PDA

View Full Version : WHAT SHOUD WE DO WITH AROD THE LAST TWO GAMES ??

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 08:44 PM
What should we do with AROD the rest of the season ?

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Seems to be the question of the week; the season is done. I'd spin it that we know he's not 100% and we want to give an opportunity for the others.

And get the draft pick

Joemailman
12-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Play him. He makes 20 million a year to play. There was no guarantee when he signed the contract that the Packers would be in the playoffs every year.

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 08:53 PM
he's not 100%; we win two and we just get a lesser player in the draft.
When he landed on that shoulder today and was chatting with the doctor on the sideline today it seemed something was up.
Shut him down; in the end whether we go 7-9 or 9-7.....does not matter

Joemailman
12-17-2017, 09:06 PM
he's not 100%; we win two and we just get a lesser player in the draft.
When he landed on that shoulder today and was chatting with the doctor on the sideline today it seemed something was up.
Shut him down; in the end whether we go 7-9 or 9-7.....does not matter

Most guys this time of year aren't 100%. Wanna just forfeit the games?

gbgary
12-17-2017, 09:12 PM
season's all but done. shut him down.

George Cumby
12-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Play him.

Bretsky
12-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Most guys this time of year aren't 100%. Wanna just forfeit the games?

you might be asking the wrong guy on this one; I enjoyed the NFL this year...the Packers..not so much

If 7-9 gives us pick 13 and 9-7 gives us pick 20 I'm more than happy picking 13th

pbmax
12-17-2017, 10:06 PM
No reason to risk an 80% collarbone with plates. He got banged around enough today.

But I do not expect them to sit him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2017, 10:12 PM
I'd sit him only if Atlanta wins tomorrow night.

Bossman641
12-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Sit him if Atlanta wins

call_me_ishmael
12-17-2017, 11:06 PM
What is the upside to playing him? This is a no brainer in my opinion.

Zool
12-17-2017, 11:41 PM
I’m with Joe. He makes $20mil to sell tickets and advertising. Why not sit all of the starters for the next 2 games just in case? If he takes a reduced salary for being a healthy scratch then yes.

Pugger
12-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Play him for 2 reasons.

#1: if his shoulder isn't reinjured and we sit him that sends a bad message to the rest of the guys. The other starters will be out there risking themselves when they aren't 100% but the team leader gets to sit it out and rest? You can be sure other teams in our situation are not doing this.

#2: do we really want Aaron's last game of the season to be that disaster going into the offseason? If there is a chance to end the season on a positive note, why not? Aaron said in his post game presser that unless he is told otherwise he plans on playing Saturday night. I for one would love to beat MN and see if we keep them from getting HFA and see if we can knock Detroit out of the postseason too. You can be certain if the tables were turned those teams would try to do the same damn thing to us.

pbmax
12-18-2017, 07:44 AM
I will say this, if you sit him, you might need to be ready to fire some coaches.

Because it will hurt the relationship with the players in the locker room. Not sure many 11+ year head coaches have survived even a short tank.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2017, 07:59 AM
"mentor the back ups"? Callahan is gone, right? Hundley is the only back up right now. Rodgers still has to be available if Hundley gets hurt - unless we re-sign Callahan or bring in somebody else. I agree with Pugger, sitting him is probably bad for team morale. Maybe sharing time with Hundley is best - showcase Hundley for a probable trade. It's about like preseason the rest of the way.

Cheesehead Craig
12-18-2017, 08:37 AM
"mentor the back ups"? Callahan is gone, right? Hundley is the only back up right now. Rodgers still has to be available if Hundley gets hurt - unless we re-sign Callahan or bring in somebody else. I agree with Pugger, sitting him is probably bad for team morale. Maybe sharing time with Hundley is best - showcase Hundley for a probable trade. It's about like preseason the rest of the way.

Showcase Hundley? He's already played 7 games, he's all shown out. He's not getting traded because he isn't worth trading for.

Vincenzo
12-18-2017, 04:02 PM
season's all but done. shut him down.
+ ONE

denverYooper
12-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Funny thing... I have had 2 different people ask me if Rodgers is going to seek to get out of Green Bay. They heard he was "unhappy". I'm under the assumption there is some rumor floating around amongst Broncos fans that ARod might somehow wind up in Denver because I have not heard it anywhere else.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2017, 06:47 PM
I wonder if it's the same idiots hating on Hundley as hate Capers so much? Or a different set of idiots?

Bretsky
12-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Atlanta wins; there is the final dagger

Shut him down

woodbuck27
12-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Seems to be the question of the week; the season is done. I'd spin it that we know he's not 100% and we want to give an opportunity for the others.

And get the draft pick

That is absolutely the correct option.

The Packers are done this Season. Let Aaron Rodgers heal totally.

If they (TT and MM) allow Aaron Rodgers to play and he gets more serious damage Packer Nation will be fully justified in asking for TT and MM's heads on a platter.

Will they be so stupid as to allow such a risk?

Only if they are as stupid as I see both being; and both TT and MM have a LOCK on their positions as GM and HC respectively.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 07:43 AM
I heard Erin Andrews say during the Carolina broadcast that Rodgers told her if they weren't in contention for the playoffs, he wouldn't have played because he isn't 100%. I'm guessing one more week didn't get him to 100% and they have nothing to play for, so - even though I want them to crush the life out of the Vikings - there is absolutely no reason to play him if he isn't 100%. Good luck, Hundley. I hope you light MN up. What I most want to see is Barr buried in the Lambeau turf. Send a message that that shit isn't going to be tolerated. #58 for Carolina needed to be buried as well and wasn't, so I'm betting the pussified NFL players won't make it happen.

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 11:24 AM
A Packer win would end the Vikings chances of having home field advantage through the playoffs. Would anyone be more inclined to want Rodgers to play if it lessens the Vikings chances of winning the Super Bowl?

Carolina_Packer
12-19-2017, 11:32 AM
With Atlanta's win ending the Packers slim playoff hopes, and with Joe Callahan having been re-signed, it would seem pretty clear that A-Rod will now sit it out the rest of the year. It's what's best in the long run.

Rutnstrut
12-19-2017, 01:03 PM
A Packer win would end the Vikings chances of having home field advantage through the playoffs. Would anyone be more inclined to want Rodgers to play if it lessens the Vikings chances of winning the Super Bowl?

Even with Rodgers they wouldn't beat the vikings. Mn is really good this year, and GB is not good.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Even with Rodgers they wouldn't beat the vikings. Mn is really good this year, and GB is not good.

Packers showed a lot better against Carolina than the Vikings, negative Nancy.

yetisnowman
12-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Agree that if he still feels hampered or less than 80 ish percent he shouldn't play. Otherwise he should. I have a tough time laying down to the Vikings/Lions with their playoff situation on the line. Barring injury Hundley and Callahan don't have a future here. Throw callahan in if the game isn't close in the 2nd half.

pbmax
12-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Packers showed a lot better against Carolina than the Vikings, negative Nancy.

Yeah, I kinda think that too. But I cannot get the 4 minute offense the Panthers went into for the 4th quarter. The play calling reminded me of the last Panther game in Carolina.

I would almost call the final result a decent one if not for the sneaking suspicion that the Panthers just stopped passing. Should go back and look at the play calls. Packers were able to crowd up to the LOS and play much more aggressive with the run looks the Panthers were showing. Panthers did well when they went one back and spread the Packers out to pass.

I have the same basic suspicion of the run defense. That they weren't tested under typical game close conditions.

I half wish Capers would have said screw it about big play and played everyone within 15 yards. But that is just choosing different holes to plug when there are more holes than plugs.

Fosco33
12-19-2017, 02:05 PM

Come on...

If the outcome was true - then why'd he play vs Falcons at all?

I'd say we can beat Queens with Hundley.

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Green Bay Packers‏Verified account @packers

#Packers place QB Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve & sign QB Joe Callahan.

Fosco33
12-19-2017, 03:10 PM
No shock. Good call

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 03:24 PM
No shock. Good call

agree. Rodgers is a competitor. You knew he wanted to play again badly, but no reason to be stupid about it. Also a reminder they play for championships.

Teamcheez1
12-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Now if they can just put Capers on IR - Infinite Retirement.

Rutnstrut
12-19-2017, 03:32 PM
At least with Rodgers out stubby may actually run the ball.

call_me_ishmael
12-19-2017, 03:32 PM
I am sure Aaron is happy to be shut down. He's got a huge pay check coming and if he got Bridgewater'd he'd likely get less or have to wait a year to get it.

call_me_ishmael
12-19-2017, 03:33 PM

LOL, this made me laugh. Well done!

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 03:33 PM
M3 just mentioned in his PC there would be more roster moves coming yet.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 04:15 PM
M3 just mentioned in his PC there would be more roster moves coming yet.

There are other guys hurt who will go to IR. Perry for sure.

Fosco33
12-19-2017, 04:25 PM
Hope they sit Adams and anyone else with lingering issues. and follow Brewers lead by giving free parking /beer/food vouchers.

Fosco33
12-19-2017, 04:29 PM
"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 04:31 PM
and follow Brewers lead by giving free parking /beer/food vouchers.

I'd like to see that super rowdy crowd at the Vikings game. I'd go, but we already have visitors for Christmas Eve.

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 04:33 PM
"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

I like the attitude.

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see that super rowdy crowd at the Vikings game. I'd go, but we already have visitors for Christmas Eve.

Same here. Some of the best games I've been to have been the Xmas week game in down years.

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Now somebody can kneecap Barr without worrying about retaliation on Rodgers.

ThunderDan
12-19-2017, 05:13 PM

We just merged our company with another company. We now have a corporate box at Lambeau. Tickets for Vikings game already passed out to clients. I can’t wait until next season!

pbmax
12-19-2017, 06:53 PM
We just merged our company with another company. We now have a corporate box at Lambeau. Tickets for Vikings game already passed out to clients. I can’t wait until next season!

TDan, friend, buddy, pal, what can I do for you?

:lol:

pbmax
12-19-2017, 06:55 PM

Tell us how you really feel TC :D

pbmax
12-19-2017, 06:56 PM
I am sure Aaron is happy to be shut down. He's got a huge pay check coming and if he got Bridgewater'd he'd likely get less or have to wait a year to get it.

Please tell me you are kidding. The guy is Jordan level competitive with slightly fewer self destructive tendencies.

pbmax
12-19-2017, 06:56 PM
There are other guys hurt who will go to IR. Perry for sure.

Perry was in rehab group, unless it goes bad, he's gonna play again this season.

Adams still in protocol.

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 07:11 PM

Please tell me you are kidding. The guy is Jordan level competitive with slightly fewer self destructive tendencies.

“The decision to put Aaron on injured reserve was really a product of a number of different factors, and really, frankly, was what we felt was best for Aaron,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “He was sore, took a number of hits in Sunday’s game. We felt this was the best decision.

“He’s not happy about it. It’s a hard day for him. This is not the way — I don’t think — any player wants to see their season come to a conclusion, being on IR. We all understand and appreciate and respect his competitive spirit, but we felt as an organization this was in his best interest..

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Perry was in rehab group, unless it goes bad, he's gonna play again this season.

should be shut down IMO

call_me_ishmael
12-19-2017, 09:43 PM

I stand corrected. On the other hand, what else are they going to say publicly? Aaron was obviously going to get paid either way because he's Aaron Rodgers but the meaningless hits he takes, the more likely he is to see every dollar of the biggest contract in NFL history that's coming his way.

Carolina_Packer
12-20-2017, 11:19 AM

Can we get a two for one deal and force TT out the door, too? His approach to team building is financially sound, and keeps the roster churning with young up and coming players, but the evaluations have obviously missed the mark. Lately he has let go of guys who can still play (Hayward and Hyde to name a couple) and drafted some duds with higher round picks (Datone, Worthy, Thornton, Fackrell). The depth is all super-inexperienced, like it was last year. He will only sign free agents that do not cause him to lose compensatory picks, which are nice, and build the bottom of the roster, but generally do nothing for much impact. You better have better scouting and evaluations if you are going to limit the way you build the team.

woodbuck27
12-23-2017, 04:12 PM

Yea.... that would demonstrate a lot of brains. That would only demonstrate one thing HATRED.... :whaa:

Your better than that arn't you.

woodbuck27
12-23-2017, 04:13 PM

Impressive.

mraynrand
12-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Yea.... that would demonstrate a lot of brains. That would only demonstrate one thing HATRED.... :whaa:

Your better than that arn't you.

It's a rivalry, you tiresome scold.