PDA

View Full Version : Najeh a Steeler

b bulldog
09-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Pittsburgh signed Najeh to a one year minimum salary contract today. Looks to be the big back in the Steelers O.

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
He could do well there. Now they've got the dynamic duo of feces.

Santurdio and Davenpoop.

oregonpackfan
09-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I am sure Davenport is delighted to be on a Super Bowl team.

OPF

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Perfect place for Da Poop. I wish him well.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Because they played last night, it's not a guaranteed contract - right?

Partial
09-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Because they played last night, it's not a guaranteed contract - right?

correct

b bulldog
09-08-2006, 05:44 PM
week to week basicly

Guiness
09-08-2006, 05:49 PM
that's right SC.

Pitt and Miami effectively had first shot at signing him to a non-guaranteed contract, due to their early game. Interesting, that - it hadn't occured to me before that there would be an advantage gained by playing that Thursday game.

Either of those teams could go after other vets realeased by teams near the end of TC, like Koren R. or Charles Rogers now, 2 days before other teams can sign them to the same team friendly contracts.

BTW looking through the cut list the other day, I see that Omar Jacobs was released by the Steelers - he was thought of quite highly around here, wasn't he?

SkinBasket
09-08-2006, 06:25 PM
BTW looking through the cut list the other day, I see that Omar Jacobs was released by the Steelers - he was thought of quite highly around here, wasn't he?

Shit. I'd take that grilled cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary on it at QB before putting Ingle in the game. Bring ol' Omar in.

Kiwon
09-08-2006, 06:27 PM
You know that Najeh has to be thrilled to have a chance to make it with the Super Bowl champs and run behind an established offensive line.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-08-2006, 06:40 PM
He'll give the steelers good depth at ruuning, good pick up for them. I still would have rather had him then Noah H., but o well.

gbpackfan
09-08-2006, 07:01 PM
The Steelers are a great place for him! That style of running fits him perfectly. It will be fun to watch him. My in-laws are from Pittsburg and they are huge Steeler fans. I have converted my wife into a die hard Packer fan (it may be because she has a crush on Brett :wink: ). However, our AFC team is the Steelers so this is cool. But let me make it clear, I bleed green and gold, I just route for the Steelers when I get a chance to see them play, except when they play the pack of course!

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Perfect place for Da Poop. I wish him well.

Man if he ever plays up to his potential. . .look out ala Dorsey Levens.

He could be a monster if he'd just stay healthy, and stop banging into people "unlike a pinball." :roll:

vince
09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
The jokes have started in earnest in Steelerland.

They are still funny though!

Steeler Board Thread on Davenport (http://mb29.scout.com/fsteelersfrm51.showMessage?topicID=6223.topic)

digitaldean
09-08-2006, 08:01 PM

Yup, but to get him the Pack would have to activate Jacobs to their active roster. But I don't think McCarthy wants to dump Ingle Martin.

KYPack
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM

Shit. I'd take that grilled cheese sandwich with the Virgin Mary on it at QB before putting Ingle in the game. Bring ol' Omar in.

Have you seem 'im, Skin?

He's a looong way away from NFL QB land.

Not like it's a big deal, but Martin or Jacobs would be a toss-up.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Jacobs looked pretty damn good in the Steelers final preseason game against Carolina. He went 13 of 19 for 179 yards--which is much better than anything Ingle showed in the preseason. I just don't see Ingle panning out, but I guess it's hard for a G.M. to give up on his guy right away. If both guys were street FAs, I have to believe Jacobs would be a Packer.

Guiness
09-08-2006, 10:43 PM
It's not clear if he's on the PS or not - the Steeler's site shows him on it. Nfl.com says he was released Sept 2, and QB Brian St. Pierre was signed.

*shrug*

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2006, 01:33 AM
It's not clear if he's on the PS or not - the Steeler's site shows him on it. Nfl.com says he was released Sept 2, and QB Brian St. Pierre was signed.

*shrug*

He is. They released him (which you have to do before putting somebody on the PS) and then signed him to the PS the next day.

Tarlam!
09-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Gotta love those Steelers fans! Thanks for the link Bulldog!

I am really pleased for Najeh...TT said he's be shocked if Najeh was unemployed for long.

Thanks for your services on our team Najeh, see ya at the big dance!

]{ilr]3
09-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I bet Davenport will have alot of success in Pittsburg. To bad it didnt happen here, but he has had nothing but troubles here with injury.

Deputy Nutz
09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
I thought it was a stretch to cut poopy pants considering our depth at running back, but the fact was, he really didn't regain any of the speed he lost after he broke his ankle. Davenport was able to run with some power, but his running style will never allow him to carry the ball more than 200 times in one season, he simply takes to many hit, instead of delivering the contact by lowering his pad level.

Najeh also pissed me off by not wanting to play fullback. That was stupid.

pbmax
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Talent that can't get on the field due to injury is just wasted. We can pine for what might have been, but the Steelers will find out what we already know.

He can't stay healthy, he doesn't make his own holes and he goes down easy. I also believe, although this is tough to tell by watching normal TV angles, that he doesn't read blocks well.

The Steeler O Line is good enough to give him room to get to the LBs, but he won't last. Let him soak up someone else's cap space.

Patler
09-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Backup running backs have their greatest value in the latter part of the season, when wear and tear of a long season gets to the starter. Davenport is usually gone by then.

His history of significant injuries goes back to college. He came to the Packers with questions about if he could even play as a rookie because of a foot injury. He may have a year now and then when he makes it through a season, but it isn't likely to happen regularly.

Rastak
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Backup running backs have their greatest value in the latter part of the season, when wear and tear of a long season gets to the starter. Davenport is usually gone by then.

His history of significant injuries goes back to college. He came to the Packers with questions about if he could even play as a rookie because of a foot injury. He may have a year now and then when he makes it through a season, but it isn't likely to happen regularly.

Parker looked solid Thursday, I think the mad pooper (no relation to Mad)
is a good addition.

Patler
09-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Parker looked solid Thursday, I think the mad pooper (no relation to Mad)
is a good addition.

I think so too, as long as they don't expect him to be Jerome Bettis. Davenport doesn't have that type of inside power. In the Packers old running style he was effective, just not very durable.