PDA

View Full Version : extending linsley...

denverYooper
12-30-2017, 10:48 AM
nice!

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-daily-news-story/article-1/Packers-sign-C-Linsley-to-contract-extension/ae696cb1-ff9c-42a8-87a9-088eebe85fea

Ian Rapoport‏
The #Packers signed C Corey Linsley to a 3-year extension worth $25.5M, source said. $8.5M per year. Keeping another keep piece from free agency.

Wes Hodkiewicz
Linsley hoped the offseason surgery on his ankle would clean up the injuries that followed him in 2015-16. It did. He's the only #Packers offensive linemen to play every snap this year

Pugger
12-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Good. It will be nice to have the same center for 2 seasons in a row.

RashanGary
12-30-2017, 12:16 PM
I think it’s time to let Bulaga go. Too many injuries. Too much money. Murphy and McCray are fine. Lindsey, Taylor and Bahk are the guys to pay for now.

If we have to have one luxury piece, Id rather it be Burnett.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Linsley is literally the only Packer O Lineman I have a high opinion of, and that includes Bakhtiari. The salary cap is going up all the time, so I guess that sorta justifies the high cost. I just wish Ted put nearly the effort and investment into signing other people's FAs as he does to overpaying our own.

pbmax
12-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Good job. Now make bench pressing your opponent into the turf legal.

beveaux1
12-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Next up...ARod

gbgary
12-30-2017, 01:13 PM
nice! lol

Pugger
12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
I think it’s time to let Bulaga go. Too many injuries. Too much money. Murphy and McCray are fine. Lindsey, Taylor and Bahk are the guys to pay for now.

If we have to have one luxury piece, Id rather it be Burnett.

Let Bulaga go and give the job to everyone's favorite tackle Jason Spriggs?

Pugger
12-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Linsley is literally the only Packer O Lineman I have a high opinion of, and that includes Bakhtiari. The salary cap is going up all the time, so I guess that sorta justifies the high cost. I just wish Ted put nearly the effort and investment into signing other people's FAs as he does to overpaying our own.

Then you are in a distinct minority.

red
12-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Is it just me or is TT getting an early and very fast start?

Doesn’t he usually wait till the season is done? Or does he usually squeeze in some re signings right in the last weeks?

I can’t remember

Smidgeon
12-30-2017, 06:02 PM

Murphy or McCray

Smidgeon
12-30-2017, 06:03 PM

Doesn’t he usually wait till the season is done? Or does he usually squeeze in some re signings right in the last weeks?

I can’t remember

Usually closer to the free agent free for all deadline.

Zool
12-30-2017, 06:19 PM

I can’t remember

There’s almost always an end of year signing so as to use up the bulk of the available cap

Bretsky
12-30-2017, 07:28 PM

I just puked on myself

call_me_ishmael
12-31-2017, 12:15 AM
'lotta money for a center. Didn't they grovel at paying 6M to Scotty Wells a few years back? I'm getting too old. Clearly the cap is exploding and going to keep mooning.

Good signing. Linsley is a solid starter. Not a star, but he's fine.

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 08:01 AM
'lotta money for a center. Didn't they grovel at paying 6M to Scotty Wells a few years back? I'm getting too old. Clearly the cap is exploding and going to keep mooning.

Good signing. Linsley is a solid starter. Not a star, but he's fine.

"grovel"

Joemailman
12-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Linsley is 4 years younger than Wells was at the time. These extensions are all about projecting upside. Linsley should just be entering the prime of his career. Wells would play just 3 more years and miss about a third of those games with injury.