PDA

View Full Version : Turd Ferguson

SkinBasket
01-02-2018, 07:48 AM
So I know he’s black and all but how fucking bad do you have to be at QB to warrant even mild criticism? Since his Reign of Gum Chewing Confusion began, I have seen nothing but excuses and scapegoating just about everyone from the WRs to the OL to the Def to explain Hundley’s dismal play physically and mentally from everyone from local media to national announcers. Is this a social justice issue or is there a deeper conspiracy to continue to pretend that this guy has an inkling of an ability to do anything other than miss throws and not make decisions? Like when they told us that gay guy was a great player or that Capernick could start for most NFL teams... oh my gosh... that’s it! Is Hundly playing like a fucking shitstain to strengthen Kapernick’s collusion claims?! Or does he just suck bum butt?

Iron Mike
01-02-2018, 08:42 AM
OMG, flashback.....

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Football/4498/4498-990786Fr.jpg

Zool
01-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Well it was either him or Lil Joe at QB. His confidence had to be getting rocked by his own shitty play, why would his teammates make him even worse by destroying him mentally? He looked like a rookie QB would look, he just happened to have 2 years of practice in the NFL too so he shouldn't have sucked so bad.

Iron Mike
01-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Photoshop his head in there.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/418856880396451840/aOeCGx4i_400x400.jpeg

pbmax
01-02-2018, 09:46 AM
I am at a loss to find a LACK of criticism of Hundley, except possibly broadcast TV. But they always try to fluff the QB.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2018, 10:49 AM
I think playing QB in NFL regular season is hard. So many guys look OK in preseason, or they have timing issues that you think will correct over practice and coaching.

Hundley just doesn't have the talent to throw accurately in full speed game, never will.

I blame the 2017 fiasco squarely on NFL stubborn tradition. Name another sport where important players sit on the bench completely for two years? The backup QB should play in most games, at least for a series, so they get some experience, and the team knows how serviceable the guy is. I believe the Packers saw enough of Hundley in practice to reasonably guess he had potential, but guessing is foolish, and they got burned.

gbgary
01-02-2018, 11:01 AM
some media types think Hundley will be back next year. i personally think he most likely played his last game as a pro last sunday.

Zool
01-02-2018, 11:19 AM
I think playing QB in NFL regular season is hard. So many guys look OK in preseason, or they have timing issues that you think will correct over practice and coaching.

Hundley just doesn't have the talent to throw accurately in full speed game, never will.

I blame the 2017 fiasco squarely on NFL stubborn tradition. Name another sport where important players sit on the bench completely for two years? The backup QB should play in most games, at least for a series, so they get some experience, and the team knows how serviceable the guy is. I believe the Packers saw enough of Hundley in practice to reasonably guess he had potential, but guessing is foolish, and they got burned.

NHL and MLB have ridiculously deep minor league systems. NBA has a growing minor league system as well as Europe. NFL has college.

Playing a backup QB for 1 series a game is like a MLB player getting 1 at bat every 5 games. It's time they stop treating the NCAA as their minor league system.

Carolina_Packer
01-02-2018, 11:47 AM
some media types think Hundley will be back next year. i personally think he most likely played his last game as a pro last sunday.

I am partially saying this because of how well it worked in MN this year. A good bit of why it worked well is because they have really developed a good defense. Case Keenum turned out to be a better than expected signing for them. If Green Bay can find the next QB with NFL starting experience, but not considered a starter, I think that would be a good idea at this point in A-Rod's career.

Also, it would be real competition for Hundley, should they bring him back to see if he has learned from his time starting this year. That way you are not giving up on him too early (his value is pretty low anyway), but at least you can kick the tires this next off-season/TC/Pre-season and see if he can compete with an experienced QB for the backup job. The new GM might be willing to commit more cap money to a backup instead of having both backup QB's be green as grass.

I'll be concerned if they let it ride with Hundley and Callahan as competition for the backup, or of they just bring in a first year guy to add to that mix. If A-Rod were to get hurt, we'd be right back where we were this year, and nobody wants that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2018, 12:22 PM

I think Skinbasket is badmouthing Hundley so he can get him cheap on his FF team.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Case Keenum turned out to be a better than expected signing for them.
Case Keenum had a number of NFL starts.

In hinder sight, Kap with his extensive NFL experience had a lot to offer as a backup.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2018, 01:03 PM
I am at a loss to find a LACK of criticism of Hundley, except possibly broadcast TV. But they always try to fluff the QB.

Seriously? The weird thing is that so many people in here have an irrationally bad opinion of Hundley. It's dead obvious that his fault that you people stupidly find unacceptable was that he wasn't able to compensate for all the badness like Aaron Rodgers did. Not many QBs could do that.

And what the hell does Ferguson's name and pic have to do with anything?

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2018, 01:10 PM
I just 'membered that Tex thought Hundley was the next Dak Prescott.

Well, Prescott did have a down year.

channtheman
01-02-2018, 01:19 PM

This is probably true. Bad QB's that start for the Packers when Rodgers goes down don't even have careers outside of Green Bay. Scott Tolzien couldn't even start for the 4-12 Colts except for 1 game where he was so bad and they knew it immediately.

SkinBasket
01-02-2018, 05:03 PM

Well Mr Smartypants, I will have you know that my opinion is based on cursory peeks at the journal sentinel, a Pulitzer Prize winning publication, in which several articles blamed Nelson by name and other wr’s by association for hundly’s woes instead of the reverse. It is also based on a casual watching of games in various states of inebriation, where announcers were blaming running backs and offensive linemen for blown plays by default.

So my out of state casual view based on occasional reading of poorly written and thought out articles trumps your crass attempt at invalidating my feelings. That and I am obviously right.

mraynrand
01-02-2018, 05:10 PM
I was listening to them tell me on the NFL network that Reggie McKenzie has done an 'outstanding' job as the Oakland GM.

In 6 years he is 36-60 with a single WC round loss in the playoffs.

Can we just hand out participation trophies and not play football anymore?

FYI: After all, that's the goal anyway - to destroy all remnants of male-dominated institutions.

Meanwhile I have to navigate the Boys Scouts allowing girls into the Scouts (why call it Boys Scouts then? Ah ha, that's the reason). Sorry, Skinbasket, but in today's world A is B so long as you are on the correct side of the PC fence. You do not what to run afoul of the Mob.

George Cumby
01-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Rand, wtf is up with your signature line?

Please provide context or I may “SWAT” you.

pbmax
01-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Well Mr Smartypants, I will have you know that my opinion is based on cursory peeks at the journal sentinel, a Pulitzer Prize winning publication, in which several articles blamed Nelson by name and other wr’s by association for hundly’s woes instead of the reverse. It is also based on a casual watching of games in various states of inebriation, where announcers were blaming running backs and offensive linemen for blown plays by default.

So my out of state casual view based on occasional reading of poorly written and thought out articles trumps your crass attempt at invalidating my feelings. That and I am obviously right.

You might find relief in the game day threads then. There has been no shortage of mentions.

TV is just dumb.

After Hundley, the next two stories are Dom and coaches earning their way out the door and Nelson coming apart at the seams. There are only so many ways you can say Hundley went four games at home without a TD pass.

mraynrand
01-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Rand, wtf is up with your signature line?

A google search would have given you this as the top hit:

The Star Trek Transcripts - The Menagerie, Part 2
www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/16b.htm
PIKE: All I want to do is get my hands on you. Can you read these thoughts, images of hate, killing? KEEPER: The other new arrival has considered you unreachable but now is realising this has changed. The factors in her favour are youth and strength, plus unusually strong female drives. PIKE: You'll find my thoughts more interesting, thoughts so primitive you can't understand.

George Cumby
01-02-2018, 10:43 PM
I thought you were quoting one of the degenerates on this board.

bobblehead
01-04-2018, 05:13 PM

If Hundly is back in the league Kapernick supporters will lose their collective shit.

pbmax
01-04-2018, 06:05 PM
If Hundly is back in the league Kapernick supporters will lose their collective shit.

I would, but I am pretty sure CK is done.

texaspackerbacker
01-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I say again, it's idiocy to trash Hundley. He played as well as could be expected under difficult circumstances - namely, mostly lame personnel around him.

As for the disgusting comparison to Kaepernick, yeah, Kaepernick may well not play again in the NFL, but that has very little to do with his football ability. Hundley has no such stains on his character that I've heard of.

Prediction: the Packers will trade him for somewhere between a 2nd and 5th round draft pick - or if he is cheap enough to extend, keep him as a back up QB.

And I ask AGAIN, how does Ferguson's name and pic get dragged into this stupid thread?

Smidgeon
01-04-2018, 07:47 PM

They already have/did.

mraynrand
01-04-2018, 08:10 PM

BTW, this sounded like a threat of some sort. Are you a moderator? I just want to know who I should insult to get banned.

mraynrand
01-04-2018, 08:17 PM
I say again, it's idiocy to trash Hundley. He played as well as could be expected under difficult circumstances - namely, mostly lame personnel around him.

Sorry, this is a bad take. I agree it's wrong to insult Hundley, and that he played as well as could be expected. But that just means that his best is pretty awful. And the coaching staff and GM should have known the kind of shit show he was going to drop on them if something happened to Rodgers. Plenty of other teams stock reasonably capable backups. My favorite was Shuan Hill for Detroit and Cade McNown. There are guys like that who can at least throw a decent ball who the Packers could have signed. They should have known how shitty Hundley is and/or that the scheme wasn't going to work with him running it. That's all on them. A better backup might have won a game or two more and kept them in the running.

As far as surrounding personnel: I guess - except that I saw Hundley miss open guys - both miss them as in not finding them and miss them as in throwing the ball thirty yards over their heads.

It very well could be that Murphy looked at the decisions leading to Hundley as backup and decided that that kind of GM and Coaching work was unacceptable. It's not an outrageous position to take.

Bretsky
01-04-2018, 09:25 PM
Dude failed to make some throws a NFL ready QB should make and he didn't go through progressions well at all

It sucks that he had to play; odds are we were going to get a decent draft pick for him; now we're not getting much if anything

George Cumby
01-04-2018, 10:14 PM
BTW, this sounded like a threat of some sort. Are you a moderator? I just want to know who I should insult to get banned.

Thinking I’m a moderator is an insult to the mods. Or maybe it’s an insult to me. *shrug*

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2018, 10:02 AM
It's a combination of things on the offense. Hundley isn't very good, now he isn't terrible. He is not a starting QB in the NFL. Can he hold down the fort for a couple of games? Sure. I think Packer fans had this expectation that he was the next Aaron Rodgers waiting behind Favre, and those were ridiculous expectations that were given legs by McCarthy himself. I never thought he looked great in the preseason. He looked like a young backup. He was highly regarded talent going into his last year of college football. Some scouts hand him ranked as first to second round prospect. The fact that he fell to the 5th round speaks volumes about his overall talent as a QB. When it comes to Hundley the talent just isn't their to be a winning qb in the NFL.

The second contributing factor is that the Packers offensive line had it's struggles along the offensive line with injury. Injuries forced very raw players to play at key positions, and they got hurt. Hundley struggled to rely on protection from this group on a consistent basis which effected his ability to stay in the pocket, recognize his reads, and set his feet to make accurate throws.

The other issue was that the Packers receiving corps and tight ends are not as good as some thought. Nelson is not an elite receiver that makes his QB better, its the opposite. He is a good receiver that is made to look outstanding by Aaron Rodgers. Cobb was a star that burned out a bit early and makes too much damn money. The Packers have one elite receiver and that is Adams. He demonstrated that he is elite regardless who is tossing the football.

It is a bad combination of talent and events that led to Hundley's poor production. It is a shock to the system to Packer fan based on what type of production they have been used to.

Guiness
01-05-2018, 10:26 AM

Do they have any more shit to lose?

I'm not a CK fan, but there's no way I believe that he isn't possibly better than a significant number of QBs currently in the NFL.

He went from starter to pariah with no chance of redemption in 2.5 seconds. Obviously he didn't help himself, and the knee was only part of it, but I don't believe that a league that kept Tebow around for a year as a punt protector couldn't find a way he could help a team.

mraynrand
01-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Do they have any more shit to lose?

I'm not a CK fan, but there's no way I believe that he isn't possibly better than a significant number of QBs currently in the NFL.

He went from starter to pariah with no chance of redemption in 2.5 seconds. Obviously he didn't help himself, and the knee was only part of it, but I don't believe that a league that kept Tebow around for a year as a punt protector couldn't find a way he could help a team.

Kap can still reasonably play. But the dude may have tanked the whole league. Even stadiums with good teams in the playoff hunt were sometimes only 80% full. That plus the concussions, the soccer mom society, the tanking cable packages, and the league is finished in a few decades. Kap represents that tanking to ownership. Who the hell wants that around?

mraynrand
01-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Thinking I’m a moderator is an insult to the mods. Or maybe it’s an insult to me. *shrug*

:)

mraynrand
01-05-2018, 11:13 AM
It's a combination of things on the offense. Hundley isn't very good, now he isn't terrible. He is not a starting QB in the NFL. Can he hold down the fort for a couple of games? Sure. I think Packer fans had this expectation that he was the next Aaron Rodgers waiting behind Favre, and those were ridiculous expectations that were given legs by McCarthy himself. I never thought he looked great in the preseason. He looked like a young backup. He was highly regarded talent going into his last year of college football. Some scouts hand him ranked as first to second round prospect. The fact that he fell to the 5th round speaks volumes about his overall talent as a QB. When it comes to Hundley the talent just isn't their to be a winning qb in the NFL.

The second contributing factor is that the Packers offensive line had it's struggles along the offensive line with injury. Injuries forced very raw players to play at key positions, and they got hurt. Hundley struggled to rely on protection from this group on a consistent basis which effected his ability to stay in the pocket, recognize his reads, and set his feet to make accurate throws.

The other issue was that the Packers receiving corps and tight ends are not as good as some thought. Nelson is not an elite receiver that makes his QB better, its the opposite. He is a good receiver that is made to look outstanding by Aaron Rodgers. Cobb was a star that burned out a bit early and makes too much damn money. The Packers have one elite receiver and that is Adams. He demonstrated that he is elite regardless who is tossing the football.

It is a bad combination of talent and events that led to Hundley's poor production. It is a shock to the system to Packer fan based on what type of production they have been used to.

Not to mention the collapse of the TE position.

But most scouts had Hundley around 4-5. And I'd bet for every scout that had him 1-2, there were 3 who had him 7-FA.

The problem with Hundley wasn't that he didn't measure up to Rodgers, it was that he couldn't run a pro offense. He couldn't run the Packer offense, and the coaches could barely put together a game plan to win using his limited talents. The extent of the drop off from Rodgers is on the coaching staff and GM.

Zool
01-05-2018, 05:38 PM

I didn’t expect him to be a world beater but he was close to a dumpster fire. He’s terribly inaccurate and he freaks out when his first 2 reads aren’t open. He can’t make a throw farther than 10 yards down field.

3irty1
01-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Kap can still reasonably play. But the dude may have tanked the whole league. Even stadiums with good teams in the playoff hunt were sometimes only 80% full. That plus the concussions, the soccer mom society, the tanking cable packages, and the league is finished in a few decades. Kap represents that tanking to ownership. Who the hell wants that around?

This season in particular has the character of a season of Survivor. Not Survivor when it was new, but a few seasons in when the strategy developed for the JAGs to gang up on anyone who was likeable, useful, or interesting and eliminate them first. I never saw a season of survivor beyond the first so if that's not accurate I apologize. I'm stealing this analogy from a bartender. Anyways this season everyone good or interesting got hurt leaving the healthy JV teams and their small-ball to inherit the league.