PDA

View Full Version : THE FATE OF DOM CAPERS

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 12:24 PM
MAKE YOUR PREDICTION

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 12:27 PM
We've seen this before; MM takes his sweet time evaluating as ideal candidates get hired up quickly as we spin our thumbs.

Here's your chance to predict Dom Capers Fate

Pugger
12-28-2017, 12:31 PM
I don't think any of your options will happen. I suspect he'll be asked to retire instead of the humiliation of firing him outright.

mraynrand
12-28-2017, 01:26 PM
I guessing Dom will live another 10-20 year, and die like the rest of us, excepting some Rothchild family members who are receiving anti-gerontological treatments at illuminati headquarters (right, Wist?).

Carolina_Packer
12-28-2017, 01:35 PM
I guessing Dom will live another 10-20 year, and die like the rest of us, excepting some Rothchild family members who are receiving anti-gerontological treatments at illuminati headquarters (right, Wist?).

I think Dom's hair piece will live another 10-20 years after him.

Carolina_Packer
12-28-2017, 01:40 PM
MM has to let him go. It's time. It's been time. No more excuses about having the right personnel, injuries, whatever. He must really respect him, and that's understandable. He has had some good defenses in the league with far superior talent that he has to coach now. That's not his fault, but the bottom line results are his responsibility.

mraynrand
12-28-2017, 01:51 PM
I think Dom's hair piece will live another 10-20 years after him.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/33/33a738c1aa7d10ab27a6ff187e00b8724cdf44a3ee534821a7 aa0cdc4a64c5fd.jpg

mraynrand
12-28-2017, 01:53 PM
MM has to let him go. It's time. It's been time. No more excuses about having the right personnel, injuries, whatever. He must really respect him, and that's understandable. He has had some good defenses in the league with far superior talent that he has to coach now. That's not his fault, but the bottom line results are his responsibility.

I'm kinda in PB's camp - either they have to get him the guys who can run his defense (veterans) and back off draft and develop for the defense, or they have to go with a staff that can teach a defense to a bunch of raw guys.

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2017, 02:16 PM
Won't the good candidates be coaching playoff teams, so is there harm in waiting?

red
12-28-2017, 03:10 PM
You gotta do this shit quick. You wait a day and you’ve missed out on all the top guys

Especially this year. There’s gonna be a lot of guys moving around

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2017, 03:41 PM
I just want Dom gone, don't care how soon after the season. Tired of hearing about how QBs saying after the game they know what he's going to run.

Still a fan of Dennis Thurman to come in.

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Won't the good candidates be coaching playoff teams, so is there harm in waiting?

MAYBE......BUT those guys in the playoffs tend to leave for head coaching jobs. Not a ton of vertical moves...as leas I don't think so

MARVIN LEWIS anybody ? Pedigree wise, those are the type of candidates it would be nice to loan

IN the past MM has took his sweet time; this one should be bold and fast so we don't lose out on any options IMO

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
I just want Dom gone, don't care how soon after the season. Tired of hearing about how QBs saying after the game they know what he's going to run.

Still a fan of Dennis Thurman to come in.

Tell me about Dennis Thurman; I don' know much about him

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2017, 06:45 PM
He started as a defensive backs coach. He is rumored to be excellent with coaching that area. He was the defensive coordinator under Rex Ryan in Buffalo. Currently he is unemployed but I like his background for secondary coaching because that would be a welcome change to have a secondary that knows what they're doing in Green Bay. Given that Ryan would seek him out whenever he got a head coaching job, to me that's a positive in Thurman's favor. Rex may have been a bad head coach, but the SOB knew defense. The one downside to him is that he is 61. So he may only have a couple years left of coaching.

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Would you want him as a Secondary coach or DC ?

Joemailman
12-28-2017, 06:54 PM
MAYBE......BUT those guys in the playoffs tend to leave for head coaching jobs. Not a ton of vertical moves...as leas I don't think so

MARVIN LEWIS anybody ? Pedigree wise, those are the type of candidates it would be nice to loan

IN the past MM has took his sweet time; this one should be bold and fast so we don't lose out on any options IMO

Marvin Lewis would be interesting. I wonder if MM would go that route, or go with a talented position coach looking to move up to DC. A pick like Lewis would be safer.

Bretsky
12-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Marvin Lewis would be interesting. I wonder if MM would go that route, or go with a talented position coach looking to move up to DC. A pick like Lewis would be safer.

I'd be game for an established DC who has been successful as a NFL DC for a team with AROD on it.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2017, 07:02 PM
It's slam dunk sure they SHOULD keep him. I'll put it at 60/40 in the prediction department that they actually do keep him.

gbgary
12-28-2017, 07:28 PM
head in the bottom of the basket.

esoxx
12-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Firing squad.

mraynrand
12-28-2017, 09:40 PM
I'd be game for an established DC who has been successful as a NFL DC for a team with AROD on it.

Sounds like you want Dom Capers

call_me_ishmael
12-28-2017, 10:28 PM
I would like a young guy. Or the dude from the Bears. But preferably a 40-something. The younger, the better as far as relating to the players. I don't have enough knowledge of the league to state who that is or where they are currently. Maybe look at an LB/DL coach in NE or Dave Aranda or something.

MadScientist
12-28-2017, 11:10 PM
My first instinct was that Dom would retire, but if there is time left on the contract, he will take a firing instead. Nobody passes on that kind of money if he doesn't have to. There is no stigma with being fired in the NFL.

It will happen fairly quick, as other personnel changes have in the past.

call_me_ishmael
12-28-2017, 11:47 PM
What about this guy?

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/james-bettcher/6063f361-528b-42ab-af20-ddba7929ebf9

Arizona is allegedly going to clean house and rebuild.

red
12-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Solid article

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/22/silverstein-packers-must-move-dom-capers/977755001/

Bottom line, under capers you have a bunch of guys playing as individuals, not a unit

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 12:29 PM
What about this guy?

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/james-bettcher/6063f361-528b-42ab-af20-ddba7929ebf9

Your instincts are excellent right there but isn't he more handsome that Mike McCarthy?

Right now MM has a Scapegoat in Dom Capers.

" I really believed in Dom and I'm absolutely shocked he couldn't get it done" MM (sometime >>>>>>> in the future) :???:

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 12:36 PM
MAKE YOUR PREDICTION

"Holy Cow, is there a God Batman." Robin

I just voted and then (and shouldn't have); because that actually gives me some sense of 'real hope' and Packerrat predictions and/or desires. :bang:

Are we finally more so lining up or on the same page !? :glug:

GO PACK GO !

Vincenzo
12-29-2017, 12:51 PM
https://www.thepubliceditor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Trump_Youre_Fired_02.jpg

woodbuck27
12-29-2017, 01:03 PM
https://www.thepubliceditor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Trump_Youre_Fired_02.jpg

Shit Yea !

Let's get Trump in Green Bay. A perfect fit.

Wisconsin loves him. :whaa:

red
12-29-2017, 01:05 PM
This conversation has been going on since at least the 2013 season

This is the oldest article I have found so far

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1869318-should-the-packers-consider-replacing-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers.amp.html

We have been having this conversation for at least 4 years. The inability to cover anyone over the middle has been going on since the super bowl year.

Nothing has improved since then. We continue to waste years with a terrible defense that everyone but the drunkest look aide drinker has known for awhile

bobblehead
12-29-2017, 01:24 PM
What about this guy?

Damn. This might be the first time you have ever spouted something that I liked.

bobblehead
12-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Bettcher seems like a good answer, but short of him I would still like to grab Leonhard before the whole world figures out he is a genius.

ZachMN
12-29-2017, 06:15 PM
MM will keep him. Out of TT, M3 and Dom, Dom is the least culpable in my opinion. MM should go and we bring in a kick ass Defensive head coach. Someone who will bring the hot fire to the opposing teams. That won't happen. More milquetoast football from the triumvirate.

Rutnstrut
12-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Stubby will never fire Dom.

BZnDallas
12-29-2017, 08:46 PM
Bettcher seems like a good answer, but short of him I would still like to grab Leonhard before the whole world figures out he is a genius.

I agree with this. Except I'd hate to steal Jimmy from the Badgers, but would love to see what he could do in GB. Bettcher sounds damn intriguing.

pbmax
12-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Solid article

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/22/silverstein-packers-must-move-dom-capers/977755001/

Bottom line, under capers you have a bunch of guys playing as individuals, not a unit

Dom's got Dix in Neptune's orbit trying to prevent big plays, safeties playing slot corner and backups at outside CB. King is gone and House has been in and out of the lineup. Its not going to look good.

The problem is pass rush. For the first time in a long time, Bretsky is right. :lol:

That doesn't excuse Dom and Ted running systems that are at odds with each other to a degree (draft and develop and complicated veteran needy scheme).

Bretsky
12-29-2017, 11:57 PM

Jim Leonard is phenominal; and Rex Ryan's comments about him are scary great.

I hope he stays with my Badgers forever.

I'd also bless him in GB; those DB's would get better for sure

Bretsky
12-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Dom's got Dix in Neptune's orbit trying to prevent big plays, safeties playing slot corner and backups at outside CB. King is gone and House has been in and out of the lineup. Its not going to look good.

The problem is pass rush. As Usual , Bretsky is right. :lol:

That doesn't excuse Dom and Ted running systems that are at odds with each other to a degree (draft and develop and complicated veteran needy scheme).

FIXED

bobblehead
12-30-2017, 12:07 PM
I agree with this. Except I'd hate to steal Jimmy from the Badgers, but would love to see what he could do in GB. Bettcher sounds damn intriguing.

Someone is going to make him an offer soon. If he stays in Wiscy and produces yet another great D he will be offered a college HC job or an NFL DC job for sure. Might as well keep him in state.

RashanGary
12-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Relax guys. Sometimes down seasons happen. It’s OK!!

Pugger
12-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Stubby will never fire Dom.

We never thought he'd fire Slocum either.

red
12-30-2017, 03:58 PM
We never thought he'd fire Slocum either.

Which should have taught him a huge lesson.

It seemed like he would go to the grave with slocum, then he was forced to make a move

Our special teams went from a complete joke to pretty damn respectable

Joemailman
12-30-2017, 11:49 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21921588/green-bay-packers-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers-not-expected-return-next-season

Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who has been with the team since 2009, is not expected to return next season, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

This will be the most significant of the off-season changes to Green Bay's defensive coaching staff.

call_me_ishmael
12-31-2017, 12:04 AM
Whooo hooo!!!