PDA

View Full Version : Ding dong Capers will be gone!

Tony Oday
12-31-2017, 07:00 AM
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1457703

Only 5 years too late.

red
12-31-2017, 07:53 AM
Thank god

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 07:57 AM
His hairpiece should be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Better late than never. I do feel for Dom on a personal level but this move is way overdue.

red
12-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Better late than never. I do feel for Dom on a personal level but this move is way overdue.

Don’t

He’s been well compensated for his years of mediocrity to the club

Would you personally feel bad if it was a player who was let go for underperforming?

Did you feel bad for datone when he left the club?

Joemailman
12-31-2017, 10:19 AM
Don’t

He’s been well compensated for his years of mediocrity to the club

Would you personally feel bad if it was a player who was let go for underperforming?

Did you feel bad for datone when he left the club?

That's not even close to being an apt comparison. Capers had a lot to do with the last Super Bowl Title this team has. Despite a ton of injuries that year, his defense was better than the Packers offense. That defense won the NFC Title Game in Chicago when Rodgers had an off day. That defense was dominating the Super Bowl until they lost Sam Shields and Charles Woodson on successive plays. I agree that Dom has to go, but he made a significant contribution to the Packers last championship. If the Packers cut Jordy Nelson, will you feel no different about that than if they cut Jeff Janis?

red
12-31-2017, 10:30 AM
I think maybe they should cut jordy

George Cumby
12-31-2017, 10:40 AM
That's not even close to being an apt comparison. Capers had a lot to do with the last Super Bowl Title this team has. Despite a ton of injuries that year, his defense was better than the Packers offense. That defense won the NFC Title Game in Chicago when Rodgers had an off day. That defense was dominating the Super Bowl until they lost Sam Shields and Charles Woodson on successive plays. I agree that Dom has to go, but he made a significant contribution to the Packers last championship. If the Packers cut Jordy Nelson, will you feel no different about that than if they cut Jeff Janis?

+1

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 10:56 AM
I hope the new guy has a catchy name with a few letters that flows well after "Fire." I'm just thinking of you all and making your lives easier when posting in the game day threads.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 10:58 AM

I have a lot of respect for Dom Capers and his accomplishments with the Packers. However, his run with the organization needs to end now, and probably should have ended sooner.

Freak Out
12-31-2017, 11:03 AM
His hairpiece should be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.

LOL. I love the Christopher Pike TT. Ha!

Rutnstrut
12-31-2017, 11:52 AM
I hope the new guy has a catchy name with a few letters that flows well after "Fire." I'm just thinking of you all and making your lives easier when posting in the game day threads.

It's ok. You can start a go fund me for Dom since you are so worried about him. Not that I believe the Packers will have the balls to actually get rid of spray paint hair.

Gotarace
12-31-2017, 11:56 AM
http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/james-bettcher/6063f361-528b-42ab-af20-ddba7929ebf9 Bring him to Titletown Please.

George Cumby
12-31-2017, 11:58 AM
http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/james-bettcher/6063f361-528b-42ab-af20-ddba7929ebf9 Bring him to Titletown Please.

Looks like McCarthys kid brother.

Bretsky
12-31-2017, 12:00 PM

Kind of agree; I was one of the last to jump on the Donmustgo Wagon

I still dnn't think he was bad

When TT gave Dom talent. and vets in the secondary who knew WTF they were ding, Dom was fine. But TT's and Dom are not a good match

Gotarace
12-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Looks like McCarthys kid brother.
With a top 5 defence every season he coached....they could destroy Old Country Buffet together...

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 02:29 PM
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1457703

Only 5 years too late.

We can only hope. :bang:

Guiness
12-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I assume this is all still just conjecture.

red
12-31-2017, 04:03 PM
I assume this is all still just conjecture.

Correct, based off one article and one in named team source

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:43 PM
There are a few places with reports of Capers leaving. ESPN, Bleacher Report and ProFootball Talk.

red
12-31-2017, 04:52 PM
There are a few places with reports of Capers leaving. ESPN, Bleacher Report and ProFootball Talk.

They are all based off the same story I believe

It’s all based on Adam schefter reporting that capers is not expected back

No one else has actually confirmed the story yet, and nobody has said for a fact that he will be gone

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 05:03 PM
It's ok. You can start a go fund me for Dom since you are so worried about him. Not that I believe the Packers will have the balls to actually get rid of spray paint hair.

He's a nice guy and a decent DC. I suspect they can do better, but I'm betting it won't be as easy as you constitutive complainers think. Enjoy your bitching and moaning. My New Years resolution is to disengage. God Bless!

denverYooper
12-31-2017, 05:12 PM
He's a nice guy and a decent DC. I suspect they can do better, but I'm betting it won't be as easy as you constitutive complainers think. Enjoy your bitching and moaning. My New Years resolution is to disengage. God Bless!

This.

Change is needed but it won't be a magic elixir.

The Saints are a good example -- HOF QB / Hot offensive coach, but once they had to drop Gregg Williams they wandered around in the desert for a few years' worth of Brees prime before they hit on a functional defense again.

I mostly plan to enjoy the next 5 years of Packers football, come what may.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:13 PM
They are all based off the same story I believe

It’s all based on Adam schefter reporting that capers is not expected back

No one else has actually confirmed the story yet, and nobody has said for a fact that he will be gone

Schefter is usually on target with his reports so let's hope he's right about this one too.

wist43
12-31-2017, 05:18 PM
Full disclosure...

I, wist, am the "unnamed source" behind this story. I was hoping to start a movement :D

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 05:19 PM
This.

The Saints are a good example -- HOF QB / Hot offensive coach, but once they had to drop Gregg Williams they wandered around in the desert for a few years' worth of Brees prime before they hit on a functional defense again.

I hope we don't wind up with a Rob Ryan type hire. If we do, we'll waste more of Rodgers remaining years.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Full disclosure...

I, wist, am the "unnamed source" behind this story. I was hoping to start a movement :D

Then you owe us a competent hire and no more wilderness on D. Pick your man wist!

red
12-31-2017, 05:46 PM
Schefter is usually on target with his reports so let's hope he's right about this one too.

Trust me, I think all of us have our fingers crossed just waiting for confirmation

red
12-31-2017, 05:48 PM
This.

Decent DCs can turn a team around in the first year

Hell even capers managed to do that everywhere he went in the first year or two

And it should take a whole hell of a lot to make this shitshow we’ve had for years look even a little better

The new guy just has to show up and say, from now on, we’re gonna try covering people

pbmax
12-31-2017, 06:33 PM
Any new D coordinator, a competent one anyway, will get better results for 8 games. There is no film on the new defense and players in the new scheme.

Its what happens afterward that is important. Its what made 2010 so good, after a 2009 of fantastic D.

wist43
12-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Then you owe us a competent hire and no more wilderness on D. Pick your man wist!

I haven't even looked at who might be available... he still isn't gone, so I'm assuming he stays.

Capers leaving?? I'll believe it when I see it.

George Cumby
12-31-2017, 07:23 PM
I haven't even looked at who might be available... he still isn't gone, so I'm assuming he stays.

Don’t be a pussy. Make your call.

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Don’t be a pussy. Make your call.

I'm surprised he won't given that only Wist has access to Pure Truth.

George Cumby
12-31-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm surprised he won't given that only Wist has access to Pure Truth.

Heavy lies the Crown.

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 07:33 PM

No kidding !

Why waste good time and analysis on the likes of TT and MM and what they should have done or dump Dom Capers years ago..

Knowing those Guys as I believe I've assessed them. They'll keep Dom Capers around so they have something else to use as 'a Scapegoat Complaint' next Season, if it goes South again.

Pugger
01-01-2018, 08:44 AM

And it should take a whole hell of a lot to make this shitshow we’ve had for years look even a little better

The new guy just has to show up and say, from now on, we’re gonna try covering people

Yes, look what happened with the Rams.

bobblehead
01-01-2018, 09:38 AM
With a top 5 defence every season he coached....they could destroy Old Country Buffet together...

Not this season

red
01-01-2018, 10:13 AM
One story just said that even if the team has decided to move on from capers, fat mike may not make it official for another week

Good ole stubby dragging his ass across the carpet again

Give him a day, if he doesn’t announce capers is gone, then the team needs to make an announcement saying both are gone

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 10:25 AM
One story just said that even if the team has decided to move on from capers, fat mike may not make it official for another week

Good ole stubby dragging his ass across the carpet again

Give him a day, if he doesn’t announce capers is gone, then the team needs to make an announcement saying both are gone

Why? What's the hurry? A lot of the people they might want to interview for the DC position are likely still coaching for playoff teams, or may be in line for HC interviews.

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2018, 10:26 AM

I was heartened by seeing somebody say it wasn't sure ....... until I noticed it was Wist hahahaha. Yeah, it looks like Capers is going - a helluva way to wake up New Years morning.

They damn well better replace him with somebody similar - like Aranda - because with the lousy personnel that Ted Thompson has provided, you people who think it's bad now are gonna be in for a shock. This Packer D just can't line up and play straight up with other teams. We NEED that scheming, trickery, and compensation.

red
01-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Why? What's the hurry? A lot of the people they might want to interview for the DC position are likely still coaching for playoff teams, or may be in line for HC interviews.

You don’t have to hire a guy right off the bat, but why keep a guy around if you know you’re going to fire him

This smells just like last year where everyone was calling for capers head, but dickhead stalled, waiting the storm out. Then somehow managed to bring his hero back for another year

Stubby is stalling, why is he stalling?

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 11:09 AM
You don’t have to hire a guy right off the bat, but why keep a guy around if you know you’re going to fire him

This smells just like last year where everyone was calling for capers head, but dickhead stalled, waiting the storm out. Then somehow managed to bring his hero back for another year

Stubby is stalling, why is he stalling?

Mike McCarthy isn't only very stubborn I've seen him as sneaky.

He's certainly not all that bright or we would see a much more precise and growing Man in his role as the Packers Head Coach. With Mike McCarthy you get one thing.

The same Ole Same Ole Mike McCarthy and that spells as the Green Bay Packers Head Coach; we'll never enjoy another Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers as the Star Player behind Center.

This was the perfect year as it's all gone down to see a complete Change in Green Bay. All three TT and MM and Dom Capers FIRED !

Instead, we have to endure more BULLSHIT and more excuses and classic Scapegoating, as it's been since our beloved Green Bay Packers won the last Super Bowl.

One Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers ! That's indeed a shame

Aaron Rodgers is arguably the Finest of all NFL players. The blame for that falls clearly on the Brass and the Green Bay Packers.

QBME
01-01-2018, 11:35 AM

Coordinators and Assistant Coaches for play off teams are actually allowed to interview during the playoffs. There are set time frames depending if they are on a wildcard team or if they have a first round bye.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 11:45 AM

The real issue is in TT and MM and Dom Capers we have:

Dumb (DC Dom Capers) Dumber (HC Mike McCarthy and Dumbest (GM Ted Thompson).

It's over the top too obvious.

Tony Oday
01-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Dom was fired after the game.

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Dom was fired after the game.

Kool-aid drinker. :-)

Tony Oday
01-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers was fired following Sunday night's loss at Detroit, per a source. There will be other changes among the defensive coaching staff to follow. https://t.co/h6zqb2niJf

pbmax
01-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers was fired following Sunday night's loss at Detroit, per a source. There will be other changes among the defensive coaching staff to follow. https://t.co/h6zqb2niJf
Red, was this sufficiently fast?

red
01-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Finally, now we can celebrate

Here’s the whole story

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21934687/green-bay-packers-fire-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers

red
01-01-2018, 01:40 PM

Well, I could argue that it is a few years too late

But yes, this is sufficient for the situation we have found ourselves in

pbmax
01-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Tom Silverstein confirms.

Wilde thinks Whitt will get some run as candidate. Spoon thinks Perry will.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 01:45 PM

Damn...the NFL Network and Ian Rapaport isn`t even reporting this NEWS os Rumour today !?

What's with (if this is the TRUTH) and the 'Hush Hush' !?

Ohh Yea...I forgot it`s the Green Bay Packer way.

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Finally, now we can celebrate

Here’s the whole story

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21934687/green-bay-packers-fire-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers

The Packers have several in-house candidates to replace Dom Capers, including associate head coach for the defense Winston Moss, cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr., safeties coach Darren Perry and defensive line coach Mike Trgovac. Of that group, only Trgovac has previously served as an NFL defensive coordinator. He ran the Carolina Panthers' defense from 2003-08. He came to Green Bay with Capers in 2009.

The Packers also could look at outside candidates. At the top of that list would Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who was Capers' defensive coordinator in Carolina from 1995-98 and runs a similar defensive scheme.

I sure hope it's an outside candidate.

red
01-01-2018, 01:50 PM
There is not a single member of the current defensive staff that I would want to keep, much less be our next DC

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 02:00 PM
There is not a single member of the current defensive staff that I would want to keep, much less be our next DC

I wouldn't mind keeping Trgovac. I don't think Whitt and Perry can work together. I'm worried that MM will keep Winston Moss.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM

Are you really serious?

" The Packers' defense finished 22nd this season, the fourth time it has finished in the bottom third of the NFL in seven years (including a dead-last ranking 2011).

Capers hasn't finished with a top-10 defense since the Super Bowl season of 2010, when it ranked fifth.

The Packers have finished outside the top-15 in the defensive rankings six of the last seven years. "

Was this FIRING "Fast Enough'?

Is that question some kind of joke?

Fosco33
01-01-2018, 02:21 PM
It's called sarcasm, woody.

Normally M3 waits to do all the eval/close out process for a few weeks before making changes.

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2018, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't mind keeping Trgovac. I don't think Whitt and Perry can work together. I'm worried that MM will keep Winston Moss.

I'm with you.

Cheesehead Craig
01-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Well, I could argue that it is a few years too late

But yes, this is sufficient for the situation we have found ourselves in

Agree. Thrilled he is gone.

Pugger
01-01-2018, 02:40 PM
I heard there is a chance the entire defensive staff could be out the door. :shock:

beveaux1
01-01-2018, 02:44 PM
I heard there is a chance the entire defensive staff could be out the door. :shock:

You want to let the new DC pick his guys.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 03:00 PM

NO Kidding, but in all likelihood and unfortunately will be someone that Mike McCarthy can control.

In Green Bay CONTROL is everything.

QBME
01-01-2018, 03:07 PM

That’s intriguing...where or from whom did you hear it?

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 03:13 PM
You want to let the new DC pick his guys.

That's not the way they've done it in the past. I think only Perry and Kevin Greene were Capers guys. I would like to see the new DC have more input this time though.

Pugger
01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
That’s intriguing...where or from whom did you hear it?

Rats. I can't find where I saw this now... :???:

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Lions have requested permission to interview Winston Moss for their HC job.

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 03:33 PM

AGREE COMPLETELY

The entire defensive staff should be let go

Bring in an outsider DC and he fills up his own staff.

There is a LOT more than Dom Capers wrong on the staff

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Tom Silverstein confirms.

Wilde thinks Whitt will get some run as candidate. Spoon thinks Perry will.

YUK

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 03:36 PM

I've never liked Winston Moss at all either. Even before MM gave him his special title

red
01-01-2018, 03:38 PM

Lol

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Rats. I can't find where I saw this now... :???:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/01/01/packers-dismiss-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers/993036001/

Two of Capers' assistants -- defensive line coach Mike Trgovac and inside linebackers coach Scott McCurley -- also are out, a source confirmed. More assistants are likely to follow them out the door.

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 03:40 PM

Lol

Rooney Rule?

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YZAWEqU0rlQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Haaaharrrruuuuuggghhhhh..Your Killing me with that shit !

red
01-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Rooney Rule?

Gotta be

red
01-01-2018, 04:07 PM
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/01/01/packers-dismiss-defensive-coordinator-dom-capers/993036001/

Those are the two parts of the defense that weren’t terrible imo

Hopefully that means the rest of the clowns will be gone too

ZachMN
01-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Now you all got you wish- Capers is gone although the offensive genius known as M3 is still here where his offensive acumen is so awesome we got shut out twice. It ain't all losing Prissy Arod......the malaise is still present and choke jobs will continue in the future and in the most important games.

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Now you all got you wish- Capers is gone although the offensive genius known as M3 is still here where his offensive acumen is so awesome we got shut out twice. It ain't all losing Prissy Arod......the malaise is still present and choke jobs will continue in the future and in the most important games.

With AROD we're almost always a playoff team. Moving forward it can only get better

Smidgeon
01-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Those are the two parts of the defense that weren’t terrible imo

Hopefully that means the rest of the clowns will be gone too

Unless M3 thinks the talent at those positions was better than their production.

Pugger
01-01-2018, 06:19 PM

Let's hope they hire him...

Pugger
01-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Well, aren't you the Party Pooper.

QBME
01-01-2018, 06:27 PM
193 posts and all is evident. Away with you obnoxious TROLL.

pbmax
01-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Wait a minute, Prissy Arod ...

Is this just Tank again?

QBME
01-01-2018, 07:10 PM

Is this just Tank again?

Dunno. Need KY to weigh in, he’s the one with instinct.

ZachMN
01-01-2018, 08:11 PM
193 posts and all is evident. Away with you obnoxious TROLL.

HA HA HA! Yeah I'm a troll. Born and raised in Minneapolis. Packer fan since I was ...oh 5 or 6? So I'm on the front lines with the WORST fan base in all sports......I love Arod but facts are facts...he's prissy. Doesn't take away from his awesome talent but he's prissy Arod to me! Anyway I'm not going anywhere...just because I won't play by the rules set forth by the local philistines doesn't make me a troll so be gone with YOU!

call_me_ishmael
01-01-2018, 08:28 PM
What stinks is if MM is a lameduck or a token extension coach, it'll be that much tougher to hire a quality DC.

QBME
01-01-2018, 08:32 PM
HA HA HA! Yeah I'm a troll. Born and raised in Minneapolis. Packer fan since I was ...oh 5 or 6? So I'm on the front lines with the WORST fan base in all sports......I love Arod but facts are facts...he's prissy. Doesn't take away from his awesome talent but he's prissy Arod to me! Anyway I'm not going anywhere...just because I won't play by the rules set forth by the local philistines doesn't make me a troll so be gone with YOU!
Fair enough. Recognition of the affliction is the first step to redemption.

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Why finally DC Dom Capers was let go - The Hard Facts

Yet, how did this really get done?

Article LINK:

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/packers-early-elimination-begets-offseason-ripe-for-shakeups/

Packers' early elimination begets offseason ripe for shakeups

Question:

Was it actually HC Mike McCarthy's call to let go of DC Dom Capers and other Defensive Coaches?

This isn't a move characteristic of Mike McCarthy's style and personality.

Mike McCarthy's last contract like TT's runs through the 2018 Season. Mike McCarthy hasn't in the past let many of his Coaches go. Mike McCarthy and TT are both Conservative in their styles.

1) Just FIRED DC Dom Capers replaced Former DC Bob Sanders.

2) MM finally, 'finally replaced' his long time Buddy Shawn Slocum as the ST's Coach after too many Seasons of us knowing that had to be done.

So what is really going on in Green Bay and these sudden moves that are not characteristic of how the Green Bay Packers, don't get business taken cared of?

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Well, aren't you the Party Pooper.

Hahahaha :-)

Joemailman
01-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
The Packers' GM search will not impact coach Mike McCarthy's timeline for hiring a defensive coordinator or other assistants. "Mike has that authority," team president Mark Murphy said. "Things move quickly on the coaching side. You don't want to put yourself at a disadvantage."

KYPack
01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Dunno. Need KY to weigh in, he’s the one with instinct.

Nope.

See posts above.

I'm the sensei at spotting Tank when he slimes in the forum under a phony ID.

When he comes in the front door, it takes a lot of the fun out of the whole deal.

woodbuck27
01-04-2018, 10:22 AM

Is this just Tank again?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/mobile-doppler-radar-truck-scans-a-storm-near-pickstown-south-dakota-picture-id130134028?s=170667a

woodbuck27
01-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Did this really happen to MM's Defensive Guru Dom Capers in this past 2017 Season?

Here is listed a variety of defensive statistics, showing both the rank in the NFL and the average value of the statistic thru Game 14.

The Stat in Green is where you need to be to have a reasonable chance of winning a Super Bowl Championship.

https://coachch.weebly.com/uploads/5/7/9/6/57963593/05_4_orig.jpg

Note: This Table is copied from an NFL And Packer Information Source.

If, after reviewing the table above, you'll certainly agree that the Packers had a severe problem with the Dom Capers Defense? The real Issue is that it was like that way too many Season's, since the last Super Bowl win (2010 Season).

Why did TT and MM allow that to continue?