PDA

View Full Version : Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

Joemailman
01-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Anybody watching football? Heck of a comeback by Tennessee. 22-21 Tennessee with 4+minutes left.

Pugger
01-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Yes, TN looked terrible earlier. Now KC has to scramble back to retake the lead late.

red
01-06-2018, 06:50 PM
fuck KC

glad they lost

pbmax
01-06-2018, 07:12 PM
That was close to the most brutal playoff loss if that non fumble was loose a half second earlier.

Joemailman
01-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Andy Reid in trouble? He's now 11-13 in the playoffs, and 1-4 in KC.

Bretsky
01-06-2018, 07:35 PM
GO RAMS !!!!!!!

pbmax
01-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Andy Reid in trouble? He's now 11-13 in the playoffs, and 1-4 in KC.

Makes the playoffs every year, never gets anywhere. He is settling for mediocrity. No wonder the winner that is John Dorsey had to go!

Rastak
01-06-2018, 08:08 PM
Anybody watching football? Heck of a comeback by Tennessee. 22-21 Tennessee with 4+minutes left.

Yea, the Chiefs fucked it up. They had the thing in control, Kelsey getting his brains rattled really affected them but you can't let the loss of one receiver kill your whole game.

Rastak
01-06-2018, 08:09 PM
GO RAMS !!!!!!!

Getting their ass kicked. I'm pulling for the Falcons and hoping the Panthers win against NO. Vikings played a terrible game and just lost against those guys. I'm thinking the rematch at home would be an old fashioned ass kicking.

denverYooper
01-06-2018, 08:11 PM
That really was one heck of an assist from Mack. You see OL pushing RB forward often but not picking them up and carrying them into the endzone.

I hope Linsley is watching. Maybe he can convert his bodyslam technique into a beneficial move for the offense.

Zool
01-06-2018, 08:24 PM
Yea, the Chiefs fucked it up. They had the thing in control, Kelsey getting his brains rattled really affected them but you can't let the loss of one receiver kill your whole game.

Anyone not named Andy Reid wouldn’t go into a 4 minute offense with 22 minutes to go.

Joemailman
01-06-2018, 08:24 PM
That really was one heck of an assist from Mack. You see OL pushing RB forward often but not picking them up and carrying them into the endzone.

I hope Linsley is watching. Maybe he can convert his bodyslam technique into a beneficial move for the offense.

I think that was illegal. You can push the ball carrier. You can't grab and pull the carrier.

Rastak
01-06-2018, 08:27 PM
I think that was illegal. You can push the ball carrier. You can't grab and pull the carrier.

Seems like they allow it now. In the old days that was a no-no and would get flagged but now it never gets called.

Rastak
01-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Dumb asshole hits him out of bounds.

Rutnstrut
01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Seems like they allow it now. In the old days that was a no-no and would get flagged but now it never gets called.

In HS and college it's flagged as aiding the runner. I thought it was in the NFL as well, but I've seen it continually not called the last few years.

Guiness
01-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Rams daring Falcons to run, 8 and 9 in the box. And the Falcons are running and moving the ball

Rastak
01-06-2018, 09:31 PM
Rams daring Falcons to run, 8 and 9 in the box. And the Falcons are running and moving the ball

Fun game so far....very close.

woodbuck27
01-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Upset Saturday 1/6/2018

The LA RAMS at Home are looking like losers to the Atlanta Falcons.

See what happens when you rest Star Players in Week 17 !?

Guiness
01-06-2018, 10:21 PM
This super slo-mo frame by frame was it or wasn't it a catch shit...

yetisnowman
01-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Upset Saturday 1/6/2018

The LA RAMS at Home are looking like losers to the Atlanta Falcons.

See what happens when you rest Star Players in Week 17 !?

Jesus its not much of an upset. The Falcons have last years super bowl team with the reigning mvp and are the healthiest team in the postseason. 6th seed sure....but its a 2nd year qb at a lameduck stadium they were facing. Not exactly a cinderalla story.

Joemailman
01-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Chiefs lead 21-3 at halftime and Kareem Hunt, the NFL's leading rusher, gets 5 2nd half carries. Abandoning the run has always been a knock against Reid. Gotta believe the knives will be out in KC.

Freak Out
01-07-2018, 12:03 AM

I was surprised it wasn't flagged.

Freak Out
01-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Chiefs lead 21-3 at halftime and Kareem Hunt, the NFL's leading rusher, gets 5 2nd half carries. Abandoning the run has always been a knock against Reid. Gotta believe the knives will be out in KC.

I didn't know M3 branched from that coaching tree? Ugh...Reid deserves to be canned for that alone.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 12:12 AM
I was surprised it wasn't flagged.

It should have been. The NFL rules don't say anything to prohibit pushing the ball carrier. But they clearly state that no offensive player can pull the ball carrier in any direction.

ThunderDan
01-07-2018, 07:57 AM
KC got jobbed.

Mariotta got destroyed by a blitzing Chief. He fumbled the ball on the way to the ground. The ref called that the qbs forward progress was stopped. I have never seen a qb with a clean hit coming up the middle been called down because he is driven back by the sack while not touching the ground. If that is the case anytime your qb goes backwards on a sack no fumble is possible.

Now the 2 point forward progress had been stopped I agree with. It wasnt a clean to the ground tackle. The S had made first contact 3 yards earlier and pushed the qb back before finally getting him to the ground.

Zool
01-07-2018, 08:37 AM
It helps to score more than 0 points in the second half too.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 09:10 AM
In the NFL it used to be that you could not push the runner either. O lineman, including many Packers, got around that by blocking the pile. Mack just grabbed the RB.

pbmax
01-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
QB play might decide this one, but not in a good way. It'll be Tyrod taking sacks as the lesser of two evils with Bortles tossing picks.

Now THAT is analysis.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 12:39 PM
2 mediocre QB's going up against good defenses. Punters gonna get a workout.

Joemailman
01-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Having a tough time adjusting to playoffs without Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Broncos and Ravens. Maybe good for the league to get some new teams in there, but odd.

channtheman
01-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Today I learned that Brett Hundley could have started for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he would have been an upgrade!

Rastak
01-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Tyrod Taylor got his head smashed into the ground.....didn't look good. Bills down to around 1 minute to get down the field and score.

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Jacksonville-Buffalo is like watching Hundley vs. Hundley.

Guiness
01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Bortles has a playoff win as a QB. Of course, Trent Dilfer is an SB winning QB!

87 yards passing, 88 yards rushing.

One thing I have to say, the NFL needs to do much better job when it comes to determining if something is a catch or not. At the end of the game they ran at least half a dozen replays of Ramsey's INT from different views in super slow-mo to try and decide if the ball may have moved due to the ball hitting the ground. It really ruined the flow at the end of the game, to the point that I went into the kitchen to get something to drink.

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 03:40 PM
^^^ Didn't you think the Bills were gonna win because that stable genius call of having him start in the middle of the season - to gain experience, of course - would eventually pay off?

MadScientist
01-07-2018, 05:08 PM
Looks like the Panthers forgot to pack their defense for the trip to NO. Or maybe they brought the Packers defense by mistake.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 05:26 PM
Looks like the Panthers forgot to pack their defense for the trip to NO. Or maybe they brought the Packers defense by mistake.

Things are going 'just swell' pour moi (knock on wood). :clap:

denverYooper
01-07-2018, 05:39 PM
This just in: Ladarius Gunther plays for the Panthers

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 05:43 PM
This just in: Ladarius Gunther plays for the Panthers

'plays'

esoxx
01-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Dumbest decision I've seen a coach make in some time. Go for it at midfield up 5 with less than two minutes left? Unbelievably stupid move by Sean Payton.

woodbuck27
01-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Dumbest decision I've seen a coach make in some time. Go for it at midfield up 5 with less than two minutes left? Unbelievably stupid move by Sean Payton.

That throw by Brees to what? ... five Panthers and 'of course' Picked.

'blind madness' for a Vet QB.

I didn't know I could leap off the floor that high anymore !

yetisnowman
01-07-2018, 07:18 PM
'plays'

Hey he came and layed the wood on someone on a little check down throw by brees. Those plays typically absent from our DBs.

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Hey he came and layed the wood on someone on a little check down throw by brees. Those plays typically absent from our DBs.

congrats

mraynrand
01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
That throw by Brees to what? ... five Panthers and 'of course' Picked.

'blind madness' for a Vet QB.

I didn't know I could leap off the floor that high anymore !

Actually it was a brilliant play by Brees. Stupid play by the d-back.

mraynrand
01-08-2018, 03:34 PM
One final word on the weekend games, specifically Jacksonville-Buffalo. I made comments during the season that starting caliber QBs cannot be long sequestered as back-ups because the league doesn't have 32 starting caliber QBs. Buffalo and Jacksonville prove this point. Holy hell, Bortles and James was picked #3 overall IIRC, and that guy is a train wreck at QB. And Tie-rod Taylor is even worse, if that can be conceived of. And these are playoff teams. Man alive, the QBing in the league is awful. And just so you know, I'm not excuse-making here. Packers leadership still gets a severe downgrade for not knowing how awful Hundley would be as a backup and for allowing the level of play to collapse due to a Rodgers injury. Perhaps if it hadn't already happened once (2013) it would be somewhat forgivable, but they all had to have known what would happen, and they didn't have a proper plan to deal with it.

Still, you can at least give them some leeway because the NFL QB talent overall is pretty dismal.

pbmax
01-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Actually it was a brilliant play by Brees. Stupid play by the d-back.

Yep, pass just like a punt. Might as well give it a shot. I am sure that was the last word from Peyton on the sideline.

Rutnstrut
01-08-2018, 04:10 PM
One final word on the weekend games, specifically Jacksonville-Buffalo. I made comments during the season that starting caliber QBs cannot be long sequestered as back-ups because the league doesn't have 32 starting caliber QBs. Buffalo and Jacksonville prove this point. Holy hell, Bortles and James was picked #3 overall IIRC, and that guy is a train wreck at QB. And Tie-rod Taylor is even worse, if that can be conceived of. And these are playoff teams. Man alive, the QBing in the league is awful. And just so you know, I'm not excuse-making here. Packers leadership still gets a severe downgrade for not knowing how awful Hundley would be as a backup and for allowing the level of play to collapse due to a Rodgers injury. Perhaps if it hadn't already happened once (2013) it would be somewhat forgivable, but they all had to have known what would happen, and they didn't have a proper plan to deal with it.

Still, you can at least give them some leeway because the NFL QB talent overall is pretty dismal.

It just shows even more how important a solid defense and running game are.

mraynrand
01-08-2018, 04:14 PM

Questionable to be sure. But Brees picking up 2(3?) yards to seal the game is not the worst bet you can make. The db let 'em off the hook a little by catching the pass.

mraynrand
01-08-2018, 04:15 PM

that's one way to win.

pbmax
01-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Kinda a partial solution though. For instance, this week seems like a plan to lose to NE.

denverYooper
01-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Kinda a partial solution though. For instance, this week seems like a plan to lose to NE.

NE always does seem to draw the weaker one-dimensional opponents to pick off early in the playoffs. It's almost magical.

pbmax
01-08-2018, 09:37 PM
NE always does seem to draw the weaker one-dimensional opponents to pick off early in the playoffs. It's almost magical.

Captain Comeback has a list of the QBs they have faced in the Divisional Round and its most amusing.