PDA

View Full Version : TT is done!!!!!

Rutnstrut
01-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Just on NFL network. He is transitioning away. I don't care where he goes as long as he's gone.

Strange Brew
01-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Just on NFL network. He is transitioning away. I don't care where he goes as long as he's gone.

Happy Days Are Here Again! Roll Out The Barrel!!!

Vincenzo
01-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Yaaa!!

https://thetomatos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/time-to-celebrate-clipart.jpg

red
01-01-2018, 06:34 PM
hOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

New gm, name your coach

pbmax
01-01-2018, 06:50 PM
My money would not have been on McCarthy winning an internal power struggle.

But I don't like the way this is shaping up. Coach and his QB stay with new GM and DC and no one knows who is in charge.

QBME
01-01-2018, 06:58 PM

But I don't like the way this is shaping up. Coach and his QB stay with new GM and DC and no one knows who is in charge.

Yup

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 07:21 PM

DO YOU BELIEVE MM AND TT HAD AN INTERNAL STRUGGLE AND THAT IS WHY TT IS NO LONGER THE GM ??

pbmax
01-01-2018, 07:22 PM
DO YOU BELIEVE MM AND TT HAD AN INTERNAL STRUGGLE AND THAT IS WHY TT IS NO LONGER THE GM ??

No. It was mainly a joke about McCarthy being the only one standing now.

pbmax
01-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty
Just confirmed @RapSheet report that Ted Thompson is moving to new role in Packers organization and the Packers will be hiring a new GM.

Reporters are split on titles and duties.

smuggler
01-01-2018, 07:51 PM
If we struggle next year, MM could be on the cutting block. New GM will want his own coach eventually methinks, even the GM is an in-house hire.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 08:10 PM

If MM goes before the GM hire is Aaron Rodgers using any of his STAR Power in making the calls?

That Aaron Rodgers feels (felt) he cannot win with TT and MM and Dom Capers?

A) From the TOP Dom Capers simply stunk up the joint as a DC. The record as that being a TRUTH is too obvious.

B) Mae and I certainly felt that Packer GM Ted Thompson didn`t appear right before the camera in media scrums. We wondered if he was showing clear sign of dementia? Time may give us an answer there. Not, that we expect (or hope to) to learn that result, as that`s a horrible fate It's simply again this: As we have viewed it, TT hasn`t been right for some time.

Now what`s left and Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy (and possibly?) Aaron Rodgers with any clear Power over decisions inGrenBay?

C) We all know very well that Mike McCarthy has a serious stubborn streak in him and thus won't simply or easily resign his HC position.

Ted Thompson and he have been together in Green Bay now for a very long time or a dozen years. MM has been in the Packers Organization 13 Years. So there might be a loyalty Pact been made between Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson? TT therefore would not take any responsibility for FIRING MM; and is he even capable of making such a decision?

I`ll go with experience in LIFE and a gut instinct for seeing bad shit. I also feel there have been times when it was obvious that there was a clear issue between Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy. That`s obvious watching the Body language and these two.

Time will tell if indeed Aaron Rodgers has a huge influence.

A real indicator that Aaron Rodgers does is if MM is FIRED prior to any new GM being brought in. It would be prudent to keep any TRUTH and Aaron Rodgers POWER less obvious (or in fact) that's not at all the TRUTH if A New GM allows MM one season to get things to a lot better.

As I view it, have viewed it all. The best plan right now is:

The Upper Brass would leave that to the New GM to decide. Ted Thompson retained Mike Sherman for one Season after his hire as a transition morve. That precedent is fixed in Green Bay in the most modern Packer History.

FIRE Mike McCarthy !?

Keeping Mike McCarthy around for any more of his Bullshit is just delaying the inevitable. What's MM going to do? Scapegoat on Ted Thompson and Dom Capers? This is the ideal time to simply act intelligently and clean House.

I hope that MM is not Packer Head Coach in the @018 Season.

FIRE Packer HC Mike McCarthy ASAP.

Bretsky
01-01-2018, 08:36 PM
If MM goes it`s in all likelihood that Aaron Rodgers is making the calls.

That Aaron Rodgers feels he cannot win with TT and MM and Dom Capers.

From the TOP Dom Capers simply stunk up the joint as a DC. The record as that being a TRUTH is too obvious.

Mae and I certainly felt that TT didn`t appear right before the camera in media scrums. We wondered if he was showing clear sign of dementia. Time may give us and answer there.

Now what`s left MM and Aaron Rodgers with any clear Power.

I have not liked MM going back in time over a decade and that was because I believe he`s sneaky I won`t go into the details why.I`ll go with experience in LIFE and a gut instinct for seeing bad shit. I also feel there have been times when it was obvious that there was a clear issue between Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy. That`s obvious watching the Body language and these two.

Time will tell if indeed Aaron Rodgers has a huge influence.

A real indicator that Aaron Rodgers does is if MM is FIRED prior to any new GM being brought in. It would be prudent to keep any TRUTH and Aaron Rodgers POWER less obvious or not at all the TRUTH if A New GM allows MM one season to get things to a lot better.

As I view it all and have viewed it all the best plan right now is before or after the New GM hire.

FIRE Mike McCarthy.

Keeping Mike McCarthy around for any more of his Bullshit is just delaying the inevitable unless a lot he`ll scapegoat on Ted Thompson, of that he might throw Ted Thompson under the bus over.

This is the ideal time to simply act intelligently and clean House.

FIRE Packer HC Mike McCarthy ASAP.

Green Bay hires Eliot Wolf, who likes MM

I don't get all the MM ridicule

Despits subpar talent on defense (and a poor DC if you buy into that) he has one of the most winning records in the NFL. We've made several runs when facing season elimination and hve a dam good record off bye weeks.

When MM gave up playcalling we went to crap; he took it back over and it was a great improvement

I can count the coaches Id clearly rather have on one hand.

If being liberal I'll make my way to the second hand

But no way do I find 10

Joemailman
01-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Green Bay hires Eliot Wolf, who likes MM

I don't get all the MM ridicule

Despits subpar talent on defense (and a poor DC if you buy into that) he has one of the most winning records in the NFL. We've made several runs when facing season elimination and hve a dam good record off bye weeks.

When MM gave up playcalling we went to crap; he took it back over and it was a great improvement

I can count the coaches Id clearly rather have on one hand.

If being liberal I'll make my way to the second hand

But no way do I find 10

If MM were fired, he's be unemployed for about 5 minutes. It's an indication of how spoiled a lot of Packer fans have gotten from 25 years of mostly winning that some people think he's not a top coach.

woodbuck27
01-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty
Just confirmed @RapSheet report that Ted Thompson is moving to new role in Packers organization and the Packers will be hiring a new GM.

Reporters are split on titles and duties.

The Green Bay Packers need a new Scouting Department and specifically better men in the Field..

It's time for a whole new look and a Brand New Five Year PLan.

red
01-01-2018, 09:01 PM
If MM were fired, he's be unemployed for about 5 minutes. It's an indication of how spoiled a lot of Packer fans have gotten from 25 years of mostly winning that some people think he's not a top coach.

A lot of people said that about mike Sherman too

A lot of people might actually look at his record without a HOF QB

Ps, it’s sub .500, and it’s almost a full season worth of games

pbmax
01-01-2018, 09:16 PM
If anything, the odds of Rodgers not signing long term again with the Packer have gone up, not down.

If the coach goes, Rodger is at less than even odds staying with Packers.

I don't think this is the players at all, I think this is Murphy getting heat from the Executive Committee.

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2018, 09:20 PM
McCarthy has his good points as well as his bad. It seems like the worst people say about him is he "plays to not lose", Well, most of the time that results in a win.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy go, but I doubt it happens, and that's ok too.

Power struggle between him and Ted? That strikes me as unlikely. Ted seemed like he GMed to not lose also, and that seemed to work with Aaron Rodgers making up for all the badness elsewhere. GMing, though, is a lot more of a long term thing, and rather than winning ugly in games like McCarthy, Ted's penchant for that hyper-caution and lack of creativity just let the team go gradually down hill.

We need the new guy to get his ass in gear from day one and build up the team while Aaron Rodgers is still young enough for it to make a difference.

Not signing Rodgers long term? If the new guy fails in that, he better put a guard on his dog, as a bunch of fans will be in his yard with poison.

beveaux1
01-01-2018, 09:43 PM
If anything, the odds of Rodgers not signing long term again with the Packer have gone up, not down.

I don't think this is the players at all, I think this is Murphy getting heat from the Executive Committee.

I think this is TT with some health issues. I believe he voluntarily stepped down and there was no power struggle or Executive Committee intervention. He’s 65 and ready to slow down.

pbmax
01-01-2018, 10:03 PM
I think this is TT with some health issues. I believe he voluntarily stepped down and there was no power struggle or Executive Committee intervention. He’s 65 and ready to slow down.

Could very well be, but announcing it now is weird. If he was leaving, announce it a month earlier and start the search before the playoffs, when only the Browns and Giants were hiring.

beveaux1
01-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Could very well be, but announcing it now is weird. If he was leaving, announce it a month earlier and start the search before the playoffs, when only the Browns and Giants were hiring.

Fits with the secrecy of TT. The fact that numerous articles in the JS lately have been about the replacement of the GM also leads me to think that something was leaking from 1265.

Also, signing Adams and Linsley signals an increased role for Ball as well as a “taking care of business” and the end of this GMs tenure.

I think the signs were there. I would also guess that MM has been extended. It might be that he will be given a title making him the new GMs boss as some organizations have done for their head coach. Time will tell.

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 05:59 AM

I agree.

Ted Thompson hasn't looked well to me.

Pugger
01-02-2018, 07:07 AM

I think it was Ted's decision alone to step down at this time. It is evident they have been grooming either Ball, Wolf or Guz to take over the GM reins eventually and they feel now is the time. Perhaps they feared they might lose their #1 choice to another team...?

Pugger
01-02-2018, 07:08 AM

He hasn't looked very good physically lately.

pbmax
01-02-2018, 07:32 AM
I think it was Ted's decision alone to step down at this time. It is evident they have been grooming either Ball, Wolf or Guz to take over the GM reins eventually and they feel now is the time. Perhaps they feared they might lose their #1 choice to another team...?

When successful GMs step away, they usually get valedictory press conferences.

This hasn't even merited a press release yet.

I expect we'll know soon enough.

pbmax
01-02-2018, 07:34 AM
Fits with the secrecy of TT. The fact that numerous articles in the JS lately have been about the replacement of the GM also leads me to think that something was leaking from 1265.

Also, signing Adams and Linsley signals an increased role for Ball as well as a “taking care of business” and the end of this GMs tenure.

I think the signs were there. I would also guess that MM has been extended. It might be that he will be given a title making him the new GMs boss as some organizations have done for their head coach. Time will tell.

Signing the two top FA guys is pretty much standard business in sign your own. Ball's job description doesn't need to change to get them done, he just needs a number.

Press has been speculating about Thompson's retirement since before his last contract.

ThunderDan
01-02-2018, 07:43 AM
When successful GMs step away, they usually get valedictory press conferences.

This hasn't even merited a press release yet.

I expect we'll know soon enough.

Of course it happened on New Years Eve and News Years Day. The season is over and I am sure personnel both administrative and athletic weren’t due back until today for the holiday.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2018, 01:30 PM
I really don't believe this myself, but I'll throw it out there: do you suppose the last straw in getting rid of Ted was the signing/overpaying? of two Packer FAs - Adams and Linsley? The timing is kinda curious. Maybe somebody - Murphy or the exec board didn't approve of more of the same, overpaying our own and steadfastly refusing to go after other teams' FAs.

beveaux1
01-02-2018, 02:05 PM
I really don't believe this myself, but I'll throw it out there: do you suppose the last straw in getting rid of Ted was the signing/overpaying? of two Packer FAs - Adams and Linsley? The timing is kinda curious. Maybe somebody - Murphy or the exec board didn't approve of more of the same, overpaying our own and steadfastly refusing to go after other teams' FAs.

He acted like he was completely on board in the press conference.