PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick Bandwagon

BF4MVP
09-08-2006, 10:57 PM
How bout the new and improved Andy Roddick? Having Jimmy Connors as his coach has really helped (Record is 17-1 with Connors as coach)..

I don't care if you don't follow tennis, everyone better be watchin his semi-finals match tomorrow against Mikhail Youzhny and supporting the only American left in the U.S. Open..

Partial
09-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I haven't been following too much lately, i've been very busy. Federer and Nadal are the other two left I am assuming, correct?

BF4MVP
09-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Nadal was upset by Youzhny..

Federer and Nikolay Davydenko are the other two

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 11:47 PM
I know who he is...he used to date Mandy Moore.

yes, I am a celeb gossip mag junkie

BF4MVP
09-09-2006, 01:07 AM
I know who he is...he used to date Mandy Moore.
This is true.

yes, I am a celeb gossip mag junkie
That sounds like fun haha

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I haven't been following too much lately, i've been very busy. Federer and Nadal are the other two left I am assuming, correct?

I don't think Nadal is nearly as dominant on the hard court. But he's young, and could improve there. His growing rivalry with Federer has tremendous potential.

Rastak
09-09-2006, 03:48 PM
How bout the new and improved Andy Roddick? Having Jimmy Connors as his coach has really helped (Record is 17-1 with Connors as coach)..

I don't care if you don't follow tennis, everyone better be watchin his semi-finals match tomorrow against Mikhail Youzhny and supporting the only American left in the U.S. Open..

Watching it right now.

Patiently waiting for my ol pal Maria in the finals....

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2006, 04:12 PM
He needs to win this tiebreak.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 04:45 PM
The winner of this match is going to get slaughtered by Federer tomorrow.

BF4MVP
09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Roddick is going to get slaughtered by Federer tomorrow.
The odds certainly aren't in Roddick's favor, but there's a reason they play the match.

Federer may have won 8 of the last 13 Grand Slams, but he's still lost 5 of 'em. Who's to say he can't lose this one?

Partial
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM

Federer is certainly the better all-around player, but I don't know, Roddick looks pretty damn good this tournament. His serve and monsterous forehand have been pretty darn consistent. I am gonna call the upset and say that Roddick wins. At the very least, i'm being patriotic!

Roddick wins 7-6, 3-6, 6-4, 5-7, 7-5. That's my prediction

Scott Campbell
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Federer is 10-1 lifetime against Roddick, winning 24 of 28 sets. He also never broke a sweat notching his win today. And playing first, he'll have more rest which is a big deal for the US Open because they only get one day between the semis and the final.

BF4MVP
09-09-2006, 06:23 PM

Federer is certainly the better all-around player, but I don't know, Roddick looks pretty damn good this tournament. His serve and monsterous forehand have been pretty darn consistent. I am gonna call the upset and say that Roddick wins. At the very least, i'm being patriotic!

Roddick wins 7-6, 3-6, 6-4, 5-7, 7-5. That's my prediction
Atta boy :D

BF4MVP
09-09-2006, 06:28 PM

Watching it right now.

Patiently waiting for my ol pal Maria in the finals....
Maria Sharapova is incredible. She's better looking than Kournikova, plus she actually wins. A lot.

Hopefully she can capure her second career Grand Slam tonight..

With all she's accomplished, it's hard to believe she's younger than me :shock: (only by a day, but still)..

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM

Ahem.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 08:39 PM
A truly prolific prediction, indeed, SC.

Did Roddick lose in straight sets, or what? An afterthought of the day, I haven't seen any coverage...

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 08:51 PM
A truly prolific prediction, indeed, SC.

Did Roddick lose in straight sets, or what? An afterthought of the day, I haven't seen any coverage...

I think it was 3-1, a couple of the sets blowouts. It wasn't that prophetic. Federer is one of the best to ever pick up a racket. Especially on a hard surface.

Roddick was more competitive than the Packers.

FavreChild
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the recap. I don't plan to watch SportsCenter for fear of catching the lowlights....

BF4MVP
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
6-2, 4-6, 7-5, 6-1..I don't know if I would call it a slaughtering, I mean Roddick took a set and came close to taking two..

Still good call on the Federer victory, SC..

Scott Campbell
09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
6-2, 4-6, 7-5, 6-1..I don't know if I would call it a slaughtering, I mean Roddick took a set and came close to taking two..

It wasn't close. The set he won he got one service break. The close set he lost he didn't get any service breaks. And Roddick got smoked in the other two.

He's not in the same class as Federer. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody is, except maybe Nadal on clay and grass.

I think Federer will end up being thought of as in the same class of champion that Sampras is. Maybe even better. He's that good.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-11-2006, 02:34 PM

It wasn't close. The set he won he got one service break. The close set he lost he didn't get any service breaks. And Roddick got smoked in the other two.

He's not in the same class as Federer. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody is, except maybe Nadal on clay and grass.

I think Federer will end up being thought of as in the same class of champion that Sampras is. Maybe even better. He's that good.

Federer is already in a different class than Sampras. Federer is the best of all time.

Roddick: Will he ever OUTTHINK an opponent? The Roscoe Tanner of his generation.

BF4MVP
09-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Just read today that Roddick's US Open final appearance boosted his world ranking from 10th to 6th. He is now the number 1 American, moving ahead of James Blake.