PDA

View Full Version : Official Ravens Week

pbmax
11-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
Former #Packers long snapper Brett Goode in Green Bay today. Likely he'll be signed if he checks out physically.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Also a reminder that one of my favorite Packer wins was against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens in 2001, 31-23.

Elvin Grbac was their new QB and this was widely seen as shoring up the only major weakness the Ravens had. Randall Cunningham was on that team too.

Freeman had a TD and nine catches in his "find hole in zone" career era. Bubba Franks had 3 targets, 2 catches and 2 TDs in his block, fall down, standup, catch TD pass stage of his career. I am not kidding, that was the play call, and it was the most effective red zone play call for about 4 years.

Ahmad Green had the most effective 20 carry, 54 yard performance ever. Favre had a passer rating of 137 against one of the best Ds in the League. The Packers consistently passed on their base defense and ran when the Ravens put their pass rushers in the game for the fat boys, Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. That defense was loaded.

Fritz
11-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Also a reminder that one of my favorite Packer wins was against the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens in 2001, 31-23.

Elvin Grbac was their new QB and this was widely seen as shoring up the only major weakness the Ravens had. Randall Cunningham was on that team too.

Freeman had a TD and nine catches in his "find hole in zone" career era. Bubba Franks had 3 targets, 2 catches and 2 TDs in his block, fall down, standup, catch TD pass stage of his career. I am not kidding, that was the play call, and it was the most effective red zone play call for about 4 years.

Ahmad Green had the most effective 20 carry, 54 yard performance ever. Favre had a passer rating of 137 against one of the best Ds in the League. The Packers consistently passed on their base defense and ran when the Ravens put their pass rushers in the game for the fat boys, Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. That defense was loaded.

I think that was a signature win in the Mike Sherman era, correct?

I think it's funny to watch us as Packer fans overreact one way, then another. On Sunday morning we - myself included - were debating the merits of firing Capers, of tanking to get a better pick, of cleaning house altogether. By Monday morning, we were calculating the Packers' playoff chances - this year.

I am going to try to view this season through the lens of narrative - what will the story be this year, besides Rodgers's injury? I will be curious to see if and how Hundley develops as he plays more, which players step up, whether the defense can stop a decent passing game at all, and so on. Should be interesting, especially regarding Hundley's development and the development of the rest of this year's rookie crop.

I also think that the Damarious Randall story is interesting - he's actually playing pretty well these days.

If only they could rush the passer.

I don't expect much, but will follow with interest and, I hope, less frustration and anger than I felt after the Lions game.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 11:11 AM
There is some hope in the coverage. Randall, King and Jones all seem to be capable of playing zone.

If someone could teach House and then find a pass rusher ...

gbgary
11-14-2017, 11:25 AM
another dicey game that could go either way at any point. believe it or not the Packers have better o and d numbers than them although the numbers under Rodgers skew those ratings. their qb is better than ours so there's the 2 point favorite the ravens are.

Maxie the Taxi
11-14-2017, 11:54 AM

I think it's funny to watch us as Packer fans overreact one way, then another. On Sunday morning we - myself included - were debating the merits of firing Capers, of tanking to get a better pick, of cleaning house altogether. By Monday morning, we were calculating the Packers' playoff chances - this year.

I am going to try to view this season through the lens of narrative - what will the story be this year, besides Rodgers's injury? I will be curious to see if and how Hundley develops as he plays more, which players step up, whether the defense can stop a decent passing game at all, and so on. Should be interesting, especially regarding Hundley's development and the development of the rest of this year's rookie crop.

I also think that the Damarious Randall story is interesting - he's actually playing pretty well these days.

I don't expect much, but will follow with interest and, I hope, less frustration and anger than I felt after the Lions game.You're taking all the fun out of it! I will continue to judge this team on whether or not it wins the Super Bowl! grrrrrrrr :mad:

CaptainKickass
11-14-2017, 02:46 PM

Dearest pbmin

Ahman Green
Elvis Grbac

Sincerely,

~The Captain.

QBME
11-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Opening Vegas lines have Packers 2 - 2-1/2 point dogs.

pbmax
11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Dearest pbmin

Ahman Green
Elvis Grbac

Sincerely,

~The Captain.

:lol:

I have just got to turn off auto correct and live with the normal typos. Stunned it left Grbac spelled that way.

mraynrand
11-15-2017, 07:03 AM
Elvin Grbac

https://dorkforty.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/haldir.jpg

pbmax
11-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
@TomSilverstein
Mike McCarthy on Hundley hamstring injury: He'll be a full participant today.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
@RobDemovsky
Mike McCarthy said he's hopeful the Packers will have Ty Montgomery available this week after he reinjured his ribs on Sunday. "We'll see what today brings," McCarthy said. "We don't really have a set plan for what he's going to do today."

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account
@TomSilverstein
McCarthy on Hundley's finish: It's confidence all the way around. You have to have big plays. What he did at the end was huge.

@RobDemovsky
From yesterday ... Packers' long-snapper saga comes full circle with return of Brett Goode https://t.co/2ZyOC2rVrv

esoxx
11-15-2017, 02:26 PM
@RobDemovsky
From yesterday ... Packers' long-snapper saga comes full circle with return of Brett Goode https://t.co/2ZyOC2rVrv

That is Goode news.

pbmax
11-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood
#Packers on 53-man roster who did not practice Wednesday:
Aaron Jones (MCL)
Morgan Burnett (groin)
Bryan Bulaga (ACL)
Ty Montgomery (ribs)

MadScientist
11-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Ryan Wood‏ @ByRyanWood
#Packers on 53-man roster who did not practice Wednesday:
Aaron Jones (MCL)
Morgan Burnett (groin)
Bryan Bulaga (ACL)
Ty Montgomery (ribs)

Why is Builaga on the 53?

Fritz
11-15-2017, 03:12 PM
https://dorkforty.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/haldir.jpg

Now that you bring this up . . .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9IKMfGZAfYVctAUuDbeotO5u5oquFr Vnf9LWD5xzR-cdQfX_qhw

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdPY0OtYnA_khOTm71vTI7SgNga4oIp TurTqiO0vqiRsgYPU8XJA

pbmax
11-15-2017, 03:12 PM

The call from Belichick hasn't come in yet.

I am sure they are just waiting for them to either need the spot or confirm his surgery date.

denverYooper
11-15-2017, 03:31 PM
The call from Belichick hasn't come in yet.

I am sure they are just waiting for them to either need the spot or confirm his surgery date.

Any word on if Dr. McKenzie is pressuring him to play?

pbmax
11-15-2017, 04:22 PM

They are experimenting with a REALLY tight tape job.

mraynrand
11-15-2017, 04:27 PM

still in surgery:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iw35qlD5BT4/VgG5O0GNgcI/AAAAAAAAG5M/2UoPf7sw6xA/s1600/frankenstein6.jpg

Tony Oday
11-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately this feels like a Ravens "get right" game.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Health update: https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article/Aaron-Rodgers-Gets-Some-Work-in-at-Green-Bay-Practice-110541062

Rodgers gets some limited work during practice
Burnett had injured his hammy against Dallas, but his groin versus New Orleans
Monty re-injured his fractured ribs
They were all rehabbing
Bulaga is obviously going on IR

Quentin Dial is back practicing
Demetri Goodson is back, still on PUP

Kevin King was limited with a shoulder. Also limited were McCray, Brooks and Perry.

M3 thinks Monty has a chance but I think its obvious that injury needs more time or he will be in and out of the lineup all year.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 09:05 AM
I refuse to link to it but ol' Scoops McGinn is back on his hobby horse of slow, banger running backs being essential to Packer cold weather football.

He even used his term of endearment for Edgar Bennett, mudder.

hoosier
11-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Monty reinsured his fractured ribs

Nice to know he is thinking ahead.

hoosier
11-16-2017, 09:10 AM
I refuse to link to it but ol' Scoops McGinn is back on his hobby horse of slow, banger running backs being essential to Packer cold weather football.

He even used his term of endearment for Edgar Bennett, mudder.

Except Edgar wasn't a banger. He was slow and not especially quick, yes, but he didn't run people over the way Levens did. In fact, I think we can say without controversy that, of all the Packer running backs who have lacked every single elite RB trait, Bennett was by far the best.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Except Edgar wasn't a banger. He was slow and not especially quick, yes, but he didn't run people over the way Levens did. In fact, I think we can say without controversy that, of all the Packer running backs who have lacked every single elite RB trait, Bennett was by far the best.

As reliable as he was, Edgar never failed to get tripped up by a ankle or foot grab by the last possible would-be tackler.

Mainly I think Bob is remembering Edgar (I assume he is as I haven't read it but am relying on the use of the mudder description normally deployed for Bennett) having success versus the Bears in Chicago in the elements.

gbgary
11-16-2017, 10:53 AM

:-)

Pugger
11-16-2017, 10:53 AM

He will most likely go on IR once we can activate Spriggs.

Fritz
11-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Great post and accurate as well.

His greatest trait was that he was reliable. Until he got hurt.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 12:02 PM

son of a ...

Teamcheez1
11-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Is the Packer's plan to go through the rest of the season with just two TE's?

I know they can move people around based on formation, but it won't take much to be down to one TE the way this team has been going.

MadScientist
11-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Is the Packer's plan to go through the rest of the season with just two TE's?

I know they can move people around based on formation, but it won't take much to be down to one TE the way this team has been going.

Given the production, it already feels like they have only one TE.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Jason Wilde‏
@jasonjwilde
#Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers acknowledges that rookie CB Kevin King's injured shoulder 'has been an issue.' Kid has toughed it out, but it is a problem.

OK. How long has he had a shoulder issue?

pbmax
11-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Campen on Spriggs: Took another step in pads today. Taking a lot of reps. He'll be ready quickly.

SPRIGGS™!

gbgary
11-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Packer Report‏
@PackerReport
Campen on Spriggs: Took another step in pads today. Taking a lot of reps. He'll be ready quickly.

SPRIGGS™!

be ready...for what? sitting on the bench? at this point he's probably the #3 at LT.

Joemailman
11-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Gonna feel like a preseason game. Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon with the call.

http://506sports.com/2017/11-CBS-E.png

Joemailman
11-16-2017, 07:11 PM
As reliable as he was, Edgar never failed to get tripped up by a ankle or foot grab by the last possible would-be tackler.

Mainly I think Bob is remembering Edgar (I assume he is as I haven't read it but am relying on the use of the mudder description normally deployed for Bennett) having success versus the Bears in Chicago in the elements.

Or the 1996 (1997) playoff game against the 49ers. Bennett had a very good day, rushing for 2 TD's on a wet field.

Bossman641
11-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Justin McCray has been a godsend this year. Think id stick with him over spriggs

pbmax
11-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Or the 1996 (1997) playoff game against the 49ers. Bennett had a very good day, rushing for 2 TD's on a wet field.

Was that the mud bowl, with the subsequent resod of the middle of the field? Good fun.

pbmax
11-16-2017, 10:00 PM
I think Spriggs will be ahead of McCray at left tackle. McCray had his struggles there are well.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Why was everybody all cool with Monty playing with broken ribs?

mraynrand
11-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Was that the mud bowl, with the subsequent resod of the middle of the field? Good fun.

They resided the middle of the field for the divisional game with the 49ers then the league resodded the whole field for the NFCC game with Carolina. It was frozen solid anyway.

ThunderDan
11-17-2017, 07:05 AM
They resided the middle of the field for the divisional game with the 49ers then the league resodded the whole field for the NFCC game with Carolina. It was frozen solid anyway.

What shape was the field after they resided it?

Pugger
11-17-2017, 07:20 AM

With our present turf that has some synthetic fibers in there I don't see us having another mud bowl again. I heard they are going to put in a new field with those same fibers again this spring.

Pugger
11-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Why was everybody all cool with Monty playing with broken ribs?

I wasn't and Ty didn't play much until Jones went down.

pbmax
11-17-2017, 08:45 AM

It took three attempts to defeat my autocorrect from making that correction.

And then I gave my self a tense problem.

I think this is how I, Robot started.

ThunderDan
11-17-2017, 10:02 AM
With our present turf that has some synthetic fibers in there I don't see us having another mud bowl again. I heard they are going to put in a new field with those same fibers again this spring.

They rip out the turf after the last home game of the year. The put in a new field every year. Taking a stadium tour during the summer is fun because there is nothing in Lambeau Field but grass. No field goal posts, no painted lines, no players benches. Just a large lawn inside a stadium.

KYPack
11-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Jason Wilde‏
@jasonjwilde
#Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers acknowledges that rookie CB Kevin King's injured shoulder 'has been an issue.' Kid has toughed it out, but it is a problem.

OK. How long has he had a shoulder issue?

He left the field in the Saints game holding the shoulder. He went right back in, but then really winced on another tackle.

Bossman641
11-17-2017, 11:38 AM
I think Spriggs will be ahead of McCray at left tackle. McCray had his struggles there are well.

What about right tackle?

mraynrand
11-17-2017, 12:14 PM

I dunno, but the ABs resting on the resided felled through perfect passes.

mraynrand
11-17-2017, 12:14 PM
He left the field in the Saints game holding the shoulder. He went right back in, but then really winced on another tackle.

Well, NE could use another corner...

pbmax
11-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Someone on Wilde’s Twitter feed said he hurt this shoulder his senior year and hand to wear a brace.

mraynrand
11-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Someone on Wilde’s Twitter feed said he hurt this shoulder his senior year and hand to wear a brace.

he wore a hand brace for a shudder?

pbmax
11-17-2017, 01:42 PM
he wore a hand brace for a shudder?

Exacto

bobblehead
11-17-2017, 02:48 PM

I don't expect much, but will follow with interest and, I hope, less frustration and anger than I felt after the Lions game.

I'm still on the tank and fire Capers bandwagon. I am hoping TT pulls a sherman, but doesn't piss on himself. Hundly improves, we package him with our 1st at about 15 and move up to pick 7 and get a big time pass rusher.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Hundly improves, we package him with our 1st at about 15 and move up to pick 7 and get a big time pass rusher.

Whenever I see the word "package" I assume the trade proposal is gonna be a doozy. (I have no idea what Hundley's value could be.)

red
11-18-2017, 06:30 PM
first

i really hate the fucking throwback uniforms

too many different colors, and the pants look horrible with the blue and gold

second, i've ridden on the back of the baltimore d and special teams almost all year in FF. they're pretty damn good there

red
11-18-2017, 06:34 PM
They rip out the turf after the last home game of the year. The put in a new field every year. Taking a stadium tour during the summer is fun because there is nothing in Lambeau Field but grass. No field goal posts, no painted lines, no players benches. Just a large lawn inside a stadium.

and it look gorgeous

i had to have someone associated with the packers point out the fake blades of grass. even on my hands and knees with 2 people pointing at one i couldn't see it

red
11-18-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm still on the tank and fire Capers bandwagon. I am hoping TT pulls a sherman, but doesn't piss on himself. Hundly improves, we package him with our 1st at about 15 and move up to pick 7 and get a big time pass rusher.

i'm guessing we're gonna bring back a-rod, he's gonna win out, and we're still gonna miss the playoffs meaning we'll be picking in the 20's

and unless hundley improves A LOT, we aren't getting much for him. maybe a 3rd rounder if we're lucky

Joemailman
11-18-2017, 06:38 PM
first

second, i've ridden on the back of the baltimore d and special teams almost all year in FF. they're pretty damn good there

Baltimore has a really good pass defense and a really bad pass offense. Could make for an ugly game. Might as well wear the ugly uniforms.

pbmax
11-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Have no fear, SPRIGGS™ is here!

Packer Report @PackerReport
As expected: Bulaga to IR, Springs returns from IR and Kerridge promoted from PS to add to backfield and special teams.

pbmax
11-18-2017, 07:05 PM
What about right tackle?

McCray, still, I would imagine.

pbmax
11-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Only 2 TEs and now 2 FBs means a lot of inverse wishbone tomorrow boys and girls!

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Only 2 TEs and now 2 FBs means a lot of inverse wishbone tomorrow boys and girls!A couple years back I had a dog that died from that.

pbmax
11-19-2017, 07:41 AM
A couple years back I had a dog that died from that.

An inverted wishbone is even worse for them.

#turningoffautocorrecttoday

Fritz
11-19-2017, 08:31 AM
I thought, when I saw they'd promoted Kerridge, it was for special teams play, because now Williams and Mays will be running backs.

I figure it as strictly a special teams move.

Pugger
11-19-2017, 09:00 AM
first

FF? You post over there?

Pugger
11-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Baltimore has a really good pass defense and a really bad pass offense. Could make for an ugly game. Might as well wear the ugly uniforms.

They really suck at run defense so Williams and Mays could have big days today.