View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

red
12-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Why did they go for 2?

What was the point?

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 02:39 PM
No effort at all on that sweep. Bunch a guys just half-assing it wanting to get off the field.

red
12-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Dix should have to pay GB his game check back for the effort he has given today.

He clearly didn’t want to be out there, and he made sure everyone knew it

beveaux1
Why did they go for 2?

What was the point?

Had a cool play. Wanted to show it to the home crowd. Knew we couldn't do anything with it. Caldwell's last hurrah.

ThunderDan
Why did they go for 2?

What was the point?

No clue. We did it so I guess they felt they needed to do it.

Teamcheez1
That's the Capers Cover Zero defense.

That means at least one receiver is not covered by anyone.

red
12-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Most of us haven’t. Just a few Janis lovers.

Janis is complete shit

Is he even doing anything on ST?

That’s the only reason he’s even on the team?

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Ohh my GOD !

Yes ! ....Dom Capers might finally actually be gone.

Now can we see Hundley on the bench PLEASE MM ?

Just do it MM !

ThunderDan
12-31-2017, 02:42 PM

Do you sign Burnett and release Dix to send a message to the team and hope Bryce and Jones can step up?

Your defensive leader cannot quit on his team.

Bretsky
12-31-2017, 02:42 PM
you guys even wonder what it means that we have not seen Callashan yet ?

GB doesn't see much in him

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 02:44 PM

I don't see much in Hundley.

Bretsky
who do we need to win to improve our draft status ?

ThunderDan
Janis is complete shit

Is he even doing anything on ST?

That’s the only reason he’s even on the team?

He has been a good gunner but they did pull him as the kickoff return guy part way through the season.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 02:45 PM
Offense looks great when it doesn't matter.

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 02:45 PM
OK MM maybe after that Hundley Pick PLEASE bench your rotten Backup QB.

Put the Irishman in. :-)

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 02:46 PM

I think this is true.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 02:46 PM
Offense looks great when it doesn't matter.

I retract my previous statement.

red
12-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Looks like we will either pick 14th or 15th

Depending on how the cardinals do tonight against the seahawks

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 02:49 PM
Williams hurt. Probably throwing up because of this team effort.

red
12-31-2017, 02:50 PM
who do we need to win to improve our draft status ?

Washington is losing to the giants, they are picking ahead of us. The cardinals are also 7-8 and play the Seahawks tonight, they are also ahead of us

It doesn’t look like any of the 6-9 teams are gonna win

Rutnstrut
12-31-2017, 02:52 PM

That's the kind of player you suspend without pay and make an example of. If he comes back with the same attitude you trade his ass to the Browns.

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 02:52 PM
Callahan playing.

ThunderDan
12-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Please run the clock out and end this game.

Teamcheez1
12-31-2017, 02:56 PM
If Mays can play on the last series, he should have been playing sooner.

ThunderDan
12-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Stop missing throws. Stops the clock.

ThunderDan
12-31-2017, 02:58 PM
That sis not the last play. It was 4th down idiot announcer. Change of possession.

MadScientist
12-31-2017, 02:58 PM
I know it was a drive that didn't go anywhere in garbage time of a meaningless game, but I still liked what I saw from Callahan more than Hundley.

ThunderDan
12-31-2017, 02:59 PM
I know it was a drive that didn't go anywhere in garbage time of a meaningless game, but I still liked what I saw from Callahan more than Hundley.

He knows how to sling the rock and will hit his check down.

woodbuck27
12-31-2017, 03:05 PM

Too bad MM doesn't have the same brilliance you have to realize that.

Ohh yea.....MM has complete confidence in Brett Hundley. :roll:

yetisnowman
12-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Dix should have to pay GB his game check back for the effort he has given today.

I think you mean he should pay GB back for the entire season. He has been consistently lazy and pathetic all year.

The Shadow
12-31-2017, 03:30 PM
I don't see much in Hundley.

I do not see Hundley as an NFL qb. With Rodgers, we should have a competent backup veteran to back up the position.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 03:32 PM
There will be no More Banjo thread as the big news, Capers and draft position, will be covered elsewhere. If I see injury info, I'll post it here.

The Shadow
12-31-2017, 03:37 PM
There will be no More Banjo thread as the big news, Capers and draft position, will be covered elsewhere. If I see injury info, I'll post it here.

Could you perhaps start a new More Fangio thread?

Rutnstrut
12-31-2017, 03:47 PM
I do not see Hundley as an NFL qb. With Rodgers, we should have a competent backup veteran to back up the position.

It's all good, Hundley has 3 years in this system.

Harlan Huckleby
12-31-2017, 03:49 PM
When does the game kickoff? I'm confused.

Harlan Huckleby
12-31-2017, 03:51 PM
It's all good, Hundley has 3 years in this system.

Graham Harrell territory

Guiness
12-31-2017, 03:51 PM

The old saying goes that the backup QB is the most popular player on a losing team. But I agree with TDan, I liked what I saw, even if it was in garbage time.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 04:15 PM
Could you perhaps start a new More Fangio thread?

It just doesn't sound right yet.

George Cumby
12-31-2017, 04:17 PM
It just doesn't sound right yet.

How about “Ask Vic”?

pbmax
12-31-2017, 04:27 PM
Was Callahan's series this game really more impressive than Hundley's preseason 3 years ago?

Hint: The answer is no.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 04:28 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
Packers RB Jamaal Williams is being evaluated for a concussion. They're down to only fullbacks, Aaron Ripkowski and Joe Kerridge.

https://t.co/EPjHQsfPKO

He forgot Mays though.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 04:29 PM
McCarthy before anyone asked about Capers or staff changes:

Here's what Mike McCarthy had to say before anyone could ask the Dom Capers/future question: "Let me say this, I’ll answer questions about Packers versus the Lions today, OK. I get where we’re at this point of the season. I haven’t been in this position for a number of years but I’m here to answer questions about the game, so let’s not waste each other’s time."

pbmax
12-31-2017, 04:32 PM
Spoon:

Mike McCarthy got a little testy when I asked whether he thought offensive players looked demoralized going two games with 1 TD under Hundley. "No, I don’t. And it’s not apparent. And if anybody tells you so, he’s full of s--- .We don’t have that nonsense in our culture."

Ryan Wood

Safety Morgan Burnett said he has not had any contract talks with #Packers. Sounds like he'll hit the open market. Will be interesting to see his value. Considering it's a sub league, it certainly helps that he has versatility to play ILB and safety.

red
12-31-2017, 04:32 PM
Sounds like someone’s bitter

Must have been forced to get rid of his idol, like slocum

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Hope for a big shake up after this game...maybe black monday will mean something in titletown this year. Stubby has to feel a warm breath on the back of his neck after this bloodbath.

I seriously doubt McCarthy is feeling any heat. Capers is another matter entirely.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:49 PM
Did the announcer really say if the D player does a rip move the OL should be able to hold?

Mark Schlereth was an offensive guard.

denverYooper
12-31-2017, 04:49 PM
Spoon:

Ryan Wood

I like it when M3 gets salty about fan perception and the beat writers' attempts to milk that for a story. It was a dumb question in the same vein as body language analysis.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:51 PM
This game is a real conundrum. Always want the Pack to do well and win, but today a win screws up the better draft pick. Really hoping nobody gets seriously hurt.

Besides Geronimo and Mays did anyone else get hurt today?

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:53 PM
Haha isn’t even trying, get him off the field

I don't blame him for going thru the motions. Why get hurt in a game that doesn't mean anything?

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:54 PM
Really? Announcer just had an opportunity to actually make a factual statement about how Hundley was like Rodgers just now. He hurried to the line and forced a timeout by Detroit. These guys suck.

Of course they suck. That's why they announce meaningless games like this one.

Rutnstrut
12-31-2017, 04:54 PM
double post, site is very glitchy tonight.

Rutnstrut
12-31-2017, 04:55 PM
I don't blame him for going thru the motions. Why get hurt in a game that doesn't mean anything?

Because he is paid a shit ton of money to do a job. If he doesn't want to be there, do a Raji and quit.

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 04:55 PM

Williams. Concussion

red
12-31-2017, 04:56 PM

Williams left the game towards the end with a concussion

Pugger
12-31-2017, 04:57 PM
Hundley is limited, but the team is doing him no favors. Right side of the OL can't handle Ansah, receivers can't catch the ball, even our returner is giving him the ball inside the 15.

I'm not surprised Ansah is having his way over there. I noticed he didn't stay on Bak's side very long. Hundley got hammered today so we can't say he's soft.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:00 PM
House is hurt. At least he tried to make the tackle.

That poor guy played at less than 100%. Kudos to him for gutting it out today.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:03 PM
Tell you one thing I've noticed. Without Adams, Nelson, or Allison, Janis has done nothing. Davis has done next to nothing. Kendricks has done nothing. I see why these guys do not play.

Maybe it's time to churn the bottom of the roster.

And meaningless games like these are a good time to find all of this out. Janis is a decent special teamer but that's about it.

red
12-31-2017, 05:03 PM
I seriously doubt McCarthy is feeling any heat. Capers is another matter entirely.

He is if he is unwilling to get rid of capers, the whole packer nation know it’s time for capers to go

So if m3 is unwilling to do it, then the higher up need to step in, like they have with others in the past

This season has shown that m3 is not untouchable and could possibly be easily replaced

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:04 PM
We do not utilize TEs like other teams do. We’ve had the talent, we just don’t use it enough

If gronk was in Green Bay he’d probably be a 400 yard 5 td guy every year

Right now we have one below average TE on the active roster so I don't know what you were expecting...

beveaux1
12-31-2017, 05:05 PM
I'm not surprised Ansah is having his way over there. I noticed he didn't stay on Bak's side very long. Hundley got hammered today so we can't say he's soft.

He's ok when he takes a 3 step drop and throws short. He's really pretty accurate short. If his first read is open at 8 - 12 yds, he can make the throw, but his receivers haven't caught it in the past 2 games.

Deep, he's shown no accuracy. He has trouble going to the 2nd read and he has happy feet. Right now, he's at his best tucking and running if his first read is covered on a 5 step more more drop.

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:06 PM
Our 2 best cbs aren’t that much better then our 2 worst guys

That is the biggest exaggeration I've read on this site today and I've seen several. :lol:

Pugger
12-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Why did they go for 2?

What was the point?

Are you talking about Detroit going for 2 or us? If Mike was using this game as a opportunity to look at young guys then it was a good move. We all know all about Crosby.

mraynrand
12-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Packers decided to sit some guys who could have played if the game mattered. This is what can happen when you send the message that the game doesn't matter.

It does matter. It's better if they lose. That's why you flood the roster with second stringers and practice squad guys. To make certain you lose while demanding the best from the guys out there. With a few exceptions, that's what you got. Mission accomplished.

red
12-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Are you talking about Detroit going for 2 or us? If Mike was using this game as a opportunity to look at young guys then it was a good move. We all know all about Crosby.

Detroit

Game seemed way out of reach at that point.

Like dan said, they must have just done it because we did it

red
12-31-2017, 05:40 PM
That is the biggest exaggeration I've read on this site today and I've seen several. :lol:

I know the koolaide crowd like to think that the top 2 packer CBS are somehow the two best cbs in the league

But they are not

King is still a rookie and has a long ways to go before he becomes a solid #1. He makes about one big play for every 2 bad ones

Randall, is Terrell Buckley 2.0. I think I remember him not whiffing on 1 maybe 2 tackles. He did get some ints, but he probably make 1 good play for every 5 or 6 terrible one

Rollins is complete shit, who I think might have played his last game as a packer earlier this season

House is house, doesn’t make a ton of plays, gives up some big plays, but doesn’t completely blow coverage like Randall

If this was madden, our starting cbs would probably be rated in the low to mid 70s, while the guys we had out there today are probably mid to upper 60s

It’s not like we’ve lost a couple of stud cbs

Guiness
12-31-2017, 05:59 PM
Was Callahan's series this game really more impressive than Hundley's preseason 3 years ago?

Hint: The answer is no.

Fer cryin' out loud, didja read my post?

Let me refresh your memory - "The most popular player on a losing team is the backup quarterback!"

pbmax
12-31-2017, 06:16 PM
Fer cryin' out loud, didja read my post?

Let me refresh your memory - "The most popular player on a losing team is the backup quarterback!"

Wasn't aiming at you! Sorry for the collateral damage.

pbmax
12-31-2017, 06:22 PM
How about “Ask Vic”?

Stupid answers to typical questions? Sounds like a regular feature.

channtheman
12-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Tell you one thing I've noticed. Without Adams, Nelson, or Allison, Janis has done nothing. Davis has done next to nothing. Kendricks has done nothing. I see why these guys do not play.

Maybe it's time to churn the bottom of the roster.

This is a good point. I can't imagine it's hard to find a gunner on punt returns (Janis touted strength).

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 02:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017123102/2017/REG17/Packers@Lions?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017123102#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap30000009 00665&tab=recap&analyze=boxscore

The Lions last TD rushing in this game and the embarrassing 2 Point Conversion against the Packers NO Defense is at the 6:56 Mark of this Video.

That reminded me somewhat of the embarrassing Seattle Seahawks offensive play call against that Packer `sleeping NO DEFENSE`in the playoff game;`that fueled that loss Vs the Seahawks in Seattle.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 02:50 PM
I know the koolaide crowd like to think that the top 2 packer CBS are somehow the two best cbs in the league

But they are not

King is still a rookie and has a long ways to go before he becomes a solid #1. He makes about one big play for every 2 bad ones

Randall, is Terrell Buckley 2.0. I think I remember him not whiffing on 1 maybe 2 tackles. He did get some ints, but he probably make 1 good play for every 5 or 6 terrible one

Rollins is complete shit, who I think might have played his last game as a packer earlier this season

House is house, doesn’t make a ton of plays, gives up some big plays, but doesn’t completely blow coverage like Randall

If this was madden, our starting cbs would probably be rated in the low to mid 70s, while the guys we had out there today are probably mid to upper 60s

It’s not like we’ve lost a couple of stud cbs

A solid POst..nailed it.

Repped.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Right now we have one below average TE on the active roster so I don't know what you were expecting...

There is a much better Option:

A GM that works as hard and is at least trying to be as brilliant ** as this Guy **; and NOT a GM that is in hiding most of the time:

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/sporting_news/fd/be/bill-belichick-050917-getty-ftr_8idm5s4wzx6d1gzyaf09cc47b.jpg?t=-301288221

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 03:56 PM
And meaningless games like these are a good time to find all of this out. Janis is a decent special teamer but that's about it.

Time to call a spade a spade.

Janis is a borderline great special teamer but he sucks as a WR and he's not getting better

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 04:02 PM

But they are not

King is still a rookie and has a long ways to go before he becomes a solid #1. TJ WATT ANYBODY ???

Randall, is Terrell Buckley 2.0. I think I remember him not whiffing on 1 maybe 2 tackles. NOT SURE I AGREE; DUDE HAS GREAT TALENT IF HE GETS HIS HEAD RIGHT

Rollins is complete shit, who I think might have played his last game as a packer earlier this season-----Looks like a non Thanksted pick

House is house, doesn’t make a ton of plays, gives up some big plays, but doesn’t completely blow coverage like Randall---Solid guy to have as a 3

It’s not like we’ve lost a couple of stud cbs I'd love to have 1