PDA

View Full Version : Official Steelers Week

pbmax
11-23-2017, 10:07 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

Beautiful #Thanksgiving morning for an early #Packers practice. Not taking part: A.Jones (knee), Matthews (groin), Patrick (hand), Linsley (unknown), Montgomery (ribs), Clark (ankle). Linsley is new to the list.

Tony Oday
11-23-2017, 01:42 PM
If we lose by 21 it's a moral victory.

Teamcheez1
11-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Falling asleep during the 4th quarter will help ease the pain. That and several legal beverages.

denverYooper
11-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Falling asleep during the 4th quarter will help ease the pain. That and several legal beverages.

Are you saying you're not going to break out the Purple Drank?

mraynrand
11-23-2017, 06:11 PM
I see the expectations for this game are amazingly low. I'm residing there as well. Anything better than a total ass-kicking will be welcome, but I envision a 50+ total for the Steelers and maybe 10-20 for the Packers. Over before the half to be sure. I'm deliberately setting my threshold very low so I can't be disappointed. May just record the thing and only watch if the final is remotely close.

And to think I was gonna go to this one.

denverYooper
11-23-2017, 06:20 PM
I see the expectations for this game are amazingly low. I'm residing there as well. Anything better than a total ass-kicking will be welcome, but I envision a 50+ total for the Steelers and maybe 10-20 for the Packers. Over before the half to be sure. I'm deliberately setting my threshold very low so I can't be disappointed. May just record the thing and only watch if the final is remotely close.

And to think I was gonna go to this one.

There's always the possibility Bad Ben could show up and help keep it close.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 11:38 AM
If we lose by 21 it's a moral victory.

The Packers are 14 Point Road Dogs.

SNF and a National Audience. A whole lot of NFL Fans may be turning the channel early.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 11:44 AM
I want to see QB Brett Hundley and NOT a whole lot of his Happy Feet.

Mike McCarthy has to set up the quick plays on offense. A whole lot of Simple Read plays. He needs to call plays that best protect the ball. Brett Hundley is getting Sacked a lot (an average of about 4 per game) and losing 30 Yards a game.

He doesn't have talent at QB now. Really how much 'and talent' does he have?

This is the TEST for a REAL Head Coach. His NO. 20 Power Ranked Packers Vs THe NO. 4 Ranked Pittsburgh Steelers.

pbmax
11-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Writers say prevailing thinking is that Burnett, King and Linsley will play. (Burnett and Linsley said this in interviews)

Clark and Monty are likely out. Matthews is a game time decision.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPbTowdXcAAkMG3.jpg:large

gbgary
11-24-2017, 09:26 PM
if you thought last week was bad...

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2017, 12:53 PM
I say again, the problem is primarily the O Line. Hundley has been far from perfect, but he's been about as good as could be expected with the horrible pass rush/lame-assed O Line/receivers who were good as long as Aaron Rodgers was the one throwing to them/RBs who need to run with very few holes opened by the line. Hundley is getting a large dose of what Aaron Rodgers had to overcome - and usually did.

There's a slim chance we could beat Pittsburgh, but it will only happen if the damn O Line suddenly plays way better than it seems like they are capable of playing.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-26-2017, 12:56 PM
I say again, the problem is primarily the O Line. Hundley has been far from perfect, but he's been about as good as could be expected with the horrible pass rush/lame-assed O Line/receivers who were good as long as Aaron Rodgers was the one throwing to them/RBs who need to run with very few holes opened by the line. Hundley is getting a large dose of what Aaron Rodgers had to overcome - and usually did.

There's a slim chance we could beat Pittsburgh, but it will only happen if the damn O Line suddenly plays way better than it seems like they are capable of playing.

Ain't gonna happen...

I just find it extremely difficult to generate any interest in the games this year since Rodgers went down. I think it was the realization that we were fukked for the season. I almost find myself hoping we lose out? Weird huh...

channtheman
11-26-2017, 03:03 PM
This one turned out to be a real bust for NBC. I'm surprised they didn't flex another game - any other game - to tonight instead. I wouldn't watch tonight if I wasn't a Packer or Steeler fan, and I imagine most people feel the same way.

woodbuck27
11-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Ain't gonna happen...

I just find it extremely difficult to generate any interest in the games this year since Rodgers went down. I think it was the realization that we were fukked for the season. I almost find myself hoping we lose out? Weird huh...

NO ... Realistic.

pbmax
11-26-2017, 03:09 PM
This one turned out to be a real bust for NBC. I'm surprised they didn't flex another game - any other game - to tonight instead. I wouldn't watch tonight if I wasn't a Packer or Steeler fan, and I imagine most people feel the same way.

Its a week of horrible matchups and FOX and CBS protected the better games. No choice.

Plus GB and Steelers aren't a bad draw considering.

woodbuck27
11-26-2017, 03:09 PM

Here's how it might easily look (In case your a Packer Cool Aid Drinker!? The Black Dude is Pittsburgh):

https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/1179395/155260985/stock-photo-two-man-black-and-white-bodybuilder-and-a-slim-guy-comparing-themselves-heavy-dumbbell-versus-155260985.jpg

Bretsky
11-26-2017, 05:38 PM
The problem is WAY bigger than the OL

It's taking our QB too long to go though his reads...and he' not recognizing defenses as well as most QB's do

I think I was mocked for suggesting I'd be fine with Keenum as our backup QB many many weeks ago. That turned out to be a correct statement.

red
11-26-2017, 06:46 PM
The problem is WAY bigger than the OL

It's taking our QB too long to go though his reads...and he' not recognizing defenses as well as most QB's do

I think I was mocked for suggesting I'd be fine with Keenum as our backup QB many many weeks ago. That turned out to be a correct statement.

a-rod has the exact same problem, so its the system

denverYooper
11-26-2017, 07:03 PM
It doesn't help the QB or the OL that once an RB puts together a decent game or 2, he gets injured. I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams gain 75 yards in the first half and then get injured on the first carry of the second.

pbmax
11-26-2017, 07:19 PM
a-rod has the exact same problem, so its the system

With Rodgers it IS the offense. Hundley is supposed to be making progressive reads.