PDA

View Full Version : Injury list

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Tackle Chad Clifton attended practice in uniform Friday but didn't participate because of illness. He was added to the injury report as probable but coach Mike McCarthy said he would play Sunday against the Bears at Lambeau Field.

Fullback William Henderson didn't do much in practice Friday, 18 days after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery for cartilage damage. McCarthy called it a game-day decision.

Cornerback Will Blackmon was upgraded to questionable but isn't going to play. He returned to practice this week for the first time since suffering a broken foot May 21. He performed individual drills and some seven-on-seven.

"It's sore," he said. "I can go 100% but I'm not 100%. It's still healing.

"I thought this week would be fine but I didn’t want to push it this week and miss the next two weeks."
In Chicago, the Bears remain hopeful that defensive end Alex Brown (dislocated shoulder) will play. He practiced all week after suffering the injury Aug. 25.

If Brown can’t go, the Bears have a problem. His backup, Israel Idonije, is out with an ankle injury. They’d probably have to start defensive tackle Alfonso Boone at right end if Brown is sidelined.

Two backups, wide receiver Justin Gage (rib) and tight end Gabe Reid (back), appear out. It appears as if two other backups, running back Cedric Benson (shoulder) and wide receiver Mark Bradley (hip), will play. Safety Mike Brown (Achilles' tendon) definitely will start.