PDA

View Full Version : Shazier

red
12-06-2017, 09:34 PM
what, no one wants to talk about the ugly side of the nfl rearing its ugly head?

he delivered what didn't look like the worlds most dangerous hit. its a hit we see quite often. but he imediately lost all feeling and use of his legs

the team announced almost imediately that he suffered a spinal contusion

the next day they announced that he had some movement below the waist and that he would be moved to pittsburg the next day.

yesterday they decided not to move him for some reason, and everyone stopped giving updates.

today, they airlifted him to pittsburg where the medical team announced that they will not update his condition until they run all their tests

doesn't sound good for a great young player

mraynrand
12-06-2017, 11:48 PM
It's a bit worrisome to be sure.

Too bad. I wanted the Packers to move up and draft him. If he were on the Packers he'd be OK now because they train their LBs not to tackle.

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Too bad. I wanted the Packers to move up and draft him. If he were on the Packers he'd be OK now because they train their LBs not to tackle.

But he'd have a hammy and be out anyways.

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2017, 08:11 AM
But he'd have a hammy and be out anyways.LOL

Fosco33
12-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Nick Collins and Finley's injuries also were on 'small' hits. Most of neck/spine are about angle of impact.

Pugger
12-07-2017, 08:21 AM
I wonder if he'll ever play again...

Zool
12-07-2017, 09:37 AM

I hope for his sake he wouldn't. Remember Turd Ferguson after he got knocked out, and he didn't even break his neck.

MadScientist
12-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Play?? At the moment I hope he walks again.

Fritz
12-07-2017, 11:05 AM

No, no, no. That's when it's a cornerback. When it's another position, you're supposed to say that TT knew the guy had potential medical problems and drafted him anyway because he likes drafting injured players, like Justin Harrell.

mraynrand
12-07-2017, 11:27 AM
No, no, no. That's when it's a cornerback. When it's another position, you're supposed to say that TT knew the guy had potential medical problems and drafted him anyway because he likes drafting injured players, like Justin Harrell.

lol I just about spit up my coffee. Maybe we should add "Packerrat Memes" to that 'glossary' thread.

woodbuck27
12-07-2017, 02:03 PM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-ryan-shazier-pittsburgh-injury-news-1207-story.html

Lack of news on Ryan Shazier is disconcerting

" ... In general, good news comes quickly, bad news slowly.

We all like to hear and deliver good news and remain hopeful. No one likes to be the bearer of bad news.

Doctors and NFL teams are no different.

Regarding Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier, the worry is that no news is not good news. ..."

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

hoosier
12-07-2017, 02:15 PM
If the absence of news were itself worrisome then the Packers would be perennial Eeyores. The orthopods and neurologists are running a gazillion tests on him to make sure he doesn't have stenosis and whatever else. Some Steeler players reported being told that it was a spinal concussion, which would probably mean the damage is only temporary. Could it be something more serious? Sure, but the silence is not necessarily ominous.

woodbuck27
12-07-2017, 02:17 PM
If the absence of news were itself worrisome then the Packers would be perennial Eeyores. The orthopods and neurologists are running a gazillion tests on him to make sure he doesn't have stenosis and whatever else. Some Steeler players reported being told that it was a spinal concussion, which would probably mean the damage is only temporary. Could it be something more serious? Sure, but the silence is not necessarily ominous.

No News isn't BAD News.

red
12-07-2017, 02:47 PM

Turns out he had spinal stabilization surgery last night, meaning it was much more severe injury then the team first reported

The doctors that performed the surgery didn’t say anything about whether he’d ever be able to walk again, or if he had any feeling

pbmax
12-07-2017, 02:58 PM
They already reported he had feeling. But they may not be willing to risk much movement (and hence no updates) until after the stabilization surgery.

Fosco33
12-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Not as eloquent as Tae but still intersting view from Finley.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jermichael-finley-packers-injury-retirement/

red
12-07-2017, 03:15 PM
They said he had “some” feeling I believe

Fosco33
12-07-2017, 03:18 PM
https://www.inverse.com/article/39091-ryan-shazier-spinal-contusion-back-injury

Guiness
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Nick Collins and Finley's injuries also were on 'small' hits. Most of neck/spine are about angle of impact.

Collins in particular looked run of the mill. Terrence Murphy is another one. Turned out both of them had pre-existing conditions, I wonder if that will be the case with Shazier?

Fosco33
12-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Collins in particular looked run of the mill. Terrence Murphy is another one. Turned out both of them had pre-existing conditions, I wonder if that will be the case with Shazier?
And Sterljng sharpe. Stenosis.

My childhood friend was a Badger offensive lineman (ahead of Tauscher on depth chart). Same thing. Small hit. Loss of feeling. Ended his career.

gbgary
12-07-2017, 03:57 PM
read they surgically stabilized his spine. a neurologist (not associated with the case) said that's a bad sign in his opinion. that it's probably more than a contusion.

mraynrand
12-07-2017, 05:21 PM
nm

pbmax
12-07-2017, 10:35 PM
And Sterljng sharpe. Stenosis.

My childhood friend was a Badger offensive lineman (ahead of Tauscher on depth chart). Same thing. Small hit. Loss of feeling. Ended his career.

Your childhood friend was Aaron Gibson?

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
From a team's perspective, losing somebody permanently - like Collins for the Packers - messes things up because it is can't really be planned for like age and contract expiration.

From a player's perspective (and I expect what I say to generate a bunch of hate, but I'll say it anyway), they are paid absolutely huge amounts, even lesser players, to go out there and play a game that many of us would love to play for nothing or a tiny fraction as much. Injuries, even career ending, even injuries that mess up their future lives, are the risk they take. They know that risk going in, and if they don't want the risk, they can just quit and get a real job for a tiny tiny fraction of what they make in the NFL.

pbmax
12-08-2017, 10:53 AM
From a team's perspective, losing somebody permanently - like Collins for the Packers - messes things up because it is can't really be planned for like age and contract expiration.

From a player's perspective (and I expect what I say to generate a bunch of hate, but I'll say it anyway), they are paid absolutely huge amounts, even lesser players, to go out there and play a game that many of us would love to play for nothing or a tiny fraction as much. Injuries, even career ending, even injuries that mess up their future lives, are the risk they take. They know that risk going in, and if they don't want the risk, they can just quit and get a real job for a tiny tiny fraction of what they make in the NFL.

Yeah, those practice squad guys are making an absolute killing week to week.

And none of you would play professional football for free. None of you are that stupid.

pbmax
12-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Michele Steele @ESPNMichele
Just got off phone w neurologist Dr Anthony Alessi, who consults w NFLPA, asked him what he makes of Shazier's spinal stabilization surgery. "It's not good...We're not going to see him this season. He may not play football again."

I don't think this tells us anything more, other than confirming that stabilization surgery is not a good sign for his medium to long term playing prospects.

Fosco33
12-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Your childhood friend was Aaron Gibson?

Nope. But I knew Gibby in college. And Ron Dayne. And Greisen, etc.

Did Aaron have stenosis too?

My friend is terry Stephan out of Germantown wi.

MadScientist
12-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Just got off phone w neurologist Dr Anthony Alessi, who consults w NFLPA, asked him what he makes of Shazier's spinal stabilization surgery. "It's not good...We're not going to see him this season. He may not play football again."

I don't think this tells us anything more, other than confirming that stabilization surgery is not a good sign for his medium to long term playing prospects.
The follow-up tweet gives a clearer indication of the potential seriousness of the injury:

Alessi says surgery is needed when the “bones around his spinal cord are dislocated. This is a more severe injury (than a contusion.)”

“This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought.”
— Michele Steele (@ESPNMichele) December 7, 2017

Hopefully this was all done in time to save his ability to walk.

Also given this situation, I wonder if Shazier's flipping himself over after the injury did him more damage. There have been other situations where the medical people strap a board to a guy and then flip him over so the possibly damaged spine doesn't get injured further.

Fosco33
12-08-2017, 11:49 AM
The reason uw brought Tauscher back for that 5/6th yr was because terry Stephan got hurt.

http://journaltimes.com/fate-deals-tauscher-a-winning-hand/article_c44e88e0-fd80-5d57-8c57-d9ca43956274.html

mraynrand
12-08-2017, 12:55 PM

And none of you would play professional football for free. None of you are that stupid.

I checked his post. He never said free. I bet if someone dragged 200000/year through a trailer park you’d get a lot of people interested in playing.

mraynrand
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I checked his post. He never said free. I bet if someone dragged 200000/year through a trailer park you’d get a lot of people interested in playing.

Edit: oops he said nothing. Ya with people making a lot around you there’s no way you play for nothing. It makes you look like a rube.

pbmax
12-08-2017, 01:04 PM

From a player's perspective (and I expect what I say to generate a bunch of hate, but I'll say it anyway), they are paid absolutely huge amounts, even lesser players, to go out there and play a game that many of us would love to play for nothing or a tiny fraction as much.

I think nothing and free are pretty close synonyms.

$200,000 per year sounds wonderful, but if you are injured and released needing further medical care, you have to pay for the insurance coverage after you are released plus whatever is out of pocket. And since that $200,000 is not guaranteed, you might be paying for that care with $7,200 in your pocket.

red
12-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Also given this situation, I wonder if Shazier's flipping himself over after the injury did him more damage. There have been other situations where the medical people strap a board to a guy and then flip him over so the possibly damaged spine doesn't get injured further.

i thought the same thing when i saw the video, he very well could have done major damage rolling over

although, if it was you or me, we probably would have done the same thing. i know with me, the first thing i do automatically when i'm hurt is to stand up and walk around, for some reason i think if i can walk it off then i'm fine. that didn't work too well when i tried to "walk it off", when my foot broke away from the rest of my body a few years back. but it did give me an image i'll never forget

i doubt he even realized there was a problem with his legs until he did roll over

its just scary, and something that could happen to any player on almost any play

texaspackerbacker
12-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Is $200,000 what practice squad guys get? That's a LOT for regular people, a damn lot, and upward steeply from there. True, it's not enough to get messed up for life, but figuring in the very small likelihood of anything serious enough to do that, it's easily a risk worth taking - and if somebody thinks it's not, I say again, he can quit and get a real job - a lot less fun in virtually all cases, and a tiny fraction of the money.

pbmax
12-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Is $200,000 what practice squad guys get? That's a LOT for regular people, a damn lot, and upward steeply from there. True, it's not enough to get messed up for life, but figuring in the very small likelihood of anything serious enough to do that, it's easily a risk worth taking - and if somebody thinks it's not, I say again, he can quit and get a real job - a lot less fun in virtually all cases, and a tiny fraction of the money.

If you have a contract in the offseason, you can approach $200,000 for the years before veteran minimums kick in. But PS players get $7,200 per week. I don't know what undrafted rookies get in the offseason though. Problem with being young and injured though is that your odds of getting cut and not reaching the minimum are much higher.

hoosier
12-08-2017, 01:20 PM

The difference between good and not good in this case won't be measured by how soon (or whether) Shazier returns to the field.

red
12-08-2017, 01:22 PM
If you have a contract in the offseason, you can approach $200,000 for the years before veteran minimums kick in. But PS players get $7,200 per week. I don't know what undrafted rookies get in the offseason though. Problem with being young and injured though is that your odds of getting cut and not reaching the minimum are much higher.

i think that is for the week, just during the season. i don't think they get paid during the offseason

pbmax
12-08-2017, 02:06 PM
i think that is for the week, just during the season. i don't think they get paid during the offseason

I think it varies. Some PS guys do sign as UDFAs and get bonuses plus the minimum contract. Some are FAs signed near or in camp.

Each has the minimum contract, but I am not sure what the schedule of payments is. So Rand might be right about the absolute minimum being 200K, but if payments are made August through January/February, then you won't see a dime beyond that $5,000 signing bonus until camp.

You get hurt and that is 5 months on $5,000 plus one weekly check.

bobblehead
12-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Pretty sure you overestimate a good many posters around here.

red
12-08-2017, 06:55 PM
I think it varies. Some PS guys do sign as UDFAs and get bonuses plus the minimum contract. Some are FAs signed near or in camp.

Each has the minimum contract, but I am not sure what the schedule of payments is. So Rand might be right about the absolute minimum being 200K, but if payments are made August through January/February, then you won't see a dime beyond that $5,000 signing bonus until camp.

You get hurt and that is 5 months on $5,000 plus one weekly check.

no, he's not right

PS players get at minimum 7,200 dollars per week, for 17 weeks, and only 17 weeks. so the average PS players makes 122,400 a year. nfl players get paid 17 weeks out of the year, not weekly like everyone else. however players do get a little cash during training camp and preseason, which is about $1,000 a week for first year players and less then $2,000 a week for vets

if an undrafted free agent signs a 300,000 deal after the draft, but ends up on the PS, he's only going to make 122,400, NOT 300,000. PS guys are released, and then re signed. if they get called back up to the real roster, then he signs a new contract

no packer PS player was making more then 7,200 a week this year, so no, PS players don't often get paid more then the minimum

and to tex's point, thats still damn good money for most of us

Cheesehead Craig
12-08-2017, 08:55 PM
I remember seeing a video from a player who was talking about how hard it is to get on a team as just a PS player. Once your cut from the team you lose access to all the weights and training staff. You are then on your own to get yourself into NFL shape and you can't just go to your local Anytime Fitness and expect to compete at that high level. If those guys want to continue their NFL careers they're spending a lot of money out of pocket for personal trainers and access to equipment. And then you're hoping that you get onto a team. But if you end up spending a significant portion of that money that you do get paid on trying to make teams and you get stuck on practice squads that's a rough life regardless. Because then those guys have to make themselves available during the NFL season, so it's hard for them to pursue a career outside of football until they decide to give up on it.

woodbuck27
12-09-2017, 08:05 AM
I remember seeing a video from a player who was talking about how hard it is to get on a team as just a PS player. Once your cut from the team you lose access to all the weights and training staff. You are then on your own to get yourself into NFL shape and you can't just go to your local Anytime Fitness and expect to compete at that high level. If those guys want to continue their NFL careers they're spending a lot of money out of pocket for personal trainers and access to equipment. And then you're hoping that you get onto a team. But if you end up spending a significant portion of that money that you do get paid on trying to make teams and you get stuck on practice squads that's a rough life regardless. Because then those guys have to make themselves available during the NFL season, so it's hard for them to pursue a career outside of football until they decide to give up on it.

Yes.

woodbuck27
12-09-2017, 08:08 AM

No kidding.

I just want to be a Manager. :-)

woodbuck27
12-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by pbmax
" Yeah, those practice squad guys are making an absolute killing week to week.

And none of you would play professional football for free. None of you are that stupid. "

bobblehead Responds to pbmax:

Pretty sure you overestimate a good many posters around here.

I ....woodbuck27 respond to bobblehead:

Is that your arrogance I detect again? Here's a challenge.

Bring 'your Big Brain' to the Pro Pickem next Season; and we'll see how really bright, you really are.

Don't include any Non - USA Citizens on your List; of not being as bright as you imagine you might be.

The Packerrats not USA Citizens are intelligent Posters at Packerrats.

I'll name just a few of non-USA Posters here I truly respect as bright (intelligent).:

UpNorth and Guinness and mmmdk and ** I'm 'no slouch'.

** I've proof of that fact, in case you doubt my intelligence and overall knowledge of the NFL.

mraynrand
12-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Is that your arrogance I detect?

F U.

^^^

"Woodcock's a great guy, Mraynrand, leave him alone!" - Harlan

woodbuck27
12-09-2017, 08:31 AM
News on the NFL Network:

Still this AM (Sat. Dec. 12, 2017)...Good News as there isn't any official Team Update after the surgery.

It's still No News is Good News.

bobblehead
12-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by pbmax
" Yeah, those practice squad guys are making an absolute killing week to week.

And none of you would play professional football for free. None of you are that stupid. "

bobblehead Responds to pbmax:

I ....woodbuck27 respond to bobblehead:

Is that your arrogance I detect again? Here's a challenge.

Bring 'your Big Brain' to the Pro Pickem next Season; and we'll see how really bright, you really are.

Don't include any Non - USA Citizens on your List; of not being as bright as you imagine you might be.

The Packerrats not USA Citizens are intelligent Posters at Packerrats.

I'll name just a few of non-USA Posters here I truly respect as bright (intelligent).:

UpNorth and Guinness and mmmdk and ** I'm 'no slouch'.

** I've proof of that fact, in case you doubt my intelligence and overall knowledge of the NFL.
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke.

Fosco33
12-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Trying picking vs spread with confidence points.

pbmax
12-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Schefter reports that Shazier still has movement but it being limited as long as he has swelling from the injury.

He writes like the only open question is his playing career.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21723311/ryan-shazier-pittsburgh-steelers-showing-gradual-improvement-back-injury

While he remains hospitalized in Pittsburgh, Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier continues to show gradual improvement from his back injury, people familiar with his condition told ESPN.

Doctors are controlling and limiting his movement as they wait for the swelling and bruising in his back to subside, sources said.

It is premature to say whether Shazier will play football again, but the focus right now is not on his playing career but on trying to facilitate his recovery.

red
12-10-2017, 10:03 AM
thats good news for him

the weird thing to me about the injury, was that it was the side of the neck that took the blow, but it was the middle of his back that was injured

kinda reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urG1mhnFBjM

esoxx
12-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Man up, Sally

denverYooper
12-10-2017, 04:24 PM
No kidding.

I just want to be a Manager. :-)

LOL. On point.

Fosco33
12-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Man up, Sally

I've won 50+ person pickem pools and did decent playing in this one. Straight up is just boring imo.

pbmax
12-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Excellent points.

Don't forget that the best PEDs aren't cheap either. :lol:

gbgary
12-11-2017, 01:39 PM
"gradual improvement"...hope it continues.

pbmax
12-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Shazier posted a video of he and family watching Steelers game last night. So he is alert and his phone hand/arm are working fine.

Cheesehead Craig
12-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Shazier posted a video of he and family watching Steelers game last night. So he is alert and his phone hand/arm are working fine.

So PornHub is back in play.

hoosier
12-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Lol.

red
12-11-2017, 04:40 PM
LOL

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 12:12 PM

:-) Not meaning any disrespect:

I don't mix up Gambling Vs Pro Pickem Analysis.

I study the NFL and use competent analysis to make concrete predictions. I use everything to my advantage to do that.

That doesn't usually have any huge bearing on a Vegas Line and any Pro Sports Matchup.

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke.

No you weren't. I called you out.

You ran away because your out of line. :idea:

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 12:26 PM
I've won 50+ person pickem pools and did decent playing in this one. Straight up is just boring imo.

I can't wait to see if you can ever get beyond just being bored and ever winning a Packerrats Pro Pickem Championship.

I will beg to differ and emphasize that trying to be a Pro Pickem Packerrat Champ is hardly boring.

It takes real smarts that exceeds anyone who gets easily bored.

Teens get bored not decent NFL analysts (Pro or Amateur).

Year after year I've seen this.

Any Packerrat that wins a Pro Pickem Championship has analyzed NFL Scheduled Games and predicted results well within the Top 10% of all Pro Analysts. That Level of predicting results seldom (if ever) includes any Ex NFL Player or Coach.

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 12:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748898-ryan-shazier-placed-on-ir-by-steelers-after-undergoing-spinal-surgery

Ryan Shazier Placed on IR by Steelers After Undergoing Spinal Surgery

MIKE CHIARI .... DECEMBER 12, 2017

mraynrand
12-13-2017, 01:20 PM

boss

channtheman
12-13-2017, 11:34 PM
Maybe it's just because we as Packer fans have been conditioned to feel this way, but I assumed Shazier's playing days were over when I saw the injury and it was funny to me to hear during the game "He will not return" (no duh) and now this week "It's unclear if he will play again" (yeah, lets ignore the fact that the guy can't even walk right now and just talk about if he's gonna play football again.)

mraynrand
12-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Yeah, it may be very tough sledding for Shazier, just getting his life back.

Then there's this guy:

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/12/13/16774146/stedman-bailey-los-angeles-rams-nfl-comeback-west-virginia-wvu-mountaineers

red
02-04-2018, 11:17 AM
he just tweeted this morning that he has regained movement in his legs and has begun a "regular walking routine"

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU-MTZ1WsAErWH2.jpg

gbgary
02-04-2018, 11:21 AM
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers2.gif

George Cumby
02-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Good news.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Pretty sure this is shopped.

red
02-04-2018, 05:38 PM

its from his twitter feed

Rastak
02-04-2018, 05:46 PM

Nope, I believe that was real but Ben is holding him up. He still can't walk on his own.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/report-shazier-isnt-walking-on-his-own-yet/

red
02-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Nope, I believe that was real but Ben is holding him up. He still can't walk on his own.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/report-shazier-isnt-walking-on-his-own-yet/

still a great sign

Rastak
02-04-2018, 05:51 PM
still a great sign

Yea, poor fellow. Wish him the best.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Was just joking. But Ben and that railing are helping him maintain balance.

mraynrand
02-04-2018, 10:35 PM
The brace he's wearing indicates he doesn't have much peripheral motor control.

Joemailman
02-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Just incredible that an incredible athlete like Shazier can end up in this situation from 1 play. You just never know...

mraynrand
02-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Just incredible that an incredible athlete like Shazier can end up in this situation from 1 play. You just never know...

True. A shit load of heathy non-athletes end up that way and worse from '1 play' too. We just don't see the instant replay on most of 'em.

bobblehead
02-05-2018, 10:31 AM
No you weren't. I called you out.

You ran away because your out of line. :idea:

Ok, Carnac...you caught me. I really do think there is one poster on this site that isn't very bright.

Fritz
02-05-2018, 01:30 PM
And as Packer fans, we're also conditioned to think that the Packers will never even sniff around Sam Shields once he's announced he wants to try to come back.

Teamcheez1
02-05-2018, 01:42 PM
And as Packer fans, we're also conditioned to think that the Packers will never even sniff around Sam Shields once he's announced he wants to try to come back.

Why would they even consider bringing Shields back after his history of concussions? No reason to take the risk.

smuggler
02-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Great to see he's able to stand. He is really fortunate he will probably be fully functional in his older age. Shame about his career, but those are the risks these guys take.

pbmax
02-06-2018, 08:57 AM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Ryan Shazier confirmed Michele Tafoya's report that he is not walking on his own, and that walking with assistance in rehab remains a struggle

Michelle Tafoya via PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/ryan-shazier-confirms-he-is-not-walking-on-his-own/

Which raises the question, who did Schefter talk to about the "regular walking regime"? Was it his own spin or from someone else? For a while it was pleasant if slightly frustrating that not much news was being shared. But now I feel like someone is trying to play this kid's situation.

woodbuck27
02-06-2018, 01:30 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Ryan Shazier confirmed Michele Tafoya's report that he is not walking on his own, and that walking with assistance in rehab remains a struggle

Michelle Tafoya via PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/ryan-shazier-confirms-he-is-not-walking-on-his-own/

Which raises the question, who did Schefter talk to about the "regular walking regime"? Was it his own spin or from someone else? For a while it was pleasant if slightly frustrating that not much news was being shared. But now I feel like someone is trying to play this kid's situation.

" who did Schefter talk to about the "regular walking regime"? " pbmax

Response: woodbuck27:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Schefter-Ryan-Shazier-is-walking-making-incredible-progress-114633929

[I]" ...Ryan Shazier has "regained movement in his legs and is engaging in a regular walking routine," according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. ...

Shazier was discharged from UMPC on Thursday and will begin receiving outpatient therapy after undergoing spine stabilization surgery in December.

"He's making incredible progress," a source familiar with Shazier's recovery told ESPN. Schefter added that, "The next three to six months are critical in his recovery and will provide a significant idea how much more function Shazier can regain." Quote taken from LINK above.