PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 Other Games

pbmax
12-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Just wanted to put this here. Bonus sightings of Robert Ferguson being good, Wesley Walls, Driver, Javon Walker, Tony Fisher, Ahman Green, Mike Wahle, Antonio Freeman (if you are careful watching the end of the Fisher screen), Al Harris, Grey Ruegammer, U71 himself Kevin Barry, Ryan Longwell, Marco Rivera, Bubba Franks and David "Perpetual Tease" Martin.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/944224274193137664

Freak Out
12-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Crazy game. I watched it in a hotel bar with my wife somewhere in northern California. Were the Raider DBs that bad or did they just decide not to play that night? lol

pbmax
12-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Crazy game. I watched it in a hotel bar with my wife somewhere in northern California. Were the Raider DBs that bad or did they just decide not to play that night? lol

Sometimes you don't expect the ball to come to the double team.

On the TD to Walker, he had Driver wide open at the top of the screen but had not even looked at him. Walker was good with jump balls. Ferguson was just open twice and made one fantastic catch on the sideline.

I think they all wanted to make it work. But some of those throws were nuts.

George Cumby
12-22-2017, 03:18 PM
I was at that game. It was amazing.

pbmax
12-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Sports Illustrated @SInow
A Florida man is fighting for his life after chasing a monkey that stole his favorite Steelers hat (https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/23/florida-man-chases-monkey-steelers-hat-falls-roof)

DESTIN, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man now living in Bali is fighting for his life after he fell from a roof while chasing a monkey that had stolen his favorite Pittsburgh Steelers cap.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 11:01 AM
^^^ same thing happened to my mom, except it was an LA Express hat.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Lots of fans disguised as empty seats at Browns-Bears game

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 12:11 PM
Trubisky is wearing R. Rodger's oven mitt on his left hand.

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Man, the Bills got robbed.

Rutnstrut
12-24-2017, 01:52 PM
I don't understand how the Saints are winning. They have a pretty damn good passing QB, yet they run the ball a lot. That just can't work.

pbmax
12-24-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't understand how the Saints are winning. They have a pretty damn good passing QB, yet they run the ball a lot. That just can't work.

So if you had Rodgers and a running game, you would be 4-1?

Rutnstrut
12-24-2017, 02:10 PM
So if you had Rodgers and a running game, you would be 4-1?

At that point they were still trying to rely on Ty. So they really had no running game yet. Besides imo December on into the playoffs is where a good running game and defense really pays dividends. If stubby would utilize the running game more, AR would get hit a lot less. Maybe he doesn't get hurt.

Maxie the Taxi
12-24-2017, 02:17 PM
At that point they were still trying to rely on Ty. So they really had no running game yet. Besides imo December on into the playoffs is where a good running game and defense really pays dividends. If stubby would utilize the running game more, AR would get hit a lot less. Maybe he doesn't get hurt.The Saints have a healthy QB because Brees rarely runs with the ball. He's like Brady, always dumping off, making quick throws or throwing the ball away without hesitation. Hardly ever gets caught holding the ball too long.

Rutnstrut
12-24-2017, 02:18 PM
The Saints have a healthy QB because Brees rarely runs with the ball. He's like Brady, always dumping off, making quick throws or throwing the ball away without hesitation. Hardly ever gets caught holding the ball too long.

Running the ball a lot helps also.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 03:19 PM
What is with QBs taking sacks on 4th down? THROW THE DAMN BALL!

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Lions lost. They might still finish with the same record as GB even though they've had their QB all year.

George Cumby
12-24-2017, 04:54 PM
I hate myself a little for rooting for the Cowboys

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 05:02 PM
I hate myself a little for rooting for the Cowboys

The Seahawks have been extra hateable these last few weeks.

Still, I wish they could both lose.

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Why it's not always so great to make a change just to see what the other guy has:

Bill Barnwell
‏Verified account @billbarnwell
8m8 minutes ago

If the Ravens and Chargers win and the Titans lose next week, the Bills will miss the playoffs by virtue of losing to the Chargers in the Nathan Peterman game.

texaspackerbacker
12-24-2017, 06:42 PM
The Saints have a healthy QB because Brees rarely runs with the ball. He's like Brady, always dumping off, making quick throws or throwing the ball away without hesitation. Hardly ever gets caught holding the ball too long.

It doesn't hurt at all that Brees plays behind a decent O Line - even though they also have had a bunch of injuries.

Maxie the Taxi
12-24-2017, 07:04 PM
It doesn't hurt at all that Brees plays behind a decent O Line - even though they also have had a bunch of injuries.OL was helped big time by their draft. They probably had the best draft of any team in the NFL this year and last.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 08:18 PM
OL was helped big time by their draft. They probably had the best draft of any team in the NFL this year and last.

APRH. Packers lost all four tackles for extensive time this year. Ask the Redskins - there's nothing you can do if your line can't block. Only Fran Tarkington on steroids (Wilson) can survive behind a bad line.

Rastak
12-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Eagles - Raiders all tied up. Eagles not looking unbeatable in the least......of course my team has a proven 50+ year track record of fucking it up so could all be moot....

pbmax
12-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Rodgers injury was bad news and ill timed. The NFC is wide open.