PDA

View Full Version : Davante Adams -- 5 toughest CBs

denverYooper
12-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Nice article by Davante Adams.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

Outside of his discussion of different opponent (and one ex-Packer) CB, it highlights what is expected of a WR in the GB offense.

QBME
12-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Nice article by Davante Adams.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

Outside of his discussion of different opponent (and one ex-Packer) CB, it highlights what is expected of a WR in the GB offense.

Real nice read. Sounds like he is now getting it down.

Rutnstrut
12-06-2017, 07:22 PM
I really enjoyed that. Maybe I'll jump on the Fresno freak bandwagon.

beveaux1
12-06-2017, 09:40 PM
I really enjoyed that. Maybe I'll jump on the Fresno freak bandwagon.

I’m already on it. That was a great article.

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Excellent article. Thanks.

My main takeaway? No wonder Janis ain't playing a lot of WR!

I wonder if Max McGee could play WR in today's Packer system. I think things were a whole lot simpler back then.

mraynrand
12-07-2017, 07:03 AM
I thought the most interesting part was about how he thought Sam Shields was the heart and soul of the defense when he arrived. Maybe the loss of Shields was a huge part of the defensive struggles over the past couple years.

Pugger
12-07-2017, 07:39 AM
I thought the most interesting part was about how he thought Sam Shields was the heart and soul of the defense when he arrived. Maybe the loss of Shields was a huge part of the defensive struggles over the past couple years.

I found that interesting too. Perhaps we are still reeling from losing Sam. :sad:

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2017, 07:50 AM
I thought the most interesting part was about how he thought Sam Shields was the heart and soul of the defense when he arrived. Maybe the loss of Shields was a huge part of the defensive struggles over the past couple years.Agreed. Very interesting comment by Fresno Freak. He also sort of said that speed is the number one attribute of a great cornerback. Speed covers a lot of ills. But when speed is paired with athleticism, size and attitude, you've got shut down corners like Peterson and Sherman.

Against this metric our current CB's suck big time, with the possible exception of Randall. But even Randall lacks elite speed and size.

Pugger
12-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Agreed. Very interesting comment by Fresno Freak. He also sort of said that speed is the number one attribute of a great cornerback. Speed covers a lot of ills. But when speed is paired with athleticism, size and attitude, you've got shut down corners like Peterson and Sherman.

Against this metric our current CB's suck big time, with the possible exception of Randall. But even Randall lacks elite speed and size.

Sam had elite speed but not necessarily size.

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Sam had elite speed but not necessarily size.Yeah, Adams pointed that out in the article but said the Sam's exceptional speed and attitude made up for his lack of elite size.

I also forgot about King when I commented about our CB's. King has size, speed and attitude, I guess the only thing in question about him is durability and maybe his athleticism.

Rutnstrut
12-07-2017, 09:56 AM

That very well could be so, but. TT is supposed to be great at his job. No excuses, he's had plenty of time to fix it.

Rutnstrut
12-07-2017, 10:06 AM

That very well could be so, but. TT is supposed to be great at his job. No excuses, he's had plenty of time to fix it.

Fritz
12-07-2017, 11:08 AM
I commend the person who actually did the writing of the article. I am not sure many or any professional football players actually write that well.

The article also points up the complexity of the game. To Maxie's point, I'm not sure having Max McGee reeling around the field half-drunk making catches on accidental routes would fly any more.

mraynrand
12-07-2017, 11:19 AM

your story has become tiresome

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2017, 01:30 PM
...Max McGee reeling around the field half-drunk making catches on accidental routes...That's exactly how I post!

woodbuck27
12-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Agreed. Very interesting comment by Fresno Freak. He also sort of said that speed is the number one attribute of a great cornerback. Speed covers a lot of ills. But when speed is paired with athleticism, size and attitude, you've got shut down corners like Peterson and Sherman.

TT and the Packer Scouting Dept.

Leave the Green Bay Packer generally in 'a big hole'.

Any Ten Packerrats could Draft better.