PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 15 @ Panthers

pbmax
12-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Blah. Lotta mediocre football in the second half.

Perry out with an ankle, Adams out with concussion.

But we do have this:

https://preview.ibb.co/iCGNS6/IMG_4217.jpg

Joemailman
12-17-2017, 03:43 PM
I think Thomas Davis guaranteed there will be a targeting rule next year. Really bothered me that he was out there making plays after he illegally knocked Packers best receiver out of the game. It will bother the owners too.

Fosco33
12-17-2017, 03:44 PM
If you look close. You'll see me scowling in the background.

ThunderDan
12-17-2017, 03:59 PM
I think Thomas Davis guaranteed there will be a targeting rule next year. Really bothered me that he was out there making plays after he illegally knocked Packers best receiver out of the game. It will bother the owners too.

Yup, that hit is pure shit. Just like the player Thomas Davis.

Here is the rule I would propose.

Automatic ejection and if you injury the player you have to sit out as many weeks as the player you injury does. If it take 3 weeks to clear the concussion protocol the offending player sits out 3 weeks.

beveaux1
12-17-2017, 04:00 PM

Automatic ejection and if you injury the player you have to sit out as many weeks as the player you injury does. If it take 3 weeks to clear the concussion protocol the offending player sits out 3 weeks.

I like the rule.

beveaux1
12-17-2017, 04:01 PM
I like the rule.

Except that I would say "at least".

esoxx
12-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Blah. Lotta mediocre football in the second half.

Perry out with an ankle, Adams out with concussion.

But we do have this:

https://preview.ibb.co/iCGNS6/IMG_4217.jpg

Kind of looks like one of those fake "Hulk" novelty hands they sell to fans at the stadium.

Certainly was a blatant, cheap dirty hit on Adams though.

Teamcheez1
12-17-2017, 04:04 PM
I like the college rule with the automatic ejection.

mraynrand
12-17-2017, 04:06 PM
As always with these things, I'm disappointed that the Packers' offense didn't lay this guy out next time on the field.

esoxx
12-17-2017, 04:08 PM
As always with these things, I'm disappointed that the Packers' offense didn't lay this guy out next time on the field.

Hopefully they can break Anthony Barr's leg next week.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Per the touchdown Jones allowed:

James Light‏ @JamesALight
Not the first time Green Bay has struggled versus that H Post concept. Lions have run that on them also for a red zone TD. In this example they turned the shallow loose instead of the H Post. Literally the exact same play and pre-snap motion.

https://twitter.com/jamesalight/status/942462085895729154

Cam acknowledges Packers do their film homework:

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/942468499556900864

Guiness
12-17-2017, 05:12 PM

I can't see a 'thin skull' rule flying in the NFL.

The hit on Adams was brutal. As I watched Rodgers targeting Allison on the last 2 possessions I couldn't help but wonder how differently they would have gone if Adams was out there. They seemed to lose the ability to stretch the field.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 05:14 PM
I can't see a 'thin skull' rule flying in the NFL.

The hit on Adams was brutal. As I watched Rodgers targeting Allison on the last 2 possessions I couldn't help but wonder how differently they would have gone if Adams was out there. They seemed to lose the ability to stretch the field.

The fact that two veteran LBs have gone after Adams makes me think its no coincidence. If I were the Packers brass, I would be jumping up and down on ESPN until something changes.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Ran into Julius Peppers in the hallway and he said on his sack of Aaron Rodgers, he wanted two things: To get the ball and to make sure Rodgers didn't get hurt. He also said, "Be kind to the guys back there." He clearly feels strongly about the Packers...

https://t.co/Tw3ZOmqi4n

At this point I don't know if I have become more fond of Woodson or Peppers.

woodbuck27
12-17-2017, 05:20 PM

That absolutely had to be an easy call of an automatic Ejection.

Further minimum 2 Game (s) Suspension and a minimum $ 50 K $ Fine.

That was the most idiotic Bush move I've seen since SAPP's Shit head useless blind side Block on Packer LT Chad Clifton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBpEIRaGq2U

pittstang5
12-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Ran into Julius Peppers in the hallway and he said on his sack of Aaron Rodgers, he wanted two things: To get the ball and to make sure Rodgers didn't get hurt. He also said, "Be kind to the guys back there." He clearly feels strongly about the Packers...

That's pretty freakin cool.

red
12-17-2017, 06:19 PM

i like the way college does it. throw the flag, then go look at it. if it was incidental, then its just a 15 yards penalty. if its not, then the player is ejected

Pugger
12-17-2017, 07:44 PM

Not even attempting to resign Peppers was one of Ted's bigger blunders.

George Cumby
12-17-2017, 08:38 PM
For a few laughs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/7kgd24/your_minnesota_vikings_are_2017_nfc_north/

Joemailman
12-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Today seemed to confirm that unless Jordy is hurt, he's about done. He looks like Driver at the end of his career. Cobb, on the other hand, showed some spark. Had his best game of the year, and it would have been even better if Arod hadn't underthrown him on the INT.

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 09:08 PM

BINGO

Along with ignoring the glaring hole in FA and then the draft....well unlessy you count Fackrell and Biegel our solutions....that losing Jones and Peppers and replacing them with those two is laughable.........and this is from a guy who appreciates Biegel....as a guy who hopefully helps us in a couple years. Some are not as high on him as I am

mraynrand
12-17-2017, 09:15 PM

I'm not so sure. Peppers looks pretty done, even in a pretty good defense with some solid pass linemen around him.

Maybe TT could have gone after a vet pass rusher, but I can't recall who was really available and the odds are he'd be on the Patriots by now anyway.

pbmax
12-17-2017, 10:05 PM
BINGO

Along with ignoring the glaring hole in FA and then the draft....well unlessy you count Fackrell and Biegel our solutions....that losing Jones and Peppers and replacing them with those two is laughable.........and this is from a guy who appreciates Biegel....as a guy who hopefully helps us in a couple years. Some are not as high on him as I am

How many plays did you see Peppers make today?

Rutnstrut
12-17-2017, 10:26 PM
How many plays did you see Peppers make today?

For sure. Peppers has been done for awhile.

call_me_ishmael
12-17-2017, 11:09 PM

This was obvious to me too. All class. He clearly could have laid the wood but did not. Nothing but respect for big Julius.

call_me_ishmael
12-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Peppers has 10 sacks this year. Do the Packers cumulatively have that. Okay obviously joking about the latter, but pretty tough to call a guy with double digit sacks done or washed up when nobody on our squad is close to sniffing that.

Bossman641
12-18-2017, 06:36 AM
Peppers has 10 sacks this year. Do the Packers cumulatively have that. Okay obviously joking about the latter, but pretty tough to call a guy with double digit sacks done or washed up when nobody on our squad is close to sniffing that.

Panthers d is a lot more talented then ours. He can turn it on now and then but isn't an every down player.

pbmax
12-18-2017, 07:10 AM
Panthers d is a lot more talented then ours. He can turn it on now and then but isn't an every down player.

He can do it once or twice a game. But that was part of the problem last year and this year, it only happens once or twice a game.

mission
12-18-2017, 07:44 AM
You guys remember that it was Thomas Davis who ended Terrance Murphy's career? The guy is a scumbag and only hurt he was feeling on the sideline was the massive fine he knew was coming being a repeat offender.

pbmax
12-18-2017, 07:45 AM
You guys remember that it was Thomas Davis who ended Terrance Murphy's career? The guy is a scumbag and only hurt he was feeling on the sideline was the massive fine he knew was coming being a repeat offender.

Good pull out of the memory hole mish.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2017, 07:47 AM
Matthews is getting to be about the same. The problem is, he still is probably the best the Packers have as a linebacker anyway. We're simply outmanned on both offense and defense. All it takes is for Aaron Rodgers to come back and play slightly less than super, and it all becomes obvious.

Pugger
12-18-2017, 07:47 AM
BINGO

I donno if Jones was that big of a loss...

Ted did try to address this in FA with Brooks and Jean-Francois.

Pugger
12-18-2017, 07:50 AM
He can do it once or twice a game. But that was part of the problem last year and this year, it only happens once or twice a game.

But look at when he does! He came up big when his team really needed him too.

Pugger
12-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Matthews is getting to be about the same. The problem is, he still is probably the best the Packers have as a linebacker anyway. We're simply outmanned on both offense and defense. All it takes is for Aaron Rodgers to come back and play slightly less than super, and it all becomes obvious.

Slightly less than super? Aaron was dreadful yesterday but that was mostly rust.

pbmax
12-18-2017, 08:14 AM

3 INTS is significantly lower than 'slightly less than super'. Its a Chad Henne game.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2017, 08:26 AM
He was dreadful only by Aaron Rodgers standards. That's my point. He simply can't be just ordinary, as mediocre as the rest of the team has gotten, if the Packers are gonna win.

pbmax
12-18-2017, 08:33 AM
He was dreadful only by Aaron Rodgers standards. That's my point. He simply can't be just ordinary, as mediocre as the rest of the team has gotten, if the Packers are gonna win.

3 INTs projects to 48 for the season. Vinnie Interceptaverde never got above 35. Its inhumanly bad.

Tony Oday
12-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Matthews is terrible. He is on the ground more than grass seed.

3irty1
12-18-2017, 09:10 AM
There is a disconnect right now between how hard Rodgers thinks he's throwing it and how hard its actually being thrown. The INTS were not bad decisions, just bad throws. He needs calibration.

The main take away from this game and this season is that targeting players with dangerous hits is worth it. Advocate for a rule changes, but also prepare to make dangerous hits a part of our own strategy going forward. Most of the NFL's starpower this year was usurped by healthy mediocrity. Time to take Brooks off his meds and load up on more violent maniacs like him.

Smidgeon
12-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Today seemed to confirm that unless Jordy is hurt, he's about done. He looks like Driver at the end of his career. Cobb, on the other hand, showed some spark. Had his best game of the year, and it would have been even better if Arod hadn't underthrown him on the INT.

Except when Driver was done, he was #5 on the depth chart. Jordy is #2. The Pack need another WR. It isn't Davis, Janis, or Allison. Unless Clark makes a huuuuuge jump...

Harlan Huckleby
12-18-2017, 12:10 PM
He clearly could have laid the wood but did not. Nothing but respect for big Julius.

wood. big Julius.

QBME
12-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Thomas Davis suspended two games for the hit on Devante Adams, which really translates to a one game suspension after appeal.

Guiness
12-18-2017, 03:59 PM
There is a disconnect right now between how hard Rodgers thinks he's throwing it and how hard its actually being thrown. The INTS were not bad decisions, just bad throws. He needs calibration.

The main take away from this game and this season is that targeting players with dangerous hits is worth it. Advocate for a rule changes, but also prepare to make dangerous hits a part of our own strategy going forward. Most of the NFL's starpower this year was usurped by healthy mediocrity. Time to take Brooks off his meds and load up on more violent maniacs like him.

It looked to me like the problem on the INTs thrown to Cobb and Nelson were Rodgers overestimating his arm strength. On the Cobb throw, it needed to be a little flatter, on the one to Nelson, it was underthrown. I wonder if it's not all the way back, but he doesn't recognize it?

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Thomas Davis suspended two games for the hit on Devante Adams, which really translates to a one game suspension after appeal.

Correct. It's been reduced to 1 game.

pbmax
12-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Brian Baldinger breaks down the slant for TD that Jones and Martinez seemed to give up WAY too easily. Basically a play action pass that worked WAY to well.

My first reaction is that you can't play off if you are playing man or a zone if you are sending pressure. Hard to see on this end zone shot.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/943304894576029698

RashanGary
12-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Didn’t Thomas Davis also knock Terrence Murphy out of the NFL in 2005 with a head shot? We gotta watch that guy.