at Chicago in '91? That was so awful. Or the loss at Baltimore on Sunday or MNF in 2005?

pbmax
11-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Didn't think either team played well. Hundley was marginally better. Defense still stinks. Bears still suck.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty, but I don't see a lot to look forward to the rest of the season, even with very low expectations.

New Orleans held them to 12 in the Big Easy. Not too bad for the defense compared to others. Division road win is solid as well.

Gotta hope success builds off success with Hundley.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Technically that's 31 years ago. How about the 10-0 at Chicago in '91? That was so awful. Or the loss at Baltimore on Sunday or MNF in 2005?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I assumed Red's 30 year window was at least partially to avoid have to have the 4-12 '86 Packers face this current group.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Josh Hawkins @28degreess
THE PACK IS BACK!!
#GoPackGo

THERE IS NO WAY HAWKING CAN GET THE BITTERSWEET NATURE OF THAT SLOGAN, CAN HE?

AM I RIGHT ITS BITTERSWEET BECAUSE IT WAS USED A LOT PRIOR TO THE ACTUAL RETURN OF CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL?

pbmax
11-12-2017, 06:42 PM
HUNDLEY PC

Green Bay Packers @packers
Hundley on his first win as a starting QB: It feels amazing. It's truly a blessing, especially in a rivalry game. #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo

“FEELS GOOD!”

"We have to keep this momentum going."

MCCARTHY PC

McCarthy: @NickTheGreat8 is so powerful. So heavy-handed. Nick obviously had a big day today (3 sacks). #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo

McCarthy: Any time you win a division game it's important. Any time you beat the Bears it's important. Good win today. Proud of our football team. #GBvsCHI #GoPackGo

pbmax
11-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
#Packers injuries:

RB Aaron Jones (knee)
RB Ty Montgomery (ribs)
CB Kevin King (shoulder)
QB Brett Hundley (hamstring)

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
#Packers OLB Nick Perry on his 3.0 sacks against the #Bears: "Just continue to go. Effort. Sometimes the first move doesn’t work, so you’ve got to continue to press and collapse the pocket and just try to stay alive. I think I did some good things out there today."

Joemailman
11-12-2017, 06:56 PM

Yeah, there's lots of teams they couldn't have beaten today. Today is only a cause for optimism if it represented a real turning of the corner for Hundley. He did play pretty well in the 2nd half.

Joemailman
11-12-2017, 07:08 PM
IMO Packers have a very good trio of RB's if they could keep at least 2 of them healthy at the same time. Monty runs too high though inside, and might always have rib issues.

bobblehead
11-12-2017, 07:37 PM
IMO Packers have a very good trio of RB's if they could keep at least 2 of them healthy at the same time. Monty runs too high though inside, and might always have rib issues.

Yea. he is like 6'1" I think. He runs high, but has weird vision. He slowly picks his holes and is effective, but it could contribute to his injuries.

red
11-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Yea. he is like 6'1" I think. He runs high, but has weird vision. He slowly picks his holes and is effective, but it could contribute to his injuries.

6 foot even

texaspackerbacker
11-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Williams ran a helluva lot better than he ever did in the preseason. I'm still waiting to see Davonte Mays get on the field, though. I'm one of the biggest critics of our O Line, but they were a lot less bad than usual today. Maybe it was just poor D by the Bears.

pbmax
11-12-2017, 09:17 PM
The Bears front 7 can play.

Smidgeon
11-13-2017, 01:40 AM
The Bears front 7 can play.

Does that mean Jamaal Williams can play too? He got some tough yards at the end.

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 06:56 AM
we can't put this game in the books until Fritz weighs in.

Teamcheez1
11-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Yeah, there's lots of teams they couldn't have beaten today. Today is only a cause for optimism if it represented a real turning of the corner for Hundley. He did play pretty well in the 2nd half.

I thought Hundley did finish the game strong, however he only had 95 yards passing through three quarters. Let's hope he has turned the corner.

denverYooper
11-13-2017, 07:38 AM
I thought Hundley did finish the game strong, however he only had 95 yards passing through three quarters. Let's hope he has turned the corner.

Looking at it another way, he put up 117 yards and a TD with the game on the line. He also hit another deep pass late to Adams to keep the clock rolling and put them in position to ice the game.

Tony Oday
11-13-2017, 08:31 AM
I like the deep passes but the out patterns scare the hell out of me. Should have been two pick sixes on the first drive.

Tony Oday
11-13-2017, 08:46 AM
:bang: double post

Fritz
11-13-2017, 09:02 AM
we can't put this game in the books until Fritz weighs in.

Fritz recalls many a game with Aaron Rodgers at the helm in which the Packers looked like shit, yet won a close game in Chicago. Afterward, we all bemoaned the state of the team.

Joemailman
11-13-2017, 09:35 AM
I like the deep passes but the out patterns scare the hell out of me. Should have been two pick sixes on the first drive.

Good news is it happened on the 1st drive, but I don't think it happened after that. (Could be wrong). I'm sure it was a topic of discussion when he got to the sideline. If he was throwing the out too late, that's correctable. If he lacks the arm strength to throw the out, then he's a career backup.

woodbuck27
11-13-2017, 09:47 AM
That was a huge win for the Packers.

It appears again as if they came away from it a bit banged up.

Brett Hundley looked much better in the second half and that's encouraging but MM should make play calls keeping his passes aimed downfield. I'm thinking to better eliminate any Pick six's.

Nick Perry had a great day. The Packers are one game over .500. and 5-4.

Again a HUGE win. :clap:

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
11-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Does that mean Jamaal Williams can play too? He got some tough yards at the end.

He's not going to get you a home run. But like the O line, he will get a workmanlike production from most plays. Not many negative plays yesterday.

He also looks like a legit short yardage back. Add in the fact that he can pass block and catch, that is a VERY nice complement to Monty and Ripper, who can do both as well.'

You could have a 3rd and short to medium offense of 2 RB, Williams and Ripper, where you dare the defense to go base. If they don't, run it. If they go base, send both backs out to beat the LBs.

pbmax
11-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Good news is it happened on the 1st drive, but I don't think it happened after that. (Could be wrong). I'm sure it was a topic of discussion when he got to the sideline. If he was throwing the out too late, that's correctable. If he lacks the arm strength to throw the out, then he's a career backup.

There were two passes out that were late. One in each half I think. He all but double clutched the second half throw as he moved from his first read to his second (it was the play they re-ran and Spielman was giving Hundley props for going through his progressions).

QBME
11-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Aaron Jones out for a month with sprained knee tendon according to WBBM Chicago.

Pugger
11-13-2017, 12:00 PM
He's not going to get you a home run. But like the O line, he will get a workmanlike production from most plays. Not many negative plays yesterday.

He also looks like a legit short yardage back. Add in the fact that he can pass block and catch, that is a VERY nice complement to Monty and Ripper, who can do both as well.'

You could have a 3rd and short to medium offense of 2 RB, Williams and Ripper, where you dare the defense to go base. If they don't, run it. If they go base, send both backs out to beat the LBs.

If Williams can get 4 yds a carry most of the time that could be good enough to keep defenses honest and slow down the pass rush.

Pugger
11-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Aaron Jones out for a month with sprained knee tendon according to WBBM Chicago.

Well, it could have been worse and he'd be lost for the season... :-|

pbmax
11-13-2017, 12:02 PM
Sounds like an MCL. Just a stone cold guess though.

pbmax
11-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
Brett Goode can return this week. I would expect that he would. (You expect that too, I'm sure)

COMPARED TO THE PRESEASON, HART HAS PICKED IT UP. IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE.

But I still want Goode back.

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 12:17 PM

they did say tendon. Negative on ligament tear. Maybe quad tendon?

MadScientist
11-13-2017, 12:47 PM
At least losing possession didn't cost the Bears a TO!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOd1tIJX0AA-1D4.jpg:large

In other words: After further review, the Bears still suck.

Joemailman
11-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
Brett Goode can return this week. I would expect that he would. (You expect that too, I'm sure)

COMPARED TO THE PRESEASON, HART HAS PICKED IT UP. IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE.

But I still want Goode back.

Goode was released with an injury settlement. I believe that would mean he doesn't count as one of the 2 guys they can bring off IR. Yes?

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Goode was released with an injury settlement. I believe that would mean he doesn't count as one of the 2 guys they can bring off IR. Yes?
Yes
I thought the rule was he couldn't be signed for minimum 6 weeks after injury settlement or something like that.

MadScientist
11-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Yes
I thought the rule was he couldn't be signed for minimum 6 weeks after injury settlement or something like that.

IIRC it's 4 weeks after the duration of the injury settlement. So if the Packers, upon release, paid him 3 weeks of salary as an injury settlement, 7 weeks after the settlement the Packers could sign him, but any other team could sign him after the 3 weeks of settlement. Note I was just using the 3 weeks as an example, I don't know what the actual settlement was.

mraynrand
11-13-2017, 02:59 PM
That makes sense. But it has to be at least 6 weeks from what I saw. So that would mean payoff for two weeks.

Maybe they can give him Bennett's check

I won't have any trouble cashing a second party out of state paycheck will I? It's just that I haven't kept up in my banking.....

pbmax
11-14-2017, 08:24 AM
they did say tendon. Negative on ligament tear. Maybe quad tendon?

Schefter said MCL and 3-6 weeks later yesterday.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Monday PCs

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
@TomSilverstein
McCarthy: Winning feels much better. Got into corrections and were able to get some time in on Baltimore. Important to turn the page.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
MM on Jones's knee injury - multiple weeks. Montgomery "has a chance" with the rib injury but is being examined yet.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy on Aaron Jones and Montgomery: Jones is a multi-week injury and Montgomery is still going through tests. Has a chance.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Williams is just playing now rather thinking too much, like he was early in season, MM says. "He cut it loose" yesterday.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy on J. Williams: Total confidence change vs. way he started. In camp, he was ahead of rookies. When season started, he was trying to do it right. Thinking too much.

@TomSilverstein
MM on J. Williams: He's really developed into a heckuva special teams player. Yesterday he cut it loose.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Too many mental errors on offense, McCarthy says.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy on Devante Mays: He's devolping. Getting stronger. He's been ready to go. He'll have an opportunity this week.

@TomSilverstein
MM on run game: Starts upfront. Play style is what you're looking for. Offensive and defensive lines were setting tone.

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy: Said his people were wondering whether they could challenge the challenge. Said they're looking at everything. Will work it self out.

I THINK THAT MEANS THE REFS SAID THEY WERE LOOKING AT EVERYTHING?

@TomSilverstein
McCarthy on Kevin King shoulder: He'll be evaluated. Nothing to report.

@TomSilverstein
Tom Silverstein Retweeted Tom Silverstein
Also said King was struggling.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 09:27 AM
@TomSilverstein
Dom Capers: Had lot of respect for Chi run game. Howard one of the best stretch runners. Goal was to set the edge. Very pleased way Clay and Nick set the edge.

@TomSilverstein
Capers: We won first down probably highest we won this year. We had five tackles for loss. Created a lot of second and long situations. Won 11 of 15 third and fourth downs

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Seven missed tackles forced by Jamaal Williams, Edgar Bennett says.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Replying to @PackerReport
(I had six, for what it's worth)

@TomSilverstein
Edgar Bennett on Jamaal Williams: He was tough, physical. Finished moving forward. We had him with seven broken tackles. And did a good job with pass protection

WELL SOMEONE WAS MISSING SOMETHING ON TWO SACKS

@TomSilverstein
Zook on Vogel dropped snap: He's done an excellent job. He's had to move the ball around and spin it around. That's the one mistake he made and it's magnified.

@TomSilverstein
Zook on special teams penalties: Very concerned about it. My thing is foolish penalties. Look at context. We have to play hard and one of them was a foolish penalty. That was a young guy. Trying to play hard and trying to play fast.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
"That can't happen," Zook said of Davis' punt return from the end zone.

Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Davis lined up at the 12. The rule for not fielding the ball is at the 8. So Davis was given 4 yards to back up. He backed up for 13.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Baranczyk says it was old school run to setup the pass that helped Hundley put together good drives and a good game.

Anticipation throws not there yet.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/baranczyk/2017/11/13/analysis-packers-learning-ways-win-brett-hundley/859704001/

mraynrand
11-14-2017, 10:09 AM
run the ball, stop the run - have your QB make more plays than the other guy. Old school Packers-Bears.

QBME
11-15-2017, 06:56 PM

Just beginning to catch up....great stone cold guess evidently.