PDA

View Full Version : NO SHAME IN DRAFTING HUFF. WATCH THIS!

gbpackfan
04-16-2006, 04:52 AM
Thanks to Nick Collins for pointing out this site. V. Davis film was impressive, but I think Huff's is even better. Check this out. THIS GUY ROCKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97VS9_NpC60&search=michael%20huff

SeaLORD_0318
04-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Think this guy could be a real gamer. TT should try to slide down a couple of picks and grap him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/dpwells/Animations/Sports/Football/Green%20Bay%20Packers/weblogo.gif

RashanGary
04-17-2006, 02:37 AM
IMHO he didn't look nearly as impressive as Davis. He's a very good player but not much better than Nick Collins in my opinion.

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Just something I noticed when watching Huff in that video. Realizing Huff is labeled as more of a hitter, I still think it's important.

Watch Huff's tackling technique. Almost every time he hits someone he's grabbing shoulder pads and flying over the top. He doesn't hit low. That flying shoulderpad tackling will work in the NCAA, but a lot of guys at the next level will be too strong and will break that tackle. Granted, tackling technique is something that could be taught, but I'm sick and tired of watching our DB's miss tackles.

gbpackfan
04-17-2006, 06:27 AM
You are not going to find a better hitter at the CB position in this draft. Huff is the complete package.

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
You are not going to find a better hitter at the CB position in this draft. Huff is the complete package.

I recognize and admit that Huff's a good hitter, in fact, that's what he's touted for. However, it doesn't do any good if he hits a big WR at the LOS only to have the WR break his tackle and run for a touchdown. When's the last time we had a good tackler for a DB? Butler?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Take Huff at #5 if thats what it takes. The best case scenario is to make a trade with oakland involving Moss and Walker and switching picks between the team.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Huff is the best defensive player in the draft. Better than Williams and Hawk. With Huff, you get the complete defensive player, a guy who can blitz, cover and stop the run. Williams is just a DE. Hawk is just a LB.

Huff is the real deal. He will huff and he will puff and he will blow opposite offenses down. Draft Mike Huff, Thompson!

Pack0514
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
To bo completely honest, I hadnt really seen that much of Huff other than a few games so I was eager to watch this Highlight Video. Now there are a few things I must say.

1. This is a highlight video.... of course everything is going to look great.

2. I will say I was very impressed (in the video) with his ability to get to the ball carrier on running plays. He kept his shoulders square to the carrier and didnt get turned around. This is a good thing. However, his play in coverage is what I expected from a good college Defensive back who is projected to go in the first round... nothing more.

If we trade down to like 10-12, I think he would be a good pick..... however, 5 is too high IMHO.

RashanGary
04-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Huff is the same size/speed/agility combo as Nick Collins. I wouldn't draft a player with the 5th pick that we already grabbed with a second rounder.

Huff is a great player but there are players of bigger impact at that draft position.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Huff is the same size/speed/agility combo as Nick Collins. I wouldn't draft a player with the 5th pick that we already grabbed with a second rounder.

Huff is a great player but there are players of bigger impact at that draft position.

Huff is better then collins. Anybody see collins make plays last year? Collins is not a playmaker. Huff is. Huff is better.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Might i add, collins doesnt have the football intelligent Huff does.

billy_oliver880
04-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Huff is better then collins. Anybody see collins make plays last year? Collins is not a playmaker. Huff is. Huff is better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats funny.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Michael Huff, Green Bay Packers, 1st rd, 5th overall, 2006

:cool: