PDA

View Full Version : HOW ABOUT THE LAST GAME ???

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Do you want them to look good, lose, and draft 13th ?
Do you want them to look good, win, and draft 19th ?
Do you not really care either way ?

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2017, 12:21 PM
What, no poll? hahahaha

I think we can afford to win. I don't ever feel comfortable rooting for them to lose.

woodbuck27
12-28-2017, 12:33 PM
I won't be laying any confidence on the Packers to win @ Detroit.

Today or Thursday 28 Dec.2017 the Point Spread is Detroit -7.

Almost 80% of NFL Fans are picking the Detroit Lions to cover.

92 % of NFL Fans are picking the Detroit Lions to win Straight up.

Getting a higher Draft Pick makes that all good. 'Of course' knowing Ted Thompson he'll likely do his 'chicken shit more picks are better act' and trade down.

Bossman641
12-28-2017, 12:59 PM
Lose.

Chances at a top 15 pick are few and far between for these Packers.

mraynrand
12-28-2017, 01:27 PM
The Packers look poised to play as many scrubs as it takes to lose competitively.

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Forgot the poll option of look bad, lose and draft 13th

Joemailman
12-28-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm not that worried about the draft position. Not that big of a difference between 13 and 18.

Freak Out
12-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Crush and humiliate the Lions. TT will just fuck up a high pick anyway.

MadScientist
12-29-2017, 12:22 AM
Take the higher pick, this team needs a better chance to get a blue chip player.

Without Rodgers, the talent level on this team is bad enough that it took overtime to beat Tampa and the Cleveland fucking Browns. And the only reason the Bears game was won was because of possibly the worst challenge ever. This team needs help in a big way.

pbmax
12-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Play to win, want to win.

IR and Game Day Activations means not to be upset with a loss.

What would be the Murphy/Thompson equivalent of Harlan bringing in Ron Wolf mid season for a look around at the team and then hiring him?

If Jerry Reese is in the booth Sunday, is Ted in trouble? Does Ted talk to Austin down in the bowels of Ford Field?

Pugger
12-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Take the higher pick, this team needs a better chance to get a blue chip player.

Without Rodgers, the talent level on this team is bad enough that it took overtime to beat Tampa and the Cleveland fucking Browns. And the only reason the Bears game was won was because of possibly the worst challenge ever. This team needs help in a big way.

But when Hundley plays decently they don't struggle to beat the bottom dwellers of the league. We damn near beat the Steelers at their place. Unfortunately Brett played like shit more often than not.

Pugger
12-29-2017, 10:27 AM

That ain't gonna happen when we trot out a roster full of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys. I pray none of our few starters (like Bak) get hurt in Detroit.

Vincenzo
12-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Other than draft position, this Lions game is quite meaningless.
In the end, when Rodgers went down in Minnesota the Packer season pretty much ended.

red
12-29-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm not that worried about the draft position. Not that big of a difference between 13 and 18.

So you also must think there is not much difference between 18-24 or so, where we often draft

So you have to be one of the folks that doesn’t blame draft position for us not having enough decent players

I think there is a huge difference between 13 and 18

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 01:05 PM
So you also must think there is not much difference between 18-24 or so, where we often draft

So you have to be one of the folks that doesn’t blame draft position for us not having enough decent players

and ...you would be very correct.

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 01:06 PM

Uhh Uhh.

TT is trading down. He doesn't have the Guts to use it.

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 01:09 PM

Brilliant. :whaa:

hahahahahaha.....Thanks for my first really good laugh for the day.

It's my Birthday and I'm grateful.

:knll:

wist43
12-29-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter, coz Ted would be targeting the same players whether he drafts 10th or 30th.

Will be another ho-hum draft, followed by another 9-7ish season in '18... Dom will still be yawning away in the coaches box, Ted will continue to be nonplussed, Stubby will "get that cleaned up".

Rinse, repeat...

BZnDallas
12-29-2017, 09:52 PM

Def agree with Red here. There might not be much difference btwn 10 and 13 or 18 and 20. But the percentage a blue chipper falls to 13 is much greater than falling to 18.

pbmax
12-29-2017, 10:20 PM
But when Hundley plays decently they don't struggle to beat the bottom dwellers of the league. We damn near beat the Steelers at their place. Unfortunately Brett played like shit more often than not.

It makes me think that McCarthy has chosen the wrong plan at home when he expects better protection. On the road, he assumes Hundley will be under pressure more and chooses a different attack.

We'll get to see Sunday.

denverYooper
12-30-2017, 09:09 AM
It makes me think that McCarthy has chosen the wrong plan at home when he expects better protection. On the road, he assumes Hundley will be under pressure more and chooses a different attack.

We'll get to see Sunday.

In the last game, with the season lost, it looked like he gave Hundley the touchdown-to-checkdown offense.

denverYooper
12-30-2017, 09:10 AM
Imagine the shrieks coming from Packerland when the Packers lose, get the 13th pick, and Ted trades down :whaa:

mraynrand
12-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Imagine the shrieks coming from Packerland when the Packers lose, get the 13th pick, and Ted trades down :whaa:

Well, I imagine that if there are several prospects at the same value around their #1 pick, he might just do a trade down. Then I wouldn't be surprised to see him trade back up to get a second first round pick. That's my prediction: a 2009 type draft where Ted goes for two impact players high in the draft. Two of three positions: WR, pass rusher, defensive back.

However, do not be shocked if he picks a franchise QB. Their draft position might make this possible.

Pugger
12-30-2017, 11:28 AM

We have 12 picks this time. Ted ain't trading down.

pbmax
12-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Love the top of the 2nd round draft picks.

pbmax
12-30-2017, 01:06 PM
In the last game, with the season lost, it looked like he gave Hundley the touchdown-to-checkdown offense.

Yep. And its what he cannot do yet.

gbgary
12-30-2017, 01:26 PM
21-9 det and hoping 13 is a lucky number.

mraynrand
12-30-2017, 04:49 PM
Yep. And its what he cannot do yet.

Exactly. And that's why you'll probably see more of it tomorrow. There's no doubt that the tight LOS short passing/run heavy offense was designed to win games. Once they were out of it Stubby wanted to run the offense and get Hundley snaps - for evaluation and experience. Unlike many, I didn't think his game against MN was putrid. There was a lot left on the field, and a lot to be desired with deep accuracy and decision making, but there were good reads, and good throws that were catchable - like the one to Clark where he got Lowry arms - that could have been a TD with those two in synch. Back up QB throwing back shoulder timing throws to a WR who never saw a regular season NFL field before that night isn't your strong suit, but I liked that they ran the plays anyway.

red
12-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Exactly. And that's why you'll probably see more of it tomorrow. There's no doubt that the tight LOS short passing/run heavy offense was designed to win games. Once they were out of it Stubby wanted to run the offense and get Hundley snaps - for evaluation and experience. Unlike many, I didn't think his game against MN was putrid. There was a lot left on the field, and a lot to be desired with deep accuracy and decision making, but there were good reads, and good throws that were catchable - like the one to Clark where he got Lowry arms - that could have been a TD with those two in synch. Back up QB throwing back shoulder timing throws to a WR who never saw a regular season NFL field before that night isn't your strong suit, but I liked that they ran the plays anyway.

Where did you find one with better color?

Nvm, it’s a different picture. That’s just his normal face

http://www.bible.ca/psychiatry/lobotomy.jpg

mraynrand
12-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Where did you find one with better color?

Nvm, it’s a different picture. That’s just his normal face

photoshop - altered the hues a bit.