PDA

View Full Version : Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Ravens

Joemailman
11-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Studs

Davante Adams - 8 catches for 126 yards

Kyler Fackrell - 1 sack and 2 TFL

HHCD - INT to prevent a score

Defense - held in there despite no help from the offense.

Fans who stayed at Lambeau for the entire game

Duds

Hundley - 3 INT's, no pocket presence, nothing.

Mays - 3 carries, 2 fumbles

Fans who stayed at Lambeau for the entire game

Note: I feel there should be more duds, but Hundley was so bad, I think it's tough to grade the rest of the offense.

MadScientist
11-19-2017, 04:23 PM
Spriggs deserves a dud.

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Stubby was a dud just for staying with Hundley the entire game. When Hundley hurt his fingers in the 4th quarter, it was a perfect opportunity to sit him down and throw Callahan in there.

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2017, 04:40 PM
HHCD - INT to prevent a score

That push far out of bounds that drew flag was so stupid that HHCD gets a neutral grade. SDUD.

Harlan Huckleby
11-19-2017, 04:42 PM
Stubby was a dud just for staying with Hundley the entire game.

Ding ding ding. Is Callahan really worse than Hundley today? Why wouldn't you want to let Callahan shake the rust off?

I don't get the NFL thinking that benching a QB ruins his confidence. It's not elementary school.

red
11-19-2017, 04:57 PM
That push far out of bounds that drew flag was so stupid that HHCD gets a neutral grade. SDUD.

he screwed up somewhere else earlier in the game too

i don't know about the defense being on the studs list. yes it could have been much worse, but that ravens offense has been putrid all season. they are very very bad on offense. and they scored 23 against us

beveaux1
11-19-2017, 05:12 PM

i don't know about the defense being on the studs list. yes it could have been much worse, but that ravens offense has been putrid all season. they are very very bad on offense. and they scored 23 against us

The defense had no real chance to prevent points with the 5 turnovers we gave them and the starting field position on three of the turnovers. The Ravens may suck on offense, but our defense played pretty well.

red
11-19-2017, 05:13 PM
dickhead is now 3-7-1 as a head coach without a-rod saving his ass

getting close to a full season worth of games without a HOFer at QB, and he's no better then an average bears team

red
11-19-2017, 05:14 PM
The defense had no real chance to prevent points with the 5 turnovers we gave them and the starting field position on three of the turnovers. The Ravens may suck on offense, but our defense played pretty well.

now i remember, haha drops an int that went right through his hands inside the 5, ravens ended up scoring on the drive

Guiness
11-19-2017, 05:33 PM
now i remember, haha drops an int that went right through his hands inside the 5, ravens ended up scoring on the drive

Don't know that was a terribly catcheable ball, but between that and the unnecessary roughness, the INT is cancelled out.

Freak Out
11-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Were there any studs? Adams and Williams probably. I saw Perry and Fack make some plays. I tell you who the studs were...the guys on the other side. The game plan vs Hundley worked to perfection.

woodbuck27
11-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Stubby was a dud just for staying with Hundley the entire game. When Hundley hurt his fingers in the 4th quarter, it was a perfect opportunity to sit him down and throw Callahan in there.

MM had a game plan and he was going to stick with it.

His Team had an excellent week of Practise and the Packers were ready.

Mike McCarthy was in some new mild to serious form of SHOCK.

He absolutely had Dick All to lose going to Callahan. I really expected him to do that and demonstrate he wasn't 'a Sadist'.

Instead we saw he ws a Masochist.

denverYooper
11-19-2017, 05:45 PM
This thread should be named "Davante and Duds"

pbmax
11-19-2017, 05:47 PM

Short fields all day long hurt.

Teamcheez1
11-19-2017, 05:48 PM
When you lose 23-0 there have to be other Duds:

Clay Matthews - For flexing after finally getting a sack after beating a guard playing tackle for the first time, and then promptly hurting himself.

Packer TE's - Kendricks and Dickrod combine for 2 catches for 8 yards. TE's should be the savior for an inexperienced, back-up QB.

The Wildcat - MM hasn't called one successful play using this yet.

MM - We all knew the season would be pretty much down the drain once Rodgers got hurt, but MM has
somehow made the team worse than even I expected.

Hundley - I had to mention him again because he hasn't shown that he can be an average back-up QB after 4 weeks.

I wouldn't get too hyped up about the defense. I expect the Steelers to hang 30+ on us next week.

woodbuck27
11-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Plain and simple the Packers were beaten up by a better bottom level NFL Team.

MM was flat out ...outcoached.

Their Defense was flat out...better that the Packers 'D'.

With Brett Hundley the Packers 'O' had little chance. That man lacks confidence. That man has Happy Feet. That man seems to 'only' be when he does scramble ...scramble to his right and too often then throw the ball away. Why...he cannot see the field and options.

That man wasn't properly prepared to operate as an NFL QB that can run an offense. Brett Hundley isn't to blame . His Coaches are to blame.

The man only has so much ability based on his experience running the Packers NO. 1 Offense.

How much has that really been? I blame Mike McCarthy. Mike McCarthy has failed Brett Hundley.

woodbuck27
11-19-2017, 05:52 PM
This thread should be named "Davante and Duds"

That about sums it up. :-)

red
11-19-2017, 06:26 PM
When you lose 23-0 there have to be other Duds:

Clay Matthews - For flexing after finally getting a sack after beating a guard playing tackle for the first time, and then promptly hurting himself.

Packer TE's - Kendricks and Dickrod combine for 2 catches for 8 yards. TE's should be the savior for an inexperienced, back-up QB.

The Wildcat - MM hasn't called one successful play using this yet.

MM - We all knew the season would be pretty much down the drain once Rodgers got hurt, but MM has
somehow made the team worse than even I expected.

Hundley - I had to mention him again because he hasn't shown that he can be an average back-up QB after 4 weeks.

I wouldn't get too hyped up about the defense. I expect the Steelers to hang 30+ on us next week.

look at mr optimism

i think it could be way worse then that. they put up 40 to a titans team who is better then us

Pugger
11-19-2017, 06:31 PM

Agreed. Hell, we turned it over 3 times in the first half and the Ravens scored 2 lousy FGs. Even with these TOs had we had a competent QB we might have won that game.

Pugger
11-19-2017, 06:36 PM

This kind of talk makes me laugh. What makes some think Callahan would have been any better? I don't blame Stubby at all. Its hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hundley is his chicken but when he was drafted they thought they could mold him like they did with Flynn. It sucks it didn't work but c'est la vie.

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2017, 07:52 PM
This kind of talk makes me laugh. What makes some think Callahan would have been any better? I don't blame Stubby at all. Its hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hundley is his chicken but when he was drafted they thought they could mold him like they did with Flynn. It sucks it didn't work but c'est la vie.You said it yourself. What difference does it make? The season is tanked. Nobody knows how good Callahan is. He might be just as shit as Randy. We didn't know Randy was shit till we played him. So play Callahan and find out...or get somebody else. At least make the games less laughable.

denverYooper
11-19-2017, 08:23 PM
You said it yourself. What difference does it make? The season is tanked. Nobody knows how good Callahan is. He might be just as shit as Randy. We didn't know Randy was shit till we played him. So play Callahan and find out...or get somebody else. At least make the games less laughable.

Or let Hundley take his lumps and let him develop as a workable backup. It's not like they're looking for their QB of the future. M3 didn't do Hundley any favors today (apparently because he was afraid of their running game), but it didn't help that they lost 2 RTs and 2 RBs in the last few weeks.

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Or let Hundley take his lumps and let him develop as a workable backup. It's not like they're looking for their QB of the future. M3 didn't do Hundley any favors today (apparently because he was afraid of their running game), but it didn't help that they lost 2 RTs and 2 RBs in the last few weeks.The idea of spending my Sunday afternoons watching developmental football doesn't appeal to me. That game today was just not interesting or entertaining. For the first time in a long time I won't be eagerly awaiting next Sunday's game.

denverYooper
11-19-2017, 08:32 PM
The idea of spending my Sunday afternoons watching developmental football doesn't appeal to me. That game today was just not interesting or entertaining. For the first time in a long time I won't be eagerly awaiting next Sunday's game.

The best case scenario for Callahan would be developmental football.

Guiness
11-19-2017, 08:39 PM
You said it yourself. What difference does it make? The season is tanked. Nobody knows how good Callahan is. He might be just as shit as Randy. We didn't know Randy was shit till we played him. So play Callahan and find out...or get somebody else. At least make the games less laughable.

This.

The only reason to stick with Hundley is if you think there's something there, and his play can improve. I didn't see a sign of that. If you think what's out there is what you've got, move on.

Maxie the Taxi
11-19-2017, 08:40 PM
The best case scenario for Callahan would be developmental football.Yup, but I figure there might be more fireworks, more action just because of Callahan's personality and that he's got nothing to lose. It's all about entertainment to me. The Packers are fielding a very, very inferior product. ...Maybe I'll watch soccer. Is bowling still on TV?:-)

esoxx
11-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Yup, but I figure there might be more fireworks, more action just because of Callahan's personality and that he's got nothing to lose. It's all about entertainment to me. The Packers are fielding a very, very inferior product. ...Maybe I'll watch soccer. Is bowling still on TV?:-)

Plus he probably doesn't chew gum while quarterbacking.

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2017, 08:26 AM
The idea of spending my Sunday afternoons watching developmental football doesn't appeal to me. That game today was just not interesting or entertaining. For the first time in a long time I won't be eagerly awaiting next Sunday's game.

This is where I'm getting to as well. I didn't watch on Sunday as the Vikes were on at the same time, and it's not shown here except in a bar (and no Sunday Ticket, I cut the cord years ago). I'm getting to the point where I can't justify the time and money expense of watching the rest of this season in a bar. I'll watch the Pitts and MN games as those will be on regular TV, but the other 4, likely not.

Fosco33
11-20-2017, 08:50 AM
If Clay hurt his groin after that sack celebration. It's just full of irony. Sack/groin. Or because he hasn't stretched his celebration muscles in a long time.

I really hope we dump Dom and give him one more year.

Tony Oday
11-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Lowry had a solid game. Brett played himself out of a job this week.

ND72
11-21-2017, 06:41 AM
Sorry this is late, but I have to add 1 stud to the list, and they didn't even realize it. I didn't have time to take a picture of this, but I'm adding the De Pere Theatre to the stud list.

The theatre plays packer games in the theatre for every game, actually always pulls in nice crowds. Their sign outside though looked like this (as best I can write it):

12:00-3:30
GB vs BAL
DESPICABLE
ME 3 7:00

I laughed.

mraynrand
11-21-2017, 07:30 AM
^^^ That's pretty funny.

Reminds me of the sign at a Tomah bar: "7-9AM: Third Shift Happy Hour."

Harlan Huckleby
11-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Lowry had a solid game. Brett played himself out of a job this week.

He did.

I was noticing that since he bulked-up he is kind of an ugly body guy. Lets just say he doesn't look like JJ Watt or Julius Peppers. Maybe JJ Peppers, a really big high school player.

Don't tell him I said any of this.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Yup, but I figure there might be more fireworks, more action just because of Callahan's personality and that he's got nothing to lose. It's all about entertainment to me. The Packers are fielding a very, very inferior product. ...Maybe I'll watch soccer. Is bowling still on TV?:-)

If anyone in Packer Nation felt anything but embarrassment for the name and Franchise Green Bay Packers; that person has drifted off to La La Land. :whaa:

That performance by Green Bay placed a whole new emphasis on the word 'ridiculous'.

Watching Mike McCarthy on the sidelines has actually now become like watching 'a Comedy Act' like 'The Three Stooges'.

http://listverse.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/10-3-stooges.jpg

I'm not sure which one he resembles most so I'm going with a hybrid of all three:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/photo.php?sku=400303