PDA

View Full Version : HOW EXCITED are you about this week and then next-Your Mindset

Bretsky
12-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Your Mindset as a spoiled Packer Fan...:)

Bretsky
12-19-2017, 06:34 PM
it's not like we're the Cleveland Browns draining in mysery. But I sense and have sensed a complete apathy/state of learned helplessness once AROD went down. Where are ya at now ?

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Kind of apathetic. Not sure we'll learn anything about the players from these games that we don't already know. Points of interest now are on the off-season. Will there be coaching changes? Who will they draft?etc.

Bretsky
12-19-2017, 06:39 PM
Hate to admit it but I'm there too; I'll watch it if my son wants to. And I'll probably be net surfing and paying attention off and on. I hope to see some development and while I'll get lit up for this I'm fine if they fall the last two games and get a top draft pick to help us make the run next year. Every year there are only so many elite prospects. Maybe this year we get one that helps us reload.

denverYooper
12-19-2017, 06:43 PM
I'll be excited to see who keeps their job.

Joemailman
12-19-2017, 06:54 PM
My apathy is due in large part to the decision to shut Rodgers down. If the team doesn't think the game matters, why should I? If Rodgers was playing, I'd be interested to see Rodgers and Co. try to beat the Vikings.

Rutnstrut
12-19-2017, 09:26 PM
I'm excited to see if stubby actually uses the RB's. It would be an excellent time to run, run, run. Not that it matters. Next season when AR is back he won't run the ball anyway.

Freak Out
12-19-2017, 09:31 PM
Not much here....two games to go and the Packers are done? Fuck...

mraynrand
12-19-2017, 10:26 PM
It's minnesota. I want to see them crushed and pulverized to dust. I want to see Barr beaten to a bloody pulp and crying for his mommy as they drag him off the field. Merry Christmas.

Freak Out
12-20-2017, 12:35 AM
Ha ha! Love it. Take as many Queens down as possible and move on. ��

pbmax
12-20-2017, 08:19 AM
SPRIGGS WATCH, beating the Vikings and praying for Hundley's development+McCarthy running an offense FOR him are all reasons to tune in live.

denverYooper
12-20-2017, 08:49 AM
I'm curious to see what happens with the D. Coaches are likely to be on alert that jobs could be at stake.

denverYooper
12-20-2017, 08:50 AM
It's minnesota. I want to see them crushed and pulverized to dust. I want to see Barr beaten to a bloody pulp and crying for his mommy as they drag him off the field. Merry Christmas.

I hope they have some extra plays that get the Ripper on him.

Tony Oday
12-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Wont watch another minute of it if I don't have too.

gbgary
12-20-2017, 04:07 PM
i'll watch, and cuss, and be absolutely fine with two more losses.

Guiness
12-20-2017, 04:23 PM
Where does everybody think they're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Christmas time game. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm Packer emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas week-end game since the Pack kicked the Cowboy's asses up and down the frozen tundra in Super Bowl II! And when Cory Linsley squeezes his fat white ass down into Packer tights that night, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of cheese heads this side of the Lambeau Field! (with apologies to Clark Griswold!)

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2017, 04:56 PM
You fucking loser snowflakes who are moping about because your favorite team didn't get in the playoffs.

There are no bad packer games. They are fun because you know the players. Even the shitty games are sort of fun, you can complain and write mean things in the game days thread.

I hate you brooding die hard fans and will fight you if you don't like it. Pussy! Spoil sport!

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Where does everybody think they're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Christmas time game.

yes.

pbmax
12-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Where does everybody think they're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Christmas time game. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm Packer emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas week-end game since the Pack kicked the Cowboy's asses up and down the frozen tundra in Super Bowl II! And when Cory Linsley squeezes his fat white ass down into Packer tights that night, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of cheese heads this side of the Lambeau Field! (with apologies to Clark Griswold!)

Good and apropos. But not as funny as the best movie line ever:

“Every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so.”

mraynrand
12-21-2017, 07:28 AM

this is good copy.

Guiness
12-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Good and apropos. But not as funny as the best movie line ever:

“Every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so.”

What made me think of it was ayn saying "Merry Christmas" and quite obviously not meaning it. Reminded me of Clark greeting Mr. Shirley's entourage...Merry Christmas. Kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

bobblehead
12-21-2017, 08:53 AM
I watch the packers. Its what I do. Its the reason I don't shriek and freak out and cry like a schoolgirl "we're just like the Browns without arod"....cuz I watch the games.

denverYooper
12-21-2017, 08:58 AM
I will be watching the games. I want them to plant the dirty-ass Vikings in the turf on Saturday and put a dent in their hopes of getting HFA.

pbmax
12-21-2017, 08:59 AM
What made me think of it was ayn saying "Merry Christmas" and quite obviously not meaning it. Reminded me of Clark greeting Mr. Shirley's entourage...Merry Christmas. Kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

I think rand has a piece of government plastic in his head.

pbmax
12-21-2017, 09:00 AM
I will be watching the games. I want them to plant the dirty-ass Vikings in the turf on Saturday and put a dent in their hopes of getting HFA.

No better feeling (maybe outright domination so game is over mid-3rd Quarter) than beating a rival with backups.

mraynrand
12-21-2017, 11:47 AM
I think rand has a piece of government plastic in his head.

do you really think it makes any difference?

mraynrand
12-21-2017, 11:49 AM

I like when he goes in to give the boss a gift, and the table is filled with wrapped but obviously identical gifts.

George Cumby
12-21-2017, 01:09 PM
I like when he goes in to give the boss a gift, and the table is filled with wrapped but obviously identical gifts.

My kids love that movie. My favourite part is Beverly D’Angelo.

Bretsky
12-21-2017, 01:32 PM
No Davante; I think they might table him. Perry and Matthews might miss as well

I'm looking forward to watching Beigel.........and cussing our Spiggs and Fackrell for being JAGS

wist43
12-21-2017, 07:00 PM
As the years tic by, and Rodgers is closer to retiring... It is beginning to feel like the hopelessness of the 70's and 80's again.

This regime thinks they are doing all the right things, and will never make the necessary changes.

Vincenzo
12-22-2017, 01:55 AM
As the years tic by, and Rodgers is closer to retiring... It is beginning to feel like the hopelessness of the 70's and 80's again.

This regime thinks they are doing all the right things, and will never make the necessary changes.
So true. This season was the first I can recall being eliminated so early, so feeling hopeless as a fan right now is pretty much it.
I was surprised at how bad our team was without Aaron Rodgers this year.

bobblehead
12-22-2017, 06:09 AM
So true. This season was the first I can recall being eliminated so early, so feeling hopeless as a fan right now is pretty much it.
I was surprised at how bad our team was without Aaron Rodgers this year.

You were surprised we were almost .500 without our starting QB?

denverYooper
12-22-2017, 07:57 AM
I will be very surprised if they don't use this year to make some changes that set them up for a very good 3-5 year run... APRH/ARRH.

Besides getting a higher draft pick, they will have first choice over any coaches who are let go. Playing into the postseason shrinks the talent pool there as well.

pbmax
12-22-2017, 08:51 AM
In the hopelessness of the 70s and 80s wasn't .500 the best kind of season?

ThunderDan
12-22-2017, 10:18 AM

What over the top bullshit.

This is nothing like the hopelessness of the 70's and 80's.

Oh, boo hoo, our QB got placed on IR and we went .500 for the season missing the playoffs for the first time in 8 years.

We had 4 winning seasons in the 70s and 80s.

We went to the playoffs twice and one of the years was the strike year.

Guiness
12-22-2017, 10:22 AM
You were surprised we were almost .500 without our starting QB?

3-5 is .375 and is certainly NOT almost .500

I think a lot of us were surprised at how bad the Packers looked without Rodgers. Before Rodger's injury the talking heads, without exception, went on and on about how good a team and how deep the talent was on the Packers. How they kept winning despite injuries, changes on OL, etc.

Just how bad they looked, particularly in the loss to the Ravens, and being down by 2 TDs to the Browns was a surprise.

ThunderDan
12-22-2017, 10:30 AM

I think a lot of us were surprised at how bad the Packers looked without Rodgers. Before Rodger's injury the talking heads, without exception, went on and on about how good a team and how deep the talent was on the Packers. How they kept winning despite injuries, changes on OL, etc.

Just how bad they looked, particularly in the loss to the Ravens, and being down by 2 TDs to the Browns was a surprise.

Hard to count the MINN game where he got thrown in the fire after ARod went down. Starting Hundley went 3-4.

Smidgeon
12-22-2017, 11:02 AM

There were some bad games. But he played lights out against the Steelers. It wasn't consistently hopeless as many are suggesting on this forum.

mraynrand
12-22-2017, 12:22 PM

this is entertaining. One play different in the Steelers game and they're 4-4. Almost works differently in football. :)

Bretsky
12-22-2017, 12:40 PM
this is entertaining. One play different in the Steelers game and they're 4-4. Almost works differently in football. :)

never bought into the one game theory

One could probably say change two plays and they're 2-6

mraynrand
12-22-2017, 12:56 PM
never bought into the one game theory

One could probably say change two plays and they're 2-6

That’s true. It’s also true of most Superbowl winners.

Bretsky
12-22-2017, 01:18 PM
That’s true. It’s also true of most Superbowl winners.

True as well.

Seattle runs the ball and Pete Carroll has 2 Super Bowl wins and Hoody Genius one less

Then we're giving Seattle more kudos

How things can change

mraynrand
12-22-2017, 01:32 PM
right. That’s why you go with cumulative success. The quirks even out over time.

pbmax
12-22-2017, 01:49 PM
I am not giving Peter Carroll credit for anything other than being loathsome. I bet he parks his car at a 45 degree angle too.

pbmax
12-22-2017, 01:52 PM
OK, everyone calm down, its only one year of missed playoffs. And Jeff Janis isn't that good.

@AaronNagler
Reports of a bomb threat at Lambeau. Heavy police and fire presence. Officials won't confirm anything.

Bretsky
12-22-2017, 05:07 PM
I am not giving Peter Carroll credit for anything other than being loathsome. I bet he parks his car at a 45 degree angle too.

I detest Pete Carroll

But he might be the 2nd best coach in the NFL

wist43
12-22-2017, 07:02 PM
In the hopelessness of the 70s and 80s wasn't .500 the best kind of season?

To be sure we are going to have better regular season records than the 70s and 80s... but the hopelessness now lies in the fact that we have very little chance, as in next to no chance, of winning a Superbowl with this regime in place.

I warned of this being a possibility years ago... perpetual 10-6 teams that are never quite good enough to win it all.

When we got lucky in '10, everyone foresaw 5 more titles in the next 10 years - but I think my prediction of upper-level mediocrity is our reality.

TT needs to push the reset button on defense - but he won't.

Guiness
12-22-2017, 08:13 PM

I don't think any one play changed the outcome of that game. Hundley played lights out, no doubt, but a lot of balls bounced the Packer's way that night, and they needed all of them to be there at the end.

Don't take this as be being pessimist. Remember I started by saying I was surprised by the fall from a consensus top 5 team to bottom 5 in most power rankings after the Ravens game.