PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the game??

ND72
09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
I'll be there...my college roommates parents (did you catch all that?) has season tickets and always have some extra for me, it's good to know people. So if you see a big guy (6'5" 300) in a white Hawk jersey with his girlfriend wearing a green Hawk jersey, along with a bunch of other tall people (once again, did you catch all that?) :lol: that'll be me.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I need to get to know you, so you can score me tickets at face value.
:D

Tarlam!
09-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Wallbangers, you start these threads only to antagonise ME! I friggin' know ou do - will you please gimme a break!!!!!

oregonpackfan
09-08-2006, 04:24 PM
My sister, niece, nephew, and brother-in-law will also be there!

When my daughters were younger, the only way I could get them interested in watching the Packers game with me was to tell them about the games where their aunts and/or uncles were physically at the game. They didn't realized it was virtually impossible to pick out individual spectators from 60,000-70,000 in attendance--unless you were willing to be bare-chested in December weather!:)

OPF

CyclonePackFan
09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd commit a felony to be there....don't know what felony, but a crime nonetheless.

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 06:47 PM
ND, you will have a great time! Looking to be good football weather, too. Highs in the mid 60's, so not real hot, not real cold. Although this cold front just moved through like an hour ago...it's 57 outside and I'm freezing! Guess I'd better get used to it.

You guys would be amazed at the tickets you can find on game day that are for face value. I turned down a set of 4 today actually. A few emails were also going around at work of people selling their tickets. I know it doesn't help the out of towners, but if any of you can get here on short notice, I can hook you up.

gbpackfan
09-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll be there, as always.

Bretsky
09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm there as well with my wife and folks; hoping for a low scoring game and playcalling to keep the Bears off balance. That'll give us a shot.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I understand that da Bears won't be there. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 08:16 PM
GB, how many Packer games have you been to that you have the ability to turn down Packer tickets. I find that unimaginable. I keep on having dreams that Donald Driver comes to my house in a Hummer and gives me sideline passes to the game. Of course, I also have the dream that Noah Herron is trying to kill me. Unfortunatly, that dream will continue until Herron is out of Green Bay.

Please Ted, do it for the children.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
GB, how many Packer games have you been to that you have the ability to turn down Packer tickets. I find that unimaginable. I keep on having dreams that Donald Driver comes to my house in a Hummer and gives me sideline passes to the game. Of course, I also have the dream that Noah Herron is trying to kill me. Unfortunatly, that dream will continue until Herron is out of Green Bay.

and future Packer fans. . . "of course", BallHawk.

GO PACK GO !

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 08:41 PM

Good luck with the sideline passes! heck, even the local news stations can't be there with their cameras anymore. Lots of fuss over that.

Ballhawk, sometimes at the last minute, things come up where people can't attend the game for whatever reason, so I am one of the first that they call if I want the tickets or if I know someone who wants them. These are the people that don't scalp their tickets ahead of time and simply want what they paid for them or even slightly below, just so they aren't stuck with them.

If they happen to be their personal season tickets, which most of the time that is the case, I am very picky about who I recommend because as you know, if someone gets kicked out of the game, whoever those tickets belong to will cause that ticket holder to lose season ticket privledges. So, because you are a troublemaker, i probably wouldn't get any tickets for you. j/k :wink:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'd probably be arrested for finishing people's beers off, after the game. On second thought, does anybody at Lambeau NOT finish their beer beforer the leave?

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I'd probably be arrested for finishing people's beers off, after the game. On second thought, does anybody at Lambeau NOT finish their beer beforer the leave?

Regular sized plastic bottles of beer are $7. You're damn straight people finish their beers before they leave :wink:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Just curious, GB, about how many games at Lambeau have you attended?

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 09:17 PM
off hand, i'd say between 40-45 games at Lambeau. I've seen them play at Tampa about 8-10 times also.

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM
off hand, i'd say between 40-45 games at Lambeau. I've seen them play at Tampa about 8-10 times also.

:shock:

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 09:36 PM
ballhawk, I envy you more. I would rather live in Naples and have to settle with watching the games on TV! See, I grew up in FL - nothing beats the ocean and well.....Lake Michigan doesn't quite cut it!!!

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
ballhawk, I envy you more. I would rather live in Naples and have to settle with watching the games on TV! See, I grew up in FL - nothing beats the ocean and well.....Lake Michigan doesn't quite cut it!!!

Yeah, I got hypothermia from that lake.

I'll say this about Florida, it is a great place to visit and vacation at. To live, not so much. Hurricanes and humidity are huge problems. The beaches here are so-so, once you've been a while it's like, what else is new? Old people love it here, because they've got their friends, and their tennis game, and the cardio on the beach, and the dinner club, etc. My grandparents live here, and they love it. I would love to live in Whitefish Bay again. Small town, close to downtown Milwaukee, not too far from Green Bay and Madison. And also, Midwest people are much friendly than Florida people. Everybody here is coming and going, and going and coming, and always too soon. Wisconsin's winters are a bitch, but I would rough it out. I'm a diehard Brew Crew fan, and I would love to have the ability to go to Miller Park, on a regular basis. Unfortuantly, I'm stuck here. :cry:

P.S. Yes, I used that quote from Blazing Saddles on purpose. Goddamn I love that movie.

MJZiggy
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Ballhawk, you forgot palmetto bugs and fire ants...

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
our winters and the 6 months of no leaves on the trees....where everything is just brown is what I hate so much here. In the fall and summer though, there is no place that i'd rather be.

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Ballhawk, you forgot palmetto bugs and fire ants...

Palmetto's aren't that bad. Fire ants are a bitch, once I received 125 stings to my left leg. Got caught at the bottom of a pile playing football. Well the coaches always say "play with fire", so I did. Only I got the bad fire. Mosquitoes are horrible down here, and so are gnats and no-see-ums. Old people drive like asses here, too. Florida has some nice things, but the disadvantages outnumber the advantages.

Joemailman
09-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm there as well with my wife and folks; hoping for a low scoring game and playcalling to keep the Bears off balance. That'll give us a shot.

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace06/chick-copper-1.jpg

Hope you get frisked on the way in. I'm sure the wife won't mind. :D

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 10:02 PM
oh yes, the fire ants were the worst.

The no-see-ums never bothered me until we went to Sanibel Island 4 years ago. A couple days later I couldn't figure out what bit me....OMG those suckers itched like a BITCH for at least a week.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Palmetto bugs -- those damn glorified, flying cockroaches.

MJZiggy
09-08-2006, 10:34 PM
That would be them. HUGE damn glorified flying cockroaches.

BEARMAN
09-08-2006, 11:45 PM
You lucky SOB's. I'ld give a body part to get to go !

GO BEARS !

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM
You lucky SOB's. I'ld give a body part to get to go !

GO BEARS !

what is your best feature? :wink:

Brando19
09-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm going to the game!

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm going to the game!

Me too Brando; out of curiosity how long is your drive/where are you from ?

Should be a great time

Brando19
09-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm from southern West Virginia. It's about 13 hours from Green Bay. We're flying. It's my first time to Wisconsin and my first time flying. We're catching the flight around 5 today and arriving in Green Bay this evening (with a little lay over in Chicago). I can't wait.

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm from southern West Virginia. It's about 13 hours from Green Bay. We're flying. It's my first time to Wisconsin and my first time flying. We're catching the flight around 5 today and arriving in Green Bay this evening (with a little lay over in Chicago). I can't wait.

THAT IS AWESOME !

Do you have a couple spots picked out to check out tonight ? I know there are some GB experts in here that could tell you the fun places to go.

Brando19
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah I'd appreciate any input on places to visit. We're staying at the Quality Inn..I thought it was the Days Inn but I was wrong. I want to go to Brett Favre's Steakhouse and Monday morning before we leave, I want to take a tour of the Stadium/Hall of Fame. I heard it's a good tour, so I'm hoping. Also, does anyone know where I can find a big block of sharp cheddar cheese in Green Bay? I promised my girlfriend I'd bring her back some good ol' Green Bay cheese, so surely somewhere in the town sells it. Thanks guys.
Bretsky, where are you staying and what spots are you visiting? Where are your seats?

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Stadium View Bar is a cool spot to visit and is close to Lambeau. I'll email GBM, who is the resident expert on Green Bay and see if she can post some ideas on here.

Bretsky

chewy-bacca
09-09-2006, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I got hypothermia from that lake.

I'll say this about Florida, it is a great place to visit and vacation at. To live, not so much. Hurricanes and humidity are huge problems. The beaches here are so-so, once you've been a while it's like, what else is new? Old people love it here, because they've got their friends, and their tennis game, and the cardio on the beach, and the dinner club, etc. My grandparents live here, and they love it. I would love to live in Whitefish Bay again. Small town, close to downtown Milwaukee, not too far from Green Bay and Madison. And also, Midwest people are much friendly than Florida people. Everybody here is coming and going, and going and coming, and always too soon. Wisconsin's winters are a bitch, but I would rough it out. I'm a diehard Brew Crew fan, and I would love to have the ability to go to Miller Park, on a regular basis. Unfortuantly, I'm stuck here. :cry:

P.S. Yes, I used that quote from Blazing Saddles on purpose. Goddamn I love that movie.

I know what you mean.....I dont like it here in Fla. I would love some 60s right about now! Only 6 more weeks till we get 80s. :lol:

Bretsky
09-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah I'd appreciate any input on places to visit. We're staying at the Quality Inn..I thought it was the Days Inn but I was wrong. I want to go to Brett Favre's Steakhouse and Monday morning before we leave, I want to take a tour of the Stadium/Hall of Fame. I heard it's a good tour, so I'm hoping. Also, does anyone know where I can find a big block of sharp cheddar cheese in Green Bay? I promised my girlfriend I'd bring her back some good ol' Green Bay cheese, so surely somewhere in the town sells it. Thanks guys.
Bretsky, where are you staying and what spots are you visiting? Where are your seats?

Andruzzi's; I think that was the place everyone said to visit; how old are you ? I think I've given you two names of the better bars in town and I don't know if you are of age.

B

GBRulz
09-09-2006, 09:30 AM

The stadium tour is a good idea. They usually run every 60 minutes throughout the day. However, this weekend the tours will fill up fast so get registered right away.

For cheese? Any grocery store will do. Festival Foods on Mason St has a great selection of various cheeses, but any of our bigger ones will suffice.

One of the best places to visit is actually attached to your hotel. Glory Years Sports Bar. You'll find Lombardi's old office set up in there. Also within walking distance is a fun sports bar called Kittner's.

I'm not sure if you have tailgating plans or not, but they have a downtown pick-up service that will take you to Lambeau. Just started that this year. Ask you hotel for more info.

My fav sports bar around the stadium is Anduzzi's. The Bar and Stadium View are across the street. IMO Stadium view has vastly gone downhill in recent years, but the out of towners still love it.

Favre's Steakhouse? IMO overrated, but again....it's kind of a must for visitors. If you want a really good dinner, I suggest Texas Road House if you're craving steak. Margarita's (Lombardi Ave) for Mexican or Marty's Boston Crab (Lombardi Ave) for seafood.

Want Packer souveniers? Well, the Pro Shop does have some exclusive merchandise that you won't find anywhere else, but any dept store is going to get you alot of the same things at about half the cost. Go to Bay Park Square on Oneida St....Kohl's and ShopKo have excellent deals and a good selection of Packer garb.

feel free to PM with if I can help further. Most importantly....have fun tomorrow !!!!!

Brando19
09-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks so much guys! I'm 22 so I'll definitely check out some of the places you all told me to visit. And I'll call and try to schedule a tour for Monday sometime this evening or tomorrow. Again, thanks for the info guys, and everyone enjoy the game, in person, on television, or on the radio. GO PACKERS!!!!!

GBRulz
09-09-2006, 10:03 AM
maybe I should start up a tour business? How much would people pay to see where some of the players live? Including Favre?

heck, they do it for Wayne Newton in Vegas...why not here? :wink:

BallHawk
09-09-2006, 10:23 AM
maybe I should start up a tour business? How much would people pay to see where some of the players live? Including Favre?

heck, they do it for Wayne Newton in Vegas...why not here? :wink:

You could call it "EC Excursions."