PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Other Games

pbmax
12-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Today traffic report brought to you by the Eagles.

Philadelphia Police @PhillyPolice
If you're in the area of 4th and Market, beware of traffic delays. A cow is loose. Again. No, we can't believe we're tweeting this either.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRAVVykWAAENXSQ.jpg:large

mraynrand
12-14-2017, 04:39 PM
That's how the Chicago fire got started, you know.

pbmax
12-16-2017, 05:25 PM
It took a good 30 seconds for me to determine this Tweet was about the Lions and that it was actually from today's (Sat) game.

Michael Rothstein@mikerothstein
Don Barclay has replaced T.J. Lang at right guard.

George Cumby
12-16-2017, 05:41 PM
It took a good 30 seconds for me to determine this Tweet was about the Lions and that it was actually from today's (Sat) game.

No shit? Hilarious.

Joemailman
12-16-2017, 05:57 PM
This just in. The Bears Still Suck.

Pugger
12-16-2017, 07:13 PM
I guess Ted was right to let Sitton and Lang go. Neither guy can stay healthy.

Rutnstrut
12-16-2017, 08:17 PM
I guess Ted was right to let Sitton and Lang go. Neither guy can stay healthy.

Because all the Packer's offensive lineman have been so solid this season?

mraynrand
12-16-2017, 11:33 PM

BRING BLACK BARCLAY!

Pugger
12-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Because all the Packer's offensive lineman have been so solid this season?

Solid or hurt? Bak looks like he is back to his old self. Evans has played very well most of the time. I'll not be surprised if we sign him again for 2018. Not many are disappointed in Sitton's replacement Lane Taylor. Lang is getting tackle money but can't stay on the field. Now Detroit is replacing Lang with everyone's favorite lineman Don Barclay. Spriggs seems to be getting better every week.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Yesterday, I ran into some people who actually thought the Chargers were going to do something significant this season.

I couldn't offer a point by point rebuttal except to say I would not be surprised if the "hot" AFC team lost to the falling Chiefs.

My best prediction in a month.

esoxx
12-17-2017, 03:56 PM
I think Seattle has come to the end of their run.

mraynrand
12-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Russell Wilson is a magician, but there's not much else on offense. And the defense is getting a bit long in the tooth. This eventually happens to every team that sees long-term success, except maybe NE.

esoxx
12-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Russell Wilson is a magician

I prefer the term "wizard."

But I smell what you're stepping in.

mraynrand
12-17-2017, 04:21 PM
I prefer the term "wizard."

But I smell what you're stepping in.

I thought Rodgers was Gandalf. Maybe Russell is a warlock. Maybe the dungeons and dragons or LOR guys can figure this out

woodbuck27
12-17-2017, 04:35 PM

I think Seattle will be OK.

They are suffering adversity this Season.

The NFC has finally developed into a tough Conference again.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Rachel Nichols @Rachel__Nichols
Tremendous reporting + super-creepy details in this @SInow story on the Panthers owner.
“Multiple female employees recalled to SI that Richardson asked them if he could personally shave their legs.”

http://is2.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple128/v4/87/1e/ad/871ead56-6316-2936-92dd-3655aeafe310/source/200x200bb.jpg

mraynrand
12-17-2017, 05:44 PM
I think Seattle will be OK.

They are suffering adversity this Season.

The NFC has finally developed into a tough Conference again.

Of course this is your take. But had the Packers been punked like this at home, we'd get an endless stream of your anti-TT, Stubby and Capers verbal diarrhea.

esoxx
12-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Of course this is your take. But had the Packers been punked like this at home, we'd get an endless stream of your anti-TT, Stubby and Capers verbal diarrhea.

I prefer the term "the cuts."

Fosco33
12-17-2017, 06:19 PM
I don't know what a TD is anymore. The steelers went two plays to go ahead - looked like a TD. Guy goes to ground and then is touched in the end zone as ball is moving.

Then a freak INT.

Over ruled two calls on the field today.

Joemailman
12-17-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't know what a TD is anymore. The steelers went two plays to go ahead - looked like a TD. Guy goes to ground and then is touched in the end zone as ball is moving.

Then a freak INT.

Over ruled two calls on the field today.

The problem is the rule. In reality, that's a catch and then he lost it after he crossed the goal line. But the way the rule is, I think they made the right call. Unbelievable ending. And a dumb play by Big Ben to throw a slant into triple coverage.

Iron Mike
12-17-2017, 06:48 PM

Maybe there should be another subforum called "Woodblock's Hot Taeks."

denverYooper
12-18-2017, 08:07 PM

Pete Carroll is just NOT a LEADER of MEN.

John Schneider just sits on his hands every offseason. He lucked out with Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson.

ThunderDan
12-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Pete Carroll is just NOT a LEADER of MEN.

John Schneider just sits on his hands every offseason. He lucked out with Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson.

Any GM would have picked Russell in the third round. I mean all gm’s had already passed on him twice. He fell into Schneider’s lap.

call_me_ishmael
12-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Any GM would have picked Russell in the third round. I mean all gm’s had already passed on him twice. He fell into Schneider’s lap.

Not so sure you can say this because if people knew what'd he become he'd be picked #2 behind Andrew Luck. If only Russ was 6'4", he would have been the #1 pick over Luck.

Bossman641
12-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Not so sure you can say this because if people knew what'd he become he'd be picked #2 behind Andrew Luck. If only Russ was 6'4", he would have been the #1 pick over Luck.

Hint: he's being facetious.

woodbuck27
12-19-2017, 12:19 AM
The problem is the rule. In reality, that's a catch and then he lost it after he crossed the goal line. But the way the rule is, I think they made the right call. Unbelievable ending. And a dumb play by Big Ben to throw a slant into triple coverage.

Bullshit. That was as you said a catch.

As soon as that ball was reached and crossed the plane of the Goal Line it was at that instant...A TOUCHDOWN !

The game is being ruined by shoddy Officiating or Officials that don't know the damn Rules. The NFL has to act Professional and hire Legit Pro Officials as any Pro League has the good sense to do.

The Game's being ruined by over commercialization and causing Fan interest to decline, NOT anything to do with rightful Protests. Look at the TD celebrations now literally mocking all that BS and no Protests. It's becoming something else all together again. You never know what the NEXT fricken surprize is going to be to F..K up a game.

I know this is a fact because I'm an NFL Pro Pickem dedicated NFL fan.

The NFL game of Football is turning into 'a Circus'.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 07:32 AM
Bullshit. That was as you said a catch.

As soon as that ball was reached and crossed the plane of the Goal Line it was at that instant...A TOUCHDOWN !

No, it was correctly ruled. The rule is going to the ground. Every ref has said the same thing. Your opinion doesn't count. Had he not been going to the ground during the catch, it would have been a TD. They could easily change the rule for goal line and end-zone. To say if the receiver has gained control of the ball in the end zone or breaking the plane, then a TD is rewarded and the play is over. That would get rid of the going to the ground silliness in the end zone at least.

hoosier
12-19-2017, 08:23 AM

The part that doesn't make sense to me is that there is no replay angle (at least not that CBS aired) showing that the ball clearly hit the ground. If it moves but the receiver's hand is cradling it and the ball never hits the ground, it's a catch. Was there a secret angle showing contact with the ground?

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 08:30 AM
The part that doesn't make sense to me is that there is no replay angle (at least not that CBS aired) showing that the ball clearly hit the ground. If it moves but the receiver's hand is cradling it and the ball never hits the ground, it's a catch. Was there a secret angle showing contact with the ground?

It seemed obvious to me that it moved in his hand because and after it hit the ground.

Bossman641
12-19-2017, 08:49 AM
This is more of a "around the league" discussion, but is the luster gone from Seattle? Is their window closing already?
- They are missing their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year due to trades for Sheldon Richardson and Duane Brown. They're also missing their 2nd round pick in 2019.
- Their defense was the third oldest to start the year (before injuries started)
- A lot of their key defensive players will be both old and coming off injury (Avril, Chancellor, Sherman)
- For years they have struggled with fielding a competent OL
- I'm certainly no expert on their cap situation but I think they have key decisions to make on Richardson, Brown, and Jimmy Graham
- They've had a large amount of internal fighting (Wilson/Sherman over the summer and Thomas/Wagner on Sunday)

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 08:55 AM
I thought the Packers were supposed to emulate the Seachickens. Or was it Dallas this year. ATL? Oh wait, MN? Oh hell, let me know, I can't keep up.

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 02:43 PM
I thought the Packers were supposed to emulate the Seachickens. Or was it Dallas this year. ATL? Oh wait, MN? Oh hell, let me know, I can't keep up.

The Rams.

ThunderDan
12-19-2017, 03:03 PM
The Rams.

Jacksonville Jags!

Fosco33
12-19-2017, 03:07 PM
No, it was correctly ruled. The rule is going to the ground. Every ref has said the same thing. Your opinion doesn't count. Had he not been going to the ground during the catch, it would have been a TD. They could easily change the rule for goal line and end-zone. To say if the receiver has gained control of the ball in the end zone or breaking the plane, then a TD is rewarded and the play is over. That would get rid of the going to the ground silliness in the end zone at least.

Refs called a similar play a TD for the Steelers vs Bengals early in 2016.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/WATCH-Officials-give-Steelers-a-TD-on-similar-play-back-in-2016-112426756

If he was hit causing him to go to the ground - then I may agree as the rule is written today. But he clearly caught it and fell/dove without getting touched.

At very least not consistent in the officiating. At worst - a terribly over complicated rule.

If it quacks like a duck...

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 03:12 PM
Refs called a similar play a TD for the Steelers vs Bengals earlier this year.

If he was hit causing him to go to the ground - then I may agree as the rule is written today. But he clearly caught it and fell/dove without getting touched.

At very least not consistent in the officiating. At worst - a terribly over complicated rule.

If it quacks like a duck...

I may be wrong but I thought it didn't matter about going to the ground - that it makes no difference whether you are hit or going on your own. If you are going to the ground you have to maintain possession all the way through your fall to the ground.

But I agree about changing the rule regardless of being hit: on TD plays, if you establish control of the ball in the end zone or establish control and it breaks the plane, that is, once the ball is in control in the end zone it's a TD and nothing after that should matter.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 03:13 PM
The Rams.

To do that, don't they have to get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft multiple years? How do they do that without sucking or trading with the Browns?

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Jacksonville Jags!

Tom Coughlin for defensive coordinator! Now all they need is a dominant front four rushing the passer.

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Tom Coughlin for defensive coordinator! Now all they need is a dominant front four rushing the passer.

TT didn't go after Calais Campbell when he had the chance!

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 03:28 PM
To do that, don't they have to get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft multiple years? How do they do that without sucking or trading with the Browns?

It worked for the 49ers... until it didn't. Scoops produced a lot of articles for 2-3 years about how the 49ers were bigger, stronger, and faster than the Packers.

hoosier
12-19-2017, 03:59 PM
It seemed obvious to me that it moved in his hand because and after it hit the ground.

It may seem that way to you but to overturn the call on the field there has to be irrefutable evidence. "Seems obvious" isn't irrefutable: the ball could have moved because his hand hit the ground.

hoosier
12-19-2017, 04:04 PM
I may be wrong but I thought it didn't matter about going to the ground - that it makes no difference whether you are hit or going on your own. If you are going to the ground you have to maintain possession all the way through your fall to the ground.

But I agree about changing the rule regardless of being hit: on TD plays, if you establish control of the ball in the end zone or establish control and it breaks the plane, that is, once the ball is in control in the end zone it's a TD and nothing after that should matter.

That doesn't make any sense. Let's take an extreme case: guy catches the ball going to the ground on his back as he enters the endzone; he's cradling the ball in his chest, but it moves as his back hits the ground. The ball, though moving, never leaves his chest, which is pointed up to the sky, until he finally secures it. If the ball never hits the ground and the player never goes out of bounds, it cannot not be a catch.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 04:04 PM
It may seem that way to you but to overturn the call on the field there has to be irrefutable evidence. "Seems obvious" isn't irrefutable: the ball could have moved because his hand hit the ground.

OK, I see what you're saying. The refs thought it was irrefutable. The irony of course is that they generally hate to overturn their ruling on the field, so they kinda look like chumps twice over in this call, from your perspective (which a lot of people agree with).

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 04:08 PM
That doesn't make any sense. Let's take an extreme case: guy catches the ball going to the ground on his back as he enters the endzone; he's cradling the ball in his chest, but it moves as his back hits the ground. The ball, though moving, never leaves his chest, which is pointed up to the sky, until he finally secures it. If the ball never hits the ground and the player never goes out of bounds, it cannot not be a catch.

I don't get your example - seems like a simple TD. All I'm saying is that if a player has control of the ball in the end zone it should be a TD. The refs would rule on the control, not on whether he lost control going to the ground. It's much like the rule with the runner stretching to score a goal. It doesn't matter if it gets knocked out after it crosses the goal, just has to have control and cross the goal.