PDA

View Full Version : Packers in trouble with league now?

Pugger
12-24-2017, 08:38 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21863467/teams-complain-nfl-green-bay-packers-violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released

TravisWilliams23
12-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Much ado about nothing. Whoever this clown is, he sounds all butt hurt because the league and the Packers told him to go pound sand.
Then NFL needs marquis players to attract fans and viewers. Rodgers certainly makes the Packers more watchable. GB was taking a very big risk by playing him so soon after that injury. He really wasn't ready physically, the team was eliminated so they shut him down for the good of the franchise.
He just said it's been done in the past and the league did nothing to the teams then. Perhaps he could give us a list of said teams and then he could do some research on said teams and see if they did something similar in the past. Just sayin'.

Pugger
12-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Well, if we do end up getting fined or losing draft picks we were damn stupid putting him back on IR. If we had just sat him down like we did with Clay and Perry (and others) nobody would have complained.

red
12-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Well, if we do end up getting fined or losing draft picks we were damn stupid putting him back on IR. If we had just sat him down like we did with Clay and Perry (and others) nobody would have complained.

yup

very stupid move by the higher ups on the team

lets hope nothing comes of this

yeah we broke the rules, but its kind of a stupid rule to begin with imo

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Nothing is going to happen.

Released indeed.

Pugger
12-24-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm beginning to suspect Ted and company never suspected another team would complain seeing we are out of the playoff picture. It would be interesting to know which teams went running to Goodell about it.

Guiness
12-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Florio explained it well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/24/report-teams-miffed-about-packers-placing-aaron-rodgers-on-ir-again/

red
12-24-2017, 10:22 AM
however he also has explained that the teams around the nfl think that since the Packers couldn't IR him a second time for the same injury, then that means the team has released him

meaning he's open to waivers

ths maybe something that we don't just want to laugh off, this could be very serious

Vincenzo
12-24-2017, 10:36 AM
I need a good stiff drink!

http://images.wisegeek.com/liquor-bottles.jpg

Pugger
12-24-2017, 10:40 AM
however he also has explained that the teams around the nfl think that since the Packers couldn't IR him a second time for the same injury, then that means the team has released him

meaning he's open to waivers

ths maybe something that we don't just want to laugh off, this could be very serious

Absolutely! I think we are gonna get screwed. Goodell suspended Brady over inflated footballs so I wouldn't put anything past him.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Merry effing Christmas you NFL effers. Rodgers was on IR TO RETURN. That's not the same as IR. So there. His fracture moved when he was tackled in the Carolina game (I just made that up, but it's totally plausible), so he went on IR. Piss off anyone who tries to give the Packers a hard time. I hope it was Philly who was upset and I now hope the Vikings get a better seed than they do. Piss off Philly! Piss off NFL. Go fudge yourselves. Happy New Year effers!

pbmax
12-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Much ado about nothing.

You think the Browns are going to get him to report when they can't even convince Josh Rosen to enter the draft?

C'mon people, this is just sabre rattling.

red
12-24-2017, 12:34 PM
watch us somehow lose that high first round pick we finally got

red
12-24-2017, 12:40 PM
the rule

Rules state a player must suffer a new injury every time he is placed on the IR.

The consequences aren’t small. If a player doesn’t suffer a new injury that keeps him out six weeks, NFL rules say the player must be released and placed on waivers once healthy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-think-packers-forced-release-aaron-rodgers-152401702.html

the guy goes on to say

Of course, it’s hard to imagine the NFL would allow such a thing to happen on a technicality, especially since teams do the same thing with lesser players without anyone ever raising a stink.

Bottom line: If Rodgers is on the IR because of the same broken clavicle that put him there the first time, the Packers will have to get creative in inventing a second ailment if the NFL investigates further.

ThunderDan
12-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Oh give me a fucking break. Whatever team complained is a bunch of fucking babies.

Everyone knew ARod wasn’t 100% coming back from the collarbone break.

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 01:36 PM
It was probably the Browns trying to make a play for a QB.

gbgary
12-24-2017, 02:22 PM
there are rules...they were met...not an issue.

red
12-24-2017, 02:30 PM
there are rules...they were met...not an issue.

There are rules, and they were not met, that is the problem

bobblehead
12-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Florio explained it well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/24/report-teams-miffed-about-packers-placing-aaron-rodgers-on-ir-again/

So Florio says if the packers were forced to waive rodgers he would be claimed by the browns and retire? Why, The browns have a similar roster and own the #1 pick coming up. Rodgers would be in a much better position right?

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 03:17 PM
So Florio says if the packers were forced to waive rodgers he would be claimed by the browns and retire? Why, The browns have a similar roster and own the #1 pick coming up. Rodgers would be in a much better position right?

It would be the second time Dorsey brought in Rodgers.

Obviously Dorsey is superior to Ted and Stubby.

Teamcheez1
12-24-2017, 04:43 PM

The NFL has to approve any player going to IR. The rules are ambiguous and loose when it comes to IR. I fail to see that this amounts to anything.

mraynrand
12-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Shakespeare-Faulkner

gbgary
12-24-2017, 09:10 PM

that report was early this morning. the league has to sign off on ir designations, they did, case closed.

Bossman641
12-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Fuck whatever team brought up this petty shit.

pbmax
12-24-2017, 10:06 PM

And how would you know the collarbone wasn't moved around?

pbmax
12-24-2017, 10:11 PM

So rookie to be Eli Manning won't sign with San Diego because they are a cluster*ck, but Rodgers is going to sign with the Browns because they have a lot of #1 picks?

Just say it to yourself slowly, "Willingly signs with Browns and lame duck Hue Jackson".

pbmax
12-24-2017, 10:12 PM
They will need a bone scan soon to prove that he did not hurt anything else with his collarbone.

Solution: Send Rodgers to Germany for blood spinning/doping, then Tijuana for stem cells. Keep him out of country until after draft.

denverYooper
12-24-2017, 11:26 PM
Shakespeare-Faulkner

Doppelleben

MadScientist
12-25-2017, 12:30 AM
So the first injury was a broken collarbone and the second was unplayable pain due to an incompletely healed collarbone. What is the problem? Does this rule predate the ability of players to return from IR? If so, I think the rule was to prevent a player from being stashed for more than one year on the same injury. The biggest issue was that Rodgers was cleared in the first place, but since it wasn't a head injury, I don't think they will come down on the Packers.

Cheesehead Craig
12-25-2017, 08:45 AM
Given the league has to approve these moves, nothing will happen to the Pack. There will just be some rule changes in the offseason.

Pugger
12-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Fuck whatever team brought up this petty shit.

Yes, I'd love to know which freaking teams made a stink out of this and made me worry needlessly. If Murphy and company ever find out I hope we try to screw them sometime in the future!

gbgary
12-25-2017, 09:52 PM
And how would you know the collarbone wasn't moved around?

i think MM said there wasn't a set-back in his injury.

pbmax
12-25-2017, 10:27 PM
i think MM said there wasn't a set-back in his injury.

Exactly, it was new and unexpected movement. :D

woodbuck27
12-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Florio explained it well

" The funniest aspect of the report is that teams actually have a perverse Christmas wish that the Packers will be forced to release Rodgers. If that would happen (and it won’t), Rodgers would be subject to waivers. Which means Rodgers would be a Cleveland Brown."

Comment woodbuck27:

I'm just imagining this:

If that did happen and Aaron Rodgers led the Browns to the playoff's after them finishing the 20i7 Season with a 0-16 Record. Then made it to the AFC Conference Final Matchup.

What would the excuses be for the Packers Playoff Performances and TT and MM since the Last Packer Super Bowl Win?

Pugger
12-28-2017, 12:33 PM
" The funniest aspect of the report is that teams actually have a perverse Christmas wish that the Packers will be forced to release Rodgers. If that would happen (and it won’t), Rodgers would be subject to waivers. Which means Rodgers would be a Cleveland Brown."

Comment woodbuck27:

I'm just imagining this:

If that did happen and Aaron Rodgers led the Browns to the playoff's after them finishing the 20i7 Season with a 0-16 Record. Then made it to the AFC Conference Final Matchup.

What would the excuses be for the Packers Playoff Performances and TT and MM since the Last Packer Super Bowl Win?

I'll be damned disappointed if it ever comes out that John Dorsey was one of the complainers.