PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Other Games

pbmax
12-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Alternate headline: Andy Reid changes underling's job description, doesn't resign.

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
Chiefs coach Andy Reid is benching....himself. He has has planned to hand over play calling to OC Matt Nagy for today's game vs. Jets although Reid will continue to have oversight, per team sources.

Joemailman
12-03-2017, 09:50 AM
49ers at Bears should be epic.

pbmax
12-03-2017, 01:34 PM
mike freeman @mikefreemanNFL
Hochuli: "As an object approaches the speed of light, its mass rises precipitously. If an object tries to travel 186,000 miles per second, its mass becomes infinite, and so does the energy required to move it. Therefore, holding, 10-yard penalty. Replay second down."

mraynrand
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
really looking forward to watching Geno Smith play. It's been too long.

pbmax
12-03-2017, 03:23 PM
really looking forward to watching Geno Smith play. It's been too long.

Outside of orders to tank, I do not see the upside for McAdoo on this one.

denverYooper
12-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Geaux Saints.

denverYooper
12-03-2017, 03:41 PM
You want to see a bad team? Look at the Broncos. They have absolutely fallen apart.

mraynrand
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM
You want to see a bad team? Look at the Broncos. They have absolutely fallen apart.

it's really astonishing. But I think any team that takes Osweiller without getting a draft pick is abandoning all hope.

mraynrand
12-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Outside of orders to tank, I do not see the upside for McAdoo on this one.

maybe it's just that he's done, knows it, and it's a big old FU to Eli. I dunno.

denverYooper
12-03-2017, 03:57 PM
it's really astonishing. But I think any team that takes Osweiller without getting a draft pick is abandoning all hope.

lol

George Cumby
12-03-2017, 04:01 PM

The Mill Wheel of Karma grinds slowly but very fine.

Rutnstrut
12-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Did I just hear right on the Saints/Panthers game? Taysom Hill playing on special teams for the Saints?

Maxie the Taxi
12-03-2017, 04:27 PM
Did I just hear right on the Saints/Panthers game? Taysom Hill playing on special teams for the Saints?Yup. He just helped cause a TO on a punt. Plus, announcer said Sean Payton told him that he "loves" Hill and that Hill might take over for Brees when B retires.

Rutnstrut
12-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Yup. He just helped cause a TO on a punt. Plus, announcer said Sean Payton told him that he "loves" Hill and that Hill might take over for Brees when B retires.

Yeah I heard that. I wasn't happy when the packers let him go. I think he will be a lot better than Hundley or Callahan ever could be. But TT knows best, not.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Seattle seems to get more home field calls than any other team. Eagles with two good kickoff returns, and I didn't see a block in the back on either one. Iffy pass interference on Darby (could have gone either way), but then they don't call the pick play against the Seahawks for the TD. And the sight of a happy Pete Carroll on the sideline makes me want to barf.

pbmax
12-03-2017, 08:29 PM
How many passes has Hill thrown this year?

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 09:12 PM
How was that not a first down on that catch. Glad that Phi got it on forth down.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2017, 09:14 PM
It was a first down. The karate chop to the head on that fumble was kind of weird.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Seattle literally gets every call at home. If they call it one way, you'd think they'd call it the other way. All these offensive and defensive holdings on Philly and Seattle called with zero. A good chunk of the Seattle first downs seems to be penalties. Well, 1/3 of them anyways.

Zool
12-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Seattle DBs hold every single play. This is kinda BS.

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Seattle DBs hold every single play. This is kinda BS.

Yup, that last play showed it. Jeffries being mugged before the ball got there.

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 10:06 PM
How can refs be so biased in the favor of one team?

Clearly a forward lateral past the line of scrimmage. Refs say it was backwards after the ball went ar least 1 1/2 yards forward.

HarveyWallbangers
12-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Philly was stupid not to challenge the lateral, but once again the refs get the call wrong--in favor of the Seahawks. Wilson is a magician though. Crazy plays made by Wentz on the last drive to get Philly back in the game temporarily.

Joemailman
12-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Philly was stupid not to challenge the lateral, but once again the refs get the call wrong--in favor of the Seahawks. Wilson is a magician though. Crazy plays made by Wentz on the last drive to get Philly back in the game temporarily.

I wonder if any of the officials were in a good position to see that play when he made the pitch. Just not something you're expecting. Pretty awesome watching these 2 QB's.

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 10:24 PM
So when Graham got his feet tangled it is pass interference but not when a Sea DB does it.

ThunderDan
12-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Stupid throw by Wentz there. Game over.

Rutnstrut
12-04-2017, 12:25 AM
How many passes has Hill thrown this year?

He could go in the 4th quarter of the last game of the season and probably surpass Hundley's completions.

mraynrand
12-04-2017, 05:53 AM
You all see the Gronk play? I think this scores about a 7 on the Burfictometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjAN_wgmiI

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2017, 07:50 AM
You all see the Gronk play? I think this scores about a 7 on the Burfictometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjAN_wgmiI

And afterwards he was incredulous as to why any would question him. He's such a douche.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 08:23 AM
He could go in the 4th quarter of the last game of the season and probably surpass Hundley's completions.

Right. And Payton agrees with you. Which is why the 3rd string QB is playing special teams, because he is so valuable.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 08:24 AM
So if Goodell suspended Gronk for 2 years, would Jones be less likely to force him out?

mraynrand
12-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Right. And Payton agrees with you. Which is why the 3rd string QB is playing special teams, because he is so valuable.

I liked Hill's athleticism and competitiveness, but really, we have no idea whether he would have understood the offense. And we don't know jack about whether he has consistent accuracy or much of anything else. I'd like to take this moment to remind people how good Hundley looked in preseason too.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 09:33 AM
^ All that is true, but I think misses the point.

Can anyone else recall a valuable QB or QB prospect who played ST other than to hold on FG/PAT?

mraynrand
12-04-2017, 09:48 AM

Can anyone else recall a valuable QB or QB prospect who played ST other than to hold on FG/PAT?

I was embellishing. To answer your question I can only think of Danny White, but he punted he didn’t run and tackle on ST.

Didn’t Tebow play ST before he was out of football? But obviously he wasn’t valuable as a QB.

ThunderDan
12-04-2017, 09:49 AM

Dan Pastorini use to punt for the Oilers.

hoosier
12-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Marlin Briscoe!

Maxie the Taxi
12-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Can anyone else recall a valuable QB or QB prospect who played ST other than to hold on FG/PAT?Maybe your question misses the point. Sean Payton thinks out of the box. He doesn't need precedent. His special teams are super crappy. Hill is a big body and fast. He probably offered to play special teams just to make the active roster. After making a couple really good plays on special teams, Payton looked extremely pleased with himself. Hill did too. A win-win. Payton probably figured it's a chance to see what Hill is made of. He said if Hill got injured he'd have a year to rehab. Hill probably figured he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I know my opinion of him changed. When he was with the Packers I pegged him as injury-prone because of his history.

I wouldn't say he's better than Hundley, but maybe Callahan. You never ever really know. :-)

ThunderDan
12-04-2017, 10:46 AM
So if Goodell suspended Gronk for 2 years, would Jones be less likely to force him out?

Suspend him for two years. Let it go down to 6 games on appeal.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Suspend him for two years. Let it go down to 6 games on appeal.

Spoken like the President of the old American League!

pbmax
12-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Maybe your question misses the point. Sean Payton thinks out of the box. He doesn't need precedent. His special teams are super crappy. Hill is a big body and fast. He probably offered to play special teams just to make the active roster. After making a couple really good plays on special teams, Payton looked extremely pleased with himself. Hill did too. A win-win. Payton probably figured it's a chance to see what Hill is made of. He said if Hill got injured he'd have a year to rehab. Hill probably figured he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I know my opinion of him changed. When he was with the Packers I pegged him as injury-prone because of his history.

I wouldn't say he's better than Hundley, but maybe Callahan. You never ever really know. :-)

The point of the question still being that Hill is the #3 QB after Chase Daniel and is not the heir apparent as was suggested earlier by someone with a Payton quote.

Maxie the Taxi
12-04-2017, 11:01 AM
The point of the question still being that Hill is the #3 QB after Chase Daniel and is not the heir apparent as was suggested earlier by someone with a Payton quote.Actually we can blame Aikman. He made it sound like Hill was Payton's guy.

My bottom line on Hill is that, ironically, he's Kappernick-like [without the baggage] in his ability to run. Better than Hundley, better than Callahan...and a running QB is our best chance of winning w/o Arod if you're not going to go out and get an experienced backup who can pass.

pbmax
12-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Ben McAdoo has been fired.

pbmax
12-06-2017, 07:22 AM
Here is your new Thursday Night 3rd announcer:

Neil deGrasse Tyson @neiltyson
FYI: The lateral that @DangeRussWilson threw to @MikeDavisRB in Sunday’s @Seahawks @Eagles game was a legit “Galilean Transformation”. In their reference frame, the ball went backwards. It’s not their fault they ran forward faster than the ball.

mraynrand
12-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Here is your new Thursday Night 3rd announcer:

Neil deGrasse Tyson @neiltyson
FYI: The lateral that @DangeRussWilson threw to @MikeDavisRB in Sunday’s @Seahawks @Eagles game was a legit “Galilean Transformation”. In their reference frame, the ball went backwards. It’s not their fault they ran forward faster than the ball.

In my reference frame, Neil deGrasse Tyson's weight increases dramatically as he approaches the speed of idiot.

Rutnstrut
12-06-2017, 01:37 PM
I liked Hill's athleticism and competitiveness, but really, we have no idea whether he would have understood the offense. And we don't know jack about whether he has consistent accuracy or much of anything else. I'd like to take this moment to remind people how good Hundley looked in preseason too.

He really probably couldn't be much worse than Hundley.