PDA

View Full Version : Is The Establishment Collapsing?

Anti-Polar Bear
01-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Outside, it feels like 17 below this morning. I still flip burgers for the minimum-wage. Still live a wretched life devoid of marriage. But for some ambiguous reason, today is a beautiful day. In a northern town, a - no, THE - Polar Bear has been stripped of his crown.

Technically, Thompson's head is not quite erected on a spike, much to my displeasure. But through and through, regardless of what dainty title Murphy gives him going forward, the Polar Bear pretty much has been demoted. Somewhere, Mike Sherman is smiling.

Anyways, is the Establishment started by Ron Wolf about 25 years ago collapsing? If you ask a wise man - me, Tank Elf Duke - the answer is yes. Just to avoid confusions, the term "Establishment" in this post is not meant to be political in any shape, form, matter or anti-matter. Instead, it pertains to anything or anyone associated with the pseudo-glorious Ron Wolf dynasty.

The Establishment has been collapsing since Thompson ingloriously stole the throne away from Sherman. Obvious proof? Losing seasons under Wolf: 0. Losing seasons under Sherman: 0. Losing seasons under Thompson: 3.

But the biggest fudge up that is causing the Establishment to collapse is Thompson's deviation from Wolf's philosophy of utilizing ALL aspects of player acquisitions - draft, trade, free agency - aggressively and competently. In other words, Thompson, despite ample resources, failed to utilize what is notoriously known today as "Belichickism."

Draft and develop is for bottom feeders like the Browns. Belichickism is perfect for teams with elite QBs such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Thompson's failure to utilize Belichickism gives off the impression that he was the mother of incompetence.

The Establishment is indeed collapsing. It is only a matter of time before it completely crumbles. Wolf, Gutekunst or Highsmith, et al. will not be able to save it.

It is time for a brave new fountainhead. Thompson's demotion is a start. Next, give McCarthy the Ned Stark treatment, tout de suite. The Great Arm of Butte, A-Rod, is still gunslinging in his prime, so bring in a guy who knows a thing or two about Belichickism.

J-Mac.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Hard to argue with logic like that. Sarcasm? Nope, I don't do sarcasm.

Freak Out
01-02-2018, 02:33 PM
I love how both Stankbasket and Tank show up at the same time.

George Cumby
01-02-2018, 03:37 PM

Like vultures, blowflies, hyenas, jackals, hagfish or any other species of carrion eater.

mraynrand
01-02-2018, 05:25 PM
If 'Belichickism' means hiring a new GM who will be by far the best in the history of the modern NFL, perhaps in the entire history of the NFL, count me in. I want the Packers to get that guy. And picking up a new franchise QB in the sixth round is the first step. I don't think it's that loser John O'Korn from Michigan though, so just put that out of your head.

Joemailman
01-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Can't be a coincidence.

woodbuck27
01-02-2018, 11:36 PM
Outside, it feels like 17 below this morning. I still flip burgers for the minimum-wage. Still live a wretched life devoid of marriage. But for some ambiguous reason, today is a beautiful day. In a northern town, a - no, THE - Polar Bear has been stripped of his crown.

Technically, Thompson's head is not quite erected on a spike, much to my displeasure. But through and through, regardless of what dainty title Murphy gives him going forward, the Polar Bear pretty much has been demoted. Somewhere, Mike Sherman is smiling.

Anyways, is the Establishment started by Ron Wolf about 25 years ago collapsing? If you ask a wise man - me, Tank Elf Duke - the answer is yes. Just to avoid confusions, the term "Establishment" in this post is not meant to be political in any shape, form, matter or anti-matter. Instead, it pertains to anything or anyone associated with the pseudo-glorious Ron Wolf dynasty.

The Establishment has been collapsing since Thompson ingloriously stole the throne away from Sherman. Obvious proof? Losing seasons under Wolf: 0. Losing seasons under Sherman: 0. Losing seasons under Thompson: 3.

But the biggest fudge up that is causing the Establishment to collapse is Thompson's deviation from Wolf's philosophy of utilizing ALL aspects of player acquisitions - draft, trade, free agency - aggressively and competently. In other words, Thompson, despite ample resources, failed to utilize what is notoriously known today as "Belichickism."

Draft and develop is for bottom feeders like the Browns. Belichickism is perfect for teams with elite QBs such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Thompson's failure to utilize Belichickism gives off the impression that he was the mother of incompetence.

The Establishment is indeed collapsing. It is only a matter of time before it completely crumbles. Wolf, Gutekunst or Highsmith, et al. will not be able to save it.

It is time for a brave new fountainhead. Thompson's demotion is a start. Next, give McCarthy the Ned Stark treatment, tout de suite. The Great Arm of Butte, A-Rod, is still gunslinging in his prime, so bring in a guy who knows a thing or two about Belichickism.

J-Mac.

:-)

Anti-Polar Bear
01-03-2018, 09:15 AM
If 'Belichickism' means hiring a new GM who will be by far the best in the history of the modern NFL, perhaps in the entire history of the NFL, count me in. I want the Packers to get that guy. And picking up a new franchise QB in the sixth round is the first step. I don't think it's that loser John O'Korn from Michigan though, so just put that out of your head.

Josh McDaniels could be that guy with an elite QB.

Speaking of Korn, did Murphy just hired a headhunting agency called Korn Ferry, or something like that, to search for the next Packer GM? What the fuck? Waste of money. I noticed that McCarthy has signed an extension, so it looks like his head isn't gonna roll anytime soon in reality. But it doesn't take a headhunting agency to trade McCarthy to the Browns, and then hire J-Mac to run the whole shebang as GM/Coach.

The hapless Browns won't give up the #1 overall pick, but they might be willing to part with their other 1st rounder.

Vincenzo
01-03-2018, 11:17 AM
:-)
Interesting post, so yes, :-)

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2018, 11:46 AM
I would through KYpack in there and you have the Three Amigos.

mraynrand
01-03-2018, 12:11 PM

KY is sort of the anti-anti-polar bear.

woodbuck27
01-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Tank and KYPack ='s

https://www.dailybulletin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/1122_spo_idb_l-2017-motorsports-poy-1122-36-wl.jpg?w=620

woodbuck27
01-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Josh McDaniels could be that guy with an elite QB.

Speaking of Korn, did Murphy just hired a headhunting agency called Korn Ferry, or something like that, to search for the next Packer GM? What the fuck? Waste of money. I noticed that McCarthy has signed an extension, so it looks like his head isn't gonna roll anytime soon in reality. But it doesn't take a headhunting agency to trade McCarthy to the Browns, and then hire J-Mac to run the whole shebang as GM/Coach.

The hapless Browns won't give up the #1 overall pick, but they might be willing to part with their other 1st rounder.

" I noticed that McCarthy has signed an extension, so it looks like his head isn't gonna roll anytime soon ... " Anti-Polar Bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slldMEPvUqA

KYPack
01-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Ahhhm right here, honey babies.

Tank is a stinking beast, hated on Packer forums throughout the land.

A big part of my opposition to the boy is his lying posts.

Those posts should now be restricted to the always bustling Montreal Alouette forum.

texaspackerbacker
01-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Ahhhm right here, honey babies.

Tank is a stinking beast, hated on Packer forums throughout the land.

A big part of my opposition to the boy is his lying posts.

Those posts should now be restricted to the always bustling Montreal Alouette forum.

I won't judge one way or the other about that, but he pretty much nailed it with his post that started this thread.

woodbuck27
01-04-2018, 12:28 PM
I won't judge one way or the other about that, but he pretty much nailed it with his post that started this thread.

ditto

Anti-Polar Bear
12-04-2018, 07:58 AM
The Establishment has collapsed.

Time to bring in J-Mac.

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2018, 11:23 AM
I'd be open to the idea of hiring McDaniels. I'm pretty sure he's a pass first kind of guy - which to me, is priority #1. He has had head coaching experience, which is a good thing even though he didn't last long in Denver. He, like anybody else, would, of course, have a major adjustment to coaching with a shitty O Line at least until it could get fixed.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-04-2018, 01:02 PM
I'd be open to the idea of hiring McDaniels. I'm pretty sure he's a pass first kind of guy - which to me, is priority #1. He has had head coaching experience, which is a good thing even though he didn't last long in Denver. He, like anybody else, would, of course, have a major adjustment to coaching with a shitty O Line at least until it could get fixed.

NE has had shitty OL before in the Brady era. They overcame. J-Mac is great to scheming to get the first read open, allowing Brady to release the rock faster than the speed of light.

Rutnstrut
12-04-2018, 01:11 PM

Rodgers probably wouldn't like him though. McDaniels likes the short passing game and he does like to run the ball.

bobblehead
12-04-2018, 01:20 PM
McDaniels adjusted to losing brady for a year and was it Cassal? Had his best season as a pro under him. He has adjusted to talent around him from bombs away with Moss to dink and dunk with edelman and White. I like him.

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2018, 01:40 PM
McDaniels adjusted to losing brady for a year and was it Cassal? Had his best season as a pro under him. He has adjusted to talent around him from bombs away with Moss to dink and dunk with edelman and White. I like him.

True, but he had a decent O Line to work with.

gbgary
12-04-2018, 01:50 PM

he's my favorite as of now. it'll take something to pry him away from NE...as IND found out.