PDA

View Full Version : What is your take on MIKE MCCARTHY

Bretsky
01-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Is he a top tier coach (defined by top 33% of coaches in NFL

Average Coach (somewhere in the middle; job under normal circumstances should not be in jeopardy

Lower Tier Coach- Bottom 33% or so of NFL where job should be on the line or he should already be gone

Bretsky
01-05-2018, 07:14 AM
Lot of chatter about how MM should be on the chopping block
I'm curious as to how this turns out

pbmax
01-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Top tier, but he let the team be stuck in between Ted and Dom for too long. Last year was a time to force someone to change their approach.

Let's face it, McCarthy survived this purge because of Rodgers. Both developing him and being his coordinator/play caller.

He very much needs to get the D side of the ball fixed.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Disagree, I think MM is a top tier coach and gets his team ready to go and in a position to be successful. I would love to know what BB thinks of him.

If he had BB as a general manager and talent guy, the Packers would be darn competitive annually with the Pats.

Pugger
01-05-2018, 10:11 AM
McCarthy is more highly regarded by his peers than by many fans both here and on other Packers message boards I frequent. He isn't perfect by a long shot. He should have fired Capers after that disaster along with Slocum after the NFCC game in Seattle. When he can get competent QB play his offenses are productive. He could get Matt Flynn to look serviceable when Matt fell on his face everywhere else. He tried to do this with Hundley but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. This is a big offseason for Mike. He's gotta get the right DC and assistants and turn this around in 2018 or he'll be the next one out the door. I don't think not making the SB will be his death knell but if we don't make the playoffs and the defense looks like garbage his seat will get hotter than hell and the new GM will most likely make a change.

pbmax
01-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Disagree, I think MM is a top tier coach and gets his team ready to go and in a position to be successful. I would love to know what BB thinks of him.

If he had BB as a general manager and talent guy, the Packers would be darn competitive annually with the Pats.

So you mean just like the past decade?

Its not the Packers fault the best competition the Patriots faced was in the Super Bowl because the AFC in general and the AFC East in particular stinks out loud.

call_me_ishmael
01-05-2018, 12:44 PM
I just think MM has done an incredible job in spite of limited talent over the years. From 2015 on, I think the team has not been outstanding outside of Rodgers.

Pugger
01-05-2018, 02:48 PM
I just think MM has done an incredible job in spite of limited talent over the years. From 2015 on, I think the team has not been outstanding outside of Rodgers.

I agree with you but there will be a large chorus of folks telling us the only reason we win is because of #12.