PDA

View Full Version : OPTIONS TO REPLACE DOM CAPERS ARE PLENTIFUL

Bretsky
12-30-2017, 09:47 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/30/silverstein-if-dom-capers-departs-packers-options-plentiful/982103001/

wist43
12-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Why is everyone talking like Capers is gone??

Did he not say he wanted to continue coaching??

esoxx
12-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Vic Fangio please.

Bretsky
12-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Why is everyone talking like Capers is gone??

Did he not say he wanted to continue coaching??

Perhaps it's blind faith, but I think he's gone.

Even the biggest MM and TT followers have said if they let Dom stick around they deserve to go too

He's gone

Joemailman
12-30-2017, 11:15 PM
Fangio seems tailor-made for Green Bay. Austin would be great but might be headed for a HC job. Bettcher and Guenther would be good choices. Marvin Lewis would be solid. Bretsky might get mad at me if I bring up Jim Leonhard.

OS PA
12-30-2017, 11:21 PM
First post in years, but I'd like to see Jack Del Rio.

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2017, 12:07 AM
This is idiocy and bullshit - a bunch of know nothings whining about Capers and fantasizing about replacing him.

call_me_ishmael
12-31-2017, 12:13 AM
Shefter confirmed Capers is gone!!!! Happy day!! I don't know enough about who should replace him. I frankly think it's just the voice has gotten stale. A bunch of 25 year olds don't want to listen to an old ass man who hasn't had a solid season in years. The younger the better is my general policy as far as relating to players in my opinion.

Tony Oday
12-31-2017, 06:59 AM
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1457703

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Shefter confirmed Capers is gone!!!! Happy day!! I don't know enough about who should replace him. I frankly think it's just the voice has gotten stale. A bunch of 25 year olds don't want to listen to an old ass man who hasn't had a solid season in years. The younger the better is my general policy as far as relating to players in my opinion.

Uttered with your characteristic lackofwisdom™.

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 08:01 AM
This is idiocy and bullshit - a bunch of know nothings whining about Capers and fantasizing about replacing him.

Research and read something. Your ass is not a valid reference.

red
12-31-2017, 08:08 AM
I like how dickhead starts off the article by saying the packers “must” get rid of capers

Then in the next paragraph he bitches about the fans that have been calling for that to happen

What a fucking douche

Pugger
12-31-2017, 08:11 AM
Fangio seems tailor-made for Green Bay. Austin would be great but might be headed for a HC job. Bettcher and Guenther would be good choices. Marvin Lewis would be solid. Bretsky might get mad at me if I bring up Jim Leonhard.

Fangio might be a good choice. Look what he did in Chicago. I like Jimmy Leonard but he might not be ready yet.

Joemailman
12-31-2017, 08:27 AM
Holy shit is this place going to explode if the reports are wrong and they keep Capers. Or will it implode?

Pugger
12-31-2017, 08:49 AM
Holy shit is this place going to explode if the reports are wrong and they keep Capers. Or will it implode?

How many times has ESPN been really wrong on a report like this in the past?

pbmax
12-31-2017, 02:51 PM
Research and read something. Your ass is not a valid reference.

Lovely avatar you damned bastard :D I assume the answer to the below suggestions is B.

A. A Cage on Highway 9?

B. The Pilot, Number One?

C. Pumpkins?

pbmax
12-31-2017, 02:52 PM

Marvin Lewis has been away from D coordinating for a long time. I would be VERY wary of him. Tons of experience but dated. I think that is part of the problem the Pack currently face.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 02:53 PM

WOOO HOOOOO!!

OS PA is back!

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 07:29 PM

Whoa!

OS PA
12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
WOOO HOOOOO!!

OS PA is back!

Don't get too excited. I'm just here to say bye to Dom. :P

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 07:40 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/12/31/16835446/packers-coaching-rumors-dom-capers-likely-out-as-dc-vic-fangio-a-possible-replacement

Packers Coaching Rumors: Dom Capers likely out as DC, Vic Fangio a possible replacement

Capers’ former assistant could end up being his replacement if these reports end up bearing fruit

Carolina_Packer
01-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Just curious. Assuming we get most of the injured players back on D next year, and add some pieces, how would Fangio, a Capers protege, be able to get a different result out of basically the same set of players?

Plus, you still have TT in charge of fixing the defense. Will he be able to add the players that will make the difference. To me, that's as big of a question as who the Packers find to replace Capers.

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Just curious. Assuming we get most of the injured players back on D next year, and add some pieces, how would Fangio, a Capers protege, be able to get a different result out of basically the same set of players?

Plus, you still have TT in charge of fixing the defense. Will he be able to add the players that will make the difference. To me, that's as big of a question as who the Packers find to replace Capers.

I like Greg Wiliams and I like Jim Leonard although I want him to stay in Madison.

I also really like the AZ guy. I'm fine with Fangio as well. I don't think his defenses look confused as hell like ours did the past couple years

Last, you are spot on.

DEAR TED............Find us PLAYMAKERS

If you can't, step aside

red
01-01-2018, 05:22 PM

My worries as well

smuggler
01-01-2018, 07:31 PM
I think Mike Pettine could be a feasible replacement. In 5 seasons as a DC, his defenses were never worse than 10th in yardage. Although his defenses did get down to 20th in scoring, part of that was due to the collapse of the Jets as Rex Ryan melted down and the fact that the Jets and Bills offenses were kind of bad. In short, he might be a 'safe play,' if we accept a presumption that switching back to a 4-3 (or a more simplified 3-4 with a lot more base defense) is safe.

An upside to hiring him is that it's not likely he would get plucked as a head coach, since he was generally bad as a HC in Cleveland (who isn't, I know).

pbmax
01-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Dougherty says Fangio's contract is up, meaning he could sign at any time.

GM opening probably delays that but he could interview whenever.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/baranczyk/2018/01/01/dougherty-shakeup-puts-packers-path-new-era/982316001/

pbmax
01-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Charles Woodson makes his vote known:

Charles Woodson @CharlesWoodson
Replying to @DementiaTeddyT @NoShirtPutin and 2 others
You should care. Just bcuz Whitt has been there doesn’t mean it would be more of the same.

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 07:12 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/01/top-candidates-to-replace-dom-capers-as-packers-defensive-coordinator/

Top candidates to replace Dom Capers as Packers defensive coordinator

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 07:15 AM
I like Greg Wiliams and I like Jim Leonard although I want him to stay in Madison.

I also really like the AZ guy. I'm fine with Fangio as well. I don't think his defenses look confused as hell like ours did the past couple years

Last, you are spot on.

If you can't, step aside

Is Ted Thompson paying attention to you?

Pugger
01-02-2018, 07:20 AM

Last, you are spot on.

If you can't, step aside

Ted isn't making those decisions any longer.

SkinBasket
01-02-2018, 07:36 AM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/01/top-candidates-to-replace-dom-capers-as-packers-defensive-coordinator/

Top candidates to replace Dom Capers as Packers defensive coordinator

LOL @ Winston Moss.

Pugger
01-02-2018, 07:39 AM
LOL @ Winston Moss.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Detroit hires him.

woodbuck27
01-05-2018, 10:19 PM
https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01/packers-try-interview-teryl-austin-get-denied/

PACKERS TRY TO INTERVIEW Detroit's TERYL AUSTIN, GET DENIED

" ...The Green Bay Packers are getting shut down left and right. The latest has the Packers trying to interview Detroit Lions’ defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for the same position in Green Bay. The Lions have denied the Packers permission because Austin is technically still under contract. ..."

Josina Anderson✔@JosinaAnderson
"I'm told the #Lions have denied Teryl Austin, who is still under contract as the team's defensive coordinator, permission to interview with the #Packers, " per source. .......... 4:42 PM - Jan 5, 2018

wist43
01-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Looking like they intend on making a big mess, an even bigger mess.

Thinks look pretty dysfunctional out of the gate.

woodbuck27
01-05-2018, 10:26 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/darren-perry-front-runner-packers-defensive-coordinator-job/

Darren Perry “Front-Runner” For Packers’ Defensive Coordinator Job

" ... Alex Marvez reports that Packers safeties coach Darren Perry is the “front-runner” to become the Packers next defensive coordinator.

Perry won’t interview for the job until Saturday

Mike McCarthy also plans to interview Winston Moss and Joe Whitt for the job along with some external candidates that could include Vic Fangio.

There was some early buzz that Fangio was the guy to watch for Green Bay. However, it appears as though McCarthy may want to promote from within for this position. ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

It's all starting to make sense now and Mike McCarthy not making much sense. What a mess !:idea:

woodbuck27
01-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Looking like they intend on making a big mess, an even bigger mess.

Thinks look pretty dysfunctional out of the gate.

wist43:

This whole thing is simply ridiculous.

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers is thinking now of saying Bye Bye to Green Bay? How many more years will it be before they ever admit another massive failure and really attempt to straighten the course of the ship.

CEO Mark Murphy has to have a clear idea where Aaron Rodgers head is right now but if he's all in and Green Bay with the Contract he truly deserves. His next breaths shuld be used to scream to Mike McCarthy...YOUR FIRED !

Mike McCarthy has, with his latest incompetence, possibly set the Packers real hopes for another Super Bowl back another two or three Years before another realistic Five Year Plan may be reborn.

Frankly, this whole thing is plainly embarrassing for Packer Nation.

These Guy's (Mark Murphy and Mike McCarthy) might get a job doing this, as their perfectly suited to the task:

https://ninehillswine.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/grape-stomping01.jpg

https://ninehillswine.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/grape-stomping01.jpg

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Lions have refused the Packers request to interview Teryl Austin. Reports are that Matt Patricia is in line for Lions HC job. If he doesn't decide to keep Austin, Austin could yet be available to the Packers. Thoughts on hiring Austin, which would mean a switch to a 4-3 base?

beveaux1
01-07-2018, 01:13 PM
I'll bet they wait till Fangio is available.

Maxie the Taxi
01-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Bucky Brooks
NFL.com Analyst
Published: June 23, 2015

Vic Fangio

The best defenses in football are not only fundamentally sound, but they exhibit a collective energy, toughness and physicality that overwhelms opponents over the course of the game. Fangio's defenses in San Francisco consistently exhibited those traits. The 49ers ranked in the top five in total defense in each of his four seasons with the team. Also, San Francisco was one of just three teams to post 25-plus takeaways in each of the last four seasons. From a philosophical standpoint, Fangio eschews tricks and gimmicks in favor of a simple system designed to suffocate running lanes and keep the ball in front of the defense on passes. He routinely puts his guys in the proper position to make plays and allows them to play free of mental clutter. Given his recent track record and esteemed reputation, it's only a matter of time before the Bears' defense returns to the ranks of the elite under his tutelage.

The Shadow
01-07-2018, 01:25 PM
I'll bet they wait till Fangio is available.

I sure hope so. The thought of Whitt or Perry with their years of continual secondary 'miscommunications' makes me gag.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Bucky Brooks
NFL.com Analyst
Published: June 23, 2015

Vic Fangio

Would you stop? I am already too excited to take the inevitable disappointment well.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Here is a quick guide to terms you may hear bandied about during the DC search, via Chris Brown from Mark Dantonio/Pat Narduzzi at MSU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS4e8IQVwAEJ-Rl.jpg:large

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Would you stop? I am already too excited to take the inevitable disappointment well.

There are some proven DC's out there.

Hopefully we land one

QBME
01-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Here is a quick guide to terms you may hear bandied about during the DC search, via Chris Brown from Mark Dantonio/Pat Narduzzi at MSU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS4e8IQVwAEJ-Rl.jpg:large

For all of you trying not to be overwhelmed, stop the other team from getting a first down.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 09:16 PM
For all of you trying not to be overwhelmed, stop the other team from getting a first down.

So the Packers didn't use any of those coverages?

QBME
01-07-2018, 09:28 PM

Well, now with Dom dismissed, it is fair to say that he most obviously overlooked the double inverted over cover ditch your mother basic defense. Duh.

I am not speaking ill of the reposed.

call_me_ishmael
01-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Now that the GM is in place and it's a Packer guy, there is little reason to believe MM will be here only one year unless they dramatically underachieve. With a presumably healthy Rodgers, I think that's unlikely. I don't think they'll have any problems finding a quality DC now.

It's probably going to be Fangio and announced Tuesday or Wed along with McAdoo and Philbin hires.

Bretsky
01-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Now that the GM is in place and it's a Packer guy, there is little reason to believe MM will be here only one year unless they dramatically underachieve. With a presumably healthy Rodgers, I think that's unlikely. I don't think they'll have any problems finding a quality DC now.

It's probably going to be Fangio and announced Tuesday or Wed along with McAdoo and Philbin hires.

The Philbin hire was a GREAT MOVE by Mike Mccarthy
The both have mutual respect and AROD really enjoys Philbin
Hopefully our new DC and the additions greatly enhance our staff
Philbin is a nice start

woodbuck27
01-09-2018, 12:25 AM
https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01/packers-will-interview-mike-pettine-dc-job/

PACKERS WILL INTERVIEW MIKE PETTINE FOR DC JOB

01/08/2018

pbmax
01-09-2018, 08:09 AM

I think they tried to play them all. At the same time.

Joemailman
01-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Even though Chargers’ DC Gus Bradley’s contract expired today, Packers have requested permission to interview him for their DC job, per league source. Seahawks also interested, as are others.

I guess the Packers are just trying to be polite.

pbmax
01-09-2018, 05:46 PM
I guess the Packers are just trying to be polite.

The new communication standard hasn't trickled down to their calendar coordination.