PDA

View Full Version : Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Browns

Joemailman
12-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Studs

Brett Hundley - Far from perfect, but came through when it counted. At the end of the day, had 3 TD's 0 INT's and 31 rushing yards

Jamall Williams - 118 total yards and 1 TD.

Davante Adams - 10 catches, 84 yards, 2 TD's. Turning into Mr. Clutch.

Trevor Davis - 138 total return yards, including the big one that set up the tying score.

Damarious Randall - Shut down Josh Gordon after the 1st drive.

Clay Matthews - 1 sack and forced the bad throw on the OT INT.

Duds

Offensive Line - Seemed to have a lot of trouble with the Browns stunting and blitzing. Not many holes for RB's to run through.

Run defense - Not sure where the individual blame lies, but terrible against Crowell.

QBME
12-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Studs

Brett Hundley - Far from perfect, but came through when it counted. At the end of the day, had 3 TD's 0 INT's and 31 rushing yards

Trevor Davis - 138 total return yards, including the big one that set up the tying score.

Duds

Offensive Line - Seemed to have a lot of trouble with the Browns stunting and blitzing. Not many holes for RB's to run through.

Run defense - Not sure where the individual blame lies, but terrible against Crowell.

Pretty much go with this with a couple of additions/clarifications:

Studs - Believe it or not.. Aaron Rodgers. He was coaching Hundley through the whole game and into OT. In OT he looked to have taken over and began telling MM how to run the program. (Just what I saw.)

Duds - Inside Linebackers. Light and slow.

red
12-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Studs

a-rod for stepping in and calling the play for the last TD of regulation

doing what he does best, calling his own plays to make fat mike look good

MadtownPacker
12-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Duds - All of you used assnapkins who smeared all that shit about Davante, yes Tex you did it also, need to gargle your own piss to get the feces taste out of your mouths.

George Cumby
12-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Duds - All of you used assnapkins who smeared all that shit about Davante, yes Tex you did it also, need to gargle your own piss to get the feces taste out of your mouths.

Lol. But how do you really feel?

Maxie the Taxi
12-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm at a loss for words...

mraynrand
12-10-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm at a loss for words...

Ask Madtown for some - he seems to have plenty.

denverYooper
12-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Assnapkin is a great word.

pbmax
12-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Another vote for Randall:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/10/packers-cb-damarious-randall-keeps-josh-gordon-check/937668001/

The 6-3, 225-pound receiver towers over the 5-11, 196-pound Randall, but no one in the secondary is playing better than Randall and the Packers needed him to keep Gordon in check.

And that’s exactly what Randall did.

“He had one catch,” Randall said. “Any more questions?”

:lol:

Teamcheez1
12-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Randall has stepped up this season.

While Burnett and Dix (in spite of the INT) have stepped down.

mraynrand
12-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Studs - Believe it or not.. Aaron Rodgers. He was coaching Hundley through the whole game and into OT. In OT he looked to have taken over and began telling MM how to run the program. (Just what I saw.)

Rodgers and Stubby were late heading into the locker room for halftime. Rodgers had the clipboard/laminate and was shoving it in front of Stubby and gesticulating. Was talking his ear off all the way into the tunnel. Would be interesting to know whether putting the game in Hundley's hands was his idea.

red
12-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Randall has stepped up this season.

randall has stepped up the last few games, he was pretty awful before that

lets hope he's getting his confidence back that he had for most of his rookie year

mraynrand
12-10-2017, 10:31 PM

Dix has been terrible deep. Maybe need to put Dix in a box.

call_me_ishmael
12-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Gotta wonder what is going on with HaHa. This is his contract year - you'd think he'd want to ball out and come in for the year in the best possible mental and physical shape.

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Studs

Duds

I agree with all of this.

Yeah, Madtown, I'm ready to say Adams is doing good. He's no Julio Jones, but he makes the most of the talent and speed he's got. I think a lot of posters who have been pissing on Hundley have more crow to eat than I do, though.

I'd add McCarthy's play calling to the dud list, but as so often happens, at least we won.

I'd add Martinez to the stud list too - not as good as some of his games, but the guy has become a legitimately decent ILB.

Call whichever commentator a dud also for not even being able to pronounce Biegel's name.

Pugger
12-11-2017, 08:37 AM
I didn't have a problem with McCarthy's play calling yesterday outside of his decision to not go for the FG when Hundley screwed up in the second half of the game. It was dumb to not take the sure points with a FG that close to the goal line with a inexperienced QB in that situation.

Tony Oday
12-11-2017, 08:56 AM
Randall is a head case and should be shipped out at the earliest convenient time.

texaspackerbacker
12-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized McCarthy for going for it on 4th and 1, as I said out loud before the play that even though it was stupid, it's what I would do too.

One reason IMO that Hundley shines in comeback/desperation time is that McCarthy finally takes the leash off him then. It was smart strategy to throw underneath those Safety(s) that were so far off the line most of the time, but they virtually never opened it up down field until they were down 2 TDs late in the 3rd. And once on 3rd and 1 when he should have just gotten a first down, he did call a pass 20 yards down field - incomplete, followed by a punt from around mid field. And the read option, which worked so well the previous week was hardly used this week. I just hope McCarthy doesn't feel the need to put a leash on Aaron Rodgers, assuming he plays. There was too much of that even before the injury.

Tony Oday
12-11-2017, 08:58 AM
I didn't have a problem with McCarthy's play calling yesterday outside of his decision to not go for the FG when Hundley screwed up in the second half of the game. It was dumb to not take the sure points with a FG that close to the goal line with a inexperienced QB in that situation.

But we do that and we dont get that exciting OT!...I 100% agree with you. With AR take the chance, with the bumbling bruin you kick.

Joemailman
12-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Randall is a head case and should be shipped out at the earliest convenient time.

You like losing? Randall is by far the teams best cornerback right now. He's totally turned things around since being benched against the Bears.

Tony Oday
12-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Still don't like him, won't like him and know he is in a ton of highlight reels, for opposition WRs.

mraynrand
12-11-2017, 09:36 AM
You like losing? Randall is by far the teams best cornerback right now. He's totally turned things around since being benched against the Bears.

Absolutely.

George Cumby
12-11-2017, 09:46 AM

And here is where McCarthy is so good. Randall has the melt down, but we have no idea what really happened. McCarthy keep that under wraps. McCarthys got real leadership qualities and the players respond to it and you see it. Now if he’ll just let Rogers do the playcalling.

Fritz
12-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Dix has been terrible deep. Maybe need to put Dix in a box.

I see what you did there.