Key Week 13 Games

Minnesota at Atlanta
Detroit at Baltimore
Carolina at NewOrleans
Los Angeles at Arizona
Philadelphia at Seattle

mraynrand
11-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Pretty much need to win out and have either NO or ATL tank hard. Seattle needs to lose 2. unlikely.

Joemailman
11-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Pretty much need to win out and have either NO or ATL tank hard. Seattle needs to lose 2. unlikely.

Seattle plays Philadelphia, @ JAX, Rams and @ Dallas (with Elliott). With a depleted secondary, they could lose 2. Panthers have games @Saints, vs. Vikings, vs. Packers and @ Falcons. It ain't over if Packers could run the table.

Rutnstrut
11-29-2017, 09:14 PM
Seattle plays Philadelphia, @ JAX, Rams and @ Dallas (with Elliott). With a depleted secondary, they could lose 2. Panthers have games @Saints, vs. Vikings, vs. Packers and @ Falcons. It ain't over if Packers could run the table.

The packers do not have a chance in hell of running the table.

channtheman
11-29-2017, 10:30 PM

If we can win the next two and Rodgers comes back for Carolina, we have a shot.

pbmax
11-29-2017, 10:36 PM
They just played the second best team in the AFC to a virtual tie on the road without their best (maybe second best now after Burnett) defender and wth the backup Quarterback starting.

They can run the table.

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2017, 07:44 AM
So you're saying there's a chance...

Maxie the Taxi
11-30-2017, 08:07 AM
So you're saying there's a chance......a chance to untank, back into the playoffs, be one and done in the post season and draft #26. Business as usual.:sad:

Pugger
11-30-2017, 11:30 AM

With the loss of 2 of the Legion of Boom in Seattle they could lose 2 more games.

mraynrand
11-30-2017, 12:51 PM
With the loss of 2 of the Legion of Boom in Seattle they could lose 2 more games.

Of course. But you need three things:

Packers win out
Seattle loses two
either ATL or NO win only 2 more games

ThunderDan
11-30-2017, 01:09 PM
...a chance to untank, back into the playoffs, be one and done in the post season and draft #26. Business as usual.:sad:

Exactly, I mean it's not like we have been in the NFC Championship 2 out of the last 3 years.

mraynrand
11-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Exactly, I mean it's not like we have been in the NFC Championship 2 out of the last 3 years.

I swear, Wist, Maxie, and a whole host of other Packer fans seem to confuse us with the Bengals.

Teamcheez1
11-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Can we just lose the next two and end this charade?

mraynrand
11-30-2017, 01:28 PM

I'd rather we didn't. I don't really want to have to wear a grocery bag over my head here in Cleveland.

ThunderDan
11-30-2017, 01:50 PM
I swear, Wist, Maxie, and a whole host of other Packer fans seem to confuse us with the Bengals.

Just looking up the Packers playoff record. We haven't been 1 and done since 2013 NFC Wild Card game and then the 2011 NFC Divisional game against the Giants the year after our Superb Owl win.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2017, 02:49 PM

Oh, I'd say 1 loss in this stretch would be an adequate mercy killing.

As always, I'm squeemish about putting half-recovered players back on the field. I want Rodgers to R-E-L-A-X, wish Monty hadn't come back so soon, and I'll never forgive Vince for talking Jordy into playing with that stupid Kevelar™ vest last year.

pbmax
12-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Great breakdown of the simplest scenario and the remaining schedules. Bad news, you might want to root for the Vikings for two weeks. Complete remaining schedule for each of these teams is in the article.

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article/Worlds-Best-Green-Bay-Packers-Preview-The-Easiest-Path-to-the-Playoffs-111500738

Here is the most reasonable path for Green Bay:

— First, Green Bay has to run the table and get to 10-6. That is the most farfetched item on the must-have list.

— Second, sorry, but you have to be Vikings fans the next two weeks. Minnesota wins at Atlanta and at Carolina would be helpful.

— Third, between Atlanta and Carolina, the Panthers have the toughest schedule, since they play at the Falcons, and a poor conference record, which could come into play for a multi-team tiebreaker. So, the Panthers are the target. Losses at New Orleans on Sunday, at home to Green Bay in Week 15 and at Atlanta in the finale would send the Panthers to 10-6. Green Bay would get the head-to-head tiebreaker.

— The Seahawks are 2-2 in their last four games and have been hit hard by injuries. Seattle is only 3-2 at home, and the Eagles and Rams are on a roll. Jacksonville is 7-4 with a tremendous defense. Dallas will have Ezekiel Elliott back from his suspension. So, it’s easy to see the Seahawks dropping at least a couple of those games. Green Bay, by virtue of its Week 1 victory, would win a head-to-head tiebreaker.

— Detroit leads the Packers by one game. If the Lions were to win their next four games but lose to Green Bay in the finale, both teams would finish 10-6. Head-to-head, division-record and common-games tiebreakers wouldn’t settle anything, but the Packers would have the better conference record. Still, a loss at Baltimore on Sunday wouldn’t hurt anything. The Lions, it’s worth noting, are only 2-4 at home.

channtheman
12-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Great breakdown of the simplest scenario and the remaining schedules. Bad news, you might want to root for the Vikings for two weeks. Complete remaining schedule for each of these teams is in the article.

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article/Worlds-Best-Green-Bay-Packers-Preview-The-Easiest-Path-to-the-Playoffs-111500738

We ain't winning the division, that's obvious. It's not too hard to be a Viking fan if it puts us in the playoffs. I'm done with the pity party, lets go Pack. Get back to the playoffs and see what happens!

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 01:29 PM
We ain't winning the division, that's obvious. It's not too hard to be a Viking fan if it puts us in the playoffs. I'm done with the pity party, lets go Pack. Get back to the playoffs and see what happens!

Perfect Packer attitude. I am in the boat with you.

Rutnstrut
12-04-2017, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings won out. They are damn good.

Pugger
12-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Detroit is back to being Detroit. They go to Tampa next but Stafford's hand is hurting. The Panthers and Falcons both lost. The Falcons have to face NO and the Panthers the Vikes next. Unfortunately the seachickens won last night. They might not have this success Sunday at the Jags.

Pugger
12-04-2017, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings won out. They are damn good.

Maybe. I'm wondering when Keenam will come back to earth...

wist43
12-04-2017, 08:08 AM
There's no way we're making the playoffs; but, if by some miracle we did?? we'd be bounced very quickly.

You guys need to face reality - the Green Bay Packers are not a good football team. Horrible defense - just horrific.

mraynrand
12-04-2017, 08:12 AM
There's no way we're making the playoffs; but, if by some miracle we did?? we'd be bounced very quickly.

You guys need to face reality - the Green Bay Packers are not a good football team. Horrible defense - just horrific.

They had an arguably terrible game versus Detroit. But in support of Hundley, it's hard to say, considering they're on the field all the time. Yesterday they surrendered 14 net points.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Simple!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQNZqpHVoAAhRrz.jpg:large

Teamcheez1
12-04-2017, 02:04 PM

My biggest concern is if we get close or make the playoffs, we will see no changes in management or coaching. They will simply blame the season on AR's injury, and speak glowingly about the great young talent reloading for next year.

George Cumby
12-04-2017, 03:27 PM
It’s December during a season in which we lost our star quarterback and we are still talking playoffs.

Yet some still whine, complain, bitch and moan.

Man up, you Nancies.

mraynrand
12-04-2017, 04:58 PM
It’s December during a season in which we lost our star quarterback and we are still talking playoffs.

Man up, you Nancies.

Stop bitching about bitches be bitching, bitch.

QBME
12-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Man up, you Nancies.

Yup.

Maxie the Taxi
12-04-2017, 06:44 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/jMHezPvKPh0IM/200_s.gif

Rutnstrut
12-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Man up, you Nancies.

Funny how when Favre was traded many here said he's only one player it doesn't make the team. Yet now when homers want the one star player excuse, it's all good.

George Cumby
12-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Funny how when Favre was traded many here said he's only one player it doesn't make the team. Yet now when homers want the one star player excuse, it's all good.

You are conflating the situations. I’m making dinner and would put more time into the post otherwise.

mraynrand
12-05-2017, 08:04 PM

QBs like Marino, Favre and Rodgers are necessary for a championship, but not sufficient. Also, see Young, Steve, at Tampa Bay, for another example.

texaspackerbacker
12-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Even the defense will be helped when Rodgers is back - less time on the field and opponents often playing catch up.

pbmax
12-06-2017, 07:17 AM
I don't remember advocating trading Favre and starting a McCown. Or a McNown. Or the other McCown.

Rutnstrut
12-06-2017, 01:48 PM
I totally agree that Rodgers is what makes this team any good at all. Unfortunately that's pretty much it. If not for AR, TT and stubby are below mediocre.