PDA

View Full Version : Mark Murphy is as useless as a hind TIT

Vincenzo
11-24-2017, 12:29 AM
I my mind he's now 11 years employed as President of the team and hasn't done a single thing, he must have the best job on the Planet!

In terms of decision making power this is the guy that could clean house at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

Could this be the season that he finally shows his worth and makes sweeping changes?

mraynrand
11-24-2017, 01:08 AM
are you asking him to fire himself?

pbmax
11-24-2017, 09:24 AM
"I have had it with my inaction!"

"Time for a reckoning!"

"Let's form a committee to determine how we might go about improving our processes to achieve maximum results!"

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2017, 09:55 AM
I think the expression is useless as tits on a bull ...... he needs to fire that piece of crap Ted Thompson.

Pugger
11-24-2017, 09:56 AM
I my mind he's now 11 years employed as President of the team and hasn't done a single thing, he must have the best job on the Planet!

In terms of decision making power this is the guy that could clean house at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

Could this be the season that he finally shows his worth and makes sweeping changes?

Why? The only change needed this offseason is DC and that is up to McCarthy. I hope the only thing Murphy does is endorse this action.

gbgary
11-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Why? The only change needed this offseason is DC and that is up to McCarthy. I hope the only thing Murphy does is endorse this action.

TT needs to go too. his ultra conservative style has held the team back.

denverYooper
11-24-2017, 10:25 AM
lol

mraynrand
11-24-2017, 10:35 AM
My tell for football illiteracy is the denigration of TT.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 11:11 AM

Here is what needs to go:

Ted Thompson and his Scouting Department (Brain Dead comes to mind) Mike 'The Bullshit Artist' McCarthy and his Coaching Staff that includes Dom 'What' Capers.

Will that happen?

Of course not because of uselessness at the TOP and Green Bay Packers President Mark Murphy.

They better not play games with Aaron Rodgers. If I was Aaron Rodgers I'd shake their Pear Tree.

Are you aware that Aaron Rodgers isn't on the List of the Top 100 Paid Pro Athletes that includes approximately 15 NFL Players? Are you aware that LBER Nick Perry is on that list at NO.82.Think about that?

Take the way that TT and MM mull over everything and the fact Aaron Rodgers can say Bye Bye after this Season and are you not in the least bit concerned?

If I'm Aaron Rodgers I want to be paid in accordance with my Star Power and frankly I know I'm worth more than Andrew Luck at NO. 6 on that TOP 100 List and at $50 Million$ in 2017.

I'm worth more than Drew Brees at NO. 11 and $45.3 M$.

I'm worth more than Fletcher Cox at NO.27 and $ 33.4 M$

I'm worth more than Eric Berry at NO. 34 and $ 31.1 M$.

I'm Aaron Rodgers and I'm not putting up with and Ted Thompson and his silly ass stall and too conservative approach to what I certainly desire and another Super Bowl Ring.

I'm Aaron Rodgers and I'm sick and tired of covering the ASS of HC Mike McCarthy and every other Coach and that includes DC Dom Capers. It's the same Ole same Ole and pay me as what I deserve or to be paid as the NO. 1 Highest Paid NFL Player; or get rid of all the Riff Raff Ho Hum wanna be BRASS in Green Bay and a real shot at a Super Bowl or BYE BYE Green Bay Packers.

It's got now to way past 'really stupid and Green Bay Packer small 'b' brass' and ALL ABOUT Aaron Rodgers as the FOCUS of attention.

It's a choice between Business (and me or Aaron Rodgers and He is the BEST NFL Player) and a real opportunity of a full on support and a Super Bowl.

For all that makes any REAL sense PLEASE Think.

denverYooper
11-24-2017, 02:29 PM
They should hire Elway, stock his liquor cabinet, and let the firings begin.

mraynrand
11-24-2017, 02:39 PM

lol.

Elway walks into a bar. Bartender says “why the long face?”

ThunderDan
11-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Rants like the one above make realize how uninformed fans really are.

ARod is making 21.1 million this year. 5th highest amount qbs which tells you how could of a deal gb gave him to still be so highly compensated 5 years later.

Of course people don’t remember him getting 30+ million up front when he signed and 50+ million of the 110 guaranteed. They just say he counts 13 million against the cap and Perry makes more because Perry was just signed with his signing bonus.

woodbuck27
11-24-2017, 02:57 PM

ARod is making 21.1 million this year. 5th highest amount qbs which tells you how could of a deal gb gave him to still be so highly compensated 5 years later.

Of course people don’t remember him getting 30+ million up front when he signed and 50+ million of the 110 guaranteed. They just say he counts 13 million against the cap and Perry makes more because Perry was just signed with his signing bonus.

Eat this 'know it all'. Your familiar with Forbes ...Right !

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/

mraynrand
11-24-2017, 03:23 PM

I saw Luck, Brees, Newton, and Manning on that list. What's your point? I assume you have none.

ThunderDan
11-24-2017, 05:26 PM

What in my post is not true? And what does a list of all professional sports have to do with NFL contracts?

pbmax
11-24-2017, 05:55 PM
My tell for football illiteracy is the denigration of TT.

You'll lose that smug sense of satisfaction when Thompson's creation loses to the Browns Mr. Rand!

Its the only result that matters.

pbmax
11-24-2017, 05:56 PM

Someone joked (was it here or Twitter? Don't remember) that soon the masthead at Bronco HQ will look like this:

Owner: Elway
GM: Elway
Head Scout: Elway
Coach: Elway
QB: Elway

RashanGary
11-24-2017, 06:01 PM
R-E-L-A-X

relax

Bretsky
11-24-2017, 10:26 PM
I"m not sure what to do with TT
I suggested Melvanizing him last year and making ELIOTT the GM and TT a consultant

But after listening to guys covering the Pack I'm even more convinced MM won't ever make a change there

We are losing Dom; he'll be the goat. But our defense hasn't really underperformed this year given the lack of talent

mraynrand
11-24-2017, 11:24 PM
You'll lose that smug sense of satisfaction when Thompson's creation loses to the Browns Mr. Rand!

Its the only result that matters.

I told you I've prepared a grocery bag with eyeholes for just such a contingency.

Pugger
11-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Someone joked (was it here or Twitter? Don't remember) that soon the masthead at Bronco HQ will look like this:

Owner: Elway
GM: Elway
Head Scout: Elway
Coach: Elway
QB: Elway

Why are the Broncos 3-7? Because they have no QB. Even with that vaunted defense they look terrible. All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. Hell, there are 10 teams in the league that don't even have a decent starter. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.

ThunderDan
11-25-2017, 07:55 AM

I do have something wrong in the post. ARod costs 21 million against the cap he is only receiving 13 million in cash this year.

mraynrand
11-25-2017, 08:29 AM
Why are the Broncos 3-7? Because they have no QB. Even with that vaunted defense they look terrible. All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. Hell, there are 10 teams in the league that don't even have a decent starter. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.

You know if you have a starting caliber back-up QB, because he's starting for another team.

Patler
11-25-2017, 09:31 AM
I think the expression is useless as tits on a bull ......

Yup, this packer fan:
:cow:
is offended by the title to this thread.

gbgary
11-25-2017, 11:02 AM
All this talk of cleaning out management didn't start until we lost our QB and his backup isn't up to snuff. We can blame Ted for our backup situation but getting a competent backup QB is a luxury in this league. If we fix our defense this offseason 2018 is going to be a lot of fun and all of this will be a distant memory.

calling for TT ouster started two or three years ago. fixing the D has been the focus of the last 3 or 4 drafts and look what you've got. the saints fixed their horrible D in one year. TT has let talent go in the name of salary cap (that doesn't get used). failed to add impact players in FA. kept a roster full of struggling young players because they're "his guys." cheap at the expense quality. that's his motto.

pbmax
11-25-2017, 11:17 AM
calling for TT ouster started two or three years ago. fixing the D has been the focus of the last 3 or 4 drafts and look what you've got. the saints fixed their horrible D in one year. TT has let talent go in the name of salary cap (that doesn't get used). failed to add impact players in FA. kept a roster full of struggling young players because they're "his guys." cheap at the expense quality. that's his motto.

The Saints have been trying to fix their horrible D since Gregg Williams last year, don't kid yourself that this was a one year fix. Just like Seattle and San Fran, they accumulated a bunch of top of round talent and have finally made it pay off.

red
11-25-2017, 12:19 PM
i brought this up a few weeks back

if we had a real owner, changes would have been made a long time ago

instead we have a guy who was handed the job, who like the others involved are more then happy to sit back and let a-rod take us to the playoffs every year

don't rock the boat

pbmax
11-25-2017, 02:31 PM

instead we have a guy who was handed the job, who like the others involved are more then happy to sit back and let a-rod take us to the playoffs every year

don't rock the boat

Most real owners are idiots when it comes to hiring GMs and coaches. Look at the 49ers, Titans, Jacksonville, Chicago, Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Redskins, Browns and Broncos.

The patient ones, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Patriots get actual returns on their investments. Jerry's best teams in Dallas have come because he listened to others about the draft and kept one head coach and kept his meddling to below normal.

Unlike QB, there are 32 qualified candidates for NFL coaching gigs. The first questions are always what kid of front office do they have and what kind of talent on the field. The most important question is whether or not the team is patient while the coach improves and learns.

Pugger
11-25-2017, 02:33 PM
If we had a single owner he'd be meddling in there firing the staff every few years when we lose in the NFCC game and then we'll be right back to the 70s and 80s when the BOD was running the team right into the ground.

Rutnstrut
11-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Even when Rodgers is back it doesn't change the fact that HE makes stubby a decent coach. I have always maintained on here that the Packers win despite stubby, not because of him. Maybe it's not totally him that is useless. Perhaps TT holds him back. Ted's shitty player selection certainly does stubby no favors.

Vincenzo
11-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Even when Rodgers is back it doesn't change the fact that HE makes stubby a decent coach. I have always maintained on here that the Packers win despite stubby, not because of him. Maybe it's not totally him that is useless. Perhaps TT holds him back. Ted's shitty player selection certainly does stubby no favors.
Favre also made MM look better than he is. Put it this way, as sure as God made little apples, McCarthy's record as a Coach is way-way over inflated because of both Favre and Rodgers.

If you watch what MM says at halftime while being interviewed it has been the same thing for years now. He says, "we have to execute and run the ball more."
Aflack

Vincenzo
11-25-2017, 07:14 PM
I think the expression is useless as tits on a bull ...... he needs to fire that piece of crap Ted Thompson.
Lol man, you get what I mean. "Useless as a hind tit" is what I know and might even work better.

Vincenzo
11-25-2017, 07:21 PM

don't rock the boat
Don't rock the boat might be the way you live your life.

Status quo, don't cause trouble, complain, disagree, disturb the balance, upset the apple cart, object, don't make waves.....

Rutnstrut
11-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Favre also made MM look better than he is. Put it this way, as sure as God made little apples, McCarthy's record as a Coach is way-way over inflated because of both Favre and Rodgers.

If you watch what MM says at halftime while being interviewed it has been the same thing for years now. He says, "we have to execute and run the ball more."
Aflack

Dilly, dilly.

ThunderDan
11-26-2017, 08:31 AM
So should we say the same about Holmgren and Sherman riding BF’s coattails?

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2017, 08:37 AM

Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.

Patler
11-26-2017, 09:22 AM

Yes, maybe not quite as much as Thompson and McCarthy with AR, but certainly some. Also, it took some initiative to go out and get Favre. Rodgers just kinda fell into Ted's lap.

Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.

Pugger
11-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Neither Holmgren nor Sherman went out and got Favre. Wolf did that.
I have always thought the argument that Rodgers "fell into(Thompson's) lap" is....well....idiotic.

Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?

Maxie the Taxi
11-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Lol man, you get what I mean. "Useless as a hind tit" is what I know and might even work better.On my uncle's dairy farm it was "hind tit." Down here on the Redneck Riviera they say "Useless as tits on a boar hog."

texaspackerbacker
11-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Really. How many other GMs would have had the stones to take a QB in the 1st round in their first draft as GM when they already had the Ironman FARVE?

Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".

pbmax
11-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Its almost as if having a HoF caliber QB makes any coach smarter and better. I wonder why that is?

http://d2trtkcohkrm90.cloudfront.net/images/emoji/apple/ios-10/256/thinking-face.png

pbmax
11-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Rodgers was a toss-up to be #1 overall, and he fell to #21. Favre was what? 36 I think?

It was a slam dunk obvious decision - too obvious even for Ted to blow it. And hell yeah, that is "falling into his lap".

Right. Whatever you say Captain Hindsight. Which is why 23 other teams passed on him. Good reasoning.

:tup:

woodbuck27
11-26-2017, 11:57 AM

https://previews.123rf.com/images/petrkurgan/petrkurgan1009/petrkurgan100900092/7853284-A-man-with-a-hammer-and-nail-Renovation-Stock-Photo.jpg

You ' nailed Ted Thompson'.

mraynrand
11-26-2017, 12:23 PM
TT got the two decisions correct that you have to: The coach and the QB. Judging by accomplishments - record and Championships, he's easily in the top 2-5 of NFL GMs over the past ten years. I notice that the people who dislike him and want him out almost completely overlap with the most emotional tantrum throwers on gameday (and all other days for that matter).

pbmax
11-26-2017, 12:27 PM
TT got the two decisions correct that you have to: The coach and the QB. Judging by accomplishments - record and Championships, he's easily in the top 2-5 of NFL GMs over the past ten years. I notice that the people who dislike him and want him out almost completely overlap with the most emotional tantrum throwers on gameday (and all other days for that matter).

And confuse molly bolts for nails.

Rutnstrut
11-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Irregardless of whether you like TT or stubby. The title of the thread is pointing out how worthless Mark Murphy is. There is more of an argument for this than against. What exactly does Murphy do? Pretty much nothing.

mraynrand
11-26-2017, 02:06 PM
It’s just another way to complain about TT. “Murphy is awful because he won’t fire TT”. Boring.

Patler
11-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Irregardless of whether you like TT or stubby. The title of the thread is pointing out how worthless Mark Murphy is. There is more of an argument for this than against. What exactly does Murphy do? Pretty much nothing.

Actually, unless things have changed dramatically since I grew up on a dairy farm, the title to this thread actually points out the irrational analysis and confusion that fans put into evaluations of front office personnel.

Hind tits on a cow in my days on the farm were anything but worthless. In fact, the hind tits generally produced considerably more milk than the front tits. So carrying that analogy to the value of Murphy, he is considerably more valuable than others.

Now, that being said, there is a disparaging saying about "sucking hind tit", which relates to the natural impact of cows (and other four legged animals) doing what they do, including (particularly cows) dropping tremendous loads of frequently soft crap from about 4 foot elevations, along with giant cascading waterfalls of urine, often at the same time. These mixtures generally bounce and splash off their legs if the are walking and coat their tails and the back portion of their udders more so than the front portions. In addition to the hind tits being more encumbered by the legs of the animal, "sucking hind tit" is generally less desirable than sucking front tit; but that relates to the feeding order of those sucking tits and does not refer to the values of the tits themselves.

woodbuck27
11-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Actually, unless things have changed dramatically since I grew up on a dairy farm, the title to this thread actually points out the irrational analysis and confusion that fans put into evaluations of front office personnel.

Hind tits on a cow in my days on the farm were anything but worthless. In fact, the hind tits generally produced considerably more milk than the front tits. So carrying that analogy to the value of Murphy, he is considerably more valuable than others.

Now, that being said, there is a disparaging saying about "sucking hind tit", which relates to the natural impact of cows (and other four legged animals) doing what they do, including (particularly cows) dropping tremendous loads of frequently soft crap from about 4 foot elevations, along with giant cascading waterfalls of urine, often at the same time. These mixtures generally bounce and splash off their legs if the are walking and coat their tails and the back portion of their udders more so than the front portions. In addition to the hind tits being more encumbered by the legs of the animal, "sucking hind tit" is generally less desirable than sucking front tit; but that relates to the feeding order of those sucking tits and does not refer to the values of the tits themselves.

Thanks Patler for that informed Dissertation on Tits and Farming.

I was also raised part time early in my life and on both of my Grandparents Farms and your analysis is certainly accurate. :clap:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/asian-man-laptop-colorful-light-bulb-businessman-sitting-armchair-near-blackboard-sketch-drawn-above-his-head-concept-76451566.jpg

Rastak
11-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Clearly Patler knows a ton about tits showing he's absolutely not a one trick pony, only knowing football. Well done!

woodbuck27
11-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Clearly Patler knows a ton about tits showing he's absolutely not a one trick pony, only knowing football. Well done!

Patler:

Up on TITS !

http://www.strangehistory.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/udder.jpg

QBME
11-27-2017, 05:12 PM

Incredibly well explained. Also, props for not going after "irregardless".

Pugger
11-27-2017, 06:51 PM

Murphy oversees the business end of the corperation, runs committee meetings and represents the team at league meetings. The only "football" decision Murphy would make is hiring and firing the GM. I doubt TT will be fired. I'm guessing they all know he is retiring after the 2018 season anyway.

King Friday
11-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Have I stumbled onto the Farmer's Almanac... anyone know what the weather is going to be on Aug 18, 2018?

mraynrand
11-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Have I stumbled onto the Farmer's Almanac... anyone know what the weather is going to be on Aug 18, 2018?

warm as a cows' tit

Maxie the Taxi
11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
If we're going to get technical, it's "teat."

mraynrand
11-27-2017, 09:36 PM
If we're going to get technical, it's "teat."

teat, Focker?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bXNwzKo5Yps/maxresdefault.jpg

alquaal
11-28-2017, 07:53 AM
On my uncle's dairy farm it was "hind tit." Down here on the Redneck Riviera they say "Useless as tits on a boar hog."
Sucking hind tit = last in line
Tits on a nun = useless

pbmax
01-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Putting it on record that Murphy did a poor job for the Packers in searching for a new GM and extending the current coach's contract.

New GM has a five year deal and he is going to waste a year on a coach who should arguably be tossed. I did not like M3 inserting himself into this process. Murphy should have told him to pound sand, but they are clearly worried about Rodgers signing another deal. This reeks of Shermanism.

Compromises like this is how franchises go wrong. And Murphy should have acted to prevent it. If the only NFL talent in front office you know is what says hi to you at the water cooler every day, you are not doing your job.

Gutekunst might have been the best candidate out of the internal guys, but that doesn't make him the best candidate they could have gotten.

If the three internal guys would have pouted and gone elsewhere, so be it. I am also a little worried that the three old candidates didn't so much as ask to be included. I wonder if they are worried about M3 or Murphy? Or has the shine worn off the franchise?

Boo.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 03:57 PM
Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
Was twelve years ago this week in Green Bay when we interviewed Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton and Ron Rivera for our HC position. Quite a group. #CARvsNO

Finally something almost new from Andrew.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Putting it on record that Murphy did a poor job for the Packers in searching for a new GM and extending the current coach's contract.

New GM has a five year deal and he is going to waste a year on a coach who should arguably be tossed. I did not like M3 inserting himself into this process. Murphy should have told him to pound sand, but they are clearly worried about Rodgers signing another deal. This reeks of Shermanism.

Compromises like this is how franchises go wrong. And Murphy should have acted to prevent it. If the only NFL talent in front office you know is what says hi to you at the water cooler every day, you are not doing your job.

Gutekunst might have been the best candidate out of the internal guys, but that doesn't make him the best candidate they could have gotten.

If the three internal guys would have pouted and gone elsewhere, so be it. I am also a little worried that the three old candidates didn't so much as ask to be included. I wonder if they are worried about M3 or Murphy? Or has the shine worn off the franchise?

Boo.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAmTAAAAJDI4YzBmZjEyLWQ1M2YtNGJhNy1hZj RhLWI0MzVkMzQ0MzU1Mw.jpg

Repped

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Boo.

Are you referring to Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey? If so, they have jobs. How often does a GM from one team ask to be allowed to be interviewed by another team? Not sure why you see the hiring of Gute as a compromise. Sounds like he could have had the 49ers job last year, and might have had the Texans job this year. What qualifications as a GM is he missing?

pbmax
01-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Are you referring to Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey? If so, they have jobs. How often does a GM from one team ask to be allowed to be interviewed by another team? Not sure why you see the hiring of Gute as a compromise. Sounds like he could have had the 49ers job last year, and might have had the Texans job this year. What qualifications as a GM is he missing?

He is not, but the Packers GM is not an inside linebacker job. Hiring the best existing GM is a choice that does not carry the same risks as player FA. So the vets who have jobs (there is an inside chance that Murphy and Ted knew they were going in this direction during the season) could have been notified by back channel to let each know that interviews were forthcoming, giving you an outside shot of Dorsey.

McKenzie said no and the Packers did not push the issue about Schneider. So they promoted the best guy from within who was possibly being chased by the Texans.

Contrast that to hiring Ted. Harlan got one of the top guys from another organization that had Packer roots. Schneider, Dorsey an McKenzie all took guys with them that had Packer backgrounds. Even if the former big three weren't biting, one of their lieutenants might have been nice to interview. Could have interviewed DeCosta and have not seem to have done so. In fact, other than assuming they interviewed Whaley for Rooney Rule compliance, not sure anyone from outside got an interview.

And they went into this having extended an expiring contract on the coach. Leaving no room for input from the new guy. New guy probably does the same thing, giving him a year to evaluate the coaches and think about a replacement should it be necessary. But as it stands during interviews, Packers brass interfered with that process.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 05:21 PM

That isn't what I interpret pbmax as informing us.

I believe pbmax has less of a problem with Mark Murphy's choice of a GM than he does have (as I have); with all the Rumors, and people like Mike McCarthy (possibly meddling) in the PROCESS of assigning the new Packer GM.

If 'in fact' MM did that!?

All that speculation aside:

I know someone needed to be appointed Packer GM, ASAP. Why !?

For as it was going; to handcuff MM adding any more embarrassment to Packer Nation, and his 'Run Away Train Hatchet Run'.

Mike McCarthy, is 'out of control'

M3's a too obvious, back stabbing, two faced bullshit artist. You never turn you back on anyone like Mike McCarthy.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Short version of complaint: The process by which Murphy selected a new GM looked haphazard and incomplete. Either its incompetence or it was predetermined that an inside guy gets the job. Regardless, the Packers deserve to be served better than this by their CEO.

If M3 was involved in a significant way, it was worse than I have summarized above.

esoxx
01-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Short version of complaint: The process by which Murphy selected a new GM looked haphazard and incomplete. Either its incompetence or it was predetermined that an inside guy gets the job. Regardless, the Packers deserve to be served better than this by their CEO.

If M3 was involved in a significant way, it was worse than I have summarized above.

I will say this (and I'm down with the Kunst promotion), I about fell out of my chair when I first heard that M3 was sitting in on GM interviews. That makes no sense whatsoever and makes me think Murphy is in over his head on some of this.

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 06:17 PM

While I do agree with you 100%, I"m elated we didn't hire a cappie guy

Wolf was kinda TT's top assistant personnel wise so good odds he bolts soon. But if Gooter was better I can live with that.

I put a poll up a few days ago; hardly anybody thought MM (except Woody I think) was bad. At worst he's still a very solid play caller. If Murphy believes MM is a great coach I don't think giving him input is bad.

Many in ESPN 1070 feels there is a rift between MM and Rodgers. But Rodgers favorite guy ever is reportedly Philbin and we just brought back in. Lots of stuff going on there.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 07:18 PM
While I do agree with you 100%, I"m elated we didn't hire a cappie guy

Wolf was kinda TT's top assistant personnel wise so good odds he bolts soon. But if Gooter was better I can live with that.

I put a poll up a few days ago; hardly anybody thought MM (except Woody I think) was bad. At worst he's still a very solid play caller. If Murphy believes MM is a great coach I don't think giving him input is bad.

Many in ESPN 1070 feels there is a rift between MM and Rodgers. But Rodgers favorite guy ever is reportedly Philbin and we just brought back in. Lots of stuff going on there.

I'll stand 110% behind my analysis and Mike McCarthy.

He's the Achilles Heal and the Now Green Bay Packers.

The sooner The Green Bay Packers can his ass the BEST REAL CHANCE we have, and winning a Super Bowl.

Till he's gone I'll very likely Pray to the Packer God's that M3 is Dismissed.

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Boo.

Maybe Murphy was mostly happy with how the front office runs and wants that consistency. Maybe it was time for some aged out guys to move on. Maybe they actually have a lot of respect for Stubby as coach, but see the need for improvement. I don't see the Shermanism at all. I don't see an organization that isn't working either. I see an organization that is largely competent, but 1) has natural need to move forward 2) respects the competence of organization and head coach. I find it difficult to believe that an organization that's been pilfered the way the Packers have been is in some kind of disarray. 3) I could be wrong.

bobblehead
01-07-2018, 08:00 PM

Boo.

Like this post overall. The entire process looked desperate and chaotic. Capers had to go. Nothing else was wrong with this franchise. Why would you can everyone BUT MM. His meltdown in Seattle cost us a second superbowl birth. He has had the best QB ever to work with, but refuses to run screens or even run the ball consistently.

If I had to choose TT or MM to go, MM is gone in a minute. His coaching tree is a flag pole whereas TT's GM tree is a fricking cedar. I think this ends badly, but I love being wrong sometimes. Maybe Spriggs turns into an all pro....who knows.

SMBASS
01-07-2018, 08:08 PM

Boo.

I'm not so sure if I think much of MM being involved in the GM interviews either. Obviously the Head Coach and GM need to have a good working relationship and be on the same page regarding the team they are trying to build but I think Stubby needs to worry more about putting the players he does have in a position to succeed. That also includes having the right Coordinators and Assistant Coaches who can get the most out of what they have to work with. We've been lacking in talent in some areas but I don't necessarily think our coaches have always done the best job of utilizing the talent we do have to the best of their abilities either.

Stubby needs to start being more flexible in his approach to working with the talent he has and also stop being so loyal to underachievers on his staff. If it was up to me, he'd actually be skating on thin ice and have some things to prove after the way this past season played out. This almost makes it look like he had nothing at all to do with the cluster**** of a season we just finished watching and that he wasn't part of the problem. Once again, this is just my opinion and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems as though MM is unjustifiably wearing an extra thick coat of Teflon right now.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Like this post overall. The entire process looked desperate and chaotic. Capers had to go. Nothing else was wrong with this franchise. Why would you can everyone BUT MM. His meltdown in Seattle cost us a second superbowl birth. He has had the best QB ever to work with, but refuses to run screens or even run the ball consistently.

If I had to choose TT or MM to go, MM is gone in a minute. His coaching tree is a flag pole whereas TT's GM tree is a fricking cedar. I think this ends badly, but I love being wrong sometimes. Maybe Spriggs turns into an all pro....who knows.

If TT's GM tree is a cedar, what is the problem with Gute? He would seem to be another branch much like Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey. Isn't it possible that Murphy gives the benefit of the doubt to a guy with a scouting background who has been promoted by TT, given TT's track record in this area?

As for MM, I think the pressure is on him. If after a year, Gute wants to can him, I don't think Murphy would prevent it.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 08:25 PM

It was clearly a 'cart before the horse' mess of a Process and demonstrated PANIC and Paranoia on behalf of Mike McCarthy and any possible influence on Mark Murphy is beyond senseless stupidity.

Mike McCarthy:

That backstabbing bullshit artist shouldn't be allowed to FIRE Good Men before it's time and no GM nor OC and DC aboard.

How many Packer Coaches did M3 through under the bus? His Coaching dismissals made little sense base on performance. He let good men go (again) without even attaining the OC and DC, as of this Sunday Evening. Why?

I thought that TT looked like he had a health issue. I believe he wanted out of the GM's chair based on too much evidence he was already or quickly burning out. He played Pro Football as a LBer and we are now aware of the effect of the brutality of the sport and long term health.

I'm disappointed, after all that was so evident (and M3's behaviour) since the end of the Regular Schedule that he should be terminated; that Mike McCarthy escaped getting dismissed.

He's Mike ' Houdini ' McCarthy. The only 'hatchet man' that might remain more Famous...Jason.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/the-many-adventures-of-minecraft-rogers/images/e/ed/Jason_voorhees.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170513182735

hoosier
01-07-2018, 08:54 PM
I will say this (and I'm down with the Kunst promotion), I about fell out of my chair when I first heard that M3 was sitting in on GM interviews. That makes no sense whatsoever and makes me think Murphy is in over his head on some of this.

Sitting in on the interviews doesn't mean that he has decision-making power in the hire. It could easily mean that Murphy values MM's opinion and would take his views into consideration when making the decision. In fact I would be surprised if a sitting head coach were not part of the interview process. Who would be in a better position than the current HC to ask and respond to questions about the GM's personnel philosophy?

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 10:13 PM

What is Green Bay's overall record since he arrived. I don't think he's great but it's about as silly to point out MM is worthless as it is to try to argue MM is not a good playcaller

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 10:14 PM
Sitting in on the interviews doesn't mean that he has decision-making power in the hire. It could easily mean that Murphy values MM's opinion and would take his views into consideration when making the decision. In fact I would be surprised if a sitting head coach were not part of the interview process. Who would be in a better position than the current HC to ask and respond to questions about the GM's personnel philosophy?

:idea:

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=woodbuck27;961812]It was clearly a 'cart before the horse' mess of a Process and demonstrated PANIC and Paranoia on behalf of Mike McCarthy and any possible influence on Mark Murphy is beyond senseless stupidity.

Mike McCarthy:

That backstabbing bullshit artist shouldn't be allowed to FIRE Good Men before it's time and no GM nor OC and DC aboard.

How many Packer Coaches did M3 through under the bus? His Coaching dismissals made little sense base on performance. He let good men go (again) without even attaining the OC and DC, as of this Sunday Evening. Why?

I have no idea what you are even talking about here. Who exactly did MM fire with no basis ? Dom Capers ? It's a head coaches job to analyze his staff and make changes as needed

DO YOU DENY the common perception that pretty much Everybody has that Mike Mccarthy has been way too loyal to coaches ? Special teams coaches ??? Defensive Coordinators

Do you deny that when MM tried to give up playcalling to his OC and it was a failure and when he took it back it pretty much saved our offense ?

And if Murphy let MM in the interviews, he Obviously valued his view.

IF you want to take shots at somebody for that it should be Murphy

pbmax
01-07-2018, 11:09 PM

I am not certain its been established that he did. It was a single sourced report that I saw.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Maybe Murphy was mostly happy with how the front office runs and wants that consistency. Maybe it was time for some aged out guys to move on. Maybe they actually have a lot of respect for Stubby as coach, but see the need for improvement. I don't see the Shermanism at all. I don't see an organization that isn't working either. I see an organization that is largely competent, but 1) has natural need to move forward 2) respects the competence of organization and head coach. I find it difficult to believe that an organization that's been pilfered the way the Packers have been is in some kind of disarray. 3) I could be wrong.

He could have preferred staying internal. And I cannot produce any evidence that Gutekunst will be incompetent.

But there is no excuse to pick the brains of some smart people. Maybe he gets blown away by one he doesn't expect. Thinking you know the answer in advance is a dangerous mindset.

Even if Gute gets interviewed in Houston, he was one of several and they had time.

Shermanism in the way they extended a coach who has some flaws, and I am not convinced they are going to get fixed given he is the most senior person, without consulting their new GM. Especially so if McCarthy's PC pushed Murphy into avoiding a candidate he preferred due to differences in their background. Mike3 has enough on his plate, he doesn't need to play kingmaker.

pbmax
01-08-2018, 10:05 AM
OK, seriously, last post just blasting everyone. Occasionally red has an observation*, and its so obvious you doubt the simple explanation for it because you have learned that things tend to be more complex than they appear from a superficial glance from a distance. Also because red is usually angry about it when he posts :lol:

But sometimes, like Lacy regaining the weight he lost right before camp, it becomes inescapable.

I believe Ted had suffered some decline after that surgery a few years back. Reading the tea leaves, it looks like he had either a longer than anticipated recovery or perhaps a set back or two, because he was out of contact for an extended period of time, long enough that people started to ask questions of the Packers. This message board is populated by folks who know from medical procedures, and occasionally surgery or other medical event takes a LOT out of you. I don't think this is conspiracy mongering, its just one possible explanation.

So the Packers may have had no choice but to let Ted go from a health and age perspective. They are not going to discuss this publicly. If true, it makes sense for Ted (if he has declined) and the team (Ted is a scout and if he's not scouting, his strengths are no longer brought to bear as much as GM).

But however the team adjusted during the intervening time from surgery to now, they seemed to regain their footing as people think Ted's last two drafts have been among his best. You could concoct a theory that Wolf the Younger (promoted), Gutekunst (promoted) and Ball (involved in some capacity by Ted) somehow helped Ted right the ship. The only specific thing I have seen is that Ball, literally everywhere, is being reported as working closely with Ted all the time and is viewed now as more of a protege than the other 5 guys who are or will be GMs from his staff (Schneider, Dorsey, Mckenzie, Wolf, Gute). The moaning about Ball following Ted's path on FA makes me think there must be something that connects the two besides job titles.

pbmax
01-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Was it Ball that helped Ted resuscitate the draft board assembly and draft day decision making that seemed to fail the team for a while? Maybe. It could also be the vagaries of the draft itself. Ron Wolf may have said you need three starters each year from the draft, but Ron didn't hit that target each year either. There is also the question of analytics; Ted hired people to get up to speed and no one has heard from them again. Maybe Ball is running that squad, or maybe they left after one year. No one knows.

But we do know one thing: the person probably most favored to replace Ted was Schneider. Here is his highlighted accomplishments in Seattle from a Wilde article:

Since Schneider and Carroll took over in Seattle, the Seahawks made six playoff appearances total (5 in a terminated streak), won Super Bowl XLVIII after the 2013 season and lost Super Bowl XLIX after beating the Packers in that 2014 NFC title game. 2 NFC Conference championship games.

The guy getting replaced? Here is how his record looks:

Packers made 9 playoff appearances (8 in a row, now ended), won one Super Bowl, hit the NFC Championship game 4 times.

The rest of the NFL can tell us the Packers will be lucky to match, much less exceed Ted with Brian, John or anyone else. Even Ron Wolf.

*red may not have been the first to notice Ted looking wan and wilted after his surgery, but he has mentioned it frequently since. Apologies to posters and reporters who made note of it first

pbmax
01-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Here is the formal paperwork on the end of an era:

Gutekunst becomes 10th person to hold title of general manager for Packers

The Green Bay Packers have named Brian Gutekunst general manager and Russ Ball executive vice president/director of football operations. The promotions were announced Monday by President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Murphy.

“We could not be more excited to elevate Brian to the position of general manager,” said Murphy. “He has earned this opportunity throughout his 19 years with the Packers, proving to not only be a skilled talent evaluator, but a trusted and collaborative leader. His time under the direction of former Packers general managers Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson will undoubtedly serve him well as we work toward our next Super Bowl championship. I am confident that he is the man that will help get us there.”

“First, I’d like to thank my mentor, Ted Thompson, for his friendship, and I am happy that we will continue to have the chance to work together,” Gutekunst said. “I want to thank Ron Wolf for giving me my first opportunity with the Packers, and of course Mark Murphy for the faith and trust he has placed in me moving forward. And finally, I must thank my wife, Jen, and our children for their constant sacrifice and unwavering support despite all of the time I have spent on the road and away from home. I look forward to getting to work with the rest of our talented personnel department and using every avenue available to build the Packers into a championship team again.”

Gutekunst (GOO-tuh-kunst), the 10th person to hold the title of general manager for the Packers, will have complete control over all roster decisions, including the NFL draft and free agency, while leading Green Bay’s scouting department. Ball will continue to manage the Packers’ salary cap and serve as the chief contract negotiator while continuing to oversee several areas in football operations.

“Since joining the Packers in 2008, Russ has proven to be invaluable,” said Murphy. “His salary-cap management and negotiating abilities are well known, but he has also provided tremendous leadership throughout football operations and served as a valuable liaison between the football and business sides of the organization. His diverse skills will remain important to our success moving forward, and I look forward to working with him even more closely in his new role.”

Additionally, Murphy announced a change in the Packers’ organizational structure as Gutekunst, Ball and Head Coach Mike McCarthy will all report directly to Murphy.

“The process of identifying our next general manager gave us the opportunity to analyze our entire football operation,” said Murphy. “While we have enjoyed a lot of success, we need to improve. With that in mind, the head coach, general manager and executive vice president/director of football operations will report to me moving forward. While I understand this is a departure from the Packers’ current structure, it will serve to increase the breadth and frequency of communication and collaboration. Ultimately, it will make the Packers better.”

Gutekunst, who is entering his 20th season with the organization, has spent the past two seasons as the director of player personnel after serving as the director of college scouting for four years. He previously worked 11 seasons as a college scout in the Southeast region. Prior to that, Gutekunst served as a scout for the East Coast region from 1999-2000. Before joining the Packers full-time, he was a scouting assistant for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1998, a scouting intern for Green Bay in the summer of 1997 and assisted the New Orleans Saints’ coaching staff in training camp in 1995.

Gutekunst played football for two years at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and served as an assistant coach during his final two years at the school (1995-96) after a shoulder injury cut short his playing career. In 1995, he coached the linebackers as the Eagles finished 14-0 and won the Division III national championship.

Ball enters his 30th season in the NFL and 11th season in Green Bay. Since joining the Packers in 2008, he has worked in the role of the vice president of football administration/player finance. Prior to coming to Green Bay, Ball spent six seasons (2002-07) with the New Orleans Saints, serving as senior football administrator for four seasons and as vice president of football administration for the final two years. In 2001, he was the director of football administration for the Washington Redskins. From 1999-2000, Ball served as senior football administrator for the Minnesota Vikings. He began working in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, where he spent 10 seasons (1989-98), the final two in football operations as administrative assistant to then-head coach Marty Schottenheimer. He began his career with the Chiefs as an assistant strength and conditioning coach.

A 1981 graduate of Central Missouri State, Ball was a four-year letterman at center for the Mules. He served as head strength and conditioning coach at the University of Missouri from 1982-89 and earned his master’s degree from Missouri in 1990.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-name-Brian-Gutekunst-GM-promote-Russ-Ball/a01f5c83-530e-4d23-b689-420e2fad7fe8#ixzz53cXrDKnM

mraynrand
01-08-2018, 03:02 PM
All that speculation aside:

I know someone needed to be appointed Packer GM, ASAP. Why !?

For as it was going; to handcuff MM adding any more embarrassment to Packer Nation, and his 'Run Away Train Hatchet Run'.

Mike McCarthy, is 'out of control'

M3's a too obvious, back stabbing, two faced bullshit artist. You never turn you back on anyone like Mike McCarthy.

Gotta love Woody throwing aside speculation to get to his unvarnished, indisputable opinion-as-fact. You go, girl!

gbgary
01-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Murphy ignited a lot of twitter talk about how everyone reports to him now. not so much about Gute but MM. someone asked what MM's talks would be about and he answered "game plans, asst coaches," etc. the thought of MM discussing game plans with him threw up red flags with all the covering media. Nagler thought it harkens back to Starrs regime and having to report such things to the board. i don't MM would ever agree to that. i blew off the remark to Murphy not being an accomplished speaker and just panicking lol.
what does the rat nest think?

pbmax
01-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Murphy ignited a lot of twitter talk about how everyone reports to him now. not so much about Gute but MM. someone asked what MM's talks would be about and he answered "game plans, asst coaches," etc. the thought of MM discussing game plans with him threw up red flags with all the covering media. Nagler thought it harkens back to Starrs regime and having to report such things to the board. i don't MM would ever agree to that. i blew off the remark to Murphy not being an accomplished speaker and just panicking lol.
what does the rats next think?

I think it shows he has no idea what the head coach might talk to his superior about.

And to me the means he has not thought about it, but agreed to it to assuage McCathy's concerns about not having input on personnel. Its a half assed plan he is not ready to implement. My baseline assumption is that the communication issues Murphy heard were:

1. Doesn't respond to coaches looking for veteran help
2. Doesn't listen to pro personnel about FA suggestions

Pugger
01-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Gotta love Woody throwing aside speculation to get to his unvarnished, indisputable opinion-as-fact. You go, girl!

Woody is a girl??? :?:

woodbuck27
01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Deleted for REASON.

woodbuck27
01-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Deleted for REASON.

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 12:19 AM
https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01/mark-murphy-mangles-momentous-moment/

MARK MURPHY MANGLES MOMENTOUS MOMENT

01/03/2018

gbgary
01-09-2018, 12:49 PM
interesting article/opinion. (above)

are red flags being readied to be pulled from their sheaths?

Fritz
01-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Woody is a girl??? :?:

C'mon, Pug. Woody is the self-proclaimed manliest man in the entire north woods. He's a lumberjack of a man, a brawling, axe-slamming meat of a man.

If you don't believe me, just ask Mae.

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Quote: Originally Posted by Pugger

Woody is a girl???

C'mon, Pug. Woody is the self-proclaimed manliest man in the entire north woods. He's a lumberjack of a man, a brawling, axe-slamming meat of a man.

If you don't believe me, just ask Mae.

Fritz: I'm the self-proclaimed BEST Texas Holdem Player on Packerrats.

Contending for my Title hahaha ThunderDan.

Focusing on Pugger's question:

At my age I'm possibly more of a Girl than Pugger. :???:

Touche. :duel:

mraynrand
01-09-2018, 02:37 PM
interesting article/opinion. (above)

are red flags being readied to be pulled from their sheaths?

Only relatively few reactive red flags revealing redoubts over rapprochement reboot.

mraynrand
01-09-2018, 02:40 PM

The only thing girly about Woodbark is his hair-on-fire hysteria and his love of curlers. He's really the crunchiest of crunching Canadiens.