PDA

View Full Version : A Thought on Montgomery's Future

The Shadow
11-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Just wondering : Jones & Williams (yes, I know it's early) look like NFL running backs. This week, it sure seems like we get to see Mays in action. What if all 3 turn out to be pretty good?
With Adams approaching free agency, would the Pack consider moving Montgomery back to receiver?

red
11-17-2017, 05:16 PM
have we already destroyed his development at WR?

he looked to have a decent future, then we made him spend the most important years of his development learning a new position

my question would be, IF we move him back, would he be as good as he was, or could have been

and williams didn't do shit in preseason, so its gonna take more then 1 decent game against a really shitty team to prove he's actually a RB

mraynrand
11-17-2017, 05:25 PM

he looked to have a decent future, then we made him spend the most important years of his development learning a new position

you mean like half a year and an offseason?

And who ever said he was going to be a back only?

It will be interesting to see how much time he spends and where. He's effective from multiple formations.

With the rib injury, I'm sure Belichick has his eye on him.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2017, 07:28 PM
His immediate future ought to be IR.

gbgary
11-17-2017, 07:48 PM
His immediate future ought to be IR.

nah. putting him on ir would end his season. they can only bring one guy back now and it'll probably be Rodgers. a couple more weeks and he should be fine. don't know what Adams status has to do with Montgomery. Adams will be resigned and be the #1 for the foreseeable unless they draft a phinom. Ty has one more year on his contract. i'm sure he'll do whatever they ask but rb is where i'm guessing he stay.

woodbuck27
11-17-2017, 09:04 PM
nah. putting him on ir would end his season. they can only bring one guy back now and it'll probably be Rodgers. a couple more weeks and he should be fine. don't know what Adams status has to do with Montgomery. Adams will be resigned and be the #1 for the foreseeable unless they draft a phinom. Ty has one more year on his contract. i'm sure he'll do whatever they ask but rb is where i'm guessing he stay.

Yes.

Teamcheez1
11-17-2017, 09:05 PM
He will be traded for a conditional 7th round pick next year.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2017, 11:08 PM
a couple more weeks and he should be fine.

if he reinjured the ribs, which seems likely, why would he be fine in a couple weeks?

Playing with broken ribs was risky. Reinjury is why.

That said, we don't really have xray eyes.

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2017, 12:46 AM
I doubt Montgomery is damaged long term, and he played a lot better as a RB than as a WR. No reason not to keep him and the other three next year, same as this year.

If Cobb or Adams goes, I'd rather see Janis FINALLY get a chance at WR - along with Allison and Purdue kid and the LSU kid that I can't remember the names of - we do still have them on the practice squad, don't we?

mraynrand
11-18-2017, 07:28 AM
That said, we don't really have xray eyes.

I do. It figures you were too cheap to send in the $1.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W1qSOYIUTYc/Ug6_gUDMZ3I/AAAAAAAABac/MsFfCbcELtw/s1600/X-Ray_Eyes_comicbook_ad.jpg

Pugger
11-18-2017, 08:06 AM

my question would be, IF we move him back, would he be as good as he was, or could have been

and williams didn't do shit in preseason, so its gonna take more then 1 decent game against a really shitty team to prove he's actually a RB

The Bears may be shitty but their defense isn't.

Pugger
11-18-2017, 08:08 AM
I doubt Montgomery is damaged long term, and he played a lot better as a RB than as a WR. No reason not to keep him and the other three next year, same as this year.

If Cobb or Adams goes, I'd rather see Janis FINALLY get a chance at WR - along with Allison and Purdue kid and the LSU kid that I can't remember the names of - we do still have them on the practice squad, don't we?

If Janis was going to be a decent WR he would have shown it by now. He is what he is = a special teams demon. And guys like him are valuable to have on your team.

pbmax
11-18-2017, 08:09 AM
I think he is going to be a fantastic 3rd down back who can also split out wide.

Say hello to the new Calvin Johnson.

The Shadow
11-18-2017, 12:33 PM
I do. It figures you were too cheap to send in the $1.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W1qSOYIUTYc/Ug6_gUDMZ3I/AAAAAAAABac/MsFfCbcELtw/s1600/X-Ray_Eyes_comicbook_ad.jpg

:-)

Harlan Huckleby
11-18-2017, 03:33 PM
I think he is going to be a fantastic 3rd down back who can also split out wide.

Say hello to the new Calvin Johnson.
PAcker references only, please. Edgar Bennett?

bobblehead
11-18-2017, 04:09 PM

You mean something like leading all RBs in the entire NFL in snaps through 5 weeks?

red
11-18-2017, 06:18 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

Harlan Huckleby
11-18-2017, 06:20 PM
WTFAYTA

pbmax
11-18-2017, 06:59 PM
PAcker references only, please. Edgar Bennett?

Basically Brandon Jackson. Maybe not the bell cow RB you want on all 3 downs, but versatile, can pass block, get open on a screen and catch the ball.

Harlan Huckleby
11-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Edgar became a pass receiving demon. Not sure about stats, but he very sure-handed. Plus the blitz picker upper.

As I recall, sort of, Brandon Jackson was excellent for one season. Maybe it was two.

He shined bright like diamonds in the sky. Then he was gone - disappeared in Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWA2pjMjpBs

red
11-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Edgar became a pass receiving demon. Not sure about stats, but he very sure-handed. Plus the blitz picker upper.

As I recall, sort of, Brandon Jackson was excellent for one season. Maybe it was two.

He shined bright like diamonds in the sky. Then he was gone - disappeared in Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWA2pjMjpBs

if you are going to make a reference to diamonds so you can post a video, please use a good, no great song

done by someone withactual talent and a forehead less then 4 feet tall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyLY8YDWzrQ

Harlan Huckleby
11-18-2017, 08:19 PM
Ha! I did think about that song, but decided to gay it up to piss off the fellas.

mraynrand
11-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Ha! I did think about that song, but decided to gay it up to piss off the fellas.

that's the way you roll

hoosier
11-18-2017, 10:04 PM
Brandon Jackson is now a coaching intern with the Packers. McCarthy said in training camp that he almost looks like he could still play. Hmmmm.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX3ZTRte6VI

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2017, 12:17 AM
Brandon Jackson is now a coaching intern with the Packers. McCarthy said in training camp that he almost looks like he could still play. Hmmmm.....

Same age as Adrian Peterson, 32. Give him a drug test and 3 cone drill.

bobblehead
11-19-2017, 09:58 AM
what the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry. You switched gears from Montgomery to Williams so with no warning or setup whatsoever and I thought you meant Monty when you said "so its gonna take more then 1 decent game against a really shitty team to prove he's actually a RB"