PDA

View Full Version : Gaim

Partial
09-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Any thoughts on why windows xp gaim 1.5 would randomly error out when connecting to the msn network? It was working fine, then all of a sudden started wigging out. God, I hate windows. Ubuntu and OS X are so much nicer!!!!!

MadtownPacker
09-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I spoke to my homeboy Gates the snake and he said some thugs will be coming by to break your keyboard.

Partial
09-08-2006, 10:44 PM
I spoke to my homeboy Gates the snake and he said some thugs will be coming by to break your keyboard.

Thats a shame 'cause you're just the man I was looking to get on MSN to talk to. Hang on, let me bust out the laptop. I'll be on in a couple minutes.

Zool
09-09-2006, 10:08 AM

Thats a shame 'cause you're just the man I was looking to get on MSN to talk to. Hang on, let me bust out the laptop. I'll be on in a couple minutes.Dont use GAIM. Its pretty much worthless. If you want an altogether IM program, use Trillian.

BallHawk
09-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, Trillian works really well.

CyclonePackFan
09-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Any thoughts on why windows xp gaim 1.5 would randomly error out when connecting to the msn network? It was working fine, then all of a sudden started wigging out. God, I hate windows. Ubuntu and OS X are so much nicer!!!!!

I'm not a techie, but I think I've pinpointed your problem...

windows xp <-------There it is

All will bow to the might of Linux

Also, this is my first time seeing this:

:beat:

And personally, I think it kicks ass.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 11:06 AM

And personally, I think it kicks ass.Thanks to Iron Mike for it.

CyclonePackFan
09-09-2006, 11:08 AM

And personally, I think it kicks ass.Thanks to Iron Mike for it.

Well then, Thanks to Iron Mike. Well done.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 11:23 AM
an...and thank Greg Jennings for these:

:crazy:
:bow:

GBRulz
09-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Mad, there are some good ones on here.....

http://messenger.yahoo.com/hiddenemoticons.php

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 11:55 AM

http://messenger.yahoo.com/hiddenemoticons.phpTell me which ones you want.

Partial
09-09-2006, 03:44 PM

Thats a shame 'cause you're just the man I was looking to get on MSN to talk to. Hang on, let me bust out the laptop. I'll be on in a couple minutes.Dont use GAIM. Its pretty much worthless. If you want an altogether IM program, use Trillian.

Bah, Gaim is where its at. I don't like the extra fluff. I will be the first to admit though, that the open-source gaim libraries are lacking and are really, really bad for file transfer.

I personally LOVE adiumx. There has never been a better chat program. Especially since the new beta is getting away from the Gaim libraries.

Rastak
09-09-2006, 03:47 PM

It runs great on Suse and Ubuntu....

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 06:31 PM

http://messenger.yahoo.com/hiddenemoticons.phpTell me which ones you want.

I think B would like the one of the two girl emoticons gettin frisky.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2006, 06:36 PM
I think B would like the one of the two girl emoticons gettin frisky.Is there really one like that?

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I think B would like the one of the two girl emoticons gettin frisky.Is there really one like that?

I have no idea. I just made that up.